Forum › Posts by Madeleinedupris

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

in Japan and Korea, depending on the province, they can be even less tolerant of homosexuals and transgenders culturally bc of religious beliefs being prevalent

While I can't say that Japanese society wasn't heteronormative before, "homosexual acts" were only criminalized during Westernization, which had long lasting effects. Japanese religions are no more homophobic than e.g. the Christian churches. In general, very often throughout history the enforcement of heterosexuality was a means for the State to exercise control over the population (not unlike religion), so only blaming religion leaves the real culprits out of the picture.

I only brought this up, because there's a tendency in Western discussions to view Japanese society as whole as "backwards", which on one hand erases the local social justice movements of Japan, and also may trick us into thinking as if "The West" is oh so accepting and tolerant, or as if it's always been accepting and tolerant.

I think they are talking about Christianity and Catholicism. I am of South Korean descent and there’s definitely a HUGE Christian population over there. Literally every block or two, there is a church or place of worship/religious volunteering services. All of my family members are either Christian or Catholic.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 11:32AM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

^^
^
I definitely agree, but I feel in the minority when it comes to Maki. Most people seem to like him but I see him as a creep and as a clear plot device whose entire character is "I am asexual and I like watching others' romances". He is definitely not a bad person, he is a nice guy but yeah. Having an asexual character here would have been much better if his character wasn't reduced to just that, since I believe showing different sexual orientations in this manga is nice and fresh when compared to other yuri manga.

I don’t think he is a creep, he just notices little things sometimes when he does happen to see what is going on, or if someone asks him about it. We as people have to admit that we all get nosy sometimes.

He’s not nosy either... what’s wrong with analyzing people? If people finding watching and eavesdropping creepy or nosy, then may as well gouge out our eyes and tear off our ears. It’s pretty hypocritical that people pretend as if they’re not guilty of this.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 12:03AM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Original Mental Illness Girls Love Anthology

O_o

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder if the whole anthology is devoted to unhealthy relationships, with a title like that. Given that the other translated one-shot from it involves self-mutilation...

I think so. Love that’s just different from the norm. I wouldn’t say it’s unhealthy though. If it’s consensual then it’s healthy to them.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Now this is real BDSM. Idk why but I’m a masochist too (I like to be scolded and verbally abused sometimes) so I find it kinda hot ;-)

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I think it’s a good idea to publish it on LINE webtoon or any other platform if wanted. Before you do so, make sure you officially copyright your characters and story in a batch so that if someone steals your idea and characters, you can successfully sue.

I think you can ask admin here:
admin@dynasty-scans.com

I am not sure if they would allow you to post personal manga though. All I see here are officially published ones or well known ones.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 5:03PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Wow this thread is still going? It’s been a while since the series ended.

Also I don’t get why people are fighting about who’s good and who’s in the wrong. To me, this was a work made to show that people are in the “gray” area.

Meaning, everyone makes mistakes, has positive and negative qualities, and they cannot really be defined as black or white.

In other words, this is a healing drama where people learn to forgive and forget or whatever.

Madeleinedupris
1 x ½ discussion 08 Apr 16:54
joined Apr 8, 2019

Just as a forewarning to others, I think another tag should be made. Maybe label is “incest” or “momcest.” Because clearly people are complaining about this nonstop.

It is already labeled incest.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol a masochist xD I bet she stole on purpose to be scolded.

Also is it me, or am I the only one getting “Your Cuteness” vibes from this? Otsu Hiyori made a one shot that was a bit similar to this, and I feel this person was inspired by it somehow.