Forum › Posts by Dayominator

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

wow wholesome

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I love this series. I like the side stories it follows. I don't understand people calling it boring when it's just a slow burn. Not every series is going to be straight to the point with everything. That's not how real people are, either. I might feel differently depending on how it ends but I think it's been shown clearly Uta and Kaoru don't really know what they want, and it's their own confusion that keeps them from getting where they need to in their lives

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

good... end ..?

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I should have known from the author that the story was going to be hot trash. They prioritize het relationships over anything else, makes it never worth reading them, but I thought 'hey maybe this one will be good' but nah. ditch this nonsense.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this one makes me wish it was a series, or longer, cause I feel like a slightly longer build up to the relationship would have been nice and it seemed kind of interesting with knights and such.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

magic babies

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

YOOOO guess what series just got a localization announcement from VIZ!!

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1107087911541972993

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

the bi woman missed dicks so she went out to find em ,
the end .

this is why we should never trust bi women lolol

please for the love of god stop slandering bi women. that's not at all what has implied to have happened here and this nonsensical kind of hate is just toxicity at its finest. these kinds of situations can happen in any relationship regardless of orientation.

anyway it was a sad realistic read. it's something that could have been solved with communication but that can be hard for people.

Yeah, i was wondering why the hate ?

It's called bait and you all fell for it.

bait or not it should be called out and addressed as it's targeted harassment. if there was a report button i'd gladly use it but we don't have one, so drawing attention to it is the best we got.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

the bi woman missed dicks so she went out to find em ,
the end .

this is why we should never trust bi women lolol

please for the love of god stop slandering bi women. that's not at all what has implied to have happened here and this nonsensical kind of hate is just toxicity at its finest. these kinds of situations can happen in any relationship regardless of orientation.

anyway it was a sad realistic read. it's something that could have been solved with communication but that can be hard for people.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

oh good gravy i want more from tMnR... I love their art, their ideas for stories even non-romantic like this one.. i crave it cause they just seem like they have so many interesting ideas

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this chapter was a whole lot of feels man. please let kotone realize she is normal and get a girlfriend.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I don't know if I'm prepared for the emotional roller coaster we bout to go through after this.

Also I still think the story cheaped out with the whole cheating husband.. literally the most generic and weak plot point in any unrequited romance series. but at least the Happy!End seems more likely

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Unrelated to that aside, these two chapters turned my opinion about the series and I'm excited to see where it goes from here. Hime and Akira are precious, I want to see the slow build to their relationship being something a little more... if Hime can build up the guts to tell her.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Calorie Monster

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Hime is very tomboyish for sure, but I hope that's not her defining reasoning if she comes out as a trans guy especially after being called a "boy" because she's outwardly aggressive. That'd just be sort of poor writing in my eyes as it just plays into gender stereotypes to begin with. minor nitpick, I guess, but I hate the concept that you have to act stereotypically feminine/masculine to be trans. Mermaid Line with Ayumi and Aika handled this REALLY well for how short it was. Will be interesting to follow though I suppose.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

more robots more robots more robot yuri specifically but I'll take this casual subtext

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

holy shit Ooshima Tomo doing original work I could cry.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Good lord the dialogue is painful to read, it's so cringe worthy but the premise is interesting.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

That ending came so abruptly I thought I'd missed something and re-read the entire chapter. Shame it had such a rushed end, I really enjoyed it otherwise.

Dayominator
Earth Girls discussion 30 Dec 23:59
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

SPOILER ALERT

If this is legit then tag your spoilers dude. Not cool to just leave them out in the open like that.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Anyone who feels they've read a similar premise might be recollecting Shitsurakuen, the series where women in high school are treated like objects by men. This one might still be worse though since Shitsurakuen at least had something resembling a good ending and was at least partially pleasant to read at times.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

the one true canon in DDLC. bless this so much. now where's my monika x female protag

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

lying is bad tho

it's not lying, it just seems like she's shy/bad at expressing herself freely. sometimes it takes a while to warm up to the person you've just started dating.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

eh... I wanted to read more of this and really give it a chance but I just can't find the enjoyment.

The whole blackmailing thing feels forced to move the plot forward. personally it would have been more interesting if the two were friends.

Already some sort of nonsense love triangle with one angry girl who's jealous, dance class crap that doesn't even feel important. it just feels all over the place and the main character isn't even really likable. He couldn't even speak up when the chick blackmailing him was telling him to buy all this expensive stuff? Sorry but like your livelihood should come first, makeup isn't worth not being able to live.

there's just too much there that feels completely disconnected and pointless especially when every character so far feels worse than the last. I was really hoping it'd be an interesting take on someone who wanted to express themselves and be comfortable with their ideal self but instead it's just constant drama already.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I like how the first chapter has the same story as yesterday's yaoi release.

boy traumatized by guys who likes to dress up in feminine clothing
ends up in same dorm as them

new ideas pls