Forum › Posts by mccann

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm glad that some of the weirdness of the anime is preserved, even if it's not as dark... Well, even if the body count is lower...

I don't know why, I'm drawn to really weird crap sometimes. Serial Experiments Lain was my thing in high school, for example.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

'Kanojo to Camera to Kanojo no Kisetsu'

All '5 volumes' are reviewed here (SPOILERS):

http://okazu.yuricon.com/?s=Kanojo+to+Camera+to+Kanojo+no+Kisetsu

If you do not like males as a plot device and/or so-called "love triangles" used in GL stories that involve a male, know that the male character is in all 5 volumes to the end.

I really like how he's just "the male character" to most of us. Honestly I haven't been bothered to remember his name either

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

So out of curiosity, are the "Honey & Mustard" stories from this volume different from the follow-up stories with them getting together later on? Because those didn't really have much about their original relationship, which seems to be the theme here.

Yes, the "Honey & Mustard" stories in this volume include flashbacks to their previous relationship.

I'm looking forward to it! :-)

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm glad more of it is getting posted here. I was confused by, but enjoyed, the anime.

mccann
Up and Down discussion 07 May 08:36
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

God bless Adult life, and Nishi Uko. We definitely need more of this .

Ditto!

Lol re: evangelist question.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Who in their right mind would say "because that is not normal" to a kid? Some fucked up parenting that is.

I've been said "it's going to be complicated" or "why did it turn out like this?" and massive amounts of worrying and drama, but thank god, never the "it's disgusting", "it's not normal" or "god hates you". Consider me lucky.

That said, this story is sweet. It shows a long lasting married couple, just like any other, and that is as NORMAL as it can.

I told my mom I wanted to marry a girl when I grew up, she said that was cuckoo, it does happen. I did grow up to marry a woman and she didn't go to my wedding. It's alright though, my extended family is supportive.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm enjoying the second and third chapters :-) The first, the whole, object of affection of a lesbian becomes pregnant is almost a damn trope.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I think the worst part of the story, is that it had such good potential to be great. Instead, it just kind of meandered and petered out with an epilogue that left a lot of questions.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Not the worst school girl yuri I've read. Not exceptional yet either.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is both amazing and depressing. Very well executed for what it is.

mccann
Their Story discussion 18 Mar 18:05
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

It's wonderful. Say, is there a good way to get the pictures to display bigger? My monitor is tiny and so it's very hard reading the really tall strips.

mccann
True True discussion 15 Mar 14:45
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is a cute story. :-) I'm not always crazy about stuff but this author, but this is definitely alright.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Is it just me or does she remind anyone else of a Titan in this first panel?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mayonaka_yonaka_no_accept_ch01#12

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm just really enjoying adult women who aren't OLs. :-) Not that there's anything wrong with them, just they're the most common of the adult characters it seems.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

HarukaxMichiru forever. OTP.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Can people in Japan not adopt if they're unmarried?

My understanding is the adoption in Japan is actually pretty rare. Abortion isn't as religiously stigmatized there as it is the the US, so unwanted pregnancies probably aren't carried to term as often. I could be wrong about that. Wikipedia said that over 90% of adoptions that happen in Japan are adult adoptions for securing heirs, not infant adoptions.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2013/09/30/issues/cultural-and-legal-hurdles-block-path-to-child-adoptions-in-japan/#.VOClbfnF-3k

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I love this. As a 30 (okay 32) year old lesbian, stories about high school girls just make me roll my eyes, but stories about older lesbians are more interesting to me.
Especially as a lesbian who's trying to reproduce (I have an insemination at the dr's tomorrow). It'd be nice if my wife had a reliable younger brother who could provide sperm, but alas, we're going with a willing-to-be-known donor from a bank.

Good luck! And agreed about high school yuri stories, they get tiresome after a while...

True. Yuri in high school setting gets REALLY old. Adult lesbians are just much more fascinating to read.

Pretty much, it must also be because they are rarer stories around here as well.

Well, adults can do things like live together, go to France/America and get married, etc -- there's more than just confessing their feelings or consummate their relationship which is what hs-ers are limited to.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

is there a continuation for this?

I really hope so.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

The lack of toys for yuri involving schoolgirls makes sense, but in adult couples? Mixing things up is part of a healthy sex life in any relationship.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I love this. As a 30 (okay 32) year old lesbian, stories about high school girls just make me roll my eyes, but stories about older lesbians are more interesting to me.
Especially as a lesbian who's trying to reproduce (I have an insemination at the dr's tomorrow). It'd be nice if my wife had a reliable younger brother who could provide sperm, but alas, we're going with a willing-to-be-known donor from a bank.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

For NSFW ParentxTeacher http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_guilty_love_bites_ch02 is my favorite. :-)

mccann
Image Comments 31 Jan 09:34
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014
Art14

Does anyone else think she looks like Nana O. from Nana?

mccann
LOVE/DEATH discussion 21 Dec 10:26
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, that escalated quickly.

mccann
Renai Manga discussion 12 Oct 10:34
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

nowkiss.jpg

I hope this isn't like the other manga series....(I forgot what the name was but it has Manga in it) where they get along for a long time and it's labeled 'yuri,' but nothing physically ever happens. ZZZZzzz

Wasn't it a "Manga no Tsukurikata"? What happened to it? I saw somewhere 40+ chapter, is it even worth reading?

Only if you really care about the watching adults who look like they're 12 make manga and do little else but sometimes be catty with each other.

I'd pass on it. The 'yuri' aspect dries up quickly and then it just gets to be never-ending drama about who is good and who isn't at making manga that is super boring to me.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Sol Falling, I could not agree more!

And nobody has problems with, lets say, a 26/27 year old man dating a 15/16 year old girl? Innocent until proven guilty? In many countries that is statutory rape. The entire notion of "Lolitas" is bullshit. Young people (both girls and boys) cannot give that kind of consent as adults are able to manipulate youth (due to inexperience and power dynamics), especially ones wounded by all the adults in their lives. That makes the boyfriend a predator. Guilty.

there is 0 problem with this as long as they both care for each other, girls stop maturing at 16 anyway and by that point in your life you can make your own decisions.

Physically, yes 16 is when girls stop developing. The problem is that emotional and intellectual development is very much not done at 16.