Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Finale? Aww, missed opportunity, because teasing in an actual relationship would be super cute.
Though Hina seems to now be unable to tease, she is in the thrall of horny.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I laughed my ass off this whole chapter at the escalating misunderstanding, but I didn't guess that it would actually end with a resolution.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Um ... there was a way to write this chapter that didn't read as rape, but this was definitely not it.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

For anyone who enjoyed this or Julia in the Box!, there's still time to vote for them in the Yuri Hime reader survey to encourage YH to give them more oneshots or a series!

https://questant.jp/q/21LS96G5

Much appreciated. I voted.
Although I felt guilty being like, oh, these other things I haven't read though ;)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Um, hang on a moment. Evie's currently rescuing Elsa from imminent death from exposure. Which, the previous version wouldn't have done, would she? Would she have even been on the scene? So, why was Elsa alive in the original timeline?

I'm more curious as to who saved her before our heroine was reincarnated.
I suppose the prince?

last edited at May 29, 2023 5:53AM

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

I'd also like to add that it's rather clear reading this, that Omichi was not attracted to Rin because she's a child, but quite the opposite, because Rin is possibly the most mature character in this entire manga.

Look, I've got no skin in the moral outrage game on either side, but I have to disagree with you on the point of Rin's maturity.
Sorry, what kind of falling in love with a random older girl who helped you once, only taking no for an answer in word, but still wanting to find out who they liked so you could "beat" them, and only giving up once you saw that other person was similar to you, makes you think Rin is "the most mature character in this entire manga".

People keep saying she's mature, but to me, that looks like a childish crush.

Edit:
Maybe that's what this is, not that Rin is mature, but that Omichi is so immature she's on the same level. They both had the same kind of "have an admiration moment for this person you just met and think it's feelings of love and you have to date them."

last edited at May 3, 2023 4:36AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The true joy of this manga is the facial expressions. They're just so perfect.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Even though nothing technically happened, this was really great. I'd be content if that was all, although the hope of more is very enticing.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Their misunderstandings are the most devastating comedy misunderstandings I've ever seen.
And the fact they just kind of refuse to straighten them out, even though they know there are misunderstandings, lol.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I know this isn't the first and not the last story to do it, but does this happen? Do people just get up to other people and grab them? And if so how often does that happen? I know I know, it was done to save time and jump right into the issue of this guy being a nuisance. But at that point just cut to Maki going back with drinks and show Julia in the distance looking distressed with a guy or two around her. I think social anxiety is common enough nowadays that it would be even more relatable to the viewers, really.

I had a moment of being unable to suspend my disbelief at it more in this story than usual because of where they were in this particular story too. A place where money is being won, and people start getting aggressive and grabbing random women? Security would have them out instantly.

And this is a great oneshot as a professional debut. Hope to see more of their work in the future.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There's been a few comments about how people don't like this story because it's a bit of a mess. Just want to put it out there, I do like this story, and am interested to see how the "mess" all comes together.

Hoping for continuing updates...?

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

These two are kiss demons.
I now look forward to every chapter being a complex scenario that ends up in them kissing more.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, I can't say nothing happened, but for real, that seems like a waste of an aphrodisiac chapter, lol. I was expecting at least a little bit of romantic progress, not just the very limited horny scenes we got.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

^
I didn’t really say that. I’m just saying that becoming a professional musician is something that’d feel forced for the character. I wouldn’t really call something like a sound engineer a musician... Therefore working in the music industry is another thing. I agreed with @Astraea Hill ‘s comment for that exact reason.

My point with emphasising the store is that this is the closest thing we have of a possible career path for her: working at a CD/Record Store, eventually taking it over and being the owner/manger. It’s still dealing with the music business.

Sound engineer is also not the only kind of background musical career you can have.
Y'know those people who play in backup bands? Record background tracks for musicians? Playing music is not all about putting yourself out there and trying to be a big star.

I'm not saying that's what she should do with her life. We've only seen a little bit of her playing. It's just that you don't have to want to be the centre of attention to be in the musical world.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 10:08AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I do wonder what Mitsuki plans on doing. Being a musician is such a meh way of answering it tbh. Just because you are passionate about music doesn’t mean you will drop everything to pursue such a career, specially given how she DOES NOT want to stand out — if that weren’t the case, she’d be playing in other occasions other than the afterparty. I think it would be nice if she decided to do something related to business administration (or whatever else you can study to be a manager), given her work at her Uncle’s store. The idea of Mitsuki taking over and being the rocker-looking store manager like her Uncle while in her 40s is really cool.

I would not even be that surprised if she did drop everything to pursue a career in music, but she definitely wouldn't write it in her career path form.

The story has been focusing on the high school life and the potential yuri, so for it to shift like that (turn into one of the MCs wanting to be a musician despite wanting to be a wallflower who has no friends among her peers) would be kinda weird.
That’s why I am thinking of something related to the store. Even if it turns out to be not getting any form of education to continue the “family business” but keep working there after graduating and that’s that.

It's weird that you think the only career she can get into in music is to be some kind of rockstar. Plenty of musicians do background stuff, you know.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 3:54AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

No wonder Kimura is confused about her feelings, she has her friends pushing her into the arms of the boy, and therefore thinks that's what she should want.

Ehhhhhhh
Saki discussion 09 Apr 22:47
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I haven't read this in forever and thought I'd see where it was up to.
Holy heck, I didn't remember there being so much ridiculous boob and panties.
Went back to chapter 1 and was like, nope, it really didn't. Guess the mangaka decided only one "plot" was worth it any more?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Lol. This manga has now turned into flirting that looks like bullying, and I'm here for it.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This serious has, like, the perfect amount of confusion.
?
??
???

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Poor Akira.
I'd let her grope my boobs, she does seem to appreciate them so much.
Mine feel pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Maid seemed to have green eyes when she said "I'll let no harm", blue eyes after that.

Omg, I didn't even notice until you said that.

Definitely something up with that maid.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I feel that what happened to the mother may have something to do in the end with the villainess system. Though it may just be me focusing on my own theory too hard... but I've felt for a while that the "system" isn't actually any sort of remnant from a game or anything like that, but is rather something like the mare that possessed Elsa in the first chapter: a hostile spirit that is preying in Evie's fears, presenting itself to her in a form she expects.

That makes sense. In hindsight, it does seem a little weird that a system ostensibly designed to make the story follow its usual course would order its charge to either watch the main character presumedly die, or to actually play an active role in their death, like the system was in the first chapter. Your theory would help explain that bit of weirdness.

Heck, based on that theory, maybe when Evie got possessed by that succubus love potion a few chapters back, it wasn’t actually a true possession? Maybe the potion caused whatever was already inside of Evie to physically manifest, possibly in an (ultimately failed) attempt to have it removed completely? It would explain why older Elsa was willing to let her younger self use that on Evie.

The theory answers that first plothole, but leaves others open. Who caused Evie's family to be suddenly exiled if not the villainness system exactly as portrayed to us?

I was going to say that the first scene with the mare was just a plot hole from the beginning of the story. It's at least half a plot hole, because I feel like the mare possessing Elsa was a consequence of Yvonne not making pacts with demons like has been hinted happened in the original storyline. It seems from this chapter that her mother may have also had a similar thing happen to her.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It's good to see exposition time is over. This was a great and exciting chapter. I was wondering about the changes to the timeline if Yvonne is considered a genius with the sword and went through all that training as a child, but maybe it'll be a bit less dramatic if her dad is holding her back.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There's something trippy about seeing an adorable chocolate-exchange kiss and looking up to see the tag of "Blackmail". Lol.
How far it came from that initial premise.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Now you got me a bit curious about the Bilibili translation because I found some very subpar translation of this manhua posted on... Youtube of all places (which is further ahead than Mangadex was, and I'm apparently very impatient when it comes to this story) and I assumed it was just someone's amateurish effort, but last two comments are starting to make me wonder if I wasn't reading official translation after all :P

Unlikely the official translation, since that is behind these, not further.

Bilibili's android reader was atrocious, but I tolerated up until they removed the ability to wait out paywalls.

After that was shown to be very unpopular, they let us wait again. Just in case there was still anything you were interested there (Straight Girl Trap is my favourite).