Forum › Posts by Orange

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Lol so many people having their dream scenes...how to realize all of that with so few chapters left XDDDD

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Aug 23:25
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Jpeg
Ahhh! you rounded the "half a decade" down! Damn it XDDD

I won't penalize you for getting it wrong, just curious. XD

Please do penalize her if she gets it wrong! XDDDDD

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Aug 23:12
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Jpeg

Firstly, are you going to tell me the answer at the end? Because if not then it wouldn't be fun XDDD
I read the first link that came up on horoscope and you sound like the "earth" type. The earth type apparently are Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn but if there is any truth in this whole thing..then I have known enough Virgos in my life to think that you're not a virgo at least hahaha so I'm left with the other two.

About the dog, aren't you a 1994 baby? XDDD

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 11:14PM

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Aug 22:49
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Jpeg

Lol I don't know what Nora thinks. In broad strokes, I am also a skeptic about this hahaha (#occupationalhazard) but I will take a potshot for the fun of it XDDD
Seeing how my chance in getting it right is 1/11 (since you said you're definitely not a Leo), I will increase my chance by group guessing XDDD so: either a Taurus or capricorn

ah but jpeg, I am 95% confident that you're a dog XDDDD

Esoterica

Why so depressing XDD

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 10:59PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

That's why I quote "in your definition" xDDDD, because I myself dont think it that way, I just go with their opinion xDDDDD, "addiction"
Nah, if I go SuminxSeju way, I would have to elaborate more about my comment which is not really smart since I bet for the other pair, LOLLLLLLL
Sometimes I just feel a little bit itchy with some comments saying Seju's love is an addiction and well...toxic or dependent xDDDDD. I dont see it that way but I also know why they think that way

Hahaha you sure love to contradict yourself XDDD are you also the type who would play chess with yourself? lol!

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Finding her own self-worthy doesnt mean she have to detach herself from the person that is, in your definition, the addiction xDDDDD

But, yoonie isn't this rather like trying to quit smoking cold turkey while having stashes of cigarette packs everywhere all around the house? XDDDD an exercise of extreme willpower lol

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Aug 21:35
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Esoteric, what do you work as?

Jpeg what is your horoscope anyway?

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 10:02PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Lol sia ue I love (almost all of) your one liner comments!

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

God the scene is just so heart warming.. Sumin again is one holding the umbrella and commenting on how Seju's cloths are all wet.. again Sumin is wearing a blazer and a shirt with a cravat similar to the one she wore in ch2 flashback..

Yeah for a while there I thought this was a flashback lol but the panel wasn't black XD

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Wasabi hates Sushi-san because she keeps falling in Soy sauce.. Wasabi feels jealous XD

I've decided. This series will use the Doraemon theme song

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

awww, come here let me hug you and we could be the greatest Sushi ever made in history.. we will beat the Wasabiiiiies XD
sticky sticky rice-o chan XD

LOL why are you creating unnecessary enemies!? Sushi and wasabi are supposed to go together!

last edited at Aug 8, 2017 5:45AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiide

I must have called a thousand timessssssssssssss...XDDD

was that what Sumin was humming when she tried to call Sungji last chapter XDDD

Hahahaha! You're a dunce seaweed

last edited at Aug 8, 2017 6:03AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiide

I must have called a thousand timessssssssssssss...XDDD

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I actually discussed your side since it is not the usual way of writing. Just because it is different, it is wrong. There are a lot of accidental inventions, formulas and endings that had never been thought of in the first place when those inventors, mathematicians, writers started to journey with a finality in mind. Take Archimedes. :)

Indeed. The discovery of penicillin.. although now we are abusing our antibiotics too much =.=

I was reading the posts last night and I was tempted to comment but I restrained myself.

There's no need to restrain yourself...Oh...maybe you didn't want to kill Sia ue? XDDDDD

As long as our hearts remain true, it will never be lost. It will have the happy ending it seeks.

Haha I sure hope so. Well, man proposes the higher power disposes...

last edited at Aug 8, 2017 2:40AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Jpeg

That is such a cute story. XD Do you still draw comic strips from time to time?

Hahaha not anymore. I feel like growing up kills some of the creative cells in my body XDD

I would definitely take a class solely on WDTFS or a class on a subject that would cover it in its curriculum. I think Nora89 and Foxy lady would ace that class. I would be happy hearing them discuss it. :)

I think in this class, Nora would be one of those insufferable, irritating classmates who would remember stuff without putting in much effort. We should be strategic about this and sit next to her to peep on her answer sheet when sitting for a test XDDDD

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Firstly, sorry about this Sia ue and thank you for bearing with me XDDDD and....don't dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LOL

Jpeg

Do you know any good stories written without the ending in mind? I see what you mean, but I can't think of one on top of my head.

Unfortunately..unlike Nora when I read, I don't geek out on the author and the writing process..even for books I really like lol so I don't have an example for this.

As a child though, I didn't know about reverse engineering..back then I used to doodle a comic on my note book in class because I was bored..I got the girl sitting next to me addicted to my comic strip XDDD and she would bug me to find out what happens in the story next..but the thing is..I never really knew what would happen until I sat down and doodled it..it was a satisfying experience....it feels like the story has a life of its own...anyway, I never got around to finishing the comic in the end (maybe because eventually I started paying attention in class XD)..so for all you know it may have ended badly XDDDDD. Like I said though, if I were to write fiction now I would reverse engineer the story. The serendipity from an aimless writing process is nice and all..but I do think the odds of it turning out badly is quite high and I prefer to play my odds better than that lol.

All the best for your exam! You don't need photographic memory..just geek out on the subject as much as you geek out on wdtfs and you'll be fine XDDDD

Nora

If you know him, he criticises LOR for being a black and white kind of story, where the good guys win and the bad guys die (and bad guys are just bad for the sake of being so).. this is what David and Dan are doing, everything that George critsies!!

Yeah black and white stories are boring. I need my (more than 50) shades of grey XDDD

Foxy Lady

Joking aside, the position doesn't matter since the issue is clear. But I believe, both failed to see "where" one is at. Since "context" of the writer is important in any writing. The way I understand it, Orange was talking about the "journey" of writing a story. That, there are writers who goes through in the story along with their characters. They think, see, hear, taste, smell, touch and feel as their characters. As I may put it, they gave a little of themselves.One good example is Anne Rice' Lestat in the Vampire Chronicles. The 7th installation was recently released. I started reading it since I was in highschool.(damn, I'm old...hehe) Anne Rice in one of her "talks" mentioned that the ending is not absolute. They changed it to give "justice" to what the characters had gone through. So, if the ending ends well, serendipity it is.

Yeah I was talking about the "journey" in writing, the writing process so to speak. But Nora was also not sidetracking from the issue when she said just because we know the ending it does not necessarily mean we compromise on the creative process for the plot leading to that ending and I agree with her. It is the more logical way to write after all. It's just that while I believe in reverse engineering, I also see beauty in coming up with a good story without it.

last edited at Aug 7, 2017 10:17PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Lol I must say there are many many badly written scripts out there..

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Nora
I do really believe in the concept of reverse engineering. And I agree the pitfalls of not reverse engineering are present in multitudes.. And things can end very very badly.. Yet somehow when it does end up well.. There's something serendipitous about it and that is probably what I like abt it..

It's rather like how we know algebra is one of the most logical ways to solve an equation and yet there are other ways (more around about but perhaps also more simplistic) to solve the same equation and these methods are beautiful in their own way. Although well I do like my algebra a lot so what am I saying lol

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

that's also applied on stories written with "reversed engineering".. when you know where to end, you can take multiple options and endless probabilities to how you want to reach it.. George R. R. Martin knew his ending very well when he started writing the first book in 1993 (released it in 1996), it gave him so much flexibility even with the TV show making.. because he knows where to end.. and he knows the starting point.. the route in between is creatively changeable.

Yeah but to me there's also beauty in venturing into the unknown and to actually end up in a good place nevertheless (or despite it all..) - as opposed to making sure from the very beginning of the good end.

last edited at Aug 7, 2017 6:01AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

very true.. I actually call it backward induction same as the Game Theory solution method for a multiple stages game.. and it is the best way to solve any maze, start from the ending point working your way to the beginning.

I believe in reverse engineering too -it is a logical way to write a story- and I imagine if I ever write one that's how I would write it. But somehow there's always this nagging feeling that a story written without reverse engineering has an added value lol that somehow it would defy the imagination more, challenges the rigidity of our thoughts more..of course there's the risk that it won't end well XDDD but if it does end well...it will be splendid!

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

rule#1: a work that has no designed ending is not ready to be released to the public.

A proponent of reverse engineering XDDD

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 07 Aug 01:27
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Really? Damn...I better watch it soon..like before I step into the land mines on the internet that are spoilers. SPOILERS EVERYWHEREEEEEE

Orange
WDTFS fans - off topic 06 Aug 22:29
Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Do the chicken you know have nipples? You can't call them boobs or breast if they don't have nipples you know.

teary eyed valid point! XDDDD

But you know cows have nipples but we don't say "go get milk from the boobs" hahahaha

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 10:44PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

GOT Episode 4 is just sooo fucckkiing aweeesssooommeeee!!!!!!
Was holding my breath hoping Jon and Dany might go for it in the cave. XD
And so was Tyrion. "Flee you idiot. You fucking idiot."

Three more hours until I can verify if you two are those people who watch leak then go around ruining life. Anyway, please accept this in advance: (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐.

=.= ruining life indeed. momonosuke do serve that double on my behalf too. Argh.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Nora

They actually did a Drama CD.. only Sumin's voice was somehow fitting.. I have no idea why they made a 24 years old girl like Sungji have a deeper than necessary voice and gave a woman like Seju a voice like an old woman in her late 50 or early 60s.. arggh the cringe!

Lol I thought Sungji's voice was perfect...I mean..it suits her "cold and hard to approach" persona while in office. And I think when she exudes her fun loving personality, the tone would go up an octave XDDD but still with this texture. Sumin's voice sounds about right to me too. Ah for Seju, if it goes by the tone in 12:33 of the first chapter video (as pointed by renee), it suits her too.

Orange, since you might ask:
Sumin: greyish green with a touch of blue "darkslategray"
Seju: purple
Sungji: grades of brown lightened by soft orange "wheat and Peru"

Hahaha is the playboy reading the reader again? XDDDD
My sungji has a hint of orange in her! I approve! XDDDDDDDD

I'm glad that this is only an audio CD not a live action. A live action would most definitely ruin it for me, regardless of how great the acting lol

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 10:24PM