Forum › Posts by igenetycs

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

What a great first chapter, gotta love these OL manga, and now we wait two months for the next chapter.
I hope this manga gets the attention it deserves.

Ah - the raws are up to chapter 5. The second and third chapter should be coming within the next week or two.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Alright everyone hit me with your favorite
1) lighthearted
2) finished
3) happy ending
yuri manga, I wanna reread some fluffy fun stuff.

Ikenai Hito

Tsurezure Biyori

The Real Her

Futari

Out of the Blue!

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Is this abandoned?

The translator said 10 days ago "Sorry for the hiatus, the redrawer has been busy with school, but we are still working on it."

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

When it comes to editing - there's really not much to it. I started editing manga about a week after downloading photoshop for the first time in my life.

Ehhhh depends. If it's just erasing speech bubbles and typing text on top, that's pretty simple, you can learn to overnight. Sfx can get a bit complicated, though, as well as color pages. Sometimes even the speech bubbles have complex backgrounds patterns, like flowers. That does require a bit of skill in using brushes, in order to redraw stuff to match the original art. Also, clone stamp, transform tools, et cetera. But I guess if you have a lot of free time, you can learn to do most of it in a week or two. It really helps that Manga is all BW.

That's true - colour pages can be a nightmare, especially if it involved redrawing people, not just background and objects. Redrawing for the SFX is a pain sometimes, but SAD typically leaves the SFX as is. The only difficult part aside from SFX is redrawing when the narrative text is over top of backgrounds. Still, I think about a month at most is all you need if you make sure to put some effort into it.

As someone who has no experience or knowledge about it, how does one go about learning how to do that sort of editing work?

As Cecile said, just download photoshop and practice. I would personally recommend looking through /u/ Scanlations' pastebin of manga waiting to be typeset, picking one that interests you (or just to practice on - doesn't really matter), and giving it a go. For guides, Here are a few:

Red Hawk Scanlations' Guide

AnonBlack's guides

Ruinevil's Guide - This one is probably best for beginners, while the former two have more detailed (and usually better) advice.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I'm really glad to have another chapter that focuses on Akira. This manga seems to have an ever increasing cast, with each new character having their own personal struggles and story to go with it. Don't get me wrong, that can be great, but I really did miss Akira's story for a bit there.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

One could argue that it's the reverse: she thinks so little of Nika partly (or mainly) because she wants them to break up. She basically had a single negative encounter with Nika and has refused to change her opinion of her since then despite all the evidence that she's very serious about her relationship with Kurumi. Kurumi has only positive things to say about her, and she even showed Kyouko the scarf Nika knitted for her. If that isn't proof that she's not some slut/cad just playing with Kurumi's feelings, I don't know what is.

So I think there's some evidence that at this point, Kyouko hates Nika simply out of jealousy. She says she wants them to break up out of concern for Kurumi, but there has to be an element of selfishness to that as well, whether she admits it or not.

I can definitely see where you're coming from here and I think it's a fair interpretation, but I don't see it that way personally. Her negative experiences with Nika (seeing her at the club, fighting with her at school) certainly give her fair reason to be doubtful of Nika's intentions, and Kurumi's positivity regarding Nika probably doesn't resonate with Kyouko, as she's watched Kurumi fall in love time and time again. She also knows about the love triangle business, which is just another reason (in her eyes) why Kurumi should get away and keep away. Also, she didn't learn about the scarf until after praying.

I think jealousy absolutely plays a role here, and a major one - but I don't think it's accurate to simplify her emotions to just that. Thus far, she hasn't struck me as someone willing to walk all over everyone's feelings as long as it ends well for her. I genuinely believe that she believes her prayer was the right thing to do for Kurumi.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I don't know, if Kyouko really love and care about Kurumi like she said, she wouldn't have wish for her to break up.

She's wishing for them to break up because she loves and cares about Kurumi. She thinks Nika is a negative influence on Kurumi's life and mental well being. Is she correct? I wouldn't say so, but she's well intentioned.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Better believe that if i could help, i will have done it but i haven't any experience in that regard. Maybe tired wasn't the right choice of words. I think "sad" will be more appropriate. The first sentence is what i've a problem with. Sexy Akiba Detectives always do great work so i'm happy when they pick up mangas but everytime i see a new manga getting picked up and i know the team is small then i'm worried. It's nice to have projects you want to work on but piling up projects might no be a good idea.
I think it's already nice that some works who haven't been uploaded in a while hasn't been sniped by some impatiens persons (for that matter, i'm also surprised that a certain someone on Mangadex haven't already uploaded chapter of Inu&Neko in random order like he usually does) like what happen with the Yakuza's one. (althought i don't reallyknow what happen with that one)

When it comes to editing - there's really not much to it. I started editing manga about a week after downloading photoshop for the first time in my life. It doesn't solve the translator issue, but having people lined up and ready to work on a series will certainly make a translator feel a bit more motivated to continue it. You could also donate to or commission them if you have money.

The Yakuza manga isn't a great example - it was just a pure snipe. SAD's last release on the series was less than two weeks ago. They are still working on it, the snipers just wanted the attention from having a popular series under their belt. If all they cared about was getting the content out, they would've contacted SAD and offered to help. My personal experience with them has made them feel pretty welcoming when it comes to helping hands.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Okay, but like, don't you think at least ONCE some sort of discussion like "are you even into girls?" would happen? Why is this all focused on her feelings for her childhood friend when that's kinda not really the main issue to get to first?

I guess that IS the main issue for them. Which is nice, really, I like reading stories where people don't constantly question a bisexual character's orientation.

But she needs to establish that she's bi. And the AUTHOR needs to establish she's bi. As of now, it's like the various characters' genders aren't things that affect anything, and that's weird. As it is, I can't imagine Kurumi would really be saying, "Go to him because he's your childhood friend," and not "Go to him because you're probably actually straight."

I'm really surprised you interpret it that way. I think there's an obvious implication that, if she thought she couldn't be attracted to women, we wouldn't have this story in the first place.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Honestly, I get Kyouko's frustrations here. She's in a pretty emotionally exhausting position. It's not healthy for her to stay as the hopelessly in love best friend forever. It's not Kurumi's fault, but it's really fair to Kyouko, either.

Kyouko may seem cruel on the surface to pray for Kurumi and Nika to break up, but it's well intentioned, as she sees Nika as a manipulative seductress who is playing with Kurumi's feelings. If someone I cared about were in a relationship like that, I'd hope they find a way out of it too.

I personally am still hoping for a Kurumi and Nikaidou end. The details of Nika's love remain to be seen, but I think there's absolutely no question that Nika is in love with Kurumi, and the two of them could have a healthy relationship together once this is all put to rest (Cecile's post does a great job summing up all the evidence we have of Nika's feelings).

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Yeah, it was definitely obvious she knew! Not sure how I feel about the third wheel being included in the punishment, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Breaking News!
"So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?" is licensed by VIZ Media! See link for more:

Viz Media Licences Fushigi Yūgi: Byakko Senki, How Do We Relationship?, Mujirushi: The Sign of Dreams Manga

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-04/viz-media-licences-fushigi-yugi-byakko-senki-how-do-we-relationship-mujirushi-the-sign-of-dreams-manga/.151878

Is it why we didn't have chapter in a while ? Or it's just that Sexy Akiba drop it ? Last chapter 4 months ago and right now the raws are already at chapter 31. I really wish someone pick it up. I'm kinda tired of Sexy Akiba "dropping" some titles, like this one or Inugami to Nekoyama.

Sexy Akiba only have one or two translators, and a number of different series they're working on. Unless the translator dedicates 100% of their life to translating, something is going to have to go untranslated. Sorry you're "tired" of it, but you're always free to offer some measure of assistance.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

For people who said that this story is over dramatic, I can say that this kind of thing actually happens in real life.

So real life can't be overdramatic ?

That's not what she's saying at all. She's saying this particular storyline isn't overdramatic. It's a very dramatic narrative, but not in an excessive or exaggerated way.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So, idk if they knew or not, but if Honda-san were a guy, would the parents be as lax about their daughter's whereabouts. Couldn't they have a cab bring her home? Not that I care, since Honda is a girl, and that makes it ok for me

Neglectful parents is just another thing for them to bond over! It all works out.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So I finally sat down and read this, after planning to for quite a long while. I've seen people raving about it here in comments, and to some degree I can see why. There's some good stuff in there.

But holy crap, is it so melodramatic! Maybe it's a function of reading it all at once rather than as the chapters come out, but it feels like all the time one or the other of them says some little innocuous thing that's vaguely related to the brother, and everyone's doing a dramatic turn to the camera while the music goes DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!! And the endless angst about how the other person views them, or whether this is a normal reaction or what have you, and I can't see how they don't spend their time exhausted from all the worry.

Plus of course the continual romance-coding of their interactions, which is simultaneously really nice and a bit frustrating since it seems like it'll never, ever happen. I mean these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something. And I'm pretty sure the author is aware of how it looks, given they have characters within the story taking note of that dynamic.

Still, it's a good read for all of it.

Yeah, the melodrama does feel excessive at times, since their anxiousness and sadness last forever without ever really getting solved. Still, it's a great story about coping with grief and bonding with the people you still have.

Although it doesn’t seem like it because of the slice-of-life narrative structure, it’s only been very slightly over a year since the brother’s sudden and unexpected death. So the rawness of the emotional wounds seems pretty proportionate to me—their angst hasn’t really “lasted forever.”

Both Shino and Nozomi are, given their circumstances, generally fairly reliable and grounded people, so the brother’s loss and their dependence on each other are still their main psychological pressure points.

(When I haven’t read this for a while, I get tinges of weird memory interference from My Unrequited Love and 1x1/2—the parallels being the anomalous domestic situation in the former and the missing male figure in the latter, I guess. But in this one the brother’s death is still quite recent, relatively speaking.)

I agree that in realistic terms, their grief is progressing in a totally normal way. That's part of what makes the series so enjoyable. What I mean, though, is that it feels like it goes on forever narratively, because we haven't really seen much progress on that front so far (maybe we have? It's been a long while since I first read this for me too, so the details have faded). I think part of my frustration when I first read through this was that they're pretty afraid to voice their insecurities. Again, certainly not unexpected considering the circumstances, but frustrating at times nonetheless.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So I finally sat down and read this, after planning to for quite a long while. I've seen people raving about it here in comments, and to some degree I can see why. There's some good stuff in there.

But holy crap, is it so melodramatic! Maybe it's a function of reading it all at once rather than as the chapters come out, but it feels like all the time one or the other of them says some little innocuous thing that's vaguely related to the brother, and everyone's doing a dramatic turn to the camera while the music goes DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!! And the endless angst about how the other person views them, or whether this is a normal reaction or what have you, and I can't see how they don't spend their time exhausted from all the worry.

Plus of course the continual romance-coding of their interactions, which is simultaneously really nice and a bit frustrating since it seems like it'll never, ever happen. I mean these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something. And I'm pretty sure the author is aware of how it looks, given they have characters within the story taking note of that dynamic.

Still, it's a good read for all of it.

Yeah, the melodrama does feel excessive at times, since their anxiousness and sadness last forever without ever really getting solved. Still, it's a great story about coping with grief and bonding with the people you still have.

these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something.

I guess these two do have the same non-romantic life partners feel that the main pair in A Room For Two have, though at least in this case we're not expected to consider them lovers.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 8:46PM

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Question when is the next chapter going to be?
The reason am asking is because I don't know if this series is a monthly or bimonthly,
Or if their are already chapter's out & not translated yet.

Apparently the raws are at least a few chapters ahead.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Hum...Tell me if I'm wrong but , chapters 11 and 12(english) were already released sometimes ago right? Because I remember that I've read them .

That was a different scanlatison group doing a considerably different translation--I'm pretty sure the previously available English translation was from the Spanish translation (that's not exactly high-level linguistic detective work--the panel in this translation that reads "But, even so" was "sin embargo" in the other one).

The dialogue in the two translations is sometimes unrecognizable. . .

Yeah, the individual who did the "me lol" translations was machine translating from spanish to english.

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Isn't sacrificing soul to banish your classmates to the netherworld a bit too much for high school bulies ?

Being evil (at this point, it's outright, stupidly evil) doesn't prevent you from having a brain, does they really think their action will have no consequences ?

The comically evil side girls definitely feel a bit incongruent with the relatively down to earth main pair, which is part of why I like that there's an explanation behind it. It's easier to swallow their shitty behaviour knowing that they are bound by magic to be heartless dickheads.

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart

That's a good point. Witches having dead hearts would explain why all the side girls are such dickheads.

That's poetic, I guess, but it makes zero sense for biology. On the other hand, we're assuming magic exists, so screw biology, right?

Alice's theory is that she started feeling like this after Mari "healed her heart," so I think this is definitely a "screw biology" situation.

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart, allowing her to fall in love (and then she fell in love with Mari).

Mari is obviously some weird special case. She doesn't seem to have a ridiculously traumatic past (unlike the other witches), so she had no special hatred of humanity and displays a much broader range of emotions. The demon calls her "tainted one", which could also imply something is different with Mari.

That's a good point. Witches having dead hearts would explain why all the side girls are such dickheads.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

An office lady who is older than she looks offers to let her younger niece or cousin stay with her while she is in the country for college. The niece is taller now and much more mature looking and they begin to have a physical relationship, the older one starts it because she believes she is lonely and she doesn't want her to leave, but she realizes later that she is in love with her.

This.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Really brave of Kurumi to decide that once for all.
And, in the end, I do hope Nika stay with Jun. Seriously, she's not that into Kurumi, she's just a rebound, that's why Jun is the healthier and reasonable choice. If these girls get together in the end, depends how they make this story happens, it will be too unconvincing.

I really don't see where you're coming from here. There is still some ambiguity on what kind of love Nikaidou is feeling, sure, but I think it's abundantly clear that she has very strong feelings for Kurumi. It can turn out either way, and it'd still make sense to me.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Holy, that last chapter wasnt supposed to make me cry jsdbhasd

I definitely think it was supposed to make you cry. It got me too. Pretty heartbreaking.

igenetycs Uploader
Roomshare discussion 02 Jan 20:43
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Blessed. I love wholesome Kodama.