Forum › Posts by daydream_dog94

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

captain narita-san of the S.S. mitsuki x aya

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Canis428-1570705868458692610-img1

this scene reminds me of that one scene in hibike euphonium lol the one where they totally should have kissed XD subtext is king tho imo. leaves everything open to however people wanna interpret heavy, emotional scenes.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
102579019_p1

why cry over spilt milk? just lick it off your hot cat-girlfriend. problem solved.

joined Dec 4, 2017

27 chapters in and the story has been completely refreshed.. authors a damn genius! can't wait to see how this unfolds

daydream_dog94
Dog Day discussion 13 Nov 00:57
joined Dec 4, 2017

woof

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Fg-q4c4auainanw

woop! so excited to see this animated!!

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
D3ue7mjuwaadmlc%20(1)

top touko... nice

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Chadolbaegi7-1030182461131706370-img1

yep taking a better look it's clearly a phone number.. i should stop browsing dynasty while im hammered lmao or not. it's fun

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Badbitches

a ripe harvest this year

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Announcement

wow, we might actually be on a decent timeline

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Powerween

god damnit I shouldn't be laughing at this

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 9:05PM

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Therumano-1587206841062268929-img1

i really need a goofy 80's style romcom about a lesbian werewolf and her vampire gf

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
102358322_p0

just checking her vitals. nothing to see here

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

Did you read Hourou Musuko?

Pretty sure that series ended with the trans female protagonist telling her girlfriend that she wants to be a girl and her girlfriend responds with "I guess that makes me a lesbian"

Pretty sure that series ended with the "transboy" Yoshino, who went as far a buying a binder and felt their identity was a boy for most of the series, finally deciding that being a girl and being called cute wasn't all that bad and it made things easier in life, so just abandoned that whole gender identity thing and wasn't feeling worse for it. Just felt a bit guilty to have abandoned her friend on the trans road. It was just a phase.

I sure hope this one doesn't go that route for the MC where they finally find love and accept the gender they were assigned at birth with.

... Which is fine because that also happens a lot IRL, especially with boyish girls exploring their gender ?

I thought Horou Musuko was one of the sweetest, deepest, finest and most subtle representation of transidentity in manga.

The fact that the last comment in this thread seems to be an unpopular opinion is truly frightening... with the intentions of helping more people understand, I'd like to elaborate a bit on what you said if that's ok. viewing gender as a piece of ones identity, people who realize they aren't trans after transitioning aren't any less trans than people who don't. people who think they are trans for a day are still just as trans in that 24 hours as people who are for a month, or a year, or their whole lives. being trans* (including non binary) isn't a destination. it's a living, breathing, life long experience. even if one day you wake up and realize you aren't, you still open and honestly felt that you were at one point. and there is nothing wrong with simply growing out of a phase in your identity. its human nature for fucks sake. god, its not even exclusive to humans! its just nature, straight up. our identity is a collection of phases that take place over the span of our lives. like the phases of the moon in a month, or the changing of seasons in a year. so to wrap up, detransitioning is a valid part of the trans experience. And as for Horou Musuko I feel that its representation of trans-identity was ahead if it's time and anyone who is willing to discredit this based on one character's failure to remain trans is simply missing the point of the manga. it tells the story of two different transgender experiences, and both are valid. even the one that realizes they maybe aren't trans in the end.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 3:28AM

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

There’s a way that all these trans manga center cis pain that really starts to tick me off

I totally get whatcha mean. I wonder if this author is trans.

very interesting opinions. especially the first one. from my understanding of your comment, you seem to feel as though there is no room for cis people to feel emotions in a manga centered around a trans person, yes? it "ticks you off" when a manga you perceive as "trans centric" focuses on a non trans character. A non trans character that is an integral part of the story being told to us so far. this isn't just a "trans story". its a coming of age story. An unlikely friendship between two misfits finding their place in the world around them. It's about maturing through overcoming challenges and opening up your understanding for different kinds of opinions. even if those opinions are perceived as "transphobic" like Rika's mothers' behavior. sure she seems like an awful mother in the first few chapters. but that's because we are seeing her from rika's POV exclusively. it isn't until Rika truly listens to his mothers words, that we truly understand the concern and fear behind her actions. Understanding and respecting another persons opinions is not equivalent to agreeing with them and Rika is realizing that and learning from it. ^this is just one example of why this isn't just a "trans Manga".

to get back on track, Satsuki may not be the protagonist, but his presence is a necessary part of our protagonists story and personal development. so to say his emotions have no place in this story just because he isn't trans is a bit backwards yeah?

last edited at Nov 2, 2022 8:22PM

joined Dec 4, 2017

ok that was a really gay way to friendzone someone... and a really gay way to react to being friend-zoned...

edit: jokes aside, im really happy the author has officially established that they will not be pushed around by angry gay people online. i mean, if you don't see how this development is actually 100% better than a full fledged relationship then i hate to tell ya but this manga isn't for you. you are pushing so hard for the destination that you're completely missing the ride~

I really, really hope this doesn't end just yet. I feel like a door has been opened to another 30 chapters of content before the girls' inevitably get together. if the author is actually committed, this is going to be the slowest of slow burns and and I'm so freakin READY FOR IT.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 12:18AM

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Tanjiu9-1584881682502778880-img1

its been a while

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
_286456-1584375600973639681-img1

love the shading in this, among other things..

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Tarakanovichhf-1584265840098037760-img1

brb gonna go binge kim possible

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

I don't like the blond guy already.

My first thoughts at his reaction to Rika picking up his earbuds was "is he maybe on the autistic spectrum?", but I'm still not convinced either way. Which is great.

its interesting because i was thinking quite the opposite. i absolutely adore the blond kid and seriously relate to a lot of his actions from the very beginning. i don't think I've ever related to a fictional character more than right now. we are misunderstood lol

edit because I'm awake now lol: to expand upon that a bit, my initial thought with him was Asperger's/ high functioning autism as well. but as i continued to read i saw myself in him with every word he spoke and action he took and i understand where he is coming from completely. its almost like I'm looking at myself.. and as far as im concerned i don't have autism.. but if i did, it would explain a lot tbh..

but on a less serious note, i really like this manga so far. the character dynamic between the two is really refreshing and surprisingly realistic. despite the sometimes wonky anatomy, this author knows what they are doing here. i cant wait to watch more of this story unfold.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 8:56PM

joined Dec 4, 2017

LETSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOO

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

Well, that was a cute and wholesome read. Looking forward to reading whole thing in one go so I can give it my proper thoughts

joined Dec 4, 2017

That's very cute and all but I'm not sure I can 100% get behind the '' change everything about you to fit what your crush wants'' message (^^) It brings up quite a few bad experiences from my younger days .

She literally just got a haircut. That hardly qualifies as changing everything about yourself.

Hey, she also bought a new outfit—don’t underestimate the unhealthy psychic dislocation that can result from trying out a new look. That you discover you like.

(The ability of Dynasty readers to pathologize bog-standard romance tropes is truly remarkable.)

ok op. totally see where you are coming from with this. i got creepy vibes while reading this too. that's not to say i believe this was the authors intentions, just my personal interpretation. its clear by the end that the author intended for this to be a cute and happy story.

and to address the last comment: people interpreting fictional media differently isn't inherently wrong or problematic. "oh no! someone's perception of a fictional story is different than mine! i should make fun of them and tell them their opinion on a FICTIONAL story is objectively wrong." people are going to see the world differently than you and that's just the reality of it my dude. the human consciousness is too complex not to support this theory. so unless the author gave you special permission to uphold the intended narrative of this story, i see no grounds for you to be doing so here.

last edited at Oct 18, 2022 11:58PM

joined Dec 4, 2017

Is it just me or does this have a somewhat unhealthy, creepy vibe to it? In a good way.

yes!! i totally felt too!

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

this is honestly chilling. as someone who greatly enjoys their alone time i would be devastated if someone came along and disrupted that. especially if that person is also a psycho yandere who literally just tried to push you down a flight of stairs. i'd be freakin terrified, no thank you.