Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
True True discussion 14 Mar 05:36
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm a bit unclear. Is this just a one-shot in the anthology or is there going to be more to this one? Kawaii's download is labelled chapter 1 which seems somewhat unusual if it's just part of an anthology but the story seems to be more or less complete.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 12:37
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

My dad beat me cause his parents beat him. Am I supposed to just say "Oh well, what was he supposed to do? There's nothing he could do, having a hard childhood and everything. Beating his children is all he learned from his parents, after all". That's kinda offensive, actually,

I'd say really offensive honestly. Just because that's what he knows doesn't stop him from being aware of it being a huge issue and not okay. I grew up with an extremely abusive father myself. Becoming abusive myself is one of the last things I would ever allow to happen if I ever had any children of my own. In fact I'm very iffy on the idea of having my own children (despite the fact I would love to have kids) simply on principle because of how shitty a father mine was. I'm not confident that with all the problems I have in addition to my upbringing that I could be a good enough parent for any kids I had.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_dont_know_if_this_is_love#20

How did this warning end up the end of everything instead of the beginning like it was intended? That legitimately made me laugh, stupidly, because it was completely unexpected there, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

And then you realize that there are 104 chapters out already.

Holy crap, there are? Looks like this one is going to take a long time to see a conclusion, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 04:15
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

its your imagination....baby ..yours alone

Mine... And that of many others in the thread. Have you ever considered the idea that if so many people are taking things that way then that may in fact be the way you're coming across to people? I find it stupifying that there's so many people with an attitude like this of "oh, well it couldn't possibly be me that's the problem, it has to be everyone else opposing me instead". How can someone completely lack self awareness to that degree?

Edit: On second thought I'm done with this argument. You've made it very clear that you have exactly zero capacity to consider any opposing arguments so any further posts on this subject from me will only further serve to shit up the thread. I probably should have just given up several posts ago.

last edited at Mar 13, 2015 5:05AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 04:00
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

what are wrong in my arguments?

These two quotes are perfect examples of what's wrong with your arguments:

LOL as long as this is about citrus.......feel free to banned me if the admin think this is not ok....but i dont think so. since i do not attack someone by race......religion or any other kind.

if you gets offend by my thought..than...........um....than........well to bad for you hahaha

What you are arguing is fine, I couldn't really care less if your opinion on the manga differs from mine and if your arguments are valid then I'd consider them. Your condescending attitude however I have a problem with and makes me not even want to read your posts in the first place. You are consistently acting as if you're better than everyone and disregarding just about everything others are saying all while expecting them to instantly take your word as absolute truth.

If you just toned back that attitude then people wouldn't be kicking up such a fuss about your posts.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 03:34
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

whats the point to have a forum? the irony in this is too funny cause it said "discussion" but you two are trying to say that i shuldnt because i am thinking diffrently than you hahahahah

If this is what you're getting from what we're saying then you're not actually comprehending what we're saying. The issue isn't that you have a differing opinion, it's that you have an atrocious attitude about it. You're trying to discuss things and convince others to see your point of view but your condescending attitude, the tone you're taking about it, is self-defeating and only pushes people to disregard any valid points you are making.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 02:55
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Also, just because you feel that you have a right to freedom of speech, to say what you like does not mean you can just run around treating everyone as numbskulls.

Also to elaborate on this, regardless of your personal beliefs (or whatever your nation's laws say) most forums in fact don't support freedom of speech. You're not simply allowed to say whatever you want on a forum, that's why flaming and such are typically bannable or at least warnable.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 02:42
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

So what you're saying is you're simply arguing for the sake of shitting up the thread with an argument? Otherwise you would actually have an interest in trying to convince people of your extremely long-winded arguments.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Mar 00:43
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

what i am trying to say this whole time is...in MEI POV ...people dont get me at all LOL

You're not going to convince anyone you're right with this attitude you're arguing with. It comes across as really condescending.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If you don't mouse over the blacked out lines, it looks like a confidential government document with censored materials when you scroll down lol.

I think most confidential government documents are actually even less blacked out than this in general, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Should also toss in here that the power dynamic of age gap when it's two females is nowhere near the same as an adult male and little girl. Again, I'm not a fan of loli in the first place (I like age gap but with a much higher baseline age) so either way isn't exactly a turn-on, but let's not pretend the two are equivalent.

It's actually a really compelling read if you're not just reading it for the romance portion of it. It's actually a really complex and surprisingly well written story. I really don't like stuff like this normally myself and the fan service was too present (although some of the comedy relating to it was fairly hilarious at times) but I decided to give it a try when I saw how long it was simply because I didn't see why a loli-centric story would be able to go on for that long and I wasn't disappointed. It always feels like it's making some sort of progress and if anything I feel that it might feel a bit better with some extra chapters at the end to flesh out things a little more.

Despite my general distaste for male characters in a lot of mangas Aoki actually ended up being one of my favorite characters in this one. It's really quite interesting to compare him at the start and end of the manga with how much he changes. (For the better too.)

so either way isn't exactly a turn-on, but let's not pretend the two are equivalent.

Definitely not the manga you should read if this is all you're looking for though. While the fan service portion of it might work for those who are actually into loli, the rest of it isn't really like that at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Actually, I'm going by the fact that he never in the story identifies, or even refers to himself as female. And in fact, while he treasures the clothing, still sees it as fashion.

As a trans woman myself, I can assure you I'm thinking about a bit more than physical form here.

I will give you that the older sister may be trans, but again there's no identifcation and she refers to herself quite forthrightly as a guy multiple times. So perhaps a dedicated crossdresser instead, which does happen.

It seems to me that Ren is definitely transgender, just the author really bumbles about with the subject. The older sister is clearly transgender and Ren prefers to be treated like a girl as well. Any resistance on Ren's side seems to come more from being actively discouraged by the older sister than anything. Which from what I've seen isn't entirely uncommon for transgender people either. I personally was easily discouraged simply from having a father who was so insecure himself that playing dolls with my sister was enough for him to call me a fag and punish me. (We'd go back and forth between cars and dolls, her playing cars was fine but me playing dolls was unacceptable.)

Always funny to see yuri fanboys flipping their shit at the vaguest hint of yaoi. Because that's the disgusting kind of gay you go to hell for, apparently. I wonder how many fujoshi threw such a visceral tantrum when lesbians started appearing in Prunus Girl.

I dunno what's so difficult about just ignoring tags for subjects you have no interest in reading. I have next to no interest in yaoi just because of how 99% of them are written (though ones such as Prunus Girl are great, I actually just reread that one last night) so I simply generally avoid the tag.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The chapter order for this seems to be messed up. Oddly the front page now has the order right (it didn't when I started reading) but when you actually go to read it, it goes ch03, ch01, ch02, ch04, ch05, extra.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That was a hilarious ending. Would've liked some sort of elaboration on where the doll came from, especially since Alice clearly recognized it from somewhere. If I were to guess then I'd have to take a guess that it was a doll Alice made when she was less experienced which ended up being creepy but that's just pure conjecture.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Boku x Kano discussion 11 Mar 04:36
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

can see why this unpopular here.

Agreed. It's still pretty cute in the end though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Such a cute and simple story, enjoyable read. Was that the ending though? No afterword or cute little komas at the end.

If you pay attention to the order everything is in, the first part of the story (the 4koma styled stuff) actually happens last chronologically.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Maple Love discussion 08 Mar 20:20
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I re-read it about once a month, haha. It's basically a classic.

Same here. It's too adorable to not reread often.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 08 Mar 20:18
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

He'll be back for next chapter. They always do.

Maybe I'm just being a bit too optimistic but I'd rather give the manga a chance and stick it out to the end before passing judgment on it, even if the chapter to chapter developments can frustrate me at times.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The group releases "roughs" in their Google Drive; these are the equivalent of a QC version on YP - they are then cleaned up and released at "best" quality separately. From my understanding, chapter 6 is well on its way, and we'll upload that, and future chapters, as soon as they're done.

Oh alright, so it's really just people being really impatient and having easy access to the pre-QCed versions is all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well, at this point I'm not what you'd call precise about it so I'd say that's a good policy. Thing is, that far down the line pretty much anything about the story is a spoiler. Especially since I'm certain there are a lot of people not going over to /u/ or wherever to read ahead.

This is exactly why I've taken to completely skipping over any post in the Fluttering Feelings thread that has a spoiler. Maybe I've missed it though but why is Dynasty actually so far behind what's translated elsewhere?

last edited at Mar 7, 2015 7:23PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Japan's National Women Chess Boxing team. It would be called Check-Mates.

This should be an actual thing. It'd be quite entertaining.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well if she didn't want to get socked in the face she probably shouldn't have let Kanna a condition for the game. It wasn't exactly too surprising coming from Kanna and was quite hilarious, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 01 Mar 20:34
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

One of the thing that does confuse me in this manga is the absolute lack of communication.

Unfortunately a lack of communication is far too common irl too.

I've seen someone saying that Citrus was like Girlfriends but in my opinion it's not true. In Girlfriends we never had cheap convenient characters brought in like that only for the sake of the drama. Yes there was the boyfriend that came all of a sudden but his reasons were understandable and probable, he wasn't a total stranger that came like : Oh you in the middle of the crowd, I don't know you, you are expressionless ans you do not talk to me at all but I love you =D. And there was some development and communication between the characters they weren't at a total standstill

It was also made immediately clear what Mari was thinking when she did that as well.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 01 Mar 16:32
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Urg....I really liked this one most of the way through, but this latest chapter..I'm gonna have to drop it. I just can't enjoy it anymore.

Maybe try again after it has been concluded? Depending on how it ends then maybe it'll be more tolerable for you then.