Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The ending was totally worth the weird dissonance between Michika and Mari's art and such. Completely unrealistic but absolutely hilarious to see.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
ReMy Heart discussion 21 Apr 05:49
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Remade Directors Cut version of http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_heart#1

Well that explains a lot. I was wondering why it felt so familiar.

Also is it just me or does the leveling for this one seem really off?

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 5:49AM

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That seemed utterly out of character. This is one of the reasons I really dislike the idea of doujins in general. All too often the person writing it doesn't have an adequate understanding of the characters' personalities and makes them do things they wouldn't normally do.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 17 Apr 05:56
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I had always felt that it was simmering under Kazama's surface and trying to ignore Sumika. Tis how I always felt about her.

Just to be safe spoilering this: In the flashbacks to when they first became friends, Kazama seems to take Sumika's claims that she's not cute very seriously. I think that due to taking her claim so seriously she never really considered whether Sumika was cute or not until after she learned how Sumika felt about her.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 17 Apr 02:33
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm confused, most people don't have timeskips? I assumed we all did...

I dunno what they're all talking about. I once accidentally fell asleep on my timeskip button and napped through the entirety of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Lily Love discussion 16 Apr 22:31
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

jesus fuck my heartpenis cant take this shit

That's even more confusing than whatever the hell a nutbladder is.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 16 Apr 14:56
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

So if the candles were the correct number she's either 25 or 26 and Ran is 2 years younger. Don't know if they mentioned their age before.

I was hoping someone would count them. I really didn't feel like counting stuff at the time I read it yesterday, lol. Keiko's my age or a year younger and Ran is the same age as my sister coincidentally.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The fireflies seemed random, guess overall the ending wasn't that good, well the last page didn't end bad either. mixed feelings.

Fireflies fairly often symbolize the souls of the dead. Also apparently in Japanese culture they can symbolize passionate love. So under both of those circumstances it makes a lot of sense.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 16 Apr 00:57
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Also that's a rather small box...based on it's shape I'm going to guess either a necklace or earrings. But who knows. I do know that since this is Shou that present which seems totally blown-off and nonessential right now is going to play a huge part in some pivotal point in the series sooner or later.

Out of the two a necklace seems a bit more likely. Boxes for earrings tend to be square or slightly elongated. That was fairly long and thin. Though boxes for necklaces tend to be thinner or closer to the boxes for earrings in my experience so it may not be either one.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 15 Apr 12:53
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That would be Kazama... >.>

Yeah, that's her name. I can never remember it for some reason. Sumika and Koi are the only names I can ever remember without being in the middle of reading it, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Let me generate a random value here on Excel hmm okay nice OOOH it landed on this one right here!
So, uh... Have fun!

Wife and Wife http://dynasty-scans.com/series/wife_and_wife
Strawberry Shake Sweet http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strawberry_shake_sweet
Chatting at the Amber Teahouse http://dynasty-scans.com/series/chatting_at_the_amber_teahouse

These are some of my all-time favorites.

All of these are pretty good. I think Strawberry Shake Sweet is the worst of the bunch overall which is saying something since it's still quite decent. (The story as a whole was good but the ending especially was a bit strange in my opinion.) Also for other suggestions: Anything you haven't read yet. More seriously though Blue Friend which isn't on Dynasty unfortunately Dandelion Among Lilies (does anyone else feel it should be amongST?), and Twin Dake are others I didn't see suggested that are decent.

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 1:08AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 15 Apr 00:59
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Any good angsty yuri favorites, y'all?

Also Sasameki Koto.

Especially that one scene where what's her face throws such a fit she ends up putting her arm in a cast for awhile.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I just noticed what looks to be a typo in the bottom left panel of page 159. I think it should say Mihama rather than Senpai.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Fragtime discussion 14 Apr 10:22
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MAL says there's 18.

Oh, now that I think of it I think there's a chapter 0 or a #.5 chapter I forgot about.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Fragtime discussion 14 Apr 09:43
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's been awhile since an update was had for this story, does anybody know how many chapters are left?

There's 16 or 17 chapters in total if I recall correctly. Someone has posted a link to the site which published the manga in Japanese earlier in the thread. You can find that to double check the number's correct.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Loading... Forever! 13 Apr 12:51
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Try clearing your browser's cache or ctrl+f5ing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

@ alice cheshire: your nick come from the book or from a (strange) manga i read just yesterday?

Assuming you actually mean Alice in Wonderland (most people assume that my name being Alice comes from Touhou annoyingly) then the book, yeah.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blue Friends is a great story. Blue Friends 2nd Season is also interesting but nowhere near as good. Out of curiosity though, why is it that nothing from Yurikai can be hosted here? I haven't really seen anything that explains it and the group looks to be pretty much dead now too.

They were invited to join the reader at its inception, and declined.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense then. They might have thought the reader wouldn't go anywhere. Has anyone thought about asking once more if they can get in contact with them? Might be worth a shot if it means there's a chance stuff like Blue Friend can be seen by more people.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blue Friends is a great story. Blue Friends 2nd Season is also interesting but nowhere near as good. Out of curiosity though, why is it that nothing from Yurikai can be hosted here? I haven't really seen anything that explains it and the group looks to be pretty much dead now too.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 11 Apr 20:32
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

you know the story doesn't just end happily after love confessions and going out, I think that's where the real thing starts!

This is probably one of the most obnoxious parts to most yuri mangas in my opinion. It's incredibly rare for a story to cover the lead up to the relationship as well as the relationship itself. The ones that cover the relationship itself can be a bit better since they often at least have a flashback to them getting together but that's still only a little bit. That's why Girl Friends is still one of my favorite yuris. (Other than the fact it was the very first one I read and is still good regardless.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

!st

Numbers really need a capital version to avoid this issue. I've done the same thing so many times out of sheer habit that it's annoying.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

But honestly, to me, she tells a better story in 8 pages than many others can tell in 40 or even more.

This is exactly why the length should be irrelevant. Even in this story, the goal wasn't for Masaki to get with her senpai or anything. It was to tell their story which is what happened. If any length really needed to be added to it I'd say it simply needs to go a bit more in-depth in the backstory. Though despite how lightly it was touched on it's made fairly clear there still. The actual story itself is only 12 pages but those 12 pages accomplish quite a lot.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chapter 18 of Wife and Wife (spoilered just in case someone hasn't read it) is tagged as marriage. That could be considered a spoiler just as much as this. Also the marriage tag alone doesn't even necessarily mean that it's about the main characters themselves. For all we know it could mean they attended a wedding and it was an important event in the story. (Speaking of which, chapter 53 of Sasameki Koto should maybe also be tagged the same for those same reasons.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
gravity discussion 09 Apr 12:18
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

She can't really understand why her girlfriend is betraying that (and her) and it tears her up, so she blurts out whatever without thinking.

It's completely understandable from my point of view why she'd feel betrayed. I'm completely baffled how the other girl can be so utterly dense though. It's made quite obvious that if she kept that shit up she'd be likely to not just destroy their relationship as girlfriends but likely even their friendship itself. She shouldn't have let things get so far that her friend felt that way. (Can't remember names because it's been awhile since I actually read this one. From the name I was actually mixing it up with another one even. That's Midnight Gravity though after checking, not Gravity.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Lily Love discussion 09 Apr 12:11
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

they're making my nutbladder hurt.

What in the heck part of the body is a nutbladder??