Forum › Posts by Arujin

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

MC is very cute.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Not that I can blame anyone for not reading the last few pages, but that question was already answered
Until the official publisher makes a complaint, Dynasty will keep uploading chapters here.

That's nice, but I was more so wondering about the scanlation group's stance on the matter. Though since I don't think we got any word on the matter from Yuri Ichigo, things will proceed as they have until now?

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Uhh yeah, I'm all for mangas getting licensed, but I'm not the biggest fan of having to wait years for the official release to catch up just so I can continue reading, like with Murcielago.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Ah man I really don't care who ends up with who. I like pretty much every single one of our main characters. Even the bagy clothed camera senpai. As long as this keeps providing cute moments with amazing art, I'll eat it up.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Pretty interesting seeing people applying burgerland standards and calling Midori a pedo before anything even happened. And even if it will, it won't be because she's attracted to Haru's childish body. Finally, Haru is clearly smart enough to properly understand what consent is. I really don't see how reading this can make anyone uncomfortable, at least as it is now.
That aside, my hope for this series is that the author will throw us a curveball and have Haru fall in love for Midori, with Midori trying to hold herself back.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

all of a sudden this took a much more interesting turn

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I haven't read the chapters yet but GOD I am so fucking happy this is back. Please keep it up!!

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Comfy manga

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is godlike
heheheheheheheheheheh

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Bruh

Arujin
1 x ½ discussion 11 May 21:27
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Prez is pretty cool

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I need more of this absolute goodness. This is definitely the comfiest mango I'm reading at the moment. Chapter 9's title sounds like it'll be real good!

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 6:38PM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Wait, that was the end?

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Not a fan of the little bro. I wish he was more down to earth.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

You just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Especially with these kinds of analogies. I don't see why you can't just say you're tired of x trope and that's why you don't like x thing, instead of faulting the manga for it. You keep talking about the tropes it uses, but not about how it executes them, which is the important part. Every single work of fiction has tropes, you being sick of them isn't the fault of the author.

My sweet summer child.

When you've been into it as long as I've been you start looking for more than just the "yuri" tag.

Now, if you started with the genre just recently and your love for is still blooming I totally understand you.

Sorry yuri veteran, but my point isn't exclusive to yuri. You're just doing a good job at missing the point every time.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

You sound like you would like to have dinner out and being served only garlic bread for first, seconds and dessert.

You can reboot Spiderman as many times as you want. I like Spiderman, I honestly do. But I'm sick of it.

This is just the yuri crowd starving for content. Without the "yuri" tag people wouldn't look at this manga twice.

You just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Especially with these kinds of analogies. I don't see why you can't just say you're tired of x trope and that's why you don't like x thing, instead of faulting the manga for it. You keep talking about the tropes it uses, but not about how it executes them, which is the important part. Every single work of fiction has tropes, you being sick of them isn't the fault of the author.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 9:24AM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Which part about two schoolgirls falling in love is original? It is in 99% of yuri. At this point it is just a given. Do you realize how utterly refreshing any other scenario is? And I mean it. "Any other".
Which part of the "I wanna kiss her but do friends do that?" is original?
Which part of one of them being oblivious to a sickening degree is original?
Which part of the confession not reaching is original? Is Japanese really that frigging bad for confessions? No wonder they're going extinct.

Holy shit, what's your next argument? "Two girls falling in love is original?"
It's impossible to tell a story devoid of any tropes.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 8:42AM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

That being said, I am sorry for being so angry and triggered, but I've had enough from this author. I'm one of those people who rarely comment on stuff, but their continuous portrayal of shitty Subtext as Yuri has hit on a nerve (And no, we tomboys don't want to be secretly feminine, fuck anyone who has this kind of mindset). I wasted ten minutes of my life reading this crap, I'll never get them back. So I genuinely beg of the moderators, or whoever is responsible for tagging stories, PLEASE DON'T tag Subtext as Yuri. I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart, I will forever be grateful to you.

You realize she's being peer pressured into being a tomboy, right? Not the other way around.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

How is this any good with the same tropes hammered over and over and over?

This isn't any better than that "We can't draw love" trainwreck.

Does it start being original at some point?

How is it anything like We Can't Draw Love? This story doesn't need to keep introducing new plot elements and unnecessary twists like that one. It doesn't try to go for big dramatic moments and baits us into concluding those plotlines either. It's just a story about a developing relationship of 2 girls. Both of which act really human which is commendable, unlike with We can't draw love and I for one enjoy that. It's fine if you don't like it, but comparing it to We can't draw love is ignorant if anything. Even if you were solely basing it on tropes, which I don't see in this one nearly as much as in that either.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I don't understand how anyone can finish reading this and think "Wow, I can't believe this author is implying all tomboys secretly want to be girly!"
A little less projecting would do you guys good.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

god I fucking love reversal

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

All of that can still be explained though, so I don't want to judge it so soon. I was stritctly speaking about the setting itself, not it's execution and future use. It's very possible the author skipped that for now as they wanted to pull in readers by having a short 3 chapter arc at the beginning (And tragic romance works quite well for that, even if it's lesbian out of necessity, which isn't a problem in of itself). Whether they are going to explain why all this is possible is also up to whether they want to make it a plot point or not, which could lead to it being slowly unveild as the story progresses.

It's factually impossible to make the setting work in anything akin to a real-world context, which is exactly what it pretends to be set in.

Unfactual statement.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Lmao, the fucking bait

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 5:46PM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

But it needs to be added in believably. I'm not even saying it has to be realistic - it just needs to be credible. We do know human trafficking exists. We do know modern slavery exists. We do know there's a lot of messed up crimes happening even in our "safe", modern countries, whether it's sex slavery or conversion camps or child abuse rings or whatever. So it's not so outrageous that it couldn't at all have been done, but you need to give us something that'll make us go "oh, so that's why it really works".

For example, in Jody Klaire's Above and Beyond novel series there's also a school like this. And while I personally also didn't find it quite believable, it takes more care to explain how people the kids are isolated with no way out, how it can operate due to corruption or blatantly looking away and so on.

But here I'm still only getting a vibe of ... that the author wanted a tragic lesbian romance (but only lesbian because of the circumstances, really) thing and thus casually invented this system but neither thought it through nor really cares about it.

All of that can still be explained though, so I don't want to judge it so soon. I was stritctly speaking about the setting itself, not it's execution and future use. It's very possible the author skipped that for now as they wanted to pull in readers by having a short 3 chapter arc at the beginning (And tragic romance works quite well for that, even if it's lesbian out of necessity, which isn't a problem in of itself). Whether they are going to explain why all this is possible is also up to whether they want to make it a plot point or not, which could lead to it being slowly unveild as the story progresses.