Forum › Posts by motormind

motormind
Piquant discussion 21 Sep 22:08
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So they're tearing the place down with students in it, and without warning? There were still students walking in and out, and it did seem to take them by surprise. Shouldn't they be redirected to a new building that would have to be there first as well?

I am all for suspending disbelief, but come on.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So Sakurako and Kasumi's important moment in the train ends with ... a shrug.

Well, if even the author doesn't seem to care, I don't see why I should care either.

last edited at Sep 13, 2022 7:00PM

motormind
School Zone discussion 12 Sep 15:41
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So far there is no evidence of Kei being attracted to Rei. Quite the opposite.

If that is true, then this manga is basically just about a bunch of unrequited crushes of girls on other girls. Well, that's boring, but unfortunately not unprecedented.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wait. I never thought about it but, how do a Slice of Life manga ends ? There should be some big event before it ends right ?

The standard solution is a meteor impact.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Yay. Another useless chapter about characters we don't care about.

Kuzushiro, will you ever learn?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

And no time was being wasted. I like it!

motormind
School Zone discussion 31 Aug 12:42
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ironically, it's a smaller gap. Hell can you really call it age gap for one year ?

Of course not. Kishiya is right in Fuji's strike zone. At least, I hope she is. Because after almost one hundred chapters my patience is starting to run a tad thin, and I think some progress has to be made by someone somehow. I'd prefer for Yokoe and Sugiura to finally work out their issues, but I will take Fuji and Kishiya for the time being if that is what's on offer.

motormind
School Zone discussion 31 Aug 09:13
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Unless there's a university that labels itself as a high school, she's pretty conclusively a high school student.

The sign clearly states "高校 (koukou), so it's obviously an escalator school aligned with a university (Seiran Academy in this case). These are actually pretty common in Japan.

Of course, this means that Kishiya was not all that truthful. Was she trying to impress Fuji? If so, what for? Just to mess with her? I hope for poor Fuji this is not the case.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 9:15AM

motormind
School Zone discussion 30 Aug 20:02
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Actual forshadowing

Where's that from?

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Am I the only one doesn't like Shinohara, Like, at all? C'mon, Heke... you don't need to put with all of that crap.

motormind
School Zone discussion 15 Aug 16:11
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

There is no way in Hell Kishiya will actually come to the festival, and I really hate to see what Fuji will go through then.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The guitar Ren is playing looks like a Lava Me 2. Style!

last edited at Aug 15, 2022 1:36PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I think Kasumi and Sakurako need a good beta couple to show them how it's done.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ah, they're visiting Venus Fort and the Daikanransha in Odaiba. Too bad those won't be around for long anymore.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Nice. Can't wait for the finished version.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So Kaoru just kisses a random girl she met at the station? Well, that's ... actually a bit weird, to be honest.

And "ドトン ドトン" (doton doton) is obviously the sound the train makes, so it doesn't make sense to translate it as "clamoring."

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 1:04PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What? Here I am thinking they're already low-key dating, and then we get this? I sense another Stretch coming up.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
Fleshfang

YOHANE!

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I can attest that Mt. Buko is a bit of a bitch to climb. I didn't see any bears though... although I didn't see any deer either.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

You know, Saori... Shizuku is right. Being hit all the time is kind of annoying, so could you please stop doing that? Hugs and kisses tend to have a way better Return On Investment.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 1:56PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, what a mess. Who is calling who to help who for what? Who is speaking in the end? What is this about?

Hey, speech bubbles do have a function, you know. It doesn't help if you just throw them around willy-nilly.

last edited at May 17, 2022 7:11PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

On second thought, this manga should have ended with chapter 12. What a hot mess this turned out to be.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I hope for Rinne that Kanon never finds out what she said to Saki, Seeing how Kanon responded to Saki's offer it should be very clear that Kanon wouldn't be all too pleased.

motormind
School Zone discussion 05 May 07:18
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Man, I can't wait until we move as far away as possible from the twin drama arc. Wake me up when this story starts being fun and light hearted again.

Some actual progress would be nice too.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What a boring ending....