Forum › Posts by protectmomo

joined Apr 14, 2022

I too want to get bullied by a hopeless lesbian who is completely incapable of conveying her feelings properly

joined Apr 14, 2022

You'll have as many translations as there are translators.

You're agreeing with them, though? This just reinforces the point that there's plenty to discuss. Seems weirdly draconian to declare that nobody is allowed to talk about the nuances of the language. Especially given that nuances are actually often very relevant to the story and characterisation. If anything that comes across as trying to enforce your interpretation, which you've established yourself as being only one of many, as the "correct" interpretation, when no such thing exists. Obviously people shouldn't go around flinging unconstructive criticism at translators, but they absolutely should be able to talk about the translation.

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 6:32PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

The way MC adapted to the lesbian bar so as not to offend them was cute tho; what a polite girl.

It's hilarious to me that the entire premise of this yuri story is that the main character is a homophobe, but in actuality she's the least problematic character, by a lot. Bless Marika's heart

last edited at Jul 18, 2022 2:44PM

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022
5hekzay2rq191

Oh baby, work me like you work your Pringles

joined Apr 14, 2022

That's cool. You're allowed to enjoy it, and other people are allowed to not enjoy it and stop reading if the subject matter makes them unhappy. I think it's a good idea to provide content warnings so people can find the kind of content they're looking for and avoid the stuff they aren't.

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 12:41AM

joined Apr 14, 2022

Regarding consent, it gets a lot worse before it gets better. What had been depicted so far in the manga actually hadn't bothered me, but what comes later this volume is pretty egregious, and I think it's unfair to tell people to stick with it because it gets better without warning about this.

There's a scene where she very explicitly refuses Aya. Not the usual ambiguous culture, "dame means yes", but straight up: "今日はえっちしないから" ("I don't want to have sex today"), followed by Aya forcing herself on her despite repeated denials.

Also, this became massively problematic in an entirely other way, so... might as well warn about that too.

Aya's boss, the owner of the lesbian bar, is a predator who has sex with both Aya and a middle schooler. This is portrayed completely uncritically. The actual sex isn't depicted, mind you, but even though I have a pretty high tolerance for lolicon in yuri romance this made me really squeamish. I think because there's no romance, just casual sex with minors, and also perhaps because the setting of a lesbian bar is more grounded in reality than most lolicon yuri and that makes it all the more believable and therefore yucky.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Also, I really want to know if Aya is still just edging her, or if she actually let her finish.

In the light novel, it was clearer. In this chapter, she came multiple times. No more teasing, just plain ole sex with no acknowledgment for the progression.

last edited at Jul 13, 2022 4:07PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

Villainess light novels and going off the deep end with the plot, name a more iconic duo

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022

I've gotta say, pretending to be asleep so your girlfriend will strip you herself is some high-quality lewd play

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022

boru is literally the best yuri doujin author on the planet don't @ me

joined Apr 14, 2022

Not sure if anyone else was following this, but wanted to update that last week the union-busters were defeated and the union was successfully recognised. Money well spent, wasn't it? I'm still in disbelief that the owner of such a small company was determined to stiff their workers that badly, but I'm glad for the union.

last edited at Jun 28, 2022 10:53PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

tfw "the childhood friend always loses" is a documented statistic

protectmomo
School Days discussion 23 Jun 05:34
joined Apr 14, 2022

(unless the above is the kind of person who wouldn't watch Madoka because it's just yuri bait)

(Madoka Magica movie ending spoilers contained below, late bloomers like myself be forewarned)

I did actually just give in and watch Madoka this week after a particularly interesting manga was posted here recently, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little disappointed by the TV anime, which really did feel like yuri baiting early on with Sayaka talking about wifing Madoka only to have a het interest define most of her character, but the movie plenty made up for it. I have to admit that "reshaping the entire universe while declaring your love" is pretty unambiguously yuri, and Kyouko / Sayaka had some incredibly gay handholding action too. Like, that was some high-sexual-tension handholding, no doubt about it. I guess I'll have to give Revue Starlight a shot too if it's comparable.

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 5:45AM

protectmomo
School Days discussion 22 Jun 22:47
joined Apr 14, 2022

There's always a message that tells "You like that ship? Watch the anime" and at this point I don't know why I am refusing to do it. I am addicted to this ship lol

Personally, my reason is that I just get frustrated watching series that are clearly yuri baiting but won't commit. Better to just read the fan works in that case.

joined Apr 14, 2022

ahhh yes.. depression

The clinical term is homupression.

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022

I like the little hints this has to the tragic stuff in the original, like mami and kyouko getting a traffic safety and household harmony charm

Wow, I didn't catch that, that's darkly clever. Personally I freaking lost it when Mami instantly went into murder-suicide mode over the last slice of cake.

joined Apr 14, 2022

The irony is that the Dunning-Kruger isn't even a proper thing nor was it actually made by either Dunning nor Kruger.

Not sure where you're getting that from. The cognitive bias that ignorant people don't know they're ignorant because they're ignorant and don't know what they don't know, is absolutely a "thing", and the bias is named such because Dunning and Kruger co-published a scientific study about it in a peer-reviewed journal. The only thing that isn't "a thing", I guess, is the chart, which isn't and doesn't claim to be rooted in the science but is just a demonstration to communicate the concept to laymen, which I think should be pretty apparent from labels like "Mount Stupid".

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 9:28PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

Yeah, dunno. I was here for a bit of angst but it didn't actually go anywhere at all so what was the point? Might as well have kept things fluffy if it was just going to revert to status quo 2 chapters later anyways.

joined Apr 14, 2022

My two cents: It's not okay to bash other people just because you phrase it politely. You literally didn't even understand the story, going by your first comment, and yet you repeatedly attacked the author and, um, exhibitionists, I guess, even though this story had absolutely nothing to do with exhibitionism (Kaguya didn't know they were being watched until the end). It doesn't matter whether you used profanity, you're just using this thread to soapbox and judge people, for something that isn't even related to the story. And even if it did contain the fetish in question, there is nothing productive about making 10 comments saying how much you hate it. Make a comment saying it's not your cup of tea if you must, but other people are allowed to enjoy and discuss it, which is hard when you derail the thread by saying how the author is wrong and bad over and over and over again.

On a more positive note, this was a wonderful manga. Really unique concept and interesting take on the characters.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 8:34PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

キモイ

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022

gay credit page

joined Apr 14, 2022

Pushed her down
Asked if they can do it
She says no
Immediately stops and apologises

Yes, it is literally a tale as old as time. People in relationships get physical with each other when they crave intimacy. That's normal. You don't need a written contract before touching your girlfriend's shoulder. She came on strong, to be sure, but literally the first time she was told "no" she stopped. Rape is a serious crime, and I wish we'd stop trivializing it by saying touching any part of your partner's body without asking first makes you a rapist. If only it were so easy to stop real rapists by telling them "no".

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 2:24PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

Well I cant say it isnt realistic but I seriously wasnt expecting rape. Like what the hell?

It's not rape. Takagai firmly says no, and Shiina comes to her senses and apologizes, but things are awkward between them for the next chapter and a half.

If you're curious as to what happens and can't wait for the scanlators to upload Chapter 5, check out Renta. The chapter preview for Chapter 5 shows the resolution to this cliffhanger, but not to Takagai and Shiina's relationship problems.

Oh it is just attempted rape. Much better.

It is not even attempted rape. Being pushy but ultimately stopping when someone says no is, like, the opposite of rape. Can we stop misusing the word? We don't need to go around branding people who stop when told to stop as rapists.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Hell, my biggest gripe with the story is that Kanako's character bio states that she "likes rape"... No she doesn't. She likes rape fantasies. And yes, that's me being petty.

The real crime is that the "messed up sexual tastes" are "yuri" and "rape", as if yuri was a degeneracy and not both perfectly normal & the way things should be. Unacceptable

protectmomo
joined Apr 14, 2022

oh my god this is gay