Forum › Posts by ChikyuuNeko

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Clearly the demon lord changes according to the heroine's preferences. :P

But in that case, shouldn't they've taken the form of a busty ojou-sama? :D

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

English is not my first language and something in the internet must have broke me cause for some reason whem i read the title Lass i hear it in my mind with a scottsh accent

Not wrong, though I'd say the stereotypical Scottish term would be "Lassie"

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Evie with the quick genital check, nothing to see here. Hopefully finding the demon lord having become a girl will convince her that the story CAN be changed though, because if one of the primary love interests has suddenly become a girl, why couldn't other things change?

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This is quite cute, I love how they are instantly flirting from their first meeting as well. Looking forward to the rest (and craving some peaches now)

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Rio drama aside, I'm excited that they seem to be getting a little more physical

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

So in a better world, this is how this chapter should've gone, Arata Iri eccentricities excluded: (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/comprehensive_tovarisch_extra_yuu_and_kanna#5)

I've also thought a lot (too much) about this chapter and skim read a bit of the next part in the LN and I will definitely drop this now. I just realised that what I wanted from this story was a romance with some comedy about a "straight" girl being turned. But whilst the first few chapters were kinda following that line it has become somewhat dark now and I don't like that anymore. I wanted to like Aya, but I just can't anymore, she's acted shitty and even reading about them "resolving" their issues later I just felt nothing but disgust and anger. If a romance story makes me wish that the main couple does NOT get together ever then it has failed, at least for me personally.

I also hate how in a story whose premise is that love between girls is cool and possible, all established lesbian characters seem to be sexual predators, really great representation...

Anyway, enough ranting, everybody's got different preferences and levels of tolerance and I'm not blaming anybody for enjoying this story, I just needed to vent because I am honestly extremely disappointed at the turn it has taken.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I sincerely ask this not to be contentious with other people (because I found it pretty uncomfortable too), but to the people that were saying this scene was Rapey, how do you coincide that with her suddenly wanting to pleasure Aya?

My two cents is that regardless of Marika's internally conflicted feelings, she told Aya in absolutely no uncertain terms that she didn't want to, and it's not Aya's position to attempt to read Marika's mind, let alone make the decision about her conflicted feelings for her. It is extremely not okay to initiate sex with someone who firmly, repeatedly says no on the off-chance they might get into it after the fact.

Very much this, but then there's also the fact that we're not sitting on the jury for a rape trial, but reading a story here. So rather than passing judgement on the people, it is more about looking at the story itself and in this context, I think it's especially bad that the story mixed what should have been an important moment (Marika becoming honest enough in her attraction to actively reciprocate sexually) with a beginning to the sex scene that is just by all means rape because until that point Aya has no way of knowing that Marika wants to have sex, quite the opposite with her repeatedly saying no and that she's scared, etc.

So my main problem with this is not even that Aya did a shitty thing (which she did), but that after a revelation that should make her more likeable she does this and thus essentially spoils what could otherwise have been a beautiful moment in this manga. In all honesty, that's just tonal inconsistency and bad writing in what is supposed to be a romance story

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, on the one hand a big info dump that was supposed to paint Aya in a more sympathetic light, on the other hand a very, very rapey sex scene (though it was, admittedly, still hot) which makes me like her much less
I'm not trying to play moral police and say that Aya needs to be cancelled because she did bad, but still, the overall vibe I'm getting from this chapter is a person who's become more than a little messed up by something in the past, resulting in her now having very warped ideas about relationships and boundaries. So overall, really somebody more suited for therapy than any kind of romantic relationship...

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Love this chapter as always.

Regarding the father, I think it's fair to say that the series quite clearly reflects Japanese social standards in having the father largely absent from childcare and automatically assuming that housework is to be done by women (hence Miss Sunflower taking over after her Grandma's death) I don't approve of this at all and I don't know if the mangaka does, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, it would be fair to say that they just wanted to portray a "normal" Japanese family situation (albeit with very dysfunctional adults) Also, it seems like the father was always more or less absent (which can be seen in chapter 96 where Miss Sunflower thinks of him as living in a different world than the one she lives in) And while that's certainly not good parenting in any way, it was apparently less traumatic than their mother, who was likely much more engaged with them both practically and emotionally, suddenly leaving.

The sudden deep cut of her departure has thus left a much bigger scar than the constant dull pain of the father's disconnectedness.

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 6:27PM

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I actually quite liked this chapter, Kyou is a very sympathetic character and contrasting her and Shiho did a lot I think. There's definitely something in Shiho's character that leads her down a dark path, even before becoming so obsessed with beating Kyou and I disagree with those who say this chapter is supposed to somehow justify her being bitchy etc. It certainly gives context and I feel like I understand her better, but it doesn't fundamentally change anything about her actions, no character who she hurt before suddenly forgave her or anything. Sure, Hima is all crying and touched, but she was already convinced that Shiho is actually a good person before, so that's nothing new really.

To me, Shiho is a great tragic character who is deeply flawed, often unlikable, but who gives you the feeling that maybe under different circumstances or if they'd taken some different decisions, they could be a very different, much more happy and likeable person.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Looks a bit generic and probably won't be a masterpiece, but seems enjoyable enough. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story continues

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I feel for Waitress-san, she got so absorbed in the story it would be outright cruel if she didn't get to hear the continuation of their story

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This series is just way too precious, seeing young Miss Sunflower's trauma spelled out like this hit surprisingly hard and its interesting that she, rather than being attracted to the previous Miss Sunflower, rather had some sort of mum-complex towards her that was weirdly wholesome?!

And then we even get her reminiscing about Matsuri and how much she means to her in the same chapter, I mean, argh my poor heart can't take this ToT
I already loved this manga before but now with each new chapter it's consistently moving towards my all time favourites

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

So after rereading and thinking, I agree that "jealousy" is not quite the right word. What bothers Kurumi is that Ruriko seems much closer to Rio than she is to Kurumi despite only knowing her for a month; she lets herself banter/be annoyed with Rio while she always maintains a polite distance with Kurumi (recall this has caused issues in their relationship before). It's very notable too that Ruriko calls Rio "Rio," no honorific, while she still uses "-san" with Kurumi even though she's known her for far longer.

Combine this with the fact that Ruriko never mentioned Rio to her before now, and I think what Kurumi is feeling is the crushing realization that she isn't nearly as close with Ruriko as she thought she was.

To add to this and to what Koveras has posted above, I believe that her awakening, not yet conscious romantic feelings towards Ruriko also play a role here in that she not only wants to be close to Ruriko, but wants to be THE CLOSEST to her, an aspiration that Rio just completely shatters. I really hope this will lead to some more introspection about the nature of their relationship in the next chapters with Kurumi realising that she wants more (though I doubt she'll figure out that she wants something romantic immediately)

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

SHE SAID THE THING

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I think some people misunderstand the reason for Kurumi's jealousy, she's not just jealous because Rio is there with them (although she does seem to regret inviting her to sit down) but because Rio evidently knows a side of Ruriko that she has little to no access to. Ruriko speaks informal with her even though she still calls her own wife "Kurumi-san", she has obviously discussed romance with Rio too, which Ruriko and Kurumi haven't (for obvious reasons, as Ruriko is 100% seriously into Kurumi), etc. So I'd say its less that Kurumi believes Rio is going to snatch away her wife, but rather that she's shocked how a seeming stranger can have so much more intimate knowledge of her wife than she does

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Elsa you glutton.

Tbf, Elsa's thought process is usually "Yvonne does literally anything" -> "OMG, I need to marry her"

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Rio pretty clearly hinted that Ruriko has been constantly pining for Kurumi, which she might have picked up if she wasn't so busy being jealous of Rio for being close to Ruriko

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Gosh, this manga is seriously too cute, I just want to squeal every time I read it.

I'm also fine with Ayame and Shou, there's plenty of lovely Yuri pairings in this and it's not like their age difference or anything is much different than Miss Sunflower and Matsuri.
But can we talk about accidental womanizer Fuuko please? That girl might say all those chocolates are from teammates and friends, but considering how oblivious she was to the obviously smitten senpai, a fair few of them might actually be having crushes on her too :D

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Just want to say that what ultimately pushes Nanao to make the reservation is the idea that she might get to have sex with Asumi, naughty girl.

Paradoxically though, doesn't this development actually reduce the likelihood of Nanao and Asumi actually hooking up in the story?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Love this series, but that ending came with some serious whiplash. Like, we're still in the middle of the problems with Lin Luxi's mom and then boom, it's over.

Anyway, all up for part two where Comrade Lin Luxi rises steadily through the ranks of the Communist Party on her way to dominate the central committee and rule over the country with an iron fist.

Also am a little disappointed at the credits page, I wish it would have been more serious. 5/7

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021
9hrmee75spj81

Ah yes, the only type of gay conversion therapy I can support

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Another lovely chapter, love the outfits as well, Jing Xiu in workout clothes is so hot.

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love this manga, the storytelling is on point. Let's see Saki talk about her "ulterior motives" in the next chapter and being all surprised Pikachu when Kanon turns out gay for her as well (I haven't actually looked at the raws, so this is just how I picture things going)

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Miyako definitely meant "like" in a romantic way, I think it's actually really well done how you have her visibly stopping, considering for a second, then realising that she actually "likes" Suga and immediately vocalising that thought. It all fits very well with her character and is a prime example of showing without telling imo.

Suga however probably genuinely means her reply in a friendly way for the various reasons others have stated. It's also interesting to see Miyako's reaction to that, where she interprets the reply and looks maybe a teeny bit disappointed (?) but immediately recovers and seems to to resolve that this is a good enough start.

Also:

Hatomori x Ruri

I didn't know that I wanted this but GOD do I want this to happen now