Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

OMG THERE'S A TYPO MACHIGAI ANON SHREK UP AGAIN

why is she so bad

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

A fun read, this. I love the amount of reading between the lines you can do.

Does Umi get the 'fertilised egg' from Kotori, or the unfertilised one? They have the same nutritional value, after all... but they're different in the end. I think this speaks about Kotori's feelings--are they true for Umi, or is she simply sleeping with her because she 'can't sleep by herself'?

Kotori seems to feel bad about staying over with Honoka. I can't help but wonder if she realises her 'unfertilised egg' is going to Umi, but she knows Umi loves her and needs her... more so than her liking to have eggs every morning, it's simply the habit she's gotten into...

I'm not usually a fan of angst, but this one has some delicious subtext that I enjoyed chewing on while helping Anon to TL it.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:51AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK THAT THEY AREN'T WRESTLING AT ALL

I'm gonna have to stop you there

When you try and claim that these characters aren't canon members of the WWE you are making direct negative implications about them and the feelings they express in the series they are from and degrade them as a whole. By implying they are actually having sex you are stating that the feelings they express in the series are weak or otherwise worthless.

It also does not matter if you "seriously" like to imagine them actually having sex or not, because no matter what you personally feel about the characters you are still making the negative implications about the feelings of the wrestling girls. Sort of like saying "I was just kidding about you holding hands with that girl, haha, it was just a joke." The intention/verbal confirmation and logical consequence of the actions do not match.

To claim the characters aren't wrestling you are also treating them as interchangable and disposable, which is highly insulting because it make many negative statements about them; that their warrior spirit is weak, that their abilities as a "wrestler" has no real substance, that they're not capable of pinning another girl down without it leading to penetration, etc etc. If you claim that any situation you put the characters in will lead to sexual activities then that's the same as saying all physical activity involving them is cheap.

In closing; please be aware of the difference between an opinion and a stance. An opinion is based on non-factual information. And all of the things stated here are based on the logical cohesion of events and their results can be repeated by other parties using the same process, thus they are facts.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Fue remains best girl all the way to the end.

Sacchan and Ruki's ending made me feel really dissatisfied. I don't see how Sacchan changed at all. She just accepted the fact that she's a terrible person and... uh... Ruki sticks with her for absolutely no reason??? イミワカンナイ…

Still, it was a good read overall.

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 5:05AM

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Isya please. We all do.

God bless isya, truly. She has an amazing track record of English tweets.

(マナりつセッ = ManaRitsu Sex)

Her Japanese posts are honestly just as bad (good?). When she gets drunk she posts the most amazing things.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I really, really wanted to tag this as Yuri Kuma Arashi. But I decided to be a good panda.

...this time...

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I fucking love you guys <3

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 18 Mar 23:34
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I dunno, this crazy dude's rambles suggests some people don't have that supposed common sense at all!

Same with the occasional hate I get for releasing doujins of pairings with Nico or Maki that aren't NicoMaki, for example. Mostly this is just hilarious for me, mind you, but yeah, some people take this shit way too seriously

Apparently! It's really sad how frequently people take it that seriously. It's just so much easier and less stressful to ignore the ones you aren't a fan of. This doesn't even apply to just doujin pairings either but really anything. People get way the hell too worked up over things they dislike when that only serves to end up making them see more of it than they would otherwise.

Most of the time I do that just for fun xD Especially that one time when Kouhai released tons of EliUmi, so I joked about how much hatred I have for NHFH

I got some pretty angry tweets / messages about releasing some HonoMaki stuff...

Maybe the NicoMaki fans are just especially rabid? :D hides display pic

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 18 Mar 16:04
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

It's a short way of saying "I don't care who is shipped with who". Because the couplings I like, I'll read; and the couplings I don't like... Well, I said it above. Crazy logic, I know!

Isn't this really just common sense though? The fact that it even needs to be explained to anyone is kinda rather sad.

I dunno, this crazy dude's rambles suggests some people don't have that supposed common sense at all!

Same with the occasional hate I get for releasing doujins of pairings with Nico or Maki that aren't NicoMaki, for example. Mostly this is just hilarious for me, mind you, but yeah, some people take this shit way too seriously

last edited at Mar 18, 2015 4:05PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 18 Mar 02:46
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Shima I thought you said you always liked it when girls were gay with other girls. Please say you at least approve of HonoMaki :(

girls being gay with other girls is best

(also if I didn't approve of HonoMaki I wouldn't be drooling over all of Inuzuka Bouru's stuff, you silly)

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 18 Mar 02:29
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Thank god he's not in the Love Live fandom.

OT9 for life, yo.

I find it hilarious that you say this with a NicoMaki avatar. I feel that even in an OT9 situation they'd be too busy being all tsundere with each other to have time for everyone else, so they'd just let them do their thing on the side.

I was being facetious.

It's a short way of saying "I don't care who is shipped with who". Because the couplings I like, I'll read; and the couplings I don't like... Well, I said it above. Crazy logic, I know!

Shimapanda Uploader
Their Story discussion 17 Mar 22:11
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

shopkeeper is me irl

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 17 Mar 22:11
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

On the other hand, he could just be a troll, in which case I put waaaay too much thought into this. :p

On the third hand, just don't read doujinshi/fanfics/whatever depicting couples you don't like. It's seriously that easy.

Shimapanda Uploader
Unfortunate News 17 Mar 21:05
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Thank god he's not in the Love Live fandom.

OT9 for life, yo.

Shimapanda Uploader
BxLxUxE discussion 15 Mar 15:42
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

anyway, happy birthday shima.
Oh, and happy birthday to Shima. Being old rocks, cause you can you pretty much say or do whatever you like. Who's gonna arrest an old person?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMA!!!!!!!!! (I wanted to say it on the actual day but I didn't know where.) But still, happy happy birthday! ^.^

Thanks you guys <3

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Not much for Kuro, skipping out on Umi because a) the event today celebrated plenty that we'll see soon I think, and b) drpepperfan might yell at me if I upload too much more LL! without other series getting love lol

am I gonna have to release some more Umi doujins to make up for this :(

Shimapanda Uploader
NicoMakiss discussion 09 Mar 16:37
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

We~ll, considering this was drawn in 2013 it's a bit silly to say that she "ran out of ideas", buuuut hey.

Shimapanda Uploader
NicoMakiss discussion 07 Mar 01:39
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This is a birthday present for our good friend Rexbandit! Happy birthday, Rex!!!!!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Wait, she can rely on Ritsu? That's a new one.

Yes! Yes she can! This is part of the brilliance of MioRitsu and why I love the couple so much. They are so wonderful for each other.

(rambling fangirl rant)
Mio is a scaredy-cat. She wants to experience new things - she enjoys them once she's started them! - but she's too scared to take that first step. Ritsu knows this, and Ritsu is the one who can always coax her out of her comfort zone... often by dragging her along for the ride with her.

Once Mio is settled, she's the hard line that keeps everyone else in check. She's the one that complains about them not practicing as much as they should or getting distracted by this or that. It's particularly important that she keeps Ritsu from getting distracted by her next big idea, too.

Ritsu always helps Mio feel comfortable when she's out of her comfort zone. She acts like a total dork, gets a rise out of Mio and makes her whack her. Or else she's so crazy that Mio has to take the "straight man" position and drag her into line. While Ritsu is for sure a bit of a leap-before-you-look, both-feet-in-mouth type, you do see in some episodes how she bothers Mio specifically to get her to become more comfortable, distracting her from the scary parts of a new situation. Mio can focus not on what scares her, but instead on the fact that Ritsu is being a total idiot.

And we all know Ritsu isn't all about the craziness. She's not a total derp like Yui. Just look at the "love letter" episode. I think she swallows a lot of her own sensitivity for various reasons... and I think part of that is because she has to be full of confidence to cover for both Mio and herself. If Ritsu was insecure, no way would Mio go along with her. And besides, she's got a reputation to uphold. ^_^

tl;dr, Mio is the anchor for Ritsu's wild side - but Ritsu is the one who drags Mio into the unknown. They balance each other perfectly. And that's what makes their relationship so great.
(/rambling fangirl rant)

last edited at Feb 27, 2015 2:18AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Honestly I didn't really get the impression that they went and had sex, they seemed to be more interested in having some time to snuggle and kiss and chat about feelings. I guess it is possible though...

Pulls head out of the gutter
Ahh of course. That's exactly what should happen. Headcanon accepted.

Thanks for your hard work, by the way~

This LewdPekoe... Kouhai's corrupting you!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Wait, so they just up and did it right there? Man, kids are crazy~

I'm not too surprised. Partly because hormonal teenagers, but more because at the time they thought they weren't the only ones. It's like being encouraged to, especially after the earlier discussion.

Honestly I didn't really get the impression that they went and had sex, they seemed to be more interested in having some time to snuggle and kiss and chat about feelings. I guess it is possible though...

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Honestly, my biggest pet peeve is having to upload a file twice. Australian upload speeds blow so hard. And getting others to help with that doesn't really solve the problem so much as make it slightly less annoying at the expense of bothering a third party & communicating tags etc. I might as well just use the upload form at that stage.

I don't really have a problem with using the current upload system (although I do often forget the doujin series tag), but it could certainly be better.

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 6:06AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Suggestions relating to uploaders...

• Some kind of testing ground for uploads so that we can check our chapter uploaded fine before pushing it out publicly. (Yeah, I do realise the current workaround of editing the release date, but it's not quite the same.)

• Ability to have images upload in the background as soon as I select the archive while I fill in the other form fields required to upload a chapter. (My upload speed sucks so it would actually kinda help, haha.)

• Even nicer would be being able to link to an externally hosted archive and have the upload form pull it from there rather than have me reupload the file.

• Making it more clear which form field you pick to add a series' Doujin tag vs. its Manga tag. I don't know how many times I've added a Doujin to a Manga release tag, or I forget to add the tag altogether. It's not really in a particularly obvious place at the moment.

• Open source your code so I can make pull requests when I'm procrastinating working on scanlations... <_<

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Just... No

edit: Umi's so out of character it throwed me off but i deeply appreciate the effort, don't misunderstand me

???

Umi the always-serious samurai protecting Kotori (in all of one panel...) is OOC?

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 2:01AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Is there a job that involves a lot of nitpicking and telling everyone how they did everything wrong (but being unable to do better yourself)?
Cause I can totally help that way ^_^

This is my job! Particularly if it involves whining at Machigai Kouhai to do things my way, i.e. objectively better. Or driving raizoo insane with my pedantic obsessions with fonts, word bubble shape or minor wording headaches.

im learning japanese right now and im hoping that i'll eventually be good enough at it to help out with manga/visual novel translations (among other things). i figured it might be a useful skill to have given that, so im curious: how long/hard would it be to learn how to clean/edit/typeset with absolutely no experience in image editing?

Learning image editing would probably take a few weeks of concerted effort at worst, although you can always learn new tricks and get better. Learning the Japanese language to the point of being good enough to translate is likely to take years.