Forum › Posts by skulll

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/books/2278488051/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_books_1_3_last

Yagakimi volume 5 ranking on the top 10 of general manga. Yesterday it was #3. It's very successful in Japan, I'm very happy.

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 2:25PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Well, not so sure how much sense it makes now after it got licensed...
Seira (a couple posts above) also only wanted to translate it if the previous group dropped it for sure (I totally understand why), so the whole situation is pretty unlucky because everything is so unclear.

The comments on the post about being licensed are pretty bad, it seems the translations are awful and discontinued/dropped, etc.
I don't mean to be rude at all, but the previous group is too slow, I don't blame them, I'm sure they are busy with real life or have other things to do, but if there's someone else (you guys) being able to bring more translated chapters of this manga a bit faster, I don't think there's nothing wrong with that nor I see why the previous group should refuse to let you.
Anyways, it all depends on you guys, maybe you could upload somewhere else to avoid trouble (?) , you are free to do what you want, I'm just giving some suggestions :)
I do hope we'll be able to read more chapters of this great manga, there are 49 chapters so far and I can't wait to see them!

skulll
Citrus discussion 20 Jan 15:29
joined Nov 5, 2017

I see, the forced drama came back.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I saw that there are currently 49 ch , I really hope someone keeps translating this series.

Could you post the link where you saw all the chapters ?

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

This manga is not receiving as much as reception as it deserves, it is so amazing.

I don't know how it could get more, I've read (cba to check it up) that it's the most popular yuri work at the moment and everybody praises it left and right.

In Japan (and maybe China) definitely. But in the West -overrated- Citrus is this by far. The anime just increased its popularity a lot too.
A yagakimi anime would be nice, but I'm not sure if this type of manga would do well in anime format, I feel it wouldn't fit much, especially due to the pacing and the fact it's not over yet.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 7:21PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I'm intrigued and I'll definitely keep reading this, but I don't really get all the hype over this manga. When I read the first chapter I thought it was amazing and hoped for more, but the rest just felt meh tier for me. And all the discussion is about whether the husband cheated on Kaoru or not, as if the manga were a het story about them. Nothing wrong with that, it's just... A bit off considering this is a yuri story with Uta as the main character. Regarding Uta and Kaoru, well, not a lot of progress so far, they have their moments but they have always been close. I don't see them ending up together and I don't really mind if they do or not, but if they're endgame then I hope it will happen in a realistic way, not some cheap asspull. I'm not particularly interested in Kuro and her gf, but the gf is cute so I hope to see more of her (and why not, maybe a Uta x Miyabi end).

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Its true that Touko sincerely loves Yuu, there are lots of moments showing that. But her feelings are contradictory. Remember a time when she wanted Yuu stay the same ace she is, and not to fall in love with her? That part always confuses me. Why would she want that? Its not like she is a self-loather. She just wants to be like her sis. And she is really confident when it comes to Yuu and her relationship, like initiating kiss and stuff, even though she knows Yuu doesn't have feelings for her. And previously she told Yuu that she's gonna make her fall in love with her. Seriously, WHY? So confusing.

Geez read the whole story before coming to these conclusions

Wants Yuu to stay as she is

True, and Touko still wants that. It has been explained within the story why she wants.

It's not like she is a self-loather

But she is, she even said it explicitly.

She's really confident when it comes to her relationship with Yuu

She's not confident at all. Touko is very insecure, constantly asking Yuu for permission to do stuff and being afraid Yuu may end up hating her. That's why Yuu was trying to make Touko trust her in chapter 22.

She just wants to be like her sis

Out of self-hating due to feeling she lacks any identity of her own

Despite Yuu not having feelings for her

What chapter are you in? By this point and for a while now Yuu has had feelings for her.

She told Yuu she will make her fall for her

That's a mistranslation. Read the first 5 chapters again, new translations have been uploaded.

last edited at Dec 29, 2017 8:17AM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I think it would end with their relationship staying the same, but with both knowing exactly what they feel for each other, thats what i meant for "ambiguous." Not a huge confession scene where Yuu bares it all for Touko to hear, but a little hint that Touko knows Yuu's feelings but doesn't really want her to say it.

If their relationship remains the same Yuu will be unhappy. She's clearly upset over the status quo. And why wouldn't she confess if Touko ends up changing? Yuu has repressed her feelings for a long time, I want her to confess. I don't want best girl sad at the end of the manga.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Pure sweetness overload. If only everyone could have a Yuu in their life.

Too bad she isn't real :(

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I finally caught up to this and i got to say, it feels like we're near the finish line of this story. I don't really see a tragic ending like so many people in here were saying, but i don't really see and actual "happy" ending either since that doesn't fit the story at all. I think Nakatani would leave it as ambiguous as possible because i don't really see a definitive end to this story.

I disagree. Just because this is a kind of serious manga with very few comedy moments or fluffiness or whatever doesn't mean a happy ending doesn't fit the story. If anything the foreshadowing does hint a happy ending, and an ambiguous one would make the whole plot rather pointless imo. And the way I see it nothing suggests a definitive end is impossible. We'll just have to wait and see, after all Nakatani is not really the type of writer who follows cliches and that stuff.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 3:11AM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I can't believe some people thought it could be a misunderstanding kek. It's clear he doesn't love Kaoru as a wife but seems regretful because she's injured because of him, I can see him staying with her out of pity now, and the "please don't leave me" seems to imply even Kaoru is aware that Reichi doesn't love her but keeps in denial about it in order to be with him.

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Chapter 27amirite?

Yes, 25 as well, as much as I appreciate Koyomi's addition to this manga and Nakatani's admitted self-insert. It's not that they were bad, but definitely didn't live up to the former chapters. I do enjoy myself more Rei-chan appearances, though.

Agree, but at least Renma-sensei was hot af. More Rei is always welcome, she's such a tease and she ships Touko and Yuu hard

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

the latest weaker chapters.

Chapter 27amirite?

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Anyone else get the feeling that this story won't end with the "happy ending" that most people will want? Something tells me that at the end of it all, Yuu will reject Touko.

Why she would reject Touko?

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

Seems like this series is wrapping, though. I'd say maybe another 5-10 chapters? Unless the author pulls a fast one and extends this to friggin' 50 chapters somehow, but tbh, I kind of don't want that. YagaKimi is one of those few mangas where I wouldn't be upset if it ended in the next 5-10 chapters simply because it's already that good of a story.

I might be wrong but I think there's just one volume left. The Seven Seas website lists five volumes, and we're at the end of the fourth. Bloom was definitely meant to have a finite length.

Chapter 28 marks the end of volume 5. Someone should edit the chapters section on this site. Also, Seven Seas and Amazon list 5 volumes because that's the number so far, they can't put like "10 volumes" since I think not even Nakatani knows how many volumes there will be at the end. So far neither Nakatani, her editor or Dengeki Daioh have said volume 6 (the next one) is the last (hopefully not, there are still things to see, ending it with Touko and Yuu becoming a couple would feel sooo bad). I want to see them dating and see my waifu Yuu as a gf ( I bet she would be cute af).
Nakatani stating she can't draw Touko and Yuu being lovey dovey yet gives me hope that she'll eventually show it later in the story after the main problem is resolved.

Also, I want to see a hot scene before it ends

last edited at Nov 29, 2017 9:07PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

How can you deny her a kiss! Tsk kouhais this days

“No kisses” have been almost as important as kisses in this series—in the storage shed after the sports festival Yuu’s “I won’t kiss you” moment was overshadowed by the ensuing “but I’ll let you kiss me” smoochfest, but it was a crucial point in bringing just a touch of balance to a very asymmetrical relationship.

Yuu should just turn the tables on her—“Do the play the way I want and I’ll reward you by initiating our next makeout session.” :-)

Noticed Yuu said "not now" so later is still a possibility kek

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I really don't know any story (yuri, at least) about a dark-haired girl with problems who needs to be saved by her girl. Could anyone recommend me some? Since apparently there are lots of stories like these and I think it would be interesting to read about them.
Also the complicated dark haired girl is a very common trope, I don't see how it would be different if Touko had light hair but okay.

last edited at Nov 25, 2017 1:17AM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I don't like the whole Touko being an emotional mess thing. It's uber-cliché for a dark-haired female character to have a melancholy arc and in Touko's case, it comes over as very extreme to the point of being unimaginable.
What we got here is a girl who feels like she has no identity and whose only goal in life is to become her sister.
Oh and Yuu isn't allowed to fall in love with her because she doesn't want her to put pressure on her.
Only she is the one who is putting that pressure on herself. Not the people who love her.
And she hates herself. If that hatred was there because she feels guilty over her sisters' death that would be understandable. A thread that she might begin to unravel her problems with. So maybe that's something for the future.

It was implied in chapter 17 she feels some guilt because she may feel her sister died because of her. So her hatred is a mix of multiple factors, due to that incident and Touko also mentioned she felt inferior when she was a kid because she was unremakarble in every aspect. So it's low self-steem that grew stronger over the years, I guess the fact she doesn't know who she really is and her lack of an own identity just make it worse. It's not that contrived, I felt exactly like Touko a few years ago, I'm not an expert but she may have some anxiety/personality disorder or maybe borderline or PTSD.

last edited at Nov 23, 2017 9:43PM

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

OR, he's a genuinely good guy that married Kaoru because he knew that she and his sister needed each other and had a special relationship and if he didn't marry her, they would eventually drift apart.

So, if at first he turned down Kaoru several times, because he didn't particularly like her, he changed his mind when he noticed how the relationship between Kaoru and his sister was evolving. It's been hinted that he actually knows something.

So, all this time, he was preparing for the future and by playing the (cheating) bad guy, he planned to fade in the background and unite Kaoru and Uta.

Who knows. I've read more complicated setups.

The girl he was seen with was his ex. On his birthday. While he said he would be away more days. I'd rather have cheating than misunderstanding because the latter will feel too cheap, with Kaoru having an accident for nothing. All this "marrying her, be a cheater so Kaoru and Uta will end up together" doesn't make sense at all. If he's really a cheater, it's clear he's doing it because he likes that woman, who is his ex. Marrying someone he doesn't love because his sister needs Kaoru and out of pity for the latter who chased him all her life is understandable but way too risky. It's pretty obvious Uta will hate him when she finds out he was cheating because Uta will see Kaoru really hurt. Kaoru will be too heartbroken too. So he was willing to destroy his relationships with two important people to him and break their hearts in order to make them fall in love and be together? Talk about nonsense. The chances of Uta and Kaoru ending together is still pretty low, we know as readers it is possible because we're reading a yuri manga, but would Reichi really expect that? Kaoru seems pretty in love with him. All this elaborated plan would crash on many ways, if that's really the author's route it will feel contrived as fuck. Like I say, cheating is also a bad outcome but it's the best at this point.
But even cheating feels wrong and contrived, he is distant but he seemed to love her, he worried about not making her feel lonely and cared about her when she looked sick. But there are plenty of men like this in rl who act like this and still cheat, so in that sense I can understand (0w0>

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

skulll posted:

This is going to be 5 volumes right?

No way this will end next chapter. 6 volumes at least, and even that would feel rushed

1)No transfer student
2)No beach episode
3)No tournament arc

10 volumes, give or take

I'm not following it so I don't know how it is story progression-wise, I was more asking because Amazon had the volumes 'out of 5'.

What? Did it get cancelled? D: otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all that next chapter is the last one D:

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

This is going to be 5 volumes right?

No way this will end next chapter. 6 volumes at least, and even that would feel rushed

skulll
joined Nov 5, 2017

I think this is the source of my complaint - there isn't much focus on her, and the little focus there is just makes her look very one-dimensional. Especially the "You told me you'd help me" at the end of the latest chapter. For some reason, that scene really bothers me.

But only one chapter has happened since she found out about the new ending. I think you're exaggerating here. Chapter 26 focused on Sayaka first, because it was neccesary to show her point of view and because it shows her character development. I was expecting Touko's full reaction to the new script and the inminent confrontation with Yuu would start in chapter 27, and I agree chapter 27 seems irrelevant (as of now), so if the whole Akari and Doujima thing doesn't lead to Yuu doing something important and related to the actual plot like confessing or at least admitting her feelings to herself i'd feel like this entire chapter was just a filler and I'd feel disappointed.
There's also the fact that Nakatani has made a confrontation happen in the last chapter of a volume, so this volume shouldn't be the exception. It's like a "big end to a volume" thing, being emotional and intense. So the fact we haven't seen Touko's full point of view yet is because of this. We just have to wait until chapter 28 strikes.
As of now, Touko is deliberately one-dimensional because she is just obsessed with this play. But behind that there's a girl whose problems feel real, so I wouldn't call her totally one-dimensional.

When the message is delivered via the script weeks before the performance, then there's the question of what they're doing in between. The play-within-a-play in say, Hamlet, works because the performance of the play is the delivery of the message - the King sees the play and that's when he reacts. In this example, both the sender and the recipient have the script of the play. The delivery was complete when Touko first read the new ending. So all this time between her reading it and them performing it feels very bizarre, like they're sending passive aggressive notes across a classroom but refusing to speak to each other during break.

I think this is the idea here. Yuu tried to reason with Touko by talking to her and it didn't work at all, she's just trying to do something to help her and since Touko is totally obsessed with this play, Yuu didn't see a better alternative. And it's not both of them refusing to talk to each other, it's just Touko avoiding Yuu, who tried to normally spend time with her like usual but was rejected. They haven't talked about their issues because Touko doesn't want to. She is practicing the new lines because she's forced to, she spoke against the new end but nobody supported her, so she has no option but to accept and practice the new lines, because her desire to make this play perfect on stage is stronger than anything else. I don't really see what's bizarre about the situation if you have in mind this facts. A real talk between Touko and Yuu is meant to happen at some point, it can't be held back anymore after Touko found out about the new ending. Like I stated above, I'm pretty sure this will happen next chapter.

maybe the performance itself doesn't have to be some big confrontation

I feel like the performance will be important but the real confrontation will happen behind the stage. At least, the resolution to Touko and Yuu's weird dynamic so far must be resolved behind the stage. The play is meant to make Touko reason about her choices, she is supposed to realise and accept this, and not necessary by performing during the real thing (but I guess this happening on stage feels more dramatic and intense, in a good sense).

I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised by the next few chapters and completely forget all my complaints, but right now it just feels so awkward.

Me too, I hope next chapter will be good but at the same time I'm afraid everything will go to hell...

last edited at Nov 5, 2017 7:42PM