Forum › Posts by Nari

Nari
By My Side discussion 02 Oct 00:32
6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

First of all I want to know who hurt Murasakino. Secondly it's about to be 12 in the morning and I'm whining like a little baby.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Chapter 5 is so on point. I really hate people exposing VTubers' real identity just to gain attention. I remember there was this one guy on YouTube exposing them sa blatantly, I'm glad he's reported now. You liked the Vtuber because he/she was fun to watch not because you wanna marry the person behind, so the idea of being disillusioned because you don't like how they look irl, is completely on you.

Yessss that! Not sure if anyone cares but, the whole point of Vtubers in the first place is liking their personality and persona. Most of the time they aren’t even playing their characters anymore, but because their personalities matches so well with their persona you could barely tell the differences between what’s reality and what isn’t. And 99% of the time videos of Vtubers “breaking” out of character is them talking about a sensitive or serious topic. Again, they are playing a character, but you can tell they genuinely enjoy the job that they are doing; in a way where everything feels enjoyable. And even if they eventually break character, you still have that connection as a fan who is there to support them as a fan, and only a fan. You aren’t special and posting videos about who is behind the screen, or knowing that information doesn’t make you special either. Sorry not sorry.

Nari
Citrus + discussion 22 Sep 00:09
joined Sep 2, 2021

Yuzu should break up with Mei. She just give her more without any reciprocate. My heart is breaks for Yuzu to see her suffering.
Mei had a week to do her f work, forgot her fiancée's birthday and not even try to change or be better for sake of Yuzu. Maybe a little bit... but It feels a truly one sided love.
Mei character is not improved, morover is worse than before, still an emotionally crippled person who would screw with anybody who is pushing her a little bit, like happened with Amemiya sensei. About Yuzu... Yuzu is an intresting toy for her which is recently discovered, do not know what to do with it, where to place it, so... when needed she takes out, when not, put back into the drawer.

I hope you are joking because... Yuzu isn’t* suffering, I think her smiles at Mei(talking about work) is like a wholesome smile. In a way Yuzu likes it when Mei is studious. Mei didn’t forget about Yuzu’s birthday, their mother had business to do so she was going to delay the celebration; she had Mei tell Yuzu. Needless to say, Yuzu was pretty bummed out about it. But no one forgot anything. And lastly, tell me what you have against Kuuderes.

last edited at Sep 22, 2021 12:09AM

Nari
Citrus + discussion 22 Sep 00:02
joined Sep 2, 2021

This was an adorable chapter.

Yuzu really cranked up the gay in this chapter and is pretty heartwarming to see how much she loves Mei. That said, I don't think she was really wanting to fuck but rather she was just doing all the corny shit she undoubtedly picked up from an extremely fluffy shoujo manga.

I disagree with the idea that Mei is cold or uninterested towards Yuzu, it has been clear for a while now that she also adores Yuzu but she just doesn't know how to properly express it and her laser focus on living up to the Aihara's family name has left her completely lost when it comes to romance. But she's really trying to learn for Yuzu's sake.

Also, I love how Sub draws them looking older now.

Oh, and thank you so much Megumiaki for joining Chaosteam as the series' translator.

This right here, you deserve this cute flower(oh crap they don’t let us put emojis, we’ll imagine a cute pink flower)

last edited at Sep 22, 2021 12:03AM

Nari
Citrus + discussion 22 Sep 00:00
joined Sep 2, 2021

I understand that Mei is a cold person, both in expression and feelings; and yes that can get annoying sometimes. But I cannot just brush past the many events that happened in the book.

Mei has not always been depicted as as a "cold person"--quite the contrary. She has been depicted as a very repressed person who hides her vulnerabilities, but Mei's initial characterization in the original series was that she was a highly passionate person underneath all that repression.

She was not always portrayed as someone who was profoundly clueless about other people's feelings, either. The basic emotional dynamic of the initial series was that Yuzu not only helped Mei open up about her feelings but also helped her to channel her previously untapped passion into an affectionate relationship with her stepsister.

That's why the trembling, socially clueless, sexually naive Mei of Citrus + is so frustrating--the issue isn't that the two don't have sex (although even Matsuri thinks that step is long overdue), it's that Mei seems to have regressed in maturity by about a half-dozen years and also to have forgotten why she ever embarked on a relationship with Yuzu in the first place.

And to clarify--I'm not criticizing Mei Aihara as an imaginary person; I've always thought that Mei was by far the (potentially) most interesting character in the series. I'm criticizing the author's execution of Mei's characterization, which I think has been inconsistent and basically a botched job ever since that second arranged marriage came out of nowhere.

You’re right. I know this has been said a lot, but I agree with it so I’m going to say it again, Saburouta forgot how to write Mei as a character.

Nari
joined Sep 2, 2021

Maple Corndog is so friggin good... that’s all I gotta say. Never tried it with honey, but still sounds good.

Nari
Citrus + discussion 19 Sep 16:27
joined Sep 2, 2021

I really love this series and have no plans on dropping it, but I feel like Mei was especially deadpan this chapter, like she regressed a little. I get why she works so hard, and her realizing that while washing the dishes was nice, but her stopping herself from hanging out with Yuzu seemed off this far into the series.You'd think that this far along she'd learn to take breaks, especially on her lovers birthday. And then, when she finally does spend time with Yuzu, she just kinda sits there while Yuzu cuddles her and it just all seems very one sided. And then when she talks about the weight being lifted from her heart, she dosen't even crack a smile. She says it so robotically, which would have been fitting earlier when she's learning how to be in a relationship, but not in volume 4 of the sequal manga. Similarly, Yuzu basically have to explain to Mei why being given affection by your lover feels nice, even if you're already in a relationship was so flat for this kind supposed character development. The only time we see Mei show any emotion in this supposedly touching chapter is when Yuzu kisses her ears and she blushes. I honestly love these characters and their dynamic and Yuzu has clearly matured, I just wish that after all this time we could see Mei reciprocate a little more, thats all.

Mei thought lovers liked hearing “I love you” because she tied to it being insecure about the relationship. But Yuzu tells her it’s just a form of affection and that it feels nice to hear it once in a while. With that in mind, you get the sense that Mei is confident in their relationship she didn’t need to hear “I love you” nor say it to Yuzu. Again she perceived Yuzu’s feelings in a wrong sense. This chapter again shows her slowly becoming aware of her duty as Yuzu’s lover. The scene where Mei feels weight being lifted off her heart doesn’t need a smile for readers to know that she is sincere about what she said. Readers just need to know that Mei said it, considering what you all said, “She is robotic” Robots don’t have feelings, they cannot express feelings. Mei does not express her expression, but she is slowly expressing her feelings. I’m defending Mei, because there were so many times in the Manga(Main) where she has expressed facial expression or showed her vulnerability to Yuzu/others.

By the way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I am in no way trying to tell anyone to change their mind about Mei, think what you want. I am solely complaining and just analyzing the book. Again just so we’re clear, I am in no way stripping anyone of their rights to their opinions. I am just disagreeing and complaining on my end. I understand that Mei is a cold person, both in expression and feelings; and yes that can get annoying sometimes. But I cannot just brush past the many events that happened in the book.

(I just felt like putting the disclaimer, because there have been many times in a discussion where people misunderstood my intentions. I’m just a salty lil sodium, lmfao.)

Nari
Citrus + discussion 19 Sep 12:26
joined Sep 2, 2021

People dislike Mei because she isn’t ready to think about sex yet? How annoyingly rude. If you losers tell me Mei has had no character development nor does she have a personality, then don’t even try and tell me that you’ve read Citrus. Because you know that’s a lie. Citrus is a story to read, not a story to read for sex. If Saburouta does not want to draw a sex scene then she doesn’t have too. If sex is the only thing defining the change of Mei’s personality then that’s the most shallow thin-headed thought anyone’s ever got to think of.

In this chapter from the moment Mei told Yuzu, she has work to do instead of hanging out all day, you could tell she realized how she sounded like a workaholic; hence her quick pause, and her face of realization. To which Yuzu tells her it’s okay. After awhile, Mei took a break from work and planned to hang out with Yuzu because she couldn’t resist waiting. However, Mei paused and decided to go work again; fighting the resistance. Those 2 scenes itself is a huge development for Mei. As she’s learning and becoming aware of her duty as a lover along with considering Yuzu’s feelings. Mei used to do and say things without considering Yuzu’s feelings, most times she’s done more harm than if she would’ve just told Yuzu. For now Mei has had great development, in the communication department.

Yuzu is a great girlfriend, she spends her time considering Mei’s feelings and making sure Mei is comfortable. She isn’t obsessed with the idea of having sex with Mei as much as the readers are. Yuzu comprehension and patience with Mei is a super wholesome thing. Both of them are really trying for their relationship.

And most of the readers just sit there whining about how Mei isn’t ready for sex yet. Tch.

Nari
Image Comments 18 Sep 21:34
joined Sep 2, 2021
E_hpk5dvuaat8ci-orig

Actually I struggle with shipping Baal x Yae or Baal x Sara, because I can’t decide. Legit YaeShogun and SaraShogun art looks so good. But Negom legit said, who cares.

joined Sep 2, 2021

“I’m certain I would have fallen in love with you even if you were a guy.”

aaaaaaaaand dropped

People can’t be bisexual? Geez. Even though this might imply she’s bisexual, it can also imply: even if she’s very gay; she’ll still love the gal as a guy, to express her love. It’s not the gender she loves it’s the person, for her.

Nari
Image Comments 13 Sep 23:03
joined Sep 2, 2021
3uhywuf

Works like a charm

Nari
Image Comments 13 Sep 23:00
joined Sep 2, 2021
67319176_p0

Awe :<

Nari
Image Comments 13 Sep 22:57
joined Sep 2, 2021
92675788_p0

Plot Twist: Human gal pretends not to notice nor see so Demon(Succubus?) gal would, continuously lick her ear.

I say this is a Win for both.

Nari
Image Comments 11 Sep 05:11
joined Sep 2, 2021
E3qitykvuaevqak-orig

Fluffy hair

Nari
Image Comments 04 Sep 02:44
joined Sep 2, 2021

Adora the airhead, how are you supposed to continue now

Nari
Image Comments 04 Sep 02:42
joined Sep 2, 2021
E9kh6pjxmaqwflv-orig

I knew that Kougi was good at replicating the art style of LLS, but still it’s too good. Still amazes me.

Nari
Image Comments 04 Sep 02:40
joined Sep 2, 2021
Ezhuit8xmaiimw8-orig

^^Oh yeah, almost forgot that Keqing is just a normal being, sad.

Nari
Image Comments 03 Sep 21:32
joined Sep 2, 2021
92211696_p0

Beautiful

Nari
Image Comments 03 Sep 21:31
joined Sep 2, 2021
92484514_p0

Lmfao Klee is smiling, perhaps she thinks it’s a surprise party.

Nari
Image Comments 03 Sep 21:26
joined Sep 2, 2021
E-fy09cuuaybgbj-orig

It’s good to see fanarts* of this series.

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 2:46AM