Citrus + discussion 28 May 16:05
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Excellent summary of plot development!

Nene
Citrus + discussion 28 May 15:32
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Why we couldn't round things off with, "You're off the het hook, Miss Yuri Queen, and here's why" I'll never know.

Because mangaka-san wants to keep us on the edge of keen excitement? And that requires leaving oh-so-slightly ajar some doors that lead to potential trouble?

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ I stand by what I said. :P

What about the arc where Kasumi tells Saku, "For the last time, will you stop hanging all over me? I've told you a million times--I'm not into girls!"? lol

Sakurako: "Then then, all this time... you just wanted me as a domestic slave? To cook for you and do your laundry? Oh, you vile gigolette, you!"

Gigolette, huh...

An interesting conundrum.

Kasumi vs. Yurika: who'd win?

If they are competing for Sakurako, Kasumi wins hands down.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I stand corrected.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Poor little Angel-chan... she didn't get to do a threesome...

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

They went all the way already...

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ I stand by what I said. :P

What about the arc where Kasumi tells Saku, "For the last time, will you stop hanging all over me? I've told you a million times--I'm not into girls!"? lol

Sakurako: "Then then, all this time... you just wanted me as a domestic slave? To cook for you and do your laundry? Oh, you vile gigolette, you!"

Nene
Image Comments 28 May 11:23
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
25771460_p0

I remember there was a readers poll in Japan about these pairings... HimaSaku surprisingly was most voted, followed by Chinatsu x Akari. Can't recall how well Kyouko x Ayano and Yui x Kyouko did.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Plot: Two high-school girls fall in love, yay! But one is swept away by an older guy and they break up. Later it turns out the guy was just using her for cheap sex, and dumps her. She kills herself and her former GF is shattered... thus entering that 'hidden room' for revenge like the girl on the last page. (good for 4-5 chapters at least)

I sure hope that those publishers in Japan, the ones who released the Jingai Yuri books, have the same idea as you and commission a series based on this oneshot.

The world needs more DD and Wax Doll!

last edited at May 27, 2019 10:56PM

Nene
VAMPEERZ discussion 27 May 15:16
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is surprisingly good, pretty funny also, I will really enjoy reading this to the very end.

Edit: Also, I was wondering why I felt pretty nostalgic when seeing the art style, I'm surprised to see it was the same author as Prism, I was like 12 and closeted when I read that one, maaan, nostalgia wave, I was so dissapointed it never got finished, I hope this one does end up getting finished, and hopefully it's not bait like some ppl claim with "Stretch" which I haven't read.

Prism is one fond memory of mine as well.

Stretch... is a good manga, but the ending is unsatisfactory. In a nutshell: it's one of those stories where two girls start living together -- they are friends, one of them needs a place to stay, and the other one (who has an apartment) takes her in -- and it's obvious that guest girl has a crush on host girl, so we genre-savvy readers naturally expected the story to go the way of, say, A Room For Two: after living together for a while, the two girls fall in love!!! <3 Sadly, it never happened. The readers got tired of waiting for a development that never came, the manga lost popularity, and it eventually reached its end not with a bang but a whimper.

This manga shows more promise. Hey, we had a love confession within three chapters, right? That's more than Stretch did in 45 chapters!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Story 6 Grim Reaper and indigo dying candles (Shin Takekawa)

Where did you get this translation? It was literally a candle, saturated with love, but definitely nothing to do with indigo.

I really don't know what's the original Japanese name of the story... I got this English name from a translation made by a native Japanese speaker; maybe her choice of words doesn't exactly convey the intended meaning...

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Lol.
Now someone go inform Yukiko-sensei that this is the plan for the rest of the manga.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

isn't this published in a seinen magazine?

If you mean Monthly Birz, it went bung last year. It's no longer published.
Futaribeya is a web manga, these days.

So there is a website where you can find the untranslated Japanese chapters, all the way since the beginning?

All online chapters of Futaribeya are here:

Comic Boost website.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Of course, what the mom is drawing is this.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Um, many of you seem to think this is the first chapter of a longer-running series... but, actually, that's not the case.

The Jingai Yuri Anthology books are made of oneshots. Each volume has a number of autoconclusive short stories with no subsequent chapters intended. There are 2 books out so far:

Cinnamon Nonhuman x Human Yuri Anthology
Story 1 Birds singing at night (Neji)
Story 2 My Sister is a rotten girl (Asagao)
Story 3 The demon lord of the house (Eku Takeshima)
Story 4 Love Demon (Jin Takemiya)
Story 5 Wild Baby (Saki Amano)
Story 6 Flower room share (Sekihara)
Story 7 Confession (Mizua)
Story 8 My Housemate is a fish (Saku Takano)

Vanilla Nonhuman x Nonhuman Yuri Anthology
Story 1 Demon and Yamagami
Story 2 More than one zoo bar (Mintaro)
Story 3 Ginger Bride (Kazutaro)
Story 4 12th floor (Nagu Tsugu)
Story 5 "I wish I could" (Mizutani Asuza)
Story 6 Grim Reaper and indigo dying candles (Shin Takekawa)
Story 7 Kisses in Wonderland ( Subaru)
Story 8 The Devil's Daughters (Mochi Ore)
Story 9 Alice please, I'm worried about you (Hachi Ito)

As you see, this is story 6 in the Vanilla volume: Grim Reaper and indigo dying candles, by Shin Takekawa, which was translated under the title A Candle for the Grim Reaper. There isn't any continuation, what you've read is all there is.
(Of course, some editor could eventually like it and decide to turn it into a longer series... but I wouldn't bet too much on it.)

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Usa-pyon needs to calm down with those lewd thoughts, like DAMN!.

Why calm down? Act on them instead!

Nene
Image Comments 24 May 22:05
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
D7qia-pu8aaj7pi-orig

He-e-ey... reverse of dominance, I see. Well done!

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hmm... “am I cuter than Amane?” seems like she was envious of Amane somehow?... Is she one who seeks validation?

That question “am I cuter than Amane?” confused me as well, at first.

After thinking, I have a modest theory. Remember that pic with Amane that won an award, Sunset Girl? With Amane looking so cute and sexy? I suspect that this made Nene really jealous. Nene is the one who's a semi-pro model aiming to go pro, and she's in photoshoots all the time; she must have thought "it should have been me in the award-winning pic!" and then grew resentful of Amane.

If I'm right, this is a big part of why Nene broke up with Amane.

last edited at May 25, 2019 1:41AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Mom's coming home. Pack it up guys.

Best moms don't mind.

Oh my. ♡

Thank you for bringing together two of my favorite series.

A further step for a supportive mom would be to start drawing a yuri manga about her daughter's gay trysts. Or perhaps that's being too supportive???

Nene
Image Comments 23 May 18:46
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
C69gu9e

You're just fine. Your feelings right now? It's the big gay, 's all.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Lol, in these movies from the 50s it's difficult to say who sleeps with who... even Dorothy, in her big romantic scene with the leading bloke, goes no further than a kiss; at which point the scene ends, and we move to next morning. Like, we can't say for sure if they slept together that night or not.

But we do know a few things about Dorothy's past from Lorelei, who said Dorothy is always running from one musclebound stud to another. And that musical number in the Olympic team's gym... WOW. Dorothy goes into the gym (where all the male athletes in the american Olympic team are doing their training, most of them in shorts and bare-chested, showing up their sculpted muscular physiques) and basically asks the lot of them if someone, anyone, wants to fuck? Because, as for her, she's ready and raring to go!

I'm not trying to slut-shame her or anything; on the contrary: I'm all for sexual freedom! All I'm saying, doctor, is that I think that we can accurately diagnose a touch of nymphomania in her case.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I've been having a hard time taking this one seriously, and Nene's see-through skirt thing with shorts underneath doesn't help. D:

That was a weird fashion statement all right.

Am I the only one wondering which is the real pair here? like, I don't mind whoever the fuck Kou ended up with, but I absolutely want Nene x Amane more than anything else.

Hmm... what about Tanned-sensei x Machi? Grown-up couples are good too!

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Monroe plays Lorelei Lee, a gold-digger. Russell plays Dorothy Shaw, a nympho.

Now that's too much. She's not that bad.

Which one of them?

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Woohoo, new chapter's out! Some of my reactions:

Machi: "My, aren't you excited today, Nene-chan!"
Me: "Waaah, new sexy lady! She's so HOT!"
Machi: "Get ready for another busy day! I've got lots of new stuff for you!" ♡
Me: "Oh, good skinship... it looks like she could score with Nene-chan..."
Machi: "Nene-chan, don't smile. It's not cute."
Me: "... when hell freezes over."

Nene
Image Comments 23 May 11:21
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
3xpycrd

AAAAAA Urara Meirochou! I love this story so much! It's one of the few animated series where imho the anime turned out better than the manga.
Chiya x Kon best otp, yay!