Forum › Posts by Lifecharacter

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well that kind of clears up Mizuho's terrible performance as a girlfriend up to this point. She's cripplingly self-conscious and insecure (probably not helped by living in that beacon of tolerance and equality, Japan) about homosexuality and her relationship, worsened by her former boyfriend's affair and her homophobic rant to said affair. Maybe she thinks that she's being two timed again and is in the position she was ranting against before?

So I'm going to guess the plot will be about Kana getting her sister to stop wallowing in insecurity for ten minutes to actually be a proper girlfriend.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 8:08PM

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I don't get it. What's p.18 trying to say? What's going on?

Watanahara is kissing Natsuno while Chihaya, unbeknownst to them, watches. The next page shows that Chihaya has a fetish for that kind of thing.

I fucking hated that. I don't read yuri for this fucking NTR bullshit. Got enough of that in real life, I REALLY don't need it in my manga, ESPECIALLY my yuri manga.

NTR kinda loses its sting when it's done at the behest of the protagonist because she happens to have a masochistic fetish for it.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Will anyone care to explain? I think chihaya want revenge. Right?

She wants a threesome OR to observe*

I'm going to say that she likes to watch, since she got really excited seeing the kiss and got excited when Natsuno talked about being with other people. It'd probably transition into a threesome though.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 29 Dec 15:02
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Nt_cn

I was expecting Luka to bust out a Santa outfit, but when you realize the pun potential of something, it's hard to resist it.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Wow, Kanna's got an interesting vocabulary for a 4th grader.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Dammit, why must the best pairing always be so depressing?!

Lifecharacter
Lemonade discussion 26 Dec 00:01
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Reading chapter three, it felt like Youko's obsession over how much of a jerk Keito is was just masking her attraction to him. But I guess that's not the case.

Sometimes people tease others because they're jerks, not because they're secretly crushing on them and sometimes people really dislike a person without being a tsundere for them. Regardless, I'd say she hates Keita more because he seems like a living representation of her inferiority complex rather than any of his actual traits, though his being a jerk kind of caused that.

This would be awesome to see. Do you have other examples of that in yuri manga? Tears of Thorn is sort of similar.

Wow, I'm completely drawing a blank now. The only one I can think of is http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_wont_say_i_love_you_anymore#1 this because they always seems to wind up as one shots that get drowned out in all the other one shots. I do need to check out Tears of Thorn now though, so thanks for that.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

what type of friend sneaks into your bedroom, slips into your bed and sleeps next to you

The best kind... or the creepiest kind depending on who it is.

Those two are lol. But whats with dumbell in the room anyway :3

My mind immediately tried to think of some sort of sexplay or fetish that could involve dumbbells (only thing I came up with was using them as restraints?), but they're most likely for exercising since she's supposed to be the overly athletic one.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 22 Dec 19:05
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Luka doesn't take rejection well...

Lifecharacter
Lemonade discussion 22 Dec 01:40
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well yeah, that's kind of the point. He has to make a bad first impression. First it will be "why is she hanging around that jerk" and then it'll shift too "he isn't so bad after all, but I still want her for myself." Same goes for the reader and who they're rooting for. Not unusual in a love triangle.

Oh, of course. Next chapter or so Maki will be taught how to hold and swing a racket by him (in the most cliched and overused way possible, natch), and then start telling Youko about how the guy who won't stop constantly mocking her isn't a bad guy, all while blushing and being really obvious. He'll still be a douche and she'll still have a bad taste in men, but the author will really try to convince us otherwise.

Or maybe, if we're lucky, Maki'll just be portrayed as someone who's blindly crushing on an insensitive jerk who treats her best friend badly. What would be nice for a change is that Youko just fails to win Maki over and just moves on to be in a relationship with some other girl. We don't seem to get enough stories like that and I really like them.

last edited at Dec 22, 2013 1:48AM

Lifecharacter
Fireflies discussion 21 Dec 14:59
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Please tell me she's not dreaming at the end. Mokou and Keine have enough sad stories about them already...

Lifecharacter
Mare discussion 21 Dec 02:54
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Oh come on it can't be that... (reads it) Nope. No. No no no no no. Just fuck no.

What the fuck happened to Morinaga Milk to make them write something like this?

Lifecharacter
Lemonade discussion 20 Dec 12:39
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Where is the yuri, Eggman? You said there'd be yuri...

From the summary it seems like it's going to come about in the standard one-sided affection from Youko to Maki while Maki expresses interest in the douche who's yet to do anything that would make him likeable. Yay for jealousy...

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

The notes say that this chapter has the least yuri, but it has the most blatant of Akina's fantasies so far...

Not only is it the most blatant, she responds differently to this one than the others. Most (all?) of her previous fantasies were abruptly ended by her resistant denial, but she ends this one by getting really really motivated.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

(Both of the one-shots http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/laika_pavlov_pochihachikou have a similar endings)

I guess from now on I'll just avoid these or wait for comments to kick in. If I am not gonna be satisfied, why waste my time.

To be fair to the other one shot, it at least got past the avoidance part of the story and had them make up and leave off on a pretty standard ending with much less ambiguity than this.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Hah! Alice zealously defending her interests in shoujo... you know your audience too well Oinari.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Wow Matsuri's pretty cruel...

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 16 Dec 22:58
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
39765858[1]

Poor Umi... and Eri...

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

What is this? Nano x Fate day?

NanoFate's wedding day, apparently.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

A (assumed) love letter in the second panel? Two girls trying to get closer to each other? Quirkiness?

Bring forth the subtext!

last edited at Dec 13, 2013 12:37PM

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

liked the doujin, but how much subtext is in the anime? Using Saki as a baseline is it more or less yuri. That's my big problem with doujin is that i tend to find out about anime through them and then get disappointed with the lack of yuri in the anime.

I'm going to be honest that when I watched Love Live and then saw all the NicoMaki I was incredibly surprised since I didn't really see any real stand out moments from the two of them. I'm either too dense to notice their subtext or there wasn't anything substantial to compete with pairings like Rin and Kayo, Eri and Nozomi, and Honoka and Kotori.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So is there some kind of subtext critical mass that can be reached that can just get this labeled as yuri, because I'm wondering how many more homoerotic fantasies Akina needs to have before we reach that point.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I dunno, Topaze seems a little disconnected. And the dark haired one in that one doesn't have bangs like Yui here. (plus they seem to be in a regular committed relationship)

Yeah no way Topaze is, but after going through them again I agree on the other two.

Topaze might be connected through Maiko, the blonde one, who might be the same person as the blonde one in .925, though it's hard to tell for sure and it could very well be just some random one-shot.

Lifecharacter
After Life discussion 01 Dec 23:21
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Dowman Sayman. Awesome!
"After Life." This is Dowman Sayman so ghost sex? Love in the underworld?
Tragedy... Fuck.

And then page 7 stabbed me with the feels.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I'm almost sure that http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/925 , http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/topaze , http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/infinite_20_minutes , and this one are all connected in some way. It's kinda cute though. A bit confusing, but still, cute.

Doesn't the whole "Are they the same?" discussion happen everytime another one of this artist's works gets posted? And isn't it always determined that, yes, these are the same characters that showed up in previous works?