Forum › Posts by Bugpope

Bugpope
Image Comments 13 Sep 21:41
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Djoxm3uxkaictr6-orig

Imagine the weird magical babies they would have, growing up with Sucy as a parent.

Bugpope
xxx discussion 13 Sep 21:37
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

When the Academia is rocking, don't come a-knocking.

last edited at Sep 13, 2017 9:37PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Domestic, lovey dovey yuri is the best, there should be more of it.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm concerned by how many students have died in this school (and some of them in a very violent fashion).

Bugpope
Image Comments 27 Aug 05:27
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
64534650_p0

Mai's growth in confidence is great. I also like how Emi takes her family name when they marry, Mai is definitely the top.

Bugpope
Image Comments 23 Aug 14:27
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
C-k6xlwv0aausiu-orig

I need that Sucy Picture shirt.

Bugpope
Image Comments 23 Aug 14:23
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Page2%20(1)

Yeah, this is one of those ships that you don't have to put on the yuri goggles that tightly to see.
The age gap isn't that big of a deal either, you literally always get that with human/elf couples, and it's usually just ignored.

Bugpope
Image Comments 23 Aug 14:18
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Page2

Never seen Dungeon Meshi yuri before, but I definitely expected it with these two. I wouldn't call it an obscure ship, they're both main character that are shown to be really close friends. Like, bathing together and sleeping in the same bed close.

Bugpope
Image Comments 23 Aug 14:13
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Lemmesmash

As someone who had a room next to my parents' while growing up yet still heard everything despite there being a wall between us, I know this won't work.

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 2:14PM

Bugpope
Image Comments 21 Aug 16:35
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Whataboutthebutt

Yeah, there's a serious case of both manface and sameface here.

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bkub is weirdly overrated, and I'm not sure why.

Bugpope
Earth Girls discussion 20 Aug 05:17
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gotta give credit to the seven brothers: for a bunch of literal cavemen, they were very understanding and supportive of their sister coming out of the closet (even if she actually didn't, but it worked out that way later anyway).

This was a fun series. The setting is different and interesting, the polygamy angle isn't just used as a cheap solution to love triangles for once, and the characters have believable motivations.
I do agree that the sex scenes drags it down a bit. They all just feel very much like the same scene over and over, there's that annoying "no means yes" hentai trope that really feels out of place, and the anatomy is all over the place (take a shot every time a bodypart dramatically changes in size, or the perspective gets weird). And for an artist who clearly is into boobs, she's honestly not very good at drawing them.
But I can live with weird boobs if I get a good story, so that's okay.

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 2:10PM

Bugpope
Ayakashiko discussion 20 Aug 04:39
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Fried octopus without octopus? Emi-chan truly is a mad genius.

"I fell from divinity, and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 4:45AM

Bugpope
Image Comments 19 Aug 18:51
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
63284961_p2

Turns out the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

Bugpope
Image Comments 19 Aug 17:21
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Whataboutthebutt

Nobody talks with their parents like this, though.

Bugpope
Image Comments 19 Aug 17:19
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Comfeydecidueyelilli

Now that's what I call effective teamwork.

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Feels weird when a little bug is one of the cutest characters in a comic full of super cute characters.

I think it's the little bow on her antenna that really does it for me, I literally squealed with delight when I first saw it. So glad Koharu is back, and this chapter did an excellent job of showing off the personality of a character that can't really emote, and make me care for her. She's just a young girl with enormous dreams who is learning that what we want isn't always what we need, and that's very relatable and endearing.
I felt an actually chill down my spine when they found her upside down, and the scene where she can't let go of the chair was both adorable and a little heartbreaking. This manga is incredibly good at making characters likable.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 6:42PM

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, it's a pretty refreshing take on it. You rarely see "cozy slice of life" and "reanimating skeletons to do ones bidding" together.

You'd think people would have issues with her ordering around the remains of mice and monkeys in a world where mice and monkeys are people, though. And it also seems that the skeletons still have feelings and thoughts, at least according to Sen.

And on the topic of this being disappointing if you expect an yuri series, that's kind of your own fault, to be honest. I too was kinda looking for subtext at first, solely because it's a manga posted on this site, but Hakumei and Mikochi just seem like good friends, and that's okay. People can just be friends with each other without it being anything romantic. I do like that other characters wonder if they're an item or not, though (like that adorable beetle living upstairs). But I wouldn't call this series lesbian bait, or let that bring down its score.

Laika's feelings for Conju are 100% romantic though, and it's adorable. Not sure if Conju will return them or is even aware of them (she's not the most observant), but one can always hope.

Oh, and the beautician is the best character, I'd let her give me a mohawk if she wanted.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 12:18AM

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how cool everyone are being about reanimating the dead.

Bugpope
Ayakashiko discussion 15 Aug 20:04
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh crap, they just broke the wholesome-meter. We're reaching dangerous levels of heartwarming.

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, after glorious moments like nude cooking shows and romantic dentistry, this felt a bit underwhelming. It's always nice to see more of them, though.

last edited at Aug 15, 2017 6:43AM

Bugpope
Image Comments 15 Aug 06:33
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Dg5d1iyumaaw-p--orig

Because it's badly drawn?

Bugpope
Image Comments 15 Aug 06:30
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Dg5d1iyumaaw-p--orig

Giraffe neck. Tracer's torso makes no sense here, either. Her ribcage is either half as wide as normal, or her neck is located on her shoulder.

last edited at Aug 15, 2017 6:33AM

Bugpope
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how transactions between these two always involve underwear, no matter which dimension they're in.

last edited at Aug 14, 2017 10:57PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Turns out the yuri was in our hearts all along. Or something.