Forum › Posts by motormind

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, what a mess. Who is calling who to help who for what? Who is speaking in the end? What is this about?

Hey, speech bubbles do have a function, you know. It doesn't help if you just throw them around willy-nilly.

last edited at May 17, 2022 7:11PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

On second thought, this manga should have ended with chapter 12. What a hot mess this turned out to be.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I hope for Rinne that Kanon never finds out what she said to Saki, Seeing how Kanon responded to Saki's offer it should be very clear that Kanon wouldn't be all too pleased.

motormind
School Zone discussion 05 May 07:18
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Man, I can't wait until we move as far away as possible from the twin drama arc. Wake me up when this story starts being fun and light hearted again.

Some actual progress would be nice too.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What a boring ending....

motormind
Future discussion 21 Apr 13:56
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, that dark-haired girl has quite the supple neck...

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ah, so Neko's story continues. I especially love how the town she's in is obviously based off Onomichi. It's pretty stylized, but I can still recognize some of the locations I have visited myself. Neat!

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
Breakinguptheband

You're mean, Chisato!

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, how did this become such a snorefest? Why the heck would I be interested in that brother and his crush?

Dropped.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So yet another yuri ship tease manga ends without resolution. We sure get a lot of those.

motormind
Ikoku Nikki discussion 10 Mar 09:46
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Man, how I wish Emiri were the main character instead of that personality black hole Asa.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I don't see anything serious going on between any of the girls, so I don't know whether the "love triangle" tag makes any sense (unless sharing a drink is somehow a euphemism for sex).

That said, I mostly like this because of all the shots in and around Chichibu (and some Kawagoe). I've been there a few times while I was in Japan, so it's fun to point out all the locations I recognize

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So what started out as a cute shoujo-ai ditty has now turned into some convoluted story about revolution shenanigans....

Nope, not interested. Dropped.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Tbh, the slowburn is amazing

Actually, it's more like a strategy to stretch out the story and churn out as many chapters as possible before readers finally drop the work out of sheer frustration, leading to the the publisher canceling the whole thing. Really, I have seen enough works like this meeting the exact same fate, and it's never a pretty sight.

Well, time will tell whether I'm right or not. I, for one, am getting thoroughly bored with this.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

A shield? That's called a cable. Looks like the translator (or maybe even the original author) doesn't know anything about guitars.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

There is progress. Both Shino and Nozomi are growing as people.

They have been doing the same song and dance for at least 80 chapters now, so I'm not really seeing it. They get closer, then talk about the dead guy, get upset and move apart again. Rinse & repeat.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I still can't believe we're almost 6 years with this manga. The art improved so much since chap 1

Yeah, but there is still zero progress.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Is it just me. or are their feet getting bigger with every new series?

motormind
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 09:57
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What, it's over already?

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I seriously suspect that this manga is mainly used as an excuse by the artist to draw train stations. Not that I'm complaining...

motormind
Sister Play discussion 08 Nov 10:24
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ah, Marimite. After all this time I am still in awe how Konno managed to string her audience along for years, constantly hinting at actual romance between the girls throughout dozens of novels, only to end the series without even one couple arising. That has to count for something.

Really, even this doujin goes much further than Konno was ever prepared to go. Well, I still love Marirmite though. My crush was not on Shimako though, but on Yumi. Yup, I like my waifus goofy.

last edited at Nov 8, 2021 12:53PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ah, Enoshima. So many memories. I don't remember there were quite that many bunny rabbits there though.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Could anybody explain what is going on in this one? I would highly appreciate it, because I have no clue.

motormind
School Zone discussion 04 Oct 15:14
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Holy schlamoly, Yokoe... those are some self-esteem issuee you've got there. Therapy, anyone?

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well... the phrase "It is I" instead of "It is me"

Saying "It is I" is still wrong, and it only ever done to parody someone who is overly dramatic (like Leclerc in 'Allo 'Allo). The flub appears to have been fixed now though, but I would suggest they get someone to proofread the text before release.