Forum › Posts by LilyBlack

LilyBlack
Syrupy Love discussion 15 Mar 21:04
joined Aug 28, 2016

It's fine. Misaki can just hide Tsubasa in her bedroom to protect her. That's a good idea that definitely won't lead to any problems later on.

But seriously, after all the speculation about how she'd react I'm glad that at least Tsubasa realized what was going on at the end of chapter 6 and knew exactly how much of a shit Jun was. The ending does feel like it was rushed, though.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Seo is only 18? Wasn't the legal smoking age in japan 20....and Seo looked like such a good kid too

It's true that the legal age to drink and smoke in Japan is 20, but from what I've heard from people who've lived there, the laws are poorly enforced.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Making women happy, most likely.

That was my thinking, but then I'd imagine it wasn't borrowing money. Unless that too is a code word.

It seems more like an unspoken understanding. If the older woman doesn't think about when or if she'll get the money back, she also won't have to think about how the money is why Mao's there in the first place.

LilyBlack
Lily Love discussion 12 Dec 23:16
joined Aug 28, 2016

Hm thanks for your perspective. The reason I thought "You're mine now" was particularly cringy was because of the context. It's almost like saying "Oh we just had sex together for the first time, so now I have my claim on you." Was Donut not hers before they did it? Maybe it's more endearing said in Thai, definitely not ruling that out, but if someone said that to me, it'd set off all sorts of red flags.

Some people find possessiveness hot and some find it a turn-off, I'm not sure that's specific to language or culture. And to be fair, she did also say "I'm yours" right after that.

LilyBlack
Mono-Eye discussion 30 Sep 21:13
joined Aug 28, 2016

I really love that kind of hyper possessive kind of love. Although it might be a little unhealthy. xD

Same here. Intense, fucked up relationships are more interesting to read about than normal healthy ones.

joined Aug 28, 2016

please why the sun thing always has to turn vampires to ash? Why cant they just have frail skin and deficiencies and get like cancer or heavy burns if they stay too long, which they could cut out or heal after some time anyway since theyre immortal.

In fairness, vampires in this setting are apparently tough enough that getting their entire head disintegrated by sunlight is just an inconvenience...

joined Aug 28, 2016

Isn't the original title something like "A narrative on how I was so lonely i went to a lesbian prostitute?" I think that's even more poignant. But my Japanese is very literal at this point, so I might miss an idiom. This is a very brave story and you do want the author to be happy. It reminds me of a real-world "30-something unemployed woman" story. That series by the author of Sasameki Koto. Also if Americans are over-treated, IMO, Japanese are under-treated.

For what it's worth, while the English title isn't a literal translation of the Japanese title, both titles were chosen by the author herself and both appear on the cover of the original work, so in a sense they're both the original title.