Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That wasn't too bad. While it would have been nice to see Masaki actually find someone, the story did what it was aiming for.

Meh, too short.

Yeah, it should've been at least 30-40 chapters.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

what i mean is that i might forgot about a manga that was ongoing so i left it to be finished.....now i don't remember the name...but it will be much easy to search for complete manga......

You could do like I do. I specifically have a list for mangas I intend to read once they're finished releasing and I just check through it once in awhile to see if anything has finished. (Or try to keep track of new releases but that would be a bit difficult if you have a big list.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think the two of them are probably more intimate in that scene than if she'd walked in on them having sex, to be honest. They're clearly focused entirely on each other, and there's this comfortable sense that they're welcome in each others' personal space. I only wish I could convey half that sense of closeness in my own work.

I'd be inclined to agree actually. And considering how their relationship is throughout the story that sort of intimacy seems a lot more likely for them too.

I mean Ebisu clearly is running her hand through Hotei's hand

This is what I get for making a post shortly before going to bed, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thought it had a satisfying ending nonetheless ian. :)

Same here, it's obvious at the end Shrimp Mayo knows exactly how Hotei feels, and has come to love her in return. She almost explicitly says as much, and of course the extra makes it that much more clear. I'm pretty happy even if I'd been hoping for another kiss.

That line where Ebi-chan pretty much says that is probably one of the best lines I've ever read in anything, lol. And I pretty much agree. It's made clear enough, though something a little bit more concrete would have been nice. Though I'd think Hana walking in on Ebi and Hotei is fairly concrete. I mean Ebisu clearly is running her hand through Hotei's hair, they're very close to each other. Girls are of course more likely to be in such a situation with one another with it being innocent but that sort of situation just doesn't seem to fit with Ebi-chan's personality at the very least.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 12:54AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That felt like it ended way too early and didn't deal enough with their individual problems. It didn't even touch on why the mother died and how their family splintered over that and kept whatever issues between Mikage and her father that made Tomoe so strongly oppose her going to his workshop alone as nearly complete subtext. Then the ending didn't actually DO anything. We don't know if Tomoe got into the college she was aiming for, we don't know how things will develop between her and Mikage, we don't know what Mikage intends to do in the future, we also don't know what has or hasn't changed with their father after all that occurred. At the very least we should have gotten either a more in-depth ending or a timeskip ending to show where they ended up in a year or two. Also after the little issue between Mikage and her friend whose name is too long for me to remember at the moment (Tanagaya something or other...) her friend more or less just disappears from the story and is only even mentioned a couple times after that.

Another thing that kinda rather bugged me in the end too is that Tomoe didn't feel the same about Mikage as Mikage did about her and, especially after the issues with Kujou, what is implied in the ending really makes very little sense at all. Tomoe was having a break down from the fact that she felt the two people she most valued in her life betrayed her because of their actions (more or less both of them sort of forcing their feelings on her the way they both went about it really) then she just sort of gets reprimanded for it by being told she's forcing her own values on others so she just sort of gives in or something. That's just awful.

It really feels like there's maybe half the story there should be. The backstory should actually be fleshed out some more , their problems should be actually dealt with, and the ending shouldn't be so ambiguous and nonsensical. For a story claiming to be about rebuilding a family, there sure was little rebuilding going on. Dealing with their backstory and problems would be an important part of that. As would Tomoe not magically seeming to do a complete 180º on her views about Mikage and Kujou's feelings for her and their subsequent actions over those feelings.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

No, that's never supposed to happen. It is a common oversight, but if you notice any specifically please do point them out here.

Alright, I'll be sure to let you guys know next time I come across any. I can't give any examples at the moment though because they've all been ones I found through the random chapter deal on the front page so I didn't keep track of them.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Speaking of manga statuses I've been noticing several lately which seem to have no status at all making it unclear whether they're complete or not. Is that supposed to happen?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 02 Apr 09:03
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The fact it was an April Fool's deal completely escaped me at first (it's 6am on the 2nd for me) and left me feeling completely confused at such a random development at first, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That made me laugh more than I expected, how is Cocytus? I don't think I go to a happy place when I die, better choose my place in hell before the best spots are taken...

Nice and cold!

(No, not atheist. I simply don't like the idea of a lot of religions. They are all basically the same fucking thing, leading to the same place, but have variations because of culture. If religions can't go beyond the 'mine is better than yours' mentality I refuse to associate with any of them)

I just go with apatheistic agnostic or simply "not religious" when people ask me. Don't know if there's a deity, don't care if there is. I'll just do the best I can regardless. If I felt the need to change my actions due to the existence of a deity I would just be lying to myself and everyone around me.

And to the person asking if Buddhism is a religion: depends on who you ask. I believe it is a life style choice (way of life), but some argue it is a religion.

I think most people classify it as a religion but from my understanding it is simply a way of life and you can even follow any religion under its tenets.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

"OK, so two cats can't get married if they want to get married, but then a guy can go murder 14 people, molest five kids, then go to fucking prison, and accept God and He's going to let him into heaven? After the fact that he did all that shit? See that's all horseshit to me, that don't jive with me."

Well obviously if you repent your actions (or simply ask for forgiveness from what I understand) you'll be forgiven unless you have gay sex, denounce God, or commit suicide. In those cases you'll burn in Hell no matter what because apparently those are somehow the worst crimes imaginable. If that's the case I hope I can reserve a spot in Cocytus. I hate the heat.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh sweet! I wonder how long it'll take until the world realizes horses will not start eating each other because a same-sex couple wants a kid.

You've got it slightly off. What people like to claim is that if we allow same-sex marriage then next we'll allow marrying animals. Because that's totally not a slippery slope fallacy or anything. Also I've read a surprisingly large number of news articles where a person was allowed to marry an animal or even an inanimate object so I see that claim as even more moronic personally.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't know if you've realized what you've written xD You're talking about giving birth or having an abortion, afterwards getting a cosmetic operation just so that she seems like a new person and returning to the same company. This isn't some spanish soap opera.

A makeover isn't cosmetic surgery.

I'm almost positive that Mihashi left because of the pregnancy either for maternity leave or because of what Emi said. Another (and very probable) reason is she got transferred because of her affair with the section chief, he most likely has the power to do so. Plus he was married.

She was already intending to quit due to all the rumors. Plus on top of that she was outright rejected by the person she was actually interested in and was pregnant. I seriously doubt she actually stayed and was forced to transfer or something.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Actually though. I understand those that say they just don't want the experience spoiled by the process of scanlating (which I can empathize with immensely), but any complaining about slow releases is uncalled for.

If that's what they meant then I can understand but the way they worded that post comes across totally differently to me.

If the group is getting paid, that's one thing. They're trading their time for money, so they better be reliable for that time. Volunteer work is a whole 'nother thing, so long as no promises are made.

I'm pretty sure Kawaii Scans doesn't make any money at all. There's ads on their site but those are probably to try and cover the server costs.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yep, don't hold your breath for the next chapter either. It will take them 6 or 7 years to complete it looking at how quick they are with Virgin's Empire (or anything else, really).

Chapter 01: Dec 2010
Chapter 28: Mar 2015
Chapters published: 105

If you have a problem with it then you could always find a way to help yourself you know.

I've been part of an anime sub group in the past and I wouldn't help a yuri scanlation group in a million years. It would be the single worst thing I could do to my health.

I'm really proficient at editing (image edition, video edition, encoding) but not releasing a single thing for months is a deal breaker.

I'm fine checking this place once a day to find nothing or some crappy release, I just assumed that we can't have nice things.

Er... correct me if I'm wrong but did you just use slow releases as justification for not helping which would be something that speeds up releases?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yep, don't hold your breath for the next chapter either. It will take them 6 or 7 years to complete it looking at how quick they are with Virgin's Empire (or anything else, really).

Chapter 01: Dec 2010
Chapter 28: Mar 2015
Chapters published: 105

If you have a problem with it then you could always find a way to help yourself you know.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dream Story discussion 29 Mar 06:03
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

One Sunday date per month? She agreed fast.

Well it's better than no Sunday dates per month. Also she's probably still in shock over the whole situation plus on top of that suddenly having a relationship and being open about it to her girlfriend's friends. She seemed to be a fairly quiet(ish) girl in the first place.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I had this exact same issue a few months ago, lol. It ended up taking me even longer to find though because I thought it was just a one-shot so I ended up skipping over all of her stuff.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 27 Mar 19:14
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh no, don't mind us, just keep going there with the off topic discussion.

That is to say, talk about stretch or elevate yourself to nirvana.

Sorry, I didn't see any of that stuff until after I'd posted and realized there was quite a few more new posts than I thought.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 27 Mar 16:59
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I can't help but find funny when people discuss about lolicon, like Rosenakahara said most of them don't even have realist proportions, they're not real child, but someone always make a big deal of it, lf it was something "worse" like guro i would understand, but lolicon? Somethings I feel that they just don't want to admit they also like lolis.

How is guro worse than lolicon? Just because one appeals more to you than the other? Both are completely fictional and so long as they stay that way there's no actual problem with either.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

probably referring to the cram school pair.

Oh right. They end up playing such a small role (and their story isn't even concluded) that I completely forgot about them.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Side characters who coicententally show up having the exact same problem as the main character/s? Check.

Wait, what was this one? I reread this reasonably recently but I don't remember anything like this at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

For anyone struggling to figure out where the other parts are since they're in a different series (like I was), you can find those here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/were_aiming_for_love_now_side_a
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/were_aiming_for_love_now_side_b

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Would have been nice to know Ono-san's reason for crossdressing since the club president didn't seem to pressure him into it unlike the other two.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I really didn't care for this (for some reason it ended up in my to-read list, not sure why) but pages 23 and 24 of chapter 2 completely make up for the rest of it being awful.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Girl's Ride discussion 23 Mar 02:25
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rereading this, it's hard to write off the romance as merely subtext. It's clear that Sen is taken by Nan right from the start, and by chapter six Nan is clearly falling in love in return.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girls_ride_ch06#6

It'd have ended on a better note with them at the very least admitting their feelings to each other though. The ending doesn't feel quite right to me with them having failed to at least do that much.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 2:25AM