Forum › Posts by Irreleverent

Irreleverent
Anfang discussion 25 Jan 23:32
joined Nov 27, 2017

I... Think many people totally missed the point on this one. It's supposed to be fucked up, and the story never pretended it wasn't. And that's not a mistake or something in poor taste; stories are allowed to be framed amorally. The protagonist we root for doesn't have to be a good person so long as the story isn't trying to sell us on their actions.

The story would have zero substance if it were less lethal or more tactful; the whole point of the story is that her emotional entanglement is more powerful than her mortal morality and so she says, "Fuck it".

If that's not brutal, it can't be an effective narrative.

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 11:34PM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

I get the hentai vibe out of this too, and tbh they definitely would have gone all the way if the teacher hadn't interrupted. I blame it on this artstyle being familiar to some hentai styles, and the top right panel on page 7 (that doze off face sure brought back memory I don't want to be brought back...): https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/playing_house#7

I don't totally see the subdued sense of sexuality about it as a bad thing, since it doesn't feel like it's sexualizing them. It seems... Honest. They're what, twelve year old girls? The girl who didn't faint clearly has no idea what she's doing, and she's driving the action. It doesn't get anywhere or even imply anything sexual beyond her having a vague desire to have sex. It's a remarkably innocent and honest take on what'd be going through the minds of two gay tweens just learning about both sex and homophobia in the same punch.

If it started sexualizing or undressing the girls I'd probably stop reading, but they just kiss and hug like they still don't quite get it. I feel like this was bizarrely tasteful. (Especially given Japan's... Tendencies in this area)

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 1:30AM

joined Nov 27, 2017

Could this be a rare example of the Not yaoi tag?

If this ain't what that tag is for, idk what is anymore.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

OK, my random word was “lesbian.” Now what?

Draw the rest of the owl.

Irreleverent
Yurigurashi discussion 08 Jan 20:06
joined Nov 27, 2017

Are there any yuri manga where they're also parents?

Try Ebisu-san and Hotei-san.

Yeah I was gonna recommend as much. Not technically parents, but in practice they're gay moms.

joined Nov 27, 2017

I question her straightness.

Seconded.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Well that was kinda fucked up, but I guess the tag should've warned me.

last edited at Jan 5, 2019 12:16AM

joined Nov 27, 2017

It's important for the panel to make you focus on what's important.

forget christmas trees and festivity, right? its all about the lesbian anime action that happens! lol

I can't tell if you're being ironic, because honestly... Yeah. I'm just here for gay romance and once I know it's a Christmas tree they're appreciating I wanna be drawn back to the gay asap.

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 12:49AM

Irreleverent
Lily Marble discussion 23 Dec 02:39
joined Nov 27, 2017

Aw, I'm sure he used a condom.
They are very common in Japan, they sell them in vending machines that are just about everywhere, even across from the schools...

And I imagine the relative obscurity of abrahamic religions in Japan probably also helps somewhat, but I can't say that from any place of authority.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

They're both super fucking dense, but the relationship is clearly progressing. I wish it was less dragged out, but Miyuu is actively pursuing this rather than trying to keep up a farce like Kano was. That's a huge difference.

joined Nov 27, 2017

These two move faster than greased lightning. I'm almost scared of the next chapter. lol

Teenagers are all either sex starved and repressed horny monsters, or they're so timid that everything gets stupidly dragged out. There's not much in between.

Clearly these two are the former.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Gayama is a quality wingman. It's important to know when the parties actually involved are being fucking idiots and in need of being bashed over the head with it.

I once literally threw one friend on top of another because neither could get their shit together enough to ever address what was going on. Everyone in that room hated me that night for it. Then a couple months later the friend who I threw a girl on top of is thanking me because neither of them would have acted if I hadn't written it in bright neon.

Point being, some people are dumb and need someone to just keep throwing them at the problem until they actually act. As shown here.

last edited at Dec 21, 2018 1:10AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

That was... Empowering, sweet, and really fucked up. It's kinda incredible given this was written decades ago, because it's so blisteringly progressive...

Like, probably the single most mature and genuine feeling yuri I've ever read. It makes me sad that I avoided it for so long because of the rape tag. (With good reason, but it was definitely worth bearing and important to what the story is trying to say)

I can't recommend this enough.

Irreleverent
Lily Marble discussion 20 Nov 21:42
joined Nov 27, 2017

Wow...and suddenly A LOT of us readers can actually relate to this. . .

I once had a relationship end on the note of, "I can't get thrown out of the house again."

It wasn't nearly so serious of a relationship as your example, but yeah it's an incredibly familiar story.

joined Nov 27, 2017

OMG and because kids are so much better at languages they could translate!

joined Nov 27, 2017

God I love how pissed she looked when she heard the shutter rise. Like, "Oh come the fuck on!"

Irreleverent
Their Story discussion 03 Nov 03:45
joined Nov 27, 2017

It's really frustrating watching the pacing of this get royally fucked thanks to horrifying politics. As if I don't have to worry about politics enough just in my own country.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 3:46AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

God that is a gorgeous design. Makes me wish we saw more ink in Yuri, but Japan is gonna be Japan.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

I... Don't think that's particularly unhealthy honestly. They both seem to think of it just as foreplay.

Irreleverent
Lily Marble discussion 14 Sep 05:44
joined Nov 27, 2017

Hmmm... taking advantage of someone while they’re drunk, does that constitute a “dick move”?

At least this won’t end up like “Stretch”.

She showed up that night, dying to fuck. She made that clear when she made Risa cancel her plans, and then immediately got smashed again. I'm very serious about intoxication and consent, but there needs to be a concession for alcohol as a willful social lubricant. I never would have ended up dating my girlfriend if we didn't have alcohol to facilitate.

That aside, hooooo leeeeee fucccccccckkkkkk that scene was hot. Like, good*damn* that does a lot with just a few pages.

Irreleverent
Mousou Envy discussion 10 Sep 05:45
joined Nov 27, 2017

JFC, demanding sex is never okay. Demanding sex is never okay. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Sex is never an ultimatum, that's rape. Yes, senpai is being a shitty human being too; shitty people are still people.

Sorry if I take rape apologists too personally, but I ran out of capacity to forgive someone who decides they're entitled to sex.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

God, that is just pleasant, y'know. There's no conflict but like it's such a happy story.

Irreleverent
Their Story discussion 31 Aug 04:15
joined Nov 27, 2017

Holy shit that's an aggressively flirty QT. I'm so in on this.

Irreleverent
Their Story discussion 15 Aug 07:18
joined Nov 27, 2017

NSFL, FUCK!

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Well at least no one used the line "It's okay. We're all girls".

Quite the opposite. The moment they started stripping their friends were like, "Should we... Leave y'all to it? Have fun fucking, kthxbai!" (Which is the best reaction)