Forum › Posts by afkeroge

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I don't understand everyone hating on Airi. She's really the victim here and the emotional trauma she's going through right now would mess anyone up.

Good I hope she fucking kills herself, because that's the only thing she deserves at this point

I come back to reread this series and find this shit.

I know, right? This is a work of fiction, for Christ's sake. People need to chill.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I'm interested in picking up ガレットmeets 2 and 3.5 since it's published there. May I ask what volume this chapter is published in? Someone said 7 but I just want to make sure before I put in my order, thank you! Also, are there more chapters? I wonder if it's on-going or it ended somewhere...

Hi, translator here! Thanks for considering to buy the books! Yes, Takane no Hana Chapter 3 is in Meets 7. Unfortunately, this is the latest chapter. There's another Miura Kozumi work in Meets, but it's very different from this one.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 2:13AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Seiba. Vaioretto.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Oh! It's chapter 2 already! Please tell me, does anyone know how many chapters are left? Or is this an ongoing series?? I hope it is ongoing! This story is so fresh! Keep them coming! And thank you to the scanlators!

Three chapters are available in Japanese so far. There's no indication of whether or not the series will continue because it doesn't have a set release schedule.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

On page 005 the correct slang saying is "out of the gutter" not off the gutter. I've seen this on more than one manga.

Yeah, I noticed my mistake there. Will ask to get this updated the next time I request a release.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

^ actually that’s pretty normal for some people. especially if you eat a lot of fruit

GIMME THEM PEACHES!!!!

Very fitting avatar for the comment.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Just saw the raws.
From the looks of it Mochida is being a real bitch

Wait, where are the raws uploaded?

fb darling

Eww, facebook.

In another note, I would really appreciate it if people stop spoiling shit in the forums, especially using my translations. It ruins the experience for people who're not looking to be spoiled, even if it's in spoiler text. I even had to lie about making mistakes to try and discredit the spoilers.

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 1:29AM

afkeroge Uploader
World Canvas Manga 18 Jun 17:31
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Sad to see that we'll probably never get good raws for this one. It's been years since the book came out. I used to have a copy of this myself, but I lost it. By the way, if you need help translating this, I can help. Filipino is pretty easy to translate to English.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Haah, I really should just keep my pastebin files hidden from now on. Adjustments still need to be made to the translation you've seen. I put mistakes in there on purpose so I can tell who's snooping around and spreading spoilers like this.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 4:20PM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Is this also one of your translations, Lucas?

No, this one is not. I just know that it only has 3 chapters. It has an official English release here:
https://www.ebookrenta.com/renta/sc/frm/item/140414/
People should buy this if they can.

last edited at Jun 16, 2020 4:15AM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Heads up, this is a 3-chapter story. The next one is the last. About the foiled rape attempt tag, eh, I'm indifferent about it, I guess.

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 12:26PM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

No, that's not where it came from. What are you even saying? Japanese has no such phonetic "rules." The Japanese word for human, "ningen" disproves your assertion easily.

They're talking about rendaku, but they got it backwards. An honest mistake. It's worth noting that rendaku is quite inconsistently applied, so one example of a letter not morphing wouldn't disprove it's existence, but at any rate you are correct in this case since "k" morphs to "g", not vice versa.

Yes, I'm aware of rendaku, but as you said, it's backwards. I used "ningen" as an example because it's an easy way (and the first thing that came to mind) to discredit g-syllables not going with [n]. That's why I said there's no such phonetic "rule." It ticks me off when people spread misinformation, so I didn't really bother to be friendlier with my tone.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Yeah, when your asking "why won't she have sex with me?" You've sailed clear past Class-S conventions. The use of "straight" here is so bizarre. Maybe it's a translation thing where there's only terms for "lesbian" and for "everyone else"? It wouldn't be surprising if the terminology centered men and how available women are to them.

The original Japanese term was "nonke onna" which literally means "straight woman." "Nonke" is a term coined by the gay community in Japan to refer to people who are "not available" to them. It comes from the French word for "no" (non) and the Japanese word for "feeling" (ki). People need to stop blaming straight men for everything. It's not healthy nor productive.

that's not what nonke means.. exactly. Its a wasei-eigo term, mean "non-gay" but because of the rules of Japanese phonotactics the "g" becomes a "k". Non-gay... means exactly what it sounds like, and Idk if that would apply to bi people in a japanese context.

No, that's not where it came from. What are you even saying? Japanese has no such phonetic "rules." The Japanese word for human, "ningen" disproves your assertion easily. Here's a definition from an actual Japanese source:
https://meaning.jp/posts/3968

Also, the Japanese already have a word for bisexual people - it's "bai," coming from the English word "bisexual," obviously. It has been in use in Japan as early as the late 90's to the early 2000's at the very least.

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 1:55AM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Yeah, when your asking "why won't she have sex with me?" You've sailed clear past Class-S conventions. The use of "straight" here is so bizarre. Maybe it's a translation thing where there's only terms for "lesbian" and for "everyone else"? It wouldn't be surprising if the terminology centered men and how available women are to them.

The original Japanese term was "nonke onna" which literally means "straight woman." "Nonke" is a term coined by the gay community in Japan to refer to people who are "not available" to them. It comes from the French word for "no" (non) and the Japanese word for "feeling" (ki). People need to stop blaming straight men for everything. It's not healthy nor productive.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 11:08PM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Thoughts and questions that occurred to me while I read the chapter.

Straight as a rail? Not all rails are straight. If they were trains couldn't get around curves.

So normal equals straight? That seems a bit homophobic.

Why does it always seem that in a story about a lesbian in a relationship with a straight girl, it's the straight girl with the experience, in bed.

"Straight as a nail" was the text in there. Also, normal refers to the norm, the majority. Not being "normal" isn't supposed to mean that there's something wrong with you. People should get out of that mindset.

afkeroge Uploader
Suito-to! discussion 03 Jun 02:26
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Are you certain it was a mistake, and not a deliberate choice to change a unimportant filler detail to make the dialogue flow better in Spanish?
"Professionals" are expected to do that kinda thing, you know. It's what their bosses ask for.

Yes, I am certain that it's a mistake. The illustrations show Yuzu handing Momo a glass of water in that scene. I'd really like to know where in the world people serve rice in tall glasses. Also, translating "お冷" into "cold rice" is a common mistake made by people who rely on machine translations or OCRs. Translating "ごめんけど、私にそういう気はないし…" (Sorry, I don't have those kinds of feelings/I don't swing that way) into "Lo siento, de verdad. No era esa mi intencion." (I'm very sorry, but that wasn't my intention.) is also incorrect, no matter how you spin it. I translate pretty liberally compared to most scanlators, but even I won't go so far as to change what the characters intend to say for arbitrary reasons. I would like someone who knows Spanish to weigh in on these points though. I only know a little from the Spanish that's incorporated into my native language.

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 11:07AM

afkeroge Uploader
Suito-to! discussion 02 Jun 08:32
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say, making them sound exactly the way Spaniards (or Mexicans, or Yankees, or whatever) would sound ― were they talking about these matters in that context and situation.

Both have their pros and cons. Fan-translators do it the first way. Professional translators do it the second way (which, admittedly, is rather more difficult).

The Spanish translation of Suito-to is a good example of the second type of translation: the characters speak modern Castilian Spanish so fluently and naturally that you can imagine them on the streets of Madrid or Barcelona. The translation work so far has been fantastic.

The English version that we have here in Dynasty is the other type of translation: a classic work by fans for fans, respecting as much as possible the form and style and wording of the original Japanese text.

Comparing the two works and their differences sure is interesting, at least for me. d(´∀`)b

Hi! I'm the translator for this one, and I've gotta say, the Spanish version seems to have changed the meanings of entire sentences for reasons I can't fathom. For example, just in the first page of Chapter 1, the Spanish translation of "先輩、お冷どぞ," (Here's some cold water, Senpai.) was "Aqui tienes tu bol de arroz, Momose" (Here's your bowl of rice, Momose.). The mistake is in the official Spanish release (which sadly translated into zats' original Englsih TL), which leads me to question if they're actually "professionals." Note that this was only on the first page of chapter 1. Many other such mistakes pervade the Spanish translation.

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 8:42AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

That was not a serious theory, just pointing out that there are enough unknowns here to fill them in with basically any story without making the Ex a piece of shit in the grand scheme of things.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck though. Her ex probably was just a cheating douchebag, but let's not pretend like it's fact and not just speculation.

From what we can infer from Nagisa's situation, she and her ex have been together for a while, and they never even once gone on a date or become physically intimate. Nagisa loved her ex, but can we say the same for her ex?

Also, no decent person would ever cheat on their girlfriend/boyfriend on the day of their supposed first date. A decent person would properly break up with someone before being in bed with someone else. A decent person will break up with someone they don't love anymore (or in this case, not even from the beginning) personally, not with a fucking text message. Sometimes, a spade is just a spade. Some people are just pieces of shit, and I think there's enough information here to conclude that, even if people do fall for them. No excuse is a good enough reason for the ex to do what she did. And those are the facts, not conjecture. I've seen many real people go through this exact situation, and it's always the same story. A cliche, if you will.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

We literally know nothing of substance about her other than the fact that she was dating another woman until she cheated on her with a man to then presumably date him. We don't even know if it was intentional or malicious lol.

I dunno, cheating on your girlfriend after not showing up for your first date is pretty malicious in my eyes.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

No angst tag?

Doesn't apply here.

afkeroge Uploader
Suito-to! discussion 28 May 07:46
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Just a note: I talked to zats, the person who translated this from Spanish. They're a really chill person and was nice enough to let me help with giving this one the translation it deserves. They were the one who cleaned most of the text and QC'd this release.

EDIT: All the restaurants featured in this manga are actual, real restaurants you can visit. Each chapter ends with a small blurb telling you where you can find the actual restaurant.

last edited at May 28, 2020 7:54AM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Many people seem to be conflating angst with drama. Angst is a general feeling of anxiety or insecurity about oneself. It applies here, even if it's a cutesy story.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

This is admittedly a bit of a stretch, but maybe the possibility of being seen with a student in a casual setting in public (this was brought up as an issue with Sayaka and cafe-owner-san in YagaKimi) made her want to get off the street.

So being together in sensei’s apartment would be perceived as worse if discovered, but the chances of discovery are considerably less.

Of course, when you come to the fork in the road labeled “love discussion with student in public” vs. “love discussion with student in private,” you’ve already taken a wrong turn some distance back.

Hmm, I think Maki's just looking for an escape from her shackled lifestyle, consequences be damned. If you remember from chapter 3, Maki mentions that she's miserable from always living life on the straight and narrow. So basically, she wants to be a "bad girl" like Ako and that girl from the flashback.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Some bad news. Probably maybe no chapter next month. On the bright side, It's a Detached Relationship will be returning, so there will be no shortage of drama.

last edited at May 26, 2020 10:56PM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

So yeah, this is the latest chapter. See you guys next month.