Forum › Posts by random

joined Jul 26, 2016

Idiot Couple being even more on point in this chapter than usual I see ( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

The flip side of "the penises didn't touch so its not gay"

"It's not gay if the balls don't touch #nohomo"

joined Jul 26, 2016

Botan's making a face like her mind just went places.

As pretty likely did Ibuki's judging by how she's red up to her ears...

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I think by this point Kyouko would be pretty justified in developing a conspiracy theory that all her friends are scheming to mess with her... :d

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Just want to ask cause I stopped reading this manga few months ago to hoard chapters, but as of the newest chapter, is Sakurako and Kasumi a couple already?

*loads gun*
always has been

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

@FluffyCow But is "gay" even conceptually relevant for a species of simultaneous hermaphrodites?
thonk.jpg
These are the questions scientists really should be investigating.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Weird armpit sex right in the classroom? These two should start comparing notes with Mari and Yuu...

random
Arknights! 26 Mar 16:46
joined Jul 26, 2016

It does seem like that Perlica is the playable character? Maybe it will be more like a character action game where there is no self insert but an assortment of characters to choose to play. Hopefully.

I mean playable and protagonist aren't the same thing, case in point Amiya and DOKUTAH... and it's not exactly unusual for these kinds of games to have an "off screen" player alter ego - only too often at least implicitly male, cuz sweaty otaku primary target audience etc. etc. I've dropped like an ugly baby several games I idly browsed 'bout three minutes into the tutorial after discovering the "offscreen" protag was some stereotypical garbage harem lead fukkboi, for the record.

But as mentioned HG has so far been pretty good about avoiding that kind of generically pandering bullshit so I'm cautiously optimistic.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
97119088_p0

That's some Touhou-sized hat tho ' -')

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

That is one of the reasons I found it funny you cut it there. You took that bit out even though it still fit you point. The paragraph break seemed like the natural cut of point but you seemed to take the extra time to remove that, as well, and I just wondered why.

Superfluous to the point either of us was making.

I get your point about a good story. However it's still should fit the genre. Aliens is a great movie but if someone recommended it to you as a rom-com you would think they lost their mind.

But Aliens being sci-fi/horror genre did not particularly precondition the various characters' roles in it, now did it? Aside from a low expected rate of survival somewhat coming with the territory ofc, especially given the example set by the first movie in the franchise...

That being what we're talking about here, not the kind of reductio ad absurdum mislabeling you're throwing here as a counter-example for reasons mystifying to me.

I would totally be on board if someone used male character in a yuri in a new and exciting way as long as the girl got the girl in the end.

Well, yes, but that's hardly what you were saying before. Which was instead basically the equivalent of "stay in the kitchen".

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not really interested in guys take in this story cause why should be?
I don't read yuri works to get male viewpoint presented in them, so maybe if people want it here means it's not a yuri work after all?
Cuse yuri works should be only presentd from female viewpoint in my opinion.

What an ignorant opinion. However, you might have better luck finding stories you enjoy with the tag "404: Men Not Found"

I guess I share the ignorant opinion because I think the only roles men should play, in a yuri, is the abusive boyfriend/husband The MC's escape from, the losing romantic rival, or the comic relief.

Yeah bro rigid narrative pigeonholing is pretty cringe t b h ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it a bit funny that you cropped my comment to leave out the part where I say, I like to see more men in supportive friend roles.
I'm not against men in yuri, I just feel yuri is for fans of women loving women, so men should be secondary characters.

I quite fail to see how it changes the main point in any meaningful fashion.

I just feel stories and characters should stand, and be judged, by the virtues of their creative and narrative merits and quality of writing (what I personally like to shorthand as "craftsmanship") and not by how many boxes they cross off on some arbitrary checklist of mandatory genre tropes.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I hate this author with a passion.

I hate you with a passion bitch, 1v1 me irl

inb4 Navy SEAL Copypasta

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
93371048_p0

^I don't judge peoples' weird RP ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not really interested in guys take in this story cause why should be?
I don't read yuri works to get male viewpoint presented in them, so maybe if people want it here means it's not a yuri work after all?
Cuse yuri works should be only presentd from female viewpoint in my opinion.

What an ignorant opinion. However, you might have better luck finding stories you enjoy with the tag "404: Men Not Found"

I guess I share the ignorant opinion because I think the only roles men should play, in a yuri, is the abusive boyfriend/husband The MC's escape from, the losing romantic rival, or the comic relief.

Yeah bro rigid narrative pigeonholing is pretty cringe t b h ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

random
random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Xshrimpcake-1506648902451167237-img1

"No Tal, you are the yuris"
And then Talulah was a lesbian.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

She literally has no reason to lie.

One doesn't need a practical reason to lie. Some do it out of habit. Some enjoy deceiving people. Some lie unconsciously to justify their behaviors to themselves. She can even tell the truth from her perspective, but other people involved don't necessarily see it the same way.

So I guess the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to quote shitty women unquote?

Sasuga Dynasty forumers.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Centuriic-1504106303538724868-img1

^they most certainly did, it's just that for a decent amount of time the Spartans were the only full-time professional warriors (a warrior aristocracy more accurately) in the context of pretty literal Sunday soldiers. Once Greek warfare got more organised, professionalised, combined-arms and generally just increasingly more complex than "two lines of hoplites charging each other on level field" they quickly started floundering pretty hard and the fucked-up domestic organisation that had allowed the establishment and maintenance of the whole aforementioned warrior-aristocracy thing in the first place started biting them in the ass.
One of the more clear-cut cases of the Crippling Overspecialization trope in real-world history that lot.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Centuriic-1504106303538724868-img1

It's "Theban" but... well, yeah.

The Spartans were and are pretty overhyped. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Kiegenshin-1505287494366994433-img1%20(1)

^I have questions about Raiden's, too.

Perspective is hard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

joined Jul 26, 2016

Nice handholding there.

i feel filthy now ( っД⊂)

random
Citrus + discussion 21 Mar 14:05
joined Jul 26, 2016

Show a little respect to the author.

Respect needs to be earned.

random
Citrus + discussion 20 Mar 20:08
joined Jul 26, 2016

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that the latest chapters often seem to be lacking proper shading, compared to older ones at least.

What stood out to me is the second frame here because a lot of the perspective and posing just looks off...

random
Arknights! 20 Mar 19:34
joined Jul 26, 2016

Because it looks cooool yooooooo lol

Well, you pretty much exhausted what can be said about it for the time being there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And quoth Wittgenstein Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen ("Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent") :U

But I won't touch it if the main character is a generic kirito like guy, you either let us self insert with an ambiguous protagonist, let us create one from 0 or go the genshin route, everyone wins that way, specially with the last.

#relatable - few things make me drop a game faster than an obligatory Generic McShounenface lead. (Obligatory male leads are not in and of themselves a problem if they're proper characters rather than featureless homunculi made of lukewarm tapioca for the lowest possible barrier for self-insertion on part of an audience implicitly presupposed to consist of negative otaku stereotypes.) HG has so far by and large demonstrated a tendency to have their head out of their ass and conversely a general aversion to generic bullshit, though, so I'm reasonably optimistic in that respect.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 7:38PM