Forum › Posts by Phemon

Phemon
Image Comments 06 May 00:27
joined May 24, 2015
59811294_p0

@Vankomycin In an octopus' garden, with ChikaYou

joined May 24, 2015

As much as I love the childhood friend turned lover trope (and the happy ending to boot), I also can't help but feel this felt off.
Like if the artist planned for an ambiguous ending (or a bad one), but hastily made a good ending because those are better received.
Eh, happy ending. Can't really complain about that
Edit aww I just realized that they're holding hands in the highschool acceptance pic on the phone on the last page. Just had a reread and it's decent now. Nothing to write home about, but gets the job done

last edited at Apr 30, 2018 9:22PM

joined May 24, 2015

This felt like eating a Cheeto (or a cheese puff): A light ball of fluffiness that has no substance and is immediately forgotten. Without saying the names you'd never know that this is a HomuMado doujin.
Yes, cute, but nothing noteworthy

joined May 24, 2015

Yessss, us ChikaYou supporters finally get our day! I had a big, dumb smile on my face the entire time I was reading it. Instafav!

joined May 24, 2015

Tamamusi never disappoints. I was a little worried when she thought "I've found what I really dislike about this woman", but everything turned out peachy <3

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

I was actually going to seriously respond to you later when I'll have more time, but since you made different thread in which you got a genuine answers from people on topic, but instead of addressing them you got into pretty stupid argument with Nez and then for no good reason decided that thread was wrong idea altogether and closed it, I won't bother. (Unless I missed something)

Yeah, I gotta admit, that was a silly interaction we had lol. Misunderstandings and miscommunication go a long way. But I've contacted Nez over Discord and we had a proper discussion about it.
The reason I closed it was because, after reading the actual posts from various users, I got the answers I was looking for.
You're still welcome to share your opinion, I'm all ears!

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 10:12AM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

@Phemon

Ooh, scary. I'm asking a serious question. Love can take many forms. In manga, I've seen countless men who look like women and vice versa. I've seen girly men and burly women.
I'm wondering why people hate het. If it's just physical appearances, then one should also hate a Butch lesbian, no?
Please. HELP me understand. Threatening me just creates discouse
[...]
It just frustrates me that many people denounce a whole sub-division of literature just because one of the characters has a little junk in his trunk.

For me personally, as a lesbian woman, the junk in the trunk is not the problem. I wouldn't mind dating or sleeping with a girl that has a dick, whether it be because she's transgendered or whatever other real or fictional reason there might be, and I would not date or sleep with a guy that has a cooch. The genetalia isn't the problem.

Superficial appearances then? As you said, there are plenty of androgynous people, especially when it comes to characters in manga, not to mention cross-dressing. However, the character's gender remains the same, and for many people —including myself— that's important. Regardless of outward appearances, if a person turns out to be "something you're not attracted to" —whether it's their gender identity, political views, or anything else— any attraction you might've felt will likely fade if that particular "something" is a dealbreaker for you.

What I'm trying to say is that to many people, gender does matter a lot, not just physical appearances or their crotch equipment, meaning that regardles of what for it takes, het is still about a relationship between a man and a woman.

As for why people hate/dislike het, I can think of a number of possible reasons; trouble relating to it, a perceived "impurity" of a straight relationship, dislike for/disinterest in men or male characters, bad experiences, plan distaste for the subgenre, etc. Personally, my own androphobia, coupled with too many of my friends and acquaintances having been raped, has made me dislike het to the point of hating it. My subjective feelings are that men and male characters are boring, and seeing straight relationships bring negative thoughts, emotions, and memories to mind, regardless of how happy, healthy, and consenting the relationship is.

I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are people who express the sentiment, though. x)

Wow. You're the first person to give me a concise, straight (lol) answer. Not one part felt under-informative, and your facts and similes were terribly easy to understand.
If I was grading this answer as a teacher, I'd give you a 10/10 plus bonus marks.
Are you on the Dynasty Scans Discord? I feel I could have a lot of scintillating conversations with you.

Phemon
Image Comments 12 Apr 00:39
joined May 24, 2015
49233951_p0

Nice to see this pair get more recognition

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 21:41
joined May 24, 2015

This is getting heated, which I did not mean for it to be. I suppose creating a discussion thread about something so broad on a platform where it could be misunderstood on so many levels
I suppose I should delete this before it gets out of hand. Sorry if I caused anyone stress

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 21:34
joined May 24, 2015

And GendolIkari, while trolling as a uploader is funny and all, it is not what this discussion was intended for

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 9:35PM

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 21:32
joined May 24, 2015

Okay, I realized this topic was the wrong one to create on this website. All it created was hostility because of the background of each user being completely different.
It created misunderstandings, for which I apologise Nezchan. I suppose an online forum isn't the best place to have serious conversations

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 21:27
joined May 24, 2015

a lot of people come here looking for yuri and only yuri

And that's the whole reason I started this. WHY are people looking for yuri and only yuri?

Because...I'm not het and want to read romance stories I can relate to with people who are, at least on that level, like me. It's not really complicated.

Well I for instance am a straight male and enjoy reading yuri (and on the off chance yaoi as long as it's not NSFW)
You do not have to have the same sexual preference to enjoy literature. Would you stop reading a book because you found out there's a straight relationship in it?

So you ask why I look for "yuri and only yuri" and then shift the question to your preferences in your reply. That's not discussing in good faith.

I never once said you had to have the same sexual preference to enjoy literature and I'll thank you not to put those words in my mouth. I answered your question regarding my motivations specifically related to yuri.

I'm speaking from my preferences because they are from my perspective.
You literally said "want to read romance stories I can relate to with people who are, at least on that level, like me" is that not correct?

Think about it: if people hate het manga, they're on the same level as real gay bashers (OKAY OKAY not as horrible as those cretins, but along the same basis.) A group of people hate a certain group of other people just because of the prevalence of a relationship that they don't agree upon

Wat.

Exactly what I said. "A group of people hate a certain group of other people just because of the prevalence of a relationship that they don't agree upon"
Sure, gay bashers may have other reasons (unethical, religious, no family, etc) but that's not the point

I think you're reaching incredibly far in order to paint people who don't want dudes in their yuri (particularly in a romantic context) as being some kind of extremists. It's a bad look and I don't recommend pursuing it further.

I never tried to paint them as extremists. Whos putting words in someone else's mouth? What does "that's not the point" mean to you?
Also, why do you keep cutting out of my quote "I'm not trying to insult anyone"? Are you trying to paint me as something I'm not?

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 21:10
joined May 24, 2015

Yes, this is a very touchy topic to some people. Past experiences lead to them negatively reacting to things they're uncomfortable with. I'm the same.
But if, say someone like me, one with no bad experiences on the topic, happened to hate het, what would be the reason?

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 20:59
joined May 24, 2015

And that's the whole reason I started this. WHY are people looking for yuri and only yuri?

Because...I'm not het and want to read romance stories I can relate to with people who are, at least on that level, like me. It's not really complicated.

Well I for instance am a straight male and enjoy reading yuri (and on the off chance yaoi as long as it's not NSFW)
You do not have to have the same sexual preference to enjoy literature. Would you stop reading a book because you found out there's a straight relationship in it?

Think about it: if people hate het manga, they're on the same level as real gay bashers (OKAY OKAY not as horrible as those cretins, but along the same basis.) A group of people hate a certain group of other people just because of the prevalence of a relationship that they don't agree upon

Wat.

Exactly what I said. "A group of people hate a certain group of other people just because of the prevalence of a relationship that they don't agree upon"
Sure, gay bashers may have other reasons (unethical, religious, no family, etc) but that's not the point
I'll say again, I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm merely curious as to why they don't decide to read something that's not in their decided demographic.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 9:03PM

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 20:48
joined May 24, 2015

I AM THE WIZARD OF MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON MAGIC

Well, of all the replies I was expecting I certainly didn't expect this lol. Keep on topic, Gendo.

And that's the whole reason I started this. WHY are people looking for yuri and only yuri? Why do people think "okay this person is cute" but then suddenly "oh GOD IT'S A GUY? BLEACH, EYES, NOW."
In retrospect I suppose this discussion is more psychological than I anticipated.
I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just curious

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 8:50PM

Phemon
Why do you hate het? 11 Apr 20:19
joined May 24, 2015

Okay, okay, put your pitchforks down, let me explain.
I just finished reading Usotsuki Lily, a manga that has yuri, yaoi and het in it. I quite enjoyed the whole thing, and read the discussion thread to see what others thought. Dismayed, I saw that many people were annoyed at the prevalence of het and wondered where the yuri was and wanted to read only those chapters.
A little background info on myself: I was primarily a het reader about 5-6 years ago, and switched to yuri once I found Dynasty (though I still enjoy het).
I saw many times in forum discussions of people bashing others for liking a het ship more than a yuri ship, and someone actually complaining about having a MALE SUPPORT CHARACTER. THE NERVE.
I decided to post a message on the Usotsuki Lily board, addressing why people only wanted Yuri without giving this mainly het manga a chance. Here's the first conversation that took place:

Phemon posted:

I don't know why some people are so gung-ho on hating het in this website. NSFW stuff I understand, but stuff like this? How different is a guy from a girl that dresses tomboyishly, if it's not for defining sexual characteristics (pee-pee and vajay-jay) and personality?

How is your home security? Did you train some way of self-defense? You should be extra careful from now on.

Ooh, scary. I'm asking a serious question. Love can take many forms. In manga, I've seen countless men who look like women and vice versa. I've seen girly men and burly women.
I'm wondering why people hate het. If it's just physical appearances, then one should also hate a Butch lesbian, no?

(Edit) every time I've seen someone insulting another genre of romance, yaoi, het, Yuri, whatever, it's always been bashing and ridiculing. They never sit down and explain why they hate it, they just say "____ IS DISGUSTING AND YOU SHOULD FEEL HORRIBLE FOR LIKING IT DON'T @ME"
It's rather childish, like someone not giving a reason because they haven't thought of one
Look at me, I don't like yaoi, but I enjoyed it in this. Sure the risque parts were hard to read, but I enjoyed Ten and Haiyou's relationship progression
It just frustrates me that many people denounce a whole sub-division of literature just because one of the characters has a little junk in his trunk.

Some literally threatened me instead of giving reasons. Are some yuri-only people that xenophobic?
That's what led me to this discussion thread. Again, NSFW het I understand you disliking. But what about regular stories, where the person's sex really shouldn't be one of the defining plot points?
I'm genuinely curious about what others think. Please let me know what you think (if, of course, you have something constructive to say. Don't just say "het lovers are the worst" and not explain why)

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

Phemon posted:

I don't know why some people are so gung-ho on hating het in this website. NSFW stuff I understand, but stuff like this? How different is a guy from a girl that dresses tomboyishly, if it's not for defining sexual characteristics (pee-pee and vajay-jay) and personality?

How is your home security? Did you train some way of self-defense? You should be extra careful from now on.

(Edit) every time I've seen someone insulting another genre of romance, yaoi, het, Yuri, whatever, it's always been bashing and ridiculing. They never sit down and explain why they hate it, they just say "____ IS DISGUSTING AND YOU SHOULD FEEL HORRIBLE FOR LIKING IT DON'T @ME"
It's rather childish, like someone not giving a reason because they haven't thought of one
Look at me, I don't like yaoi, but I enjoyed it in this. Sure the risque parts were hard to read, but I enjoyed Ten and Haiyou's relationship progression

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 7:58PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

As a guy who primarily only read het (I'm straight) a couple years ago, but then got converted into a Yuri worshipper (this is the first het series I've finished in a long time), this whole thing was quite a pleasure to read
Hell, even the yaoi chapters didn't make me feel uncomfortable.
All I'm saying is that if you like romance, whether it be Yuri or yaoi or whatever, I suggest checking this out. If you're that opposed on reading a manga with guys in it, perhaps you and the main girls boyfriend are very similar...

Phemon
Image Comments 07 Apr 00:31
joined May 24, 2015
C_dnbgluaaeldq6

I thought it was just each holding their own hands (like Chinatsu had Akari in a bear hug) but they're double hand-holding <3
Twice the lewdness

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

Okay, 2nd time using this very helpful topic.
It's a KyouSaya doujin (that is, Kyouko and Sayaka from PMM), and it starts very saccharine and fluffy, but the reality is that one of the two died, and other's gone crazy and holed themselves up in their house (along with the corpse of the other °-°)
It's very creepy and nothing like the stuff I usually like (I'm a vanilla kinda guy) but I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD.

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

♫ A girl walked up to her very best friend
And she said to her friend, that very best friend
"Hey!" bum bum bum
"D'you ever schlick?"♫
That's the tune I hear in my head every time I read that phrase now. Thank @Okami, now I can never take that scene seriously anymore.

last edited at Apr 3, 2018 10:10PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

The sex felt a little out of place, what with the story of an off-track model student getting back on track after reconciling with their best friend turned lover (one of my fav tropes btw).
Then BAM, smash-cut to them about to do it. Maybe a little context would be nice, like model student-chan saying "I don't want to go home yet" and her friend inviting her to a "sleepover"
Plus the sex scene's art and dialogue seemed very stilted. Quite surreal comparing it to the rest of the work
Eh, all in all it was quite a nice read!
On another note, I feel we need a "best friend" tag. We have childhood friend but nothing for best or extremely close friend. I love the feeling of one girl wondering if it's weird to fall in love with someone whom they've gotten to know so well and the ecstacy of knowing they feel the same way

joined May 24, 2015

This is the type of stuff I'd expect from Mochi Au Lait. Though I guess Bright-Cheery Amnesia is along the same veins

Phemon
Practice discussion 29 Mar 23:33
joined May 24, 2015

All this is missing is Airhead-chan rolling around on her bed thinking "OMG, my heart was pounding so much! It would've been awesome if she actually meant it!"

joined May 24, 2015

That scanlation team name is second only to the Manga Rock's app producer: "Not a Basement Studio"
And I agree, @Ghost Shogun. The lack of YouChiko saddens me greatly