Forum › Posts by Karretch

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm disliking bro-con prince more and more.

joined Jul 28, 2019

to much male, drop.

Newsflash, ~50% of people have Y chromosome. None of them in this story are romance targets. This is a weak excuse for a drop.

Karretch
Lily System discussion 24 Dec 17:11
joined Jul 28, 2019

Leaning closer into my hypothesis about the machine trying to get her to admit her feelings. Maybe, just maybe, it's even a plot set up by Mizuki.

joined Jul 28, 2019

GLORIOUS XMAS PRESENT! Thank you, WSS, for this wonderful feast.

Karretch
Lily System discussion 22 Dec 06:20
joined Jul 28, 2019

Hypothesis: The machine knows their subconscious thoughts and won't let them out of the system until they confess.
Conjecture: The two "fairies" making out is the system's way to tell them subtly.

Karretch
Citrus + discussion 21 Dec 02:35
joined Jul 28, 2019

Man, it's been too long, and I think I'm starting to develop fatigue with manga where I can't recall things, can anyone point me to the relevant senpai chapters?

Karretch
Lily System discussion 19 Dec 16:39
joined Jul 28, 2019

Well, that answers how the machine knew how to make the "fairies" look like them.

Karretch
SHY discussion 17 Dec 18:14
joined Jul 28, 2019

.... These guys are suspicious as fuck...

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

This extra reminds me, we never got the pay-off of Tundra being revealed to her team-mates. Drat.

joined Jul 28, 2019

oh COME ON! THAT FUCKING CLIFFHANGER! Gah! Author really knows how to string us along.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I hope this isn't seen as offensive but is there such thing as a "cute neet" I always thought the thing about being a neet was that you're a reject. If you're cute you're hardly a reject surely.. In my personal experience you don't have to be ugly to be a meet but you're probably not gonna be attractive and a meet because looking attractive is a desireable quality on itself surely.. Idk, maybe I am well off here but it's hard to imagine.

Well its a manga, not real life, and making the protagonist a hot anime girl with fanservicey shots is a good way to make people read your story.

But also regardless attractive people can be neets, What? Having a face that’s seen as attractive in mainstream society isn’t some guarantee that you’re immune from mental health disorders, or that you’re guaranteed a job and friends. This isn’t some chad vs virgin incel comic, in real life people can fall through the cracks regardless of their face.

Now speaking practically, people with mental health issues like anxiety, adhd, and depression can often have trouble maintaining healthy hygiene habits like showering and changing clothing, I know I certainly have times where I seriously struggle to maintain those habits while going through difficult/stressful times, and a lack of healthy hygiene habits can cause someone to look worse off, but that’s something that can be changed.

You can be a reject regardless of your looks.

plus NEET just means you're Not in Employment, Education, or Training, anyway. being found attractive or not hasn't got anything to do with it because it isn't about "desirability" strictly speaking. it isn't even about mental health although having troubles can cause you to not be in employment or education and not having any income can be a mental health strain. someone could voluntarily just not do anything.

Also, to follow on in a clarifying way, it's not that being undesirable makes you a NEET, it's that the "work before life" ethic we hear about often in Japan means that to be a NEET, and especially voluntarily, outside of circumstances like inbetween-jobs-because-moving or some such is what causes you to be undesirable in the eyes of the people. You aren't being productive to society, so you're basically trash.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Been a bit, but I found a couple more Series that had been unsubscribed from my account.
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/my_cute_little_kitten
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/its_tough_being_neeko

Unsure if this was resolved or not, but if not maybe knowing these two can help.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Cute update, but man, it's jarring seeing an artist forget their own composition on the same page.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch24#13
Kase has the necklace around Yamada's neck, then when she goes in for the nape kiss, her hands and the necklace are behind Yamada.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm also on the "Momoka is at fault" side. Rin isn't perfect, but legit if Momoka just came out and admitted it, there'd be no issue. I find it ironic that Momoka is calling Rin the tsundere when it's herself that can't just come out to the one she loves. Gotta remember that Momoka started this not as an actual confession but a "if you want me to stop going around with boys, play my little game and enter a relationship with me".

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 10:39AM

joined Jul 28, 2019

The king saying 'youre free of your duties' is him saying 'im free of paying military expenses'. What a dick. Well, either way, I hope this will be Soara travelling along with the dwarfes and making new homes. I just wish there was less 'pulling things out of your arse' and more 'constructing something well'.

I, too, felt a bit too much "this just happened" ass-pullery. Where did this 3000 year old tree come from? Why is the building round when the foundation and support structure was shown to be square?

It could be an interesting and fun story concept to follow up on, but already this has surpassed believability in just the first chapter alone.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

... Anyone else notice that it started by going to the kid's house, but then it flipped as if they went to visit the adult??

last edited at Dec 3, 2021 5:42PM

joined Jul 28, 2019

Stuco Pres is really out for blood against who he considers "bad" people huh? Probably thinking he's not as bad as them.

People who do their work based on the concept of "justice" rarely think they are the bad guy. They're the savior, making the world a better place! Why don't you guys appreciate that?! blah blah blah.

If he showed any remorse in the way he was going about this, which would be hard to convey in the story without tipping the proverbial hand, I'd cast him as "I know it's bad, but this is truly for the better, even if I'm considered the villain", but nawh, man, this boy truly thinks he's a Hero, capital H, when he's just a monster.

joined Jul 28, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_sheep_princess_in_wolfs_clothing_ch13#1
Look at the angle her head is at! Is she part owl???

it's awkward, but that's not impossible. Just only the absolute limit one can reach turning head, moving arm forward.

joined Jul 28, 2019

These two are just speedrunning romance tropes HAHA

joined Jul 28, 2019

In one day?!?

It's like the magic cold from sleeping without a blanket or your belly covered, candy causes your teeth to rot at extraordinary rates :P

joined Jul 28, 2019

Chapter 2 is missing a page at the start.

It's not missing, it's just at the end/after the credits. Seems it wasn't named properly when uploaded

joined Jul 28, 2019

I tried to do the reverse split-mirror-letter translation, can anyone make out what the message in the "twista" says?

joined Jul 28, 2019

Man, I'm loving how Ami is just a font of invertebrate knowledge. Just for some reason, this side-character is such a nerd about crawlies that she rivals Satsuki's knowledge about forensics.

Also, Satsuki's savant-ness for math is always fun when it just happens out of the blue. "Just solve the problem, duh"

As to the Prez, I see it as a "justice at any cost" situation, where the cost has no limit, including and especially killing people so they can't do wrong again. Unsure why he went after Seo, though.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 1:23AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Karretch posted:

I have a question regarding about series subscriptions. For some reason over the past few months I noticed some manga I follow and subscribe to for notifications are randomly/automatically being unsubscribed from my account. Is this a feature or a bug?

No, that's a bug. Are you able to share any further info, like what series, artists, etc. that's happening on/to? Are they the same ones repetitiously, or new ones each time? Thank you!

I can't remember if it's repeated for series, and I can't recall all of them, but it's been new and old ones (related to when I subbed), one example specifically that happened when I commented is the Elite Angel series. I can't recall the other ones, but I'll try and make a list going further.

Edit: Catching up today, Hide Your Tears, You Crybaby is another one that unsubbed for me.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 8:28PM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I have a question regarding about series subscriptions. For some reason over the past few months I noticed some manga I follow and subscribe to for notifications are randomly/automatically being unsubscribed from my account. Is this a feature or a bug?

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 12:26PM