Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Lemonade discussion 20 May 23:21
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just cancel the rest of it and make it about Pika and Naomi.

I wholly second this.

Yessss. After 19 chapters, I still don't feel any sympathy towards Maki or Youko. They're both really bland compared to Pika and Naomi too.

Chikaon
Image Comments 17 May 22:13
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
37544140_big_p6

Ahahaha. The best XD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The bondage couple is really growing on me.

Chikaon
Stretch discussion 15 May 20:48
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haha epic ending. I had a feeling that was going to happen while he was ranting though.

Although I definitely didn't expect all that stuff to have been so recent. I too thought it was back like during her early college years. At least 2 years ago or something.

last edited at May 15, 2014 8:52PM

Chikaon
Image Comments 15 May 04:09
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

guh need more reimu x yukari

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ugh these two...I can't. I love this series so much. I'm also ecstatic that it's still ongoing even though they got together. I am looking forward to seeing their relationship develop more!

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

LOL @ the ending with Cirno

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wtf. Haha everything just came out of nowhere...Me thinks there should be a Wtf am I reading tag, even though it was definitely more tame than a lot of the stuff under the Wtf tag, but it got a lot of wtfs from me XD.

Art was nice though and I'm always up for more MariAli.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

i guess I'm the only one who didn't get it. I mean I get that they put a picture there but what was the joke

There isn't any special joke, but that picture was from a failed attempt at restoring an art piece at a church. You can check out the story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/octogenarians-hilarious-f_n_1821389.html

It's an unfortunate, but hilarious story.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Credits page is the best.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Somehow, I don't really enjoy the pace of this manga.
On one hand, it's slow in that we learn nothing new for 20 chapters.
On other hand, it's fast in that we already have some people eliminated...
Feels somewhat weird. Both too slow and rushed. But not right.

I agree with you. The pacing of this manga is really weird. It was super slow in the beginning then bam bam bam, so many characters that you start to like, are now gone.

To all the people complaining about the quality of the translation, it really isn't all that bad. I appreciate the work the scanlator put into this :)

I honestly think that even with a different scanlator, the pacing and atmosphere of the manga will still be the same. I don't think the faults of the manga have anything to do with the scanlations.

Comparing it with the anime (to ep 3 so far), I feel like the anime does handle the pacing a bit better. I've noticed they added in a few scenes and changed a few scenes to drag out the attempted murder and made it feel more natural. On the other hand, I liked the original manga sequence better. I felt like it was more suspenseful than the anime version.

Chikaon
CLiP discussion 22 Apr 03:10
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I really, really liked this one. After I found out it was drawn by the same mangaka as the one who did Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, a huge light bulb lit up. The dynamic that Luka and Miku had in here really resembled Riko and Haru's relationship. Not a bad thing since I am a sucker for the hyper, mischievous type X tsundere. Luka also looks similar to Haru here too haha.

I like others who have stated, also prefer Miku's personality here over the more common bubbly, innocent one. It's still good, but this is better :3

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Despite the kinkyness and turn off of how Sakurako treats Himawari, I really like this one and always look forward to the updates. I can't totally blame Sakurako's attitude since it's really in character and it's just the nature of their relationship. I can let it slide since Himawari does eventually punish Sakurako so it's not complete mindbreak/rapey like. I just see it as their sort of kink haha. Also that is an awesome older sister. I like how she is presented here. The sisters came across as pretty mean in the series.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Agh such slow, short, teasing chapters D:

Love this series. Looking forward to more! I get depressed by the length of each chapter though :(

Chikaon
Stretch discussion 01 Apr 15:48
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haha nice! I was wondering why ch 19 was up so fast since I thought we were caught up with the Jap releases... But you got me. Great job.

Chikaon
Baby You discussion 27 Mar 01:40
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I liked this one shot. You don't really see a story about the leads not getting together for the simple reason of just not being attracted to each other. I liked how the blonde also took back the whole "Is it because I'm a woman?" excuse too. Great story :)

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

When I saw this thread, I knew I had to read it since I've read so much manga here, it's hard to remember them, so thank you in advance for reminding me to reread some of the series/oneshots mentioned!

Most recently I reread Prism, Octave and Strawberry Shake Sweet. I also reread a lot of the works from Otsu Hiyori, Amano Shuninta, Amagakure Gido and Morishima Akiko. I've been rereading works under the adult life, idol, roommate and college tags haha. Blank and Blank Continued by Yotsuhara Furiko are also some of my favorites and I reread those two a lot too. I'll probably visit all the ones I mentioned again in the near future....

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aw that extra chapter was cute. I hope we can see the day they discover the truth ahahah.

Chikaon
Octave discussion 11 Mar 01:41
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just reread this again for the second time in it's entirety and I love it even more than the first time. I first read it when it was updating, sooo like 4 years ago, and man does it have a different effect on me now. Back then, I really disliked Yukino. I thought she was pathetic and whiny. Stupid for hurting Setsuko like she did many times. I did end up liking her at the end after she started growing up.

This second time though. Man, I can really say that I'm really fond of Yukino now. I like her so much as a character it's ridiculous. I saw so much of myself in her that I'm ashamed. It's pretty hard to admit you are pathetic haha. So many years have passed since I last read it, and I've experienced so many more things, I was able to empathize with her. Being back in college was so easy going. I thought I knew where my life was headed and had no regrets, so I couldn't understand Yukino's life. After graduating, man, there are so many times I felt hopeless and felt like I was going nowhere, but didn't have the courage to pursue my dreams; didn't (still don't) know what I'm doing with my life; making excuses for why I failed miserably on many things...I cheered for her in every chapter now. Plus all the problems with being in a lesbian relationship reflected a lot of my own worries. Gah my heart...There's too many feelings.

Ah this just ended up being a gushing rant, but I can't express my love for this manga enough. It's inspired me again and I'll try to fix up my own life like Yukino started to do for hers.

Chikaon
Saki discussion 08 Mar 22:06
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Gah that canon Bucap. (dies happily)

Chikaon
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 02:20
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

that backstory.....
there goes my yuri.
hate bi.

Yeesh, what's up with all this biphobia. A backstory guy does not destroy all chances of yuri.... Remember this is back in high school. I think they said senpai was 25 now so that makes it like 7 years ago...

Chikaon
Stretch discussion 05 Mar 03:04
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Agh I adore them. Enough subtext to keep me happy. Like everyone, I too am sad he stopped Prism. I just reread it again and it made me sad. He does such a good job at creating real relationships. There's a relaxing feeling I get when I read them. The pacing is so mellow and easy going. I look forward to more of these two.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm loving the universe more and more with each update.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I love Sheska. We would be good pervert buddies.

Chikaon
Collectors discussion 12 Feb 18:39
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ugh these two are too cute. I always look forward to these chapters. They make me crave for more. I like getting to know the background of the characters so it was really nice to see Takako's. Also, I'm not surprised that Shinobou didn't recognize Takako after she changed her hair haha. It's pretty different and hair basically defines how someone looks in anime/manga lol.