Forum › Posts by Siklaws

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

How many of these games have been translated? Tokyo nova looks like a lot of fun. I might have to go see what they do on /tg/...

And man i would realy like to try some of those modules and settings, i only DM basic D&D with custon settings those days...

Any tips for a new DM running 5e? I'll be starting something soon. I've played a lot of 3rd and pathfinder with a little 5e but no real experience running anything.

Hm, i will try my best with the limited english i have.
For start dont fear improvisation, players will try to steal pies, start fights and charm barmaidens, try to make those little encouters mean something and be fun, have fun with then too, who knows where things can go after all? Fun is the name of the game. If the player has a cool idea and there is no rule for the roll just make a simple one, try to reward good role play.

In terms of rules, 5e is pretty simple, the advantage/disvantage systen is a great little card that can be used to make all kinds of cool moments. In my experience be carefull on encounters with too many monsters, you can lose track of them and the players tend to have more trouble on battles with many weak enemies than a big powerfull one, so yes they will have more trouble on 12 kobolds than against 6 orcs, most of the time in 5e.

It also helps to make the world around the players "alive", have npcs with agendas and plans that are doing things outside theyr view, it can be a dwarf that hates the mayor and will try to kill whim in X days , or a big battle that will happen in the frontier, think if the players will cross paths with those events or maybe they can discover those by themselves, by the exemple the fighter might stay wake late in the tavern and hear the hatefull speech of the dwarf about the mayor or the ranger find the tracks left by the army that is going to the frontier, things like that. The more you work on filling the world with events and npcs, less the players will fell like they are on "tracks", they will be just exploring the world.

But here i am babbling about rpgs again, its just a randon mess of things in broken english. Have fun, dont be afraid of players and rules (now you make the rules), but be fair and cruel. I mean, fair and just. Dont have pity on the players, they are smart enough to see your charades and master plans and dumb enough to go pulling randon levers on a death trap. Belive me: player see lever, player pulls lever. Its a rule of the world.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 5:11PM

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Oh my god, look at those dorks! I love it!
And man i would realy like to try some of those modules and settings, i only DM basic D&D with custon settings those days...

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Is the cookie hermit on page 7 a grandma form cookie clicker?

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/tDxEsLJ.jpg
I'm sold. Favorited forever.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

the whole manga takes place on a single day?

Siklaws
Image Comments 25 May 16:51
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015
47743775_p0

Homu imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute yuri
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Hugs are my holding cell

... Sorry, i just... Sorry.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

An interesting read. A tad anticlimactic by the end i guess.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Nako you sly dog! That hug and hand-on-hand-on-onion maneuver was brilliant!

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I was expecting a "Nico nico KNEE" in there somewere. Great stuff though.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I dont know why but Maki speech about watching love unfold and that all he wants is to be a spectator, it felt very lonely. Like he wants to isolante himself from others... Probably just reading too much into it.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I just want do say that, like everything in the manga i guess, gramdma Collete is also Friggin adorable. Just look at her! I wanna hug her! :~~

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

So... This is basically a Shounen manga were the mc faces a new creep every issue and out-creeps them with the power of love and friendship? Like jojo but instead of stands we have horrible mental/social disfunctions?

Siklaws
Their Story discussion 29 Sep 10:07
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Xuezhang is so precious on the new updates , im rooting for him!

Siklaws
Yuri Danshi discussion 28 Sep 18:28
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I could swear i read a manga once with the same kind of story, but it was a yaoi fangirl instead... Now i want to remember and read it again... Maybe it was an anime? Damn i will lose my night now trying to find out... Oh, this one is pretty cool too!

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 6:30PM

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I...Just... I Can't...

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Go after her Bocchi! You can do it!

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

the auto-destruction button with the skull remembered me an old anime from when i was little: there were the "villains" with a different robot every episode, they were a girl and 2 boys, all very clumsy, and they always exploded with their robot,
i remember a pig on a palm tree that came out of the console of the robot, and the anime's name end with -man, i think...

i can't find it with google with these infos and my english

It might be the old Yatterman series. They made a continuation this year that was sad as f.

Ho and this doujin is just so cute. I dont know munch about touhou, but i read all the material this group have here on dinasty, i realy love the mood and style.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

..., like "Bro, you know that thing that we never felt? I'm starting to feel it bro (EXCEPT THAT IT'S TOWARDS YOU)"

Now i want all the sempai dialog to be made Like she is a college bro.

Siklaws
Friends discussion 30 Apr 06:45
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Too cute. I just cant...

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I realy love this one. But exactly how old was Rina in the flashbacks? If they have been apart for 14 years and RIna is still in highschool, she was like 3 or 4? That's some good memory to still remember the kiss and all.

Siklaws
Their Story discussion 18 Mar 16:42
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I just hope things go this well for Qin Xiong and the upper classman too.

Siklaws
Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Hey a player tag could fit here, if only for a little double entendre joke (you know, because shes the "player" cahracter? Hm hm? Heeeh you get it). Or would it be a pun? I have to admit, my english kinda of weak.