Forum › Posts by BoobTwinkler

BoobTwinkler
School Zone discussion 23 Oct 14:41
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

WTF are you doing Kei. She was trying to not be completely worthless once in her life and you make her regress back to her cyclops form. Sure it might be awkward at first but if you can love the original, you can easily learn to love this slightly improved version.

I think it's a lot more heartwarming that Kei would rather Yokoe stays the idiot self she naturally is rather than change into someone less annoying just because it would be normal.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

isn't kinda the point of this manga?it makes uncomfortable too tho not that i don't like her it's just weird,i'm not really a fan of ecchi at all i guess but i like when the "ecchi situations" involve both of them

One of the trademarks of this series is that it has almost zero visual ecchi—it’s nearly all situational. It’s a real achievement for a series to be so incredibly lewd without actually showing anything more revealing than an ordinary (non-ecchi) manga beach episode.

Hino may see Koguma’s panties, sideboob, nipples, etc., but we readers almost never do. In regard to the visual aspect, the ecchi is mostly in the readers’ imaginations.

Pretty much this. Their relationship is really cute, and they are the same age, so it's fine. All the little tricks Hino plays on Kogu are fun, and their soft D/s relationship is sweet.

It just makes me uncomfortable when they frequently mention how "childish" Kogu's body is and then show her in sexy poses half dressed.

There have been a number of times in this series where the focus shifts away from their mental games and Kogu's embarrassment to Kogu's body, and it makes me uncomfortable every time. Examples being: that time Hino wanted to touch her "childish" legs, that time Hino rubbed "aphrodisiac" on Kogu and she was in very suggestive poses with her clothes half off, etc.

Just expressing my personal discomfort though, especially having glanced at Kinniku Tarou's pixiv. I still love these two, I could do without that whole dynamic though.

That sounds to me more like the "issue" of sorts is on your end than the material itself tbf. You may be reading a bit too much into the work from a meta perspective?

Koguma blatantly has a complex about feeling like a child because her body isn't particularly developed, but most of the time the whole point of their risky fooling around is to reinforce to Kogu that her body is perfectly fine and she shouldn't feel bad about herself just for being less visually developed than other girls.

I really loved the swimsuit chapter in particular because the "typical" manga development would've been for Hino to go "I think you're beautiful in anything" but no, it actually did the much more realistic and heartwarming "It's fine that not everything suits you, there's no shame in sticking to what suits you."

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Hold on, shaved ice flavourings are all the same just different colouring?
...Isn't that a straight up scam?

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

That is, indeed, the most awful bathing suit imaginable...

Poor Koguma, that beautiful bikini really didn't fit her - although seeing how it was in Hinos's size, clearly Hino just had her own ideas of what each of them should be wearing.

+1 on the awful bathing suit...

Picking a bikini in her own size was foul play by Hino (which has never happened before, right?), I think in the right size it would have been nice on Koguma as well.

I'm pretty sure there just weren't any smaller sizes of it, Kogu is astoundingly tiny even by Japanese standards so it would be stranger if they had a swimsuit like that in her size than if they didn't. I honestly don't see any reason to doubt Hino's intentions this time. (Not that I'd put it beneath her in general though, she just seemed to be appropriately serious about it this time around.)

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Yeah no, Theo is still a massive asshole and Ganko deserves better. <:(

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Oh dear I can see the ocean of outraged comments on the horizon already...

......Are there really people out there THAT OPEN about being pedophiles???

I'mma go with no, not because no one would be that ignorant but because those who are have probably been lynched by morality zealots shortly afterwards and are therefor no longer around.

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 6:55AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Yuri with smol kinda-goth girlfriend?
I'll have two, please.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

True friends

Your avatar is perfect for this comment!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"I love you"
"Ok as friends right"

USELESS! UTTERLY USELESS!
┻━┻︵ (°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The normal is spreading, if we don't do something soon the whole world will be normal!

Hang on a second... õ.O

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"I like girls but don't worry I'm not into you or anything haha unless?"

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Stop boolying cute doggo grill dammit! T_T

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

You have an adorable little gay fluffball tanuki maid on your doorstep and you put her to work for you?

For shame! You get that cutie a warm blanket, some hot cocoa and like a bazillion headpats right now you heartless bastard!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

If she's gonna pay cookie tax every time she touches Koguma's boobs, she's gonna have to open a bakery once they start dating officially...

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

unless you´re a boxer triying to go down 2 weight classes i highly doubt a diet will kill you ,besides you don´t have to eat a plate of salad every day you can start by changing small things like eat less fast food, exercise on a daily basis, etc the idea that you can´t change your weight permanetly is dumb and unfounded

First of all, I never said that dieting will kill you, I said that if you're always on a diet that actually works, you will continually lose weight until you become anemic and underweight. "Dieting" means managing your food intake in such a way that you lose weight, you're supposed to stop dieting after hitting your goal weight and instead switch to a life-and food style that keeps you at that weight without gaining or losing weight in general.

No one has claimed it's impossible to change your weight, the issue raised was that diets are usually bullshit because they try to sell you the idea that "just do this for a few weeks and you're done" when in reality, you then have to also change your entire lifestyle permanently to one that can maintain you at that weight. Going back to what you were doing before dieting will just get you overweight and in need of dieting all over again, which conveniently means you're back to giving money to the people trying to sell you dieting bogus.

A lot of dieting manga have this flaw, where they will introduce a diet that works for the character but then once they hit their weight goal they just stop and go back to the same behaviour as before, only conveniently they don't gain the weight back because fiction doesn't have to follow rules. Not saying all dieting manga do it, just that it's usually a good sign that the author is writing about something they probably don't really know much about.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Silly girl, you can't assault the willing!

Also, laying together back-to-side in her room every day through summer. #JustGalsBeingPals

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Stop being so mean to dog girl, it's not her fault she's an idiot.
She needs hugs, headpats and a nice girlfriend stat!

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

They have one of the longest average lifespans of any country. They must be doing something right.

Also one of the highest suicide rates and the dubious honor of having a word for "death by overwork".

Yeah, but they apparently somehow have physical heath down even with the crazy standards. Japan really is a fascinating place.

One could argue that being driven to suicide is the ultimate unhealthy lifestyle though.
On account of... you know... causing the end of the life... ^^*

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Diets are usually a trap since even when they work, you're just gonna gain the weight back if you don't change the rest of your lifestyle to keep your weight where it is afterwards. Diets are designed to make you lose weight, not maintain it; if you stay indefinitely on a diet which works then you'll just slowly kill yourself.

Don't take health advice from Japan, folks xD

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

These manga about dieting and weight loss would be infinitely more compelling if the weights in question were actually healthy and not cripplingly underweight.

Everything about this manga is fantastic except for that one little niggle.

BoobTwinkler
School Zone discussion 30 Jul 19:27
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Utsugi is best girl, treasure her more you dumbass lesbian!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

And here we see the migration of the Ghost Goth Girlfriend from one useless lesbian to another.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"Let's go on something that can't go fast"
Gets on Teacups

MISSION FAILED.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Don't lick your wounds people, the human mouth is the single most bacteria-infected mouth in the entire animal kingdom.