Forum › Posts by Jamal_Williams69

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I had never considered that people think of non-standard US English as "not serious", nor did I realise that changing of the "do/can" verb to a regional variant would make it hard to understand. I deliberately chose not to use too much regional vocabulary, because I didn't want to make it too hard to understand.

While I do understand that some people find the accent hard to understand, that's part of her character. I chose to use Scottish because Ohsawa chose to use a Hakata accent.

The accent Nanami has is thought of as "dorky" and a "country bumpkin" accent in Japan, so on the contrary, the preconceptions some of you seem to have about non-American English should just help get that part of her character across even better.

Summary: I translated a non-standard accent into another non-standard accent, just as I would've translated obnoxiously complicated Japanese into obnoxiously complicated English. My goal as a translator is to translate and convey the tone of the original as closely as possible, not to make things easier to understand than they were in the original.

Would people ask for revisions of Agatha Christie's Poirot because they don't understand the occasional French, I wonder (and would Japanese readers ask Ohsawa to change Nanami's accent to a more familiar Kansai accent, because her current one sounds "dumb" and is hard to understand if you haven't heard it before?).

Ayo my negro, don't need to play defense just cuz a few forwards tryna take the ball from you. You the centre, and you decide what happens with the ball. I'm lovin the way you play right now, so keep on hitting the 3-pointers my man

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I have to disagree. Yandere is far different and far more than just violence. If your going to omit tags to avoid spoiling these.... "plot twists", Seriously then why have tags at all? This is an honest question on my part. It would mean I cannot take your tags at face value which would render them useless to me and others

Dawg, I don't think I'd be wrong to say a lot of us did enjoy the twist and would have found it less enjoyable if the tags gave it away. The majority of manga on here are tagged correctly, so saying that there's no reason to have tags is not correct. I get that you didn't like what you read, but really, it's not as though the omission of tags happens daily or even weekly. Perhaps another site can satisfy your wants more thoroughly than Dynasty.

Jamal_Williams69
Liberty discussion 22 May 18:16
joined May 13, 2018

This girl a real ass bitch, huh? Fuck her.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Nigga what, how am I supposed to sleep after reading this

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Instant Messenger apps with read notifications are the worst

This is why WeChat >>> LINE

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Wow, Kousaka banged her so hard that she couldn't even think straight (lol) the next day.

You'd think this girl wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if she didn't know what was going to happen, but I suppose Kousaka was being a little pushy.

Jamal_Williams69
Professor? discussion 15 May 00:38
joined May 13, 2018

There's a permanent puddle of fluids around the vaginal area of any girl this dude draws

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Girl just saw fireflies for the first time and lady is already trying to get that pussy? Yo...