Forum › Posts by kittey

joined Sep 5, 2018

^ Well, I guess that’s Mismatch Girls, except for the teenage part.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but maybe also try The Structural Formula of First Love and Hoshikawa Ginza District 4.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 5:33PM

joined Sep 5, 2018

I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

Japanese rarely uses any pronouns so the scanlators have to make most of them up and no matter what they pick, someone will probably complain about getting them wrong.

Can we talk about Mogu-chan's ultra sadistic smile?

What an ass. I loved it. I was worried about Kotone’s reaction at first but it seems like she was fine, so it’s all good.

While Ema and Minami are a great boke/tsukkomi pair (nice inconsistent rings, btw), I think neither of them would’ve been a good choice for Kotone because both of them are way too extroverted for her. Mei on the other hand… ohoho. It was nice to see Mei’s determined side in this chapter too.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I'm looking for some one-shots or doujins about two friends/childhood friends becoming lovers.

Unchanging Days, one of my favorites.
The Two of Us and Apples
Rainbow, short and sweet.
You Were A Girl?! (Sequel)
Nana Yuri. Warning: cute and weird.
Catch! (NSFW)

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 11:02AM

kittey
Kiss Me Do discussion 28 Dec 07:23
joined Sep 5, 2018

pg 8, "we can go sans disguise for today", this sentence confusses me, "sans"?

“sans” means “without”. That’s perfectly fine.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Missing chapter 11 credits:
Translation by AnimeKid121212 on Danbooru (some fixes by Stan Miller)
Proofreading by me (just like all the previous chapters that aren’t full of weird sentences)

Yeah, the sweet smell thing tripped me up too, but as runrin said, that’s what it says in the raw. The smell kanji even comes with a furigana reading aid.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Joking aside, that does bring up the question whether mute girl has not learned sign language, because her muteness happened very recently or whether she thinks it is useles as almost nobody knows it anyway and she can still understand everyone?

This is Japan, where everyone must conform to the masses. Can’t hear or talk? Doesn’t matter, you must be conform.

The following info is from a documentary on a Japanese school for deaf children that I can’t remember the name of.

In Japan, deaf children are forced to learn lipreading and talking. Yes, even without ever being able to hear a word they need to learn how to talk. That actually works, but it’s generally not a happy process and involves endless drills, well, just like everything in Japanese schools (hint: the Japanese school system is kinda crap). The intention is of course that deaf people must be conform to the hearing word. Aside from that, nobody gives a shit about the needs of deaf people.

Besides showing the things deaf children were forced into in the past, the documentary also showed modern approaches that include teaching sign language and spent most of the time on a specific school for deaf children where everyone, including all the teachers, uses sign language from grade to high school and lipreading and talking-without-hearing aren’t taught. The kids love it and are super happy with their deaf classmates, but once they graduate, the harsh reality is that nobody outside the school can understand them.

Regarding this story, it’s quite possible that Mashiro hasn’t learned sign language, though it’s strange that she hasn’t learned lipreading/talking either. Either it’s indeed a recent thing or the artist is going for the moe appeal or the artist has no clue about what deaf people learn. Maybe future chapters will show.

Edit: Nvm. I must’ve been half asleep when I wrote that because Mashiro isn’t deaf. -_-,

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 7:53AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

I think the title is telling us where it’s going. So far, it hasn’t been mentioned that Honda is lonely, but it’s in the title, so it’s probably important and I’m guessing that her main driving force is loneliness and Ayaka will realize at some point later. In the meantime, I’m expecting more wholesome requests like “walk home with me every day”, “watch this movie with me”, “check out this café with me”, more “go on totally-not-a-date with me”, “be my friend”, “hug me”, “hold my hand” (incoming lol handholding jokes), “call me by my given name”, “be my girlfriend”… Definitely looking forward to what’s coming up.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

can anyone recommend me something like adachi to shimamura? (cute/innocent/fluffy)
preferably already completed or at least has 10+ chapters.

A Room for Two (currently at 59 chapters)
Edible Flowers (only 6 chapters yet, though)
Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru (currently at 12 chapters)
Mirai no Fuufu desu kedo (currently at 12 chapters)
Whispering You a Love Song (currently at 10 chapters)

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 10:48AM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

What I’m trying to say is I’m looking for a story where the girl that got genderswap into a male but still have the same mindset to a female with a female with same body and mindset.

That’s A and I think it’s pretty rare, if it even exists. Good luck with your search.

kittey
Double Bed discussion 13 Dec 13:23
joined Sep 5, 2018

This look kinda old... must have a few years already, amirite?

It was published in Éclair orange, which came out on 2019-11-27, so I guess it’s about two weeks old?

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hi, I'm looking for genderswaps yuri manga that the girl got genderbent to a guy instead x girl and thanks in advance!

Just to clarify, are you looking for…

A) a female getting genderswapped to male but still identifying as female (because otherwise it couldn’t count as yuri), together with someone female in body and mind.
B) a female getting genderswapped to male in body and mind, together with a female in body and mind, and you consider it yuri because the first character was originally female.
C) something else that I didn’t figure out.

Due to the second and third laws of genderbending, stories fitting A are probably extremely rare. B would not be considered yuri on this site because the genderswapped character would be completely male.

The only thing remotely fitting A that I can come up with would be the webcomic El Goonish Shive. It’s a webcomic that’s manga-influenced but not drawn in a particularly manga-like style, but it has characters of various gender identities genderswapping their bodies back and forth a lot, including a lesbian couple with one of the two involved having a male body for a part of the story. However, most genderswapping is male-to-female and only one of the characters temporarily swapped female-to-male is in a lesbian relationship. The other two lesbian relationships haven’t been genderswapped (yet).

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 8:52AM

kittey
Double Bed discussion 12 Dec 12:28
joined Sep 5, 2018

Waitwaitwait I didn't realize it's from creator of Bloom Into You/Eventually I Will Become Yours/Yagate Kimi Ni Naru/YagaKimi, hold on HOLD ON

WHERE IS THE DOUJIN TAG IF THIS MANGA IS ONE?!

It’s not a doujin. It’s a standalone one-shot published in Éclair, a commercially published yuri anthology.

But some readers like to imagine that it’s a YagaKimi after-story even though it’s not.

joined Sep 5, 2018

I think it's like that for a lot of people. Men are seen as inherently more perverse/dangerous than women... and really that's not so much the case.

Perverse? Perhaps not more perverse. More dangerous?
Well, we don't exactly see a lot of female mass killers or husband beaters in comparison to the reverse now do we lmao.

It’s not that men are inherently dangerous, it’s what society turns them into by propagating those messages and expecting them to be manly. Things considered “manly”: violence, dominance, sexual prowess. Faced with resistance (talking back, demanding a divorce, etc)? Not getting any sex from your wife or anyone else? Uh-oh, your manliness is in danger! Quick, restore it with violence and just force the sex you’re not getting voluntarily! Success, manliness restored!

Stop expecting men to be “manly” and propagating that they are dangerous.

Ahem, sorry, got triggered a bit there. Great articles nonetheless, a recommended read for any gender.
Also starting to get a bit off-topic.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

This might sound a little weird, but anyone here can recommend me some good yuri manga with an important (or at least vocal) friendly male character?

Maybe Their Story. Mophead! There’s also a bunch of other male (and female) characters to liven things up, like the buttmonkey class-prez.

There’s also Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl. The MC’s best friend does have a crush on her, but it’s played for comedy and doesn’t interfere with the yuri relationship struggle. He’s supportive when it counts and does a good job at being a best friend.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 9:06AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser […]

In the raw, that bubble has no address at all, neither gendered nor ungendered. It says “Kimoi wa”, so basically “That’s gross”. “Gross, dude” is just the translator’s flavoring.

I’m suspecting Naru to be a crossdresser too, though, since their hands have extra lines that make them look more masculine compared to Kanda and Oomura’s hands.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Out of curiosity, how did "Sh-sh-shankyu verry mussch, missh" look in the original language?

See here. (Click(tap?) anywhere on the image to hide the transparent boxes.)
よよろしゅくおねがいしましゅ
Yoyoroshuku onegaishimashu.

last edited at Dec 7, 2019 6:53AM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

can anyone pls post Gyaru Yuri series in this website?if you dont mind age gap and lolicon.

See previous answers here and here.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Yea, there's at least 1 confirmed yuri side couple, though Hime x Nozomi is even teased by author.

So is there a reason why you two have conflicting information? @kittey said there are 2 confirmed pairings? Not doubting either of you, might just be a difference of interpretation.

I called them recurring, not confirmed, and Nevri mentioned at least 1 confirmed. No conflicting information there. ;-)

As Nevri said, Akechi and Inukai are so open about it, it’s undeniable. Akechi is on a TMI level and will gladly tell her friends what they’re doing in bed. They also get naked bed scenes in a few chapters (with bed sheets and horn covers). No tiptoeing around calling them lesbian either.

Akira and Nadeshiko are pretty obvious, IMO. Nadeshiko is obviously into Akira and when they go on what seems to be dates. They haven’t officially stated they’re going out yet (by volume 17), so I guess it’s still in the realm of plausible deniability, though.

Manami and Komaki have gone on a few dates and got embarrassed when their friends saw them linking arms. Not much past that, though, and Manami seems to have some kind of father complex too.

Hime and Nozomi are getting some shiptease like Nozomi blushing when Hime glomps her while they’re telling scary stories and of course their kiss during practice for the drama play and what Nevri linked to, but nothing more concrete than that.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 9:44AM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Now this is an odd one, but hear me out. I'm not exactly asking for recommendations, but rather the collective memory of this community.
Do you know any manga that turned out to have a surprise yuri pairing/ending that was not like easily telegraphed by the tag or plot?

Stray Little Devil: Subtext and shiptease right from the first chapter, but the kind that usually leads nowhere. Then comes the last chapter and bam, sudden yuri ending that not even the most stubborn yuri-haters could worm out of.

Centaur’s Life/Worries: Didn’t expect two recurring yuri couples (so far, Akechi x Inukai and Akira x Nadeshiko) in a series not marketed as yuri or romance. There’s also another couple in chapter 83, Manami x Komaki is getting quite some shiptease and there are several unrequited crushes.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

tfw you’re an artist and like Fate too much, but the NanoFate is so strong that even in your self-insert doujinshi she still wants to be with Nanoha.

It’s probably not a self-insert, but I find it amusing to look at it from the angle that NanoFate defied the artist.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hi, I'm looking for some Loli, Age Gap Yuri Manga Series or One-Shots.

In addition to the already recommended ones:
Itou Hachi has several.
Parfait: Onee-loli Yuri Anthology
Parfait: Onee-Loli Yuri Anthology Volume 2
Parfait: Onee-Loli Yuri Anthology Volume 3

kittey
Teardrops discussion 28 Nov 10:42
joined Sep 5, 2018

Baby gay = gaybie?

I’ve only seen “gaybies” referring to babies of same-sex couples and the increase in same-sex couples with children in the last 10 or so years has been called “gayby boom”. In this case, the term is used independently of the children’s sexual orientation.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Lovely doujin to end the series and for the question at the end: is the answer a kiss?

Considering Nozomi’s pose, the answer might be a hug?

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I don't know if anyone's asked this but I'll do it. Any recommendations where there is a love triangle where 2 girls like the same girl, but the rivals are the ones who hook up instead.
Also, stories where one girls tries to help another girl date someone but they get together in the end instead. I've read some, but I wanna see if I've missed any. I would appreciate it

Honey & Mustard? Maybe you’ve read that one already, since you didn’t tell us which ones you’ve already read.

last edited at Nov 26, 2019 7:47AM

kittey
Mimi Mix! discussion 22 Nov 07:35
joined Sep 5, 2018

BUT - was I the only one who expected/wanted to see at least ONE image of them together with matching rabbit ears?

Chapter 17 cover?