Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Really looking forward for more of this

Well that explains a lot. I somehow didn't realize this wasn't a one-shot until after reading this post.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Pieta discussion 07 Dec 05:12
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm surprised this manga has so few comments. The first third or so is actually a little boringly written but once it starts picking up it's extremely good, definitely one of my favorites.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 02:53
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wait. The new girls, they're twin sisters and stepsisters? wat

Could be that one rare genetic birth thing where the girl are twin but have different fathers. Very rare... and interesting.

That would be half-siblings. Stepsiblings don't share parents at all. I'd wager a guess it's that they're stepsiblings who happen to share a birthday.

I forgot to answer this ooops. Yes I translated a translated version but it was close to 1 to 1 I blamed whoever made that 1st for the omissions, I can relate since I had to change a few things for them to make sense in english but I feel that too much was cut so it reduced the quality. Some parts were really hard to translate too, I had to use google translate quite a bit even though spanish is supposed to be my native language lol

Either way thanks for the kind words and I already thanked the one that shared the spanish release for the early chapter.

That's completely understandable then. And even if the translation did have issues, you were still nice enough to translate it well before the official release too. So that counts for quite a bit.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 2:55AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 02:25
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Haha that looks waaaaaaaay different, the spanish translation looks pretty bad now...I'll just wait next time not only because of the quality but because it feels butchered too it's missing a lot of details.

Don't be so hard with yourself. While some details are different the general meaning and context is the same, delivering the driving idea behind this chapter. You did a great work.

Wasn't it translated from Japanese to Spanish then from Spanish to English anyways? If that's the case then even if both translators were experts there's a far greater chance of errors.

Hell, Yuri is one of the genres where overuse of tropes is more evident, I can count with one hand the mangas where you have relevant male characters on the plot and the sheer amount of girl's schools is kind of silly at this point.

It's probably a matter of convenience when it comes to girls schools. The authors are often women themselves so it's easier for them to write a realistic female character. And on top of that they can just shift their focus to the story itself with some convenient jumping off points for relationships.

I feel like people are misunderstanding Yuzu or perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding her.
The way I see it, Mei made it sound like she was doing it because she was grateful and not because she likes her. I believe that Yuzu wanted to wait until their feelings are mutual before they take a step further into their relationship. And this led to a huge misunderstanding between them two.
Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much. We won't know until the Manga progresses.

This is more or less what I gathered from it too. That and Yuzu seemed unsure of what she should do as well. Which is kinda understandable when in the past Mei always took the lead and on top of that Yuzu was trying to parse everything that was just said as well. Let's face it, she's not exactly the brightest person so she needs some time to parse these sort of developments.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

No, the actual issue is that the link changed when you downloaded it because of how mega works (mostly magic according to inside sources, magic and flash) that it downloads the file into cache before serving you with the link to your cache to act as a ddl link, you accidentally copied that link from the mega page that had already cached the data and was directing your browser to where it was on your system rather than the general link from the scanlators site.
Trust me I'm a wizard.

Oh, it does this even without the addon? I haven't made much use of Mega since removing the addon so I didn't realize. (I removed it in the first place because of the exact issue we were discussing here actually, lol.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hmm, my bad? Fixed, not really sure how that happened. Thanks.

Are you using Mega's official addon? I know that on Firefox at least it basically locally caches everything that it can which results in the url looking like that.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Their Story discussion 04 Dec 16:35
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I like this story, but chapters are pretty short. :/

It might help if you realize they're not actually chapters. A big part of the discussion here has been about the fact the author just releases new pages as they draw them so they're getting translated the same way. Technically there is no chapter 1 or 1.5 or 2. The people uploading it here are just trying to delineate things in a way that works with how Dynasty functions without just uploading every page as it's translated since that would be rather confusing for people like yourself who aren't keeping up to date on those details.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ah, that would explain it. I'm familiar with Chi-Ran but haven't read that one. Thanks for telling me.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This is kinda off-topic but since the site has no pming or anything like that I dunno how else to ask: What's your avatar from, Yuri Girl? The art style is really familiar but I can't place it at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Image Comments 03 Dec 03:49
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
47226344_p12

It's a Homura sandwich. And does Madoka's eye color actually change when she become the Cycles thingy? I'd never noticed.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yeah, that's the one.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

... oh wow... It's great and all that the feeling is mutual... But there's something very twisted about this relationship lol. Seems she's enjoying the 'bullying' a lot...

It reminds me of some other manga whose name I can't remember that I read here where the popular girl and the bullied girl were actually together despite the popular girl's clique bullying her. (Specifically in the story they handcuff her in the bathroom or something like that and the popular girl comes back for her later that night.) Both that and this seem way out there and arguably very abusive even if it is technically mutual.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm a bit iffy on supernatural yuri (tends to feel a little unfocused since it has to deal with both ideas) but this seems an interesting, if odd, premise and it has nice art. Rina is adorable as hell and has a cute outfit too. (I'm a sucker for twintails and that style of outfit and her attitude is adorable.) I'm really curious on what the back story is, though that'll hopefully come up in later chapters.

You don't simply ignore a vampire tag.

Why not? That's what I did. Only reason I decided to give it a try was because the art kept catching my eye on the front page. (See above for reasoning on that.)

Usually I'm using the mobile site which doesn't display the post count... more than 2800 posts, that is... wow.

2800 posts in a year or so actually isn't a whole lot if you're actively participating in discussion. (Edit: Thinking on it, don't take that as "2800 posts isn't a lot", take it more like "posting a lot isn't that noteworthy if you're actively participating in discussion".) I've been on my main forum for almost exactly 4-1/2 years and I hit 22,500 posts just today. (And that was mostly in the last four years since I basically lurked the forum for six months before really posting.)

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 11:05PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yeah, the wording in this one seems a bit strange at times. Past that it's extremely adorable though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I honestly don't know what Procyon Phyis or phycos is otherwise.

Procyon and Phyis are two of the people at the center of Yuri Project.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense than what I said. I've seen them on a bunch of credits pages and since it was always yuri stuff I managed to connect it with Dynasty, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I honestly don't know what Procyon Phyis or phycos is otherwise.

I don't know about phycos but I believe Procyon and Phyis are other users here.

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 8:29PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 30 Nov 12:32
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(D) It was morning and people usually get up in the morning.

Why would someone do something so crazy?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Re-reading this, it's interesting that while the people here seem to pick up on Chiaki being a little trans girl, I wonder if it reads that way to the average Tsubomi reader. Given that I've seen similar stuff with tomboys and masculine pronouns (even the formulation "used to be a boy") it might be read by a lot of Jpanese readers as the story of a tomboy who grows out of that phase but it having trouble being accepted in a new role. At least the ones who don't have personal experience with trans people.

While it could be interpreted that way I think it's fairly clear that Chiaki was born male. It flat out states she was a boy "until last year" on page 3, then on the very next page the middle and bottom right frames don't appear to be ambiguous at all. Then there's the conversation with Kiyoka where she points out that more things will not go Chiaki's way than will. That section wouldn't really make much sense at all if it were referring to anything else. And then to top it off there's the boku/watashi thing right at the end. Though that one from my understanding of the terms is the most ambiguous part of all since apparently tomboys are known to use boku. (Not going to even mention -kun/-chan since that one is even more ambiguous than boku/watashi.)

Unless the translation just happens to be far less ambiguous than the original (not impossible I suppose, the recent discussion around the translation of chapter 29 of Stretch comes to mind though that's the reverse of what I'm saying here) it seems clear enough that even someone who isn't familiar with the subject of transgenderism should be able to connect the dots fairly easily.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'd like to see a lead-up chapter from Miu's point of view as well as maybe another chapter showing how things developed later on. Minase Ruruu's works have the same issue a lot of others have where they either show the beginning of a relationship or the development and problems of a relationship but not both. In cases like this one especially I think it could be a lot better that way.

God yes, the plot was so strange to me. She goes to crying during her confession to all out sucking the other girl's boobs lol??? PWP (Plot? What plot?)!!
Also another part that bothered me was when the Ayabe says, "You are the sole person I don't want getting that (her liking a guy classmate) confused." She purposely tries to get guys to like her so that no one will look at Kiyomi, BUT she doesn't want Kiyomi to get the wrong idea??

Normally I'd agree with you but I think in this case it makes enough sense. If Miu has been not only hiding her true feelings for a long time but also having to put up another act altogether to divert the attention of the guys from Kiyomi she's probably going to easily get carried away considering she's a teenager. And her crying and such probably wasn't (completely at least) an act but her legitimately worrying about Kiyomi's reaction. As for the "You are the sole person I don't want getting that (her liking a guy classmate) confused." bit, you should remember she's a teenage girl and on top of that she was obviously confused about her feelings at first (she even states as much) so she's not exactly going to be the most rational person on what to do.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hahaha, what did I just read and why do I feel like I could read more if they made it longer?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I wonder if the author is heartbroken... I mean, her last works are so depressing...

She is

Can you elaborate on this?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Yuri discussion 27 Nov 09:55
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

You've now reached the point where you start re-reading everything over and over

Expand your collection enough and there'll be so many stories that it'll be hard to actually remember them all. Then rereading them can be almost like reading them again for the first time. (Except for the part where even then rereading can remind you of some details you forgot.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Their Story discussion 27 Nov 09:53
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Every time I read the new comments here I end up rereading the first page. It's a total dick move but I can't refrain from laughing each and every time.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

to anyone: if you disagree with the above statement, then name 5 or more stories (oneshouts/djs/or series) that suck? i would be surprised if anyone can.

I wouldn't say any of them actually suck but both this and Irrational Us are worse than her usual works in my opinion. Worse being just alright rather than great. Also a lot of people are unhappy with the ending of Fragments of Love. (Though I don't find the ending necessarily disappointing personally. I just hope that in the extras they follow up on the developments of the last chapter because the chapter felt like it ended a little too soon to me.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yeah, there are two problems with cookies: they are local, and they expire.
The first problem means your settings won't necessarily carry over between your browsers or devices (or even after a format), unless something other than cookies is added to the mix. The second problem means that the cookie needs to be refreshed every so often... though I guess you can set a cookie to expire in 3000 years.

That's fairly easy to solve. You have your black/whitelist on the server and retrieve it from there if the cookie is expired/non-existant and just have the cookie expire whenever (and maybe have it clear the black/whitelist cookie if you change your black/whitelist settings) and that would solve the cross-device/browser issue.

That's not a issue, those are pairing tag's tagged with Hidamari Sketch. Much like how searching for Marisa will show you pairings with Marisa in them

...searching for Hidamari Sketch will also show you the pairings for that series.

Oh, search results can return lone tags? I didn't know that and hadn't come across it before so it seemed like some weird issue. Maybe it would be a good idea to return tags like that on the first page under a separate heading than the rest of the results or something along those lines to make that a bit clearer since the chapter entries in search results show tags as well.

Edit: Completely unrelated but I just noticed the Marisa x Shanghai tag. How does that one even work? Lol.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 7:32PM