Forum › Posts by Dark_Tzitzimine

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The summary for episode 4 is live on the series' site and while it reveals some very juicy stuff Lady Lady vs Zero Arm there's a bit that doesn't sit that well with me due the possible implications Mamori mets the Governor and can't stop thinking about him

If is being played straight (heh) it kind of undermines her moments with Mirei on the past episodes.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Fun chapter although the art felt odd for some reason.

I hope something happens soon though, the joke is starting to wear thin.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lily Love discussion 28 Oct 17:54
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Chapter 22 Raws

Donut's mom!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Real cute but I wonder how it will hold up on the long term.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Here you can listen the latest one http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/vdm

Older ones just on NicoNico

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Considering the choices, I can't help but wonder what was the age range from the participants.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hot

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The newest radio show has gone live and this is what they discussed

In this week radio they confirmed that the BDs will have audio commentary by director Kaneko. And that the BDs will be uncensored just like the AT-X version. They said that ep 3 will also have Mamori's VA audio commentary.

They start by looking back on ep 3 story. Izawa was touched by the scene where Mamori cried for her parents and she said she cried when she first read the scenario. They talked about the difficulty of properly conveying the emotion in that scene. Both Iguchi and Izawa really like that scene. They also joked about how bright the censorship was.

In mail corner someone asked them about which character they like. Iguchi said she like Seto Asami, aka, Charlotte. Izawa also like Charlotte by second episode, she said Charlotte is like someone they just can't hate. Izawa said she likes Charlotte mouth. She said her mouth is cute like hamster's mouth.

Actually before answering that question they said something about Lady Lady kissing Mirei in ep 3 and Mirei will show her frustrated face and looking more girly or something. I think they mistake the episode number because I sure didn't remember seeing Lady Lady kissing anyone. They could be talking about a scene in ep 4. Can't really blame them for misremembering though, theres 5 months gap between the episode recording and the radio.

Second mail asked them about the ending song recording. Iguchi record her part first. She said she recorded the part at the end where they talk really fast in one take. Izawa said she could go faster.

Third mail asked Izawa whether she have told her Mom and suggest to do it while being in high tension or while rapping. Izawa said she thought maybe she can get away without telling her Mom. Iguchi asked her if she's okay with it, with VD being her first protag role and all. Doesn't she want her Mom to watch how much Mamori have grown within 12 ep and hear her thought about it? Izawa just screams inaudibly as her response.

I have to wonder how hard is to tell your mom, you're being paid by pretending to have sex with other women :p

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is amazing to see the art evolution over the time and Churio is best T.Rex girlfriend.

Dark_Tzitzimine
New Game discussion 26 Oct 22:31
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now I'm real curious about Valkyrie Drive's reception on Japan.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bonus points about MamoMire, Mamori dropped the honorifics this chapter.

Also, both Mamori/Mirei and Rain/Lady J have eye and hair colors reversed.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Those are adorable, now someone needs to typeset them xD

Done. no one else has done it right?
I messed up the background a little...I was probably distracted by the fact that I finally learned how to rotate text on this program, I also changed a couple words for...some reason. you can tell I haven't done this in a while...I should sleep

Great job, thanks!

I finally have access to a decent computer so my impressions on episode 3

The series keeps the momentum by mixing action with plot exposition. We finally know more about the life in Mermaid just like we get to know a little more about out current adversaries. Charlotte is essentially just a huge bully that just loves to flaunt her power while Kasumi is a pretty level headed and sympathetic woman whom only fault is to being loyal to a (possible) faulty system.

Mei Fong proves herself to be a very interesting and rounded support character while Torino fits the team mom role perfectly. Lady Lady are our very sexy wildcards while Mamori and Mirei keep being adorable. Is fantastic the way their relationship is developing and I'll be real sad if we don't get some honest to god cuddling between them at some point in the series. I mean, Mirei's utterly smitten with Mamori.

As long the series continues to keep the quality set by these three chapters I believe we'll have a masterpiece on our hands.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So far I honestly don't think there is that much fanservice. Sure some scenes are 100% only to show boobs etc. but most of them can be somewhat fit into the stories world, that it doesn't seem totally out of place.

I still stand by my word: Worst magical girl transformation ever.

I can somehow buy it that those transformations actually happen in split second and they are just shown for us in slowmotion, but I can't buy ultra fast sex xD Unless they actually prefer to watch than stop them x3"

Main character powers it seems. Charlotte uses a pimpmobile to get ready to fight after all.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Crossover!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sometimes it pays off to be on 4chan

Charlotte is weak as shit.
Victory has made her weak.
Peace has broken her bones.
Charlotte thought lesbianism was her ally, but she merely adopted the lesbian lifestyle while Mirei was born in it, molded by it, she didn't see a dick until she was a grown woman and by then it did nothing but disgust!

XDD

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

CUTE!!!!

MamoMire just go buy some bras.

Eeeeeeh?!
Mirei-san, you don't know about bras?!

This is no good!
Even though you're so bi... well developed!
Let's go buy some together!

Underwear store
Mirei-san!

How about this one?

If Mamori is choosing, then anything is fine.
Nod
Wow, really? Then let's take this one!

Maybe I will...
...buy one that matches.
...Just kidding...

(Bells and stuff)

Wah! Mirei-san?!
W-W-W... What happened?!

One year after the first episode.

Hey, Miss Virgin.
Did you forget your own gym uniform?
(It says "Shikishima" on her chest)

That's wrong~ It's not "virgin"~
E-Erm... this is not a mistake...

Yesterday, Mirei-san turned 16...
...so we got married.

Yesterday
I'm 16 now.
Please be my bride.
Eh?! Y-Yes!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Marvelous shared the latest details on Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, an upcoming PlayStation Vita action title by Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, that will have you pair up girls that can transform into weapons.

In battle, you’ll get to press the square and triangle buttons with the right tempo to pull off a variety of combos. Combos can be done on the ground as well as in mid-air.

Pressing the circle button does an upward swing, holding down the circle button does a knockback attack, the R button does an evasive move in the air and ground, and holding down the X button puts the “Phantom” feature to use.

While in Phantom mode, you’ll get to move at super high speed while taking out a bunch of enemies around you. This feature will let you close the gap between you and the enemy, and works on the ground and in mid-air.

Taking damage in combat will result in costume breaks, and they can even destroy your entire outfit if the attack is strong enough.

By continuing to attack enemies, it’ll raise your Liberator and Exster Synchro rates. The Exter Synchro rate can fill up your Drive Gauge, and have it evolve four times. The more it evolves, the more powerful it becomes, as the girls transform into more beautiful and destructive weapons.[/quote]

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/22/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-details-more-of-its-battle-and-costume-break-systems/#POeW7r1lWyykiIoh.99

The Phantom and circle mechanics add a new layer to the gameplay and serve pretty well to diferentiate it from Senran. Specially if there isn't a jump button as the writing implies.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My favourite pair so far is Lady J and Rein. We only got to see them a very few moments but their dynamic is quite interesting from the few moments that I've seen. But I think they will barely get air time, prob 5 seconds each episode or something. I was seriously waiting more for their appearance, rather than care about the main character's story. I'm not particularly fond of the stereotype of overly shy and weak protagonist. And the Tsundere loner, also a very cliche type for a main character

I think problem with this type of animes is that they confuse the audience. Most people come for ecchi, but then there is plot and that can be annoying ti those who only watch it for the hentai parts, who my guess is, they are the majority. People who want action will not choose it either, because someone can not just ignore all of the flashing and focus on the plot. So the plot automatically can be labelled as "ridiculous" by those who actually care to watch it for the fights/ story development. Plots are wasted opportunities in animes like this imo. Just like Seikon No Quaser that had a very good story but the boob thing was really undermining it.
I will watch the next episodes, but I think after some point it will get predictable and the fights will be just fillers to make a show about flashing boobs. A show depends a lot on its characters, and from the few that I've seen, the characters are very typical and overused in anime already

Keep in mind they're still setting up the characters and the context. Lady Lady are prominent on promortional materials and the OP so I'm sure they will be major players on the show.

I don't think Mamori and Mirei are so much cliches as being "realistic" characters. Mamori is our audience surrogate and she acts mostly like a regular person would do when dragged into this insanity, while Mirei is utterly effective in combat but a pitiful mess at social interactions, not unlike a child soldier would act.

I've been following the reactions to the episodes on 4chan and I must say the reactions are pretty balanced, you got the people in just for the echii, people genuinely interested on the plot and a mix of both.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Tons of new Bhikkhuni screenshots. It seems there are four levels of transformation between the pairings, the higher the level, the better weapons you get and "bolder" transformation scenes

www.famitsu.com/news/201510/22091220.html

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

^ Also a her btw, in case you weren't joking (:

I am shocked and appalled that you would besmirch his overpowering masculinity like that!

Indeed, just look at him!

And yes, most likely the remaining islands are being saved for sequels.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

^ Also a her btw, in case you weren't joking (:

I am shocked and appalled that you would besmirch his overpowering masculinity like that!

Indeed, just look at him!

And yes, most likely the remaining islands are being saved for sequels.