Forum › Posts by Klice

Klice
Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Thank you <3

Law school, most difficult subject, do you into pure math, girl?! I may be biased though... I guess I wouldn't be able to learn by heart tons of law texts, huehuehue.

last edited at Feb 11, 2018 1:31AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

What? No, fu..dge you! You can't end it that early author-san!

Well, it was a nice short story until now, so I guess the final chapter will be cool, but I wanted to see more of their dynamic. The set-up looked like one for a long story, I'm a bit disappointed... And there we had the "the performer coincidentally catch their love interest in the middle of the crowd in a badly lit room" moment that I love so much. Sad.

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Hmm, it's cool and all that the drama isn't that dark and the professor didn't kill herself, that said Mishio is still hurting herself or at least hurt herself in the past(the scars weren't fake, were they?). Ena still needs to use her anti-drama aura.

joined Jun 23, 2017

This is wonderful. Thank /u/!

joined Jun 23, 2017

I already hope for a sequel... and an anime...

"It's fine if it's a delusion! I'll take a delusion packed with dreams over a reality without them!"

God bless him.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 7:35PM

Klice
1 x ½ discussion 06 Feb 21:16
joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm intrigued. Though there was some little subtle hint already before, it is now confirmed that the mother is also contaminated by a case of forbidden love.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I don't know why, I have a real problem trying to understand what is going on, both visually and story-wise, I find it really confusing. Perhaps it's because I don't know the Touhou universe and characters pretty well, or perhaps I'm not reading it in the best conditions... It looks good and interesting though.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Heelvitca staaandaard~~~

... Sorry.

Edit Also, inter-generational sandwich :3

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 9:46AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

I agree the villain is boring. But I hope the satisfaction will be even stronger when Hana destroys her!

joined Jun 23, 2017

Two new chapters are available on Kissmanga and probably other manga reader websites. I don't know if I can speak about it, is it as hated as mangafox? It does seem to be as up to date as batoto or something close.

Klice
Citrus discussion 03 Feb 11:23
joined Jun 23, 2017

Uh... Can I just say
Mei can legally say no and maybe I don't know talk to Yuzu

Not if she wants to inherit the school (in her eyes). And, I assume, she is afraid of how Yuzu would react if (when) she heard about it. So she has a choice to make and the whole point of the story is to see her suffer through that choice... Sounds pretty grim when I say it like that, but that's essentially what this kind of stories offer (and why some people don't like them because they see many "simple" solutions that would make the whole suffering pointless in their eyes).

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 12:39PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

I don't know if anyone commented on it, but the drawing style is really nice in my opinion. Cute without being too moe, detailed without being too crowded, the expressions are vivid.

I agree, the drawings' aesthetic is really pleasing to the eyes.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 11:10AM

Klice
Citrus discussion 03 Feb 10:09
joined Jun 23, 2017

Mei sure has to make a deep introspection. What will be the key? Yuzu could be the one breaking up (temporary) to free Mei from their relationship, as an ultimate act of love and maybe Mei will try to rebuild it when she'll accept to make a choice.

That makes me think that most of the times Yuzu tried to distance herself from Mei were in the earliest chapter, when Mei couldn't care less because she hadn't fall for her step-sister yet. The only occurrence of Yuzu distancing herself from Mei that had an emotional impact was in vol7 and it seemed to have hurt Mei a bit much - while I'm thinking about it, I think Mei was pretty upset when Yuzu rejected her advances at the end vol3/start of vol4, but the emotional impact still wasn't big.

If Yuzu was to tell Mei now that they should stop everything for Mei's own good... I wonder what would happen to the poor girl. Imagine, another loved one who abandons her, she would probably break Edit because people like to laugh at the daddy issue's justification, but I think there's also abandonment issue in there. Or perhaps Mei will finally be able to stand strong and not give up. I know Saburouta ended every conflict at the end of each volume, but I think this would be one conflict worth expanding in the next volume as well, this is a turning point in Mei's life, after all.

Addendum

She wants to find a third way, but time flies and earning time is less possible.

Either she is thinking very hard, or she already chose the flight decision and is stalling for time, hoping something miraculous would happen. Will she chose the "make the one I love hate me so they don't suffer" route? That wouldn't "look" like her.

P.S. Ahah, I'm reading chapter 33 again, I think people were too busy complaining about the sketchy drawings to notice that Harumin's put Matsuri's head in her breasts.. That or I didn't see the commentaries about it. That's highly dangerous shipping fuel. I wonder if Mei did that instead of forcefully kissing Yuzu to make her shut up, would people still have complained about sexual assault? Is it sexual assault when one forcefully put another's face into one's own breasts?

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 2:13PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Feels classic, but I really love those stories And I have to read something while waiting for the new chapter of Dear My Teacher, so... The characters are cute, and I love theirs interactions, so yay!

And about the impression of reading a sequel, I guess it's because they just started the story in the middle of the intrigue, skipping the previous parts (even though they put flash back in it).

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 9:02AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

@Vankomycin, Well, I agree with everything you said since you started to convince me in your first post

I guess I started a debate where there* should be none, [...].

is where I admit a debate isn't possible. Then I was trying to clarify my wish to understand other's opinion despite the impression you could have by reading what I've written. But an interesting discussion is then to discuss why you don't like it or otherwise.

Nothing to get too invested in, really.

Yeah, I started up way too fast, way too quickly, but then I can't shut up so I keep answering... But ultimately, I agree.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 10:35AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

"*I* don't have any problem separating fiction from reality. Why can't you people do it?"

Either that, or they very much can but still dislike it - which seems to be the case from the few answers that addressed this point (directly or not). I assumed (biggest mistake) it was why they couldn't enjoy it, but it looks like it's something else. Hence why I try to close a discussion that doesn't seem to exist, so yeah that last sentence wasn't supposed to be engaging.

"Guys guys GUYS, you're all having the TOTALLY WRONG reaction here. Can't you SEE that?"

Ah, yes. They didn't find it funny, I did (not that much, to be honest), I was trying to explain (forcefully/clumsily) why I find it funny. I guess I started a debate where they should be none, because I found the critics/reactions unfair.

But if this was a legitimate debate, shouldn't it work like that? I find something I disagree with, I present arguments to convince the other party. I expect (wish) the other party does the same, and hopefully we can gain from each other's input or, more often than not, just agree to disagree (or go at each other's throat).

Clumsy metaphor incoming : very much like in a fight, if you want to win, you have to go all out and you wish that your opponent does the same; then, if you win, your victory actually means something and if you lose, you can learn from them and see your mistakes, and gain from it. Of course, this requires that both parties are willing participants, or that the fight makes sense.

tl;dr I got ahead of myself.

But we are also in the midst of a cultural change, where a lot of our RomCom tropes are being re-examined. John Cusack's character in Say Anything was considered romantic 30 years ago, but he'd probably be considered a pushy, obnoxious jerk with boundary issues now. Same thing with this comic; the tropes themselves are being criticized, not merely Mochi au Lait's specific implementation of the tropes in this comic.

This I can get behind, even if I don't know the character, so I can't comment on it. This and NezChan's other post are critics that I can understand.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 11:16AM

Klice
Their Story discussion 02 Feb 08:56
joined Jun 23, 2017

RIP Glasses-kun ;_;

joined Jun 23, 2017

"its ok because its supposed to be funny" is just a poor excuse.

And because it's not really happening. Of course, that would not be okay in real life, I think I've repeated that in almost all of my posts.

[...] because this just wasn't funny.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, fellow forum member. I just happen to disagree.

"You are not experiencing the correct emotion" is, I find, an argument that rarely goes anywhere fruitful.

I had the feeling my phrasing, or perhaps the whole process, was wrong.

I mean, people have the reactions they have. By the time you get around to discussing it, the reaction ship has already sailed.

I guess. I'm just trying to understand why they can't enjoy it, clumsily, I'll admit. However, I don't agree with saying it's not comedy because it's morally wrong, this is the one thing I'll be stubborn about, thus the thing I won't talk about any more.

A better way (IMHO) to approach these discussions is to simply describe your own internal landscape and your own reactions, without trying to contextualize it in terms of how other people reacted.

That sounds good. I would continue on the subject of separating fiction from reality, but I'll be repeating myself and that doesn't seem to be interesting for many people. Sadly, but as usual, I guess I could conclude with to each their own.

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 6:00PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

"It's fiction therefore nothing matters" is about the weakest excuse for an argument I can imagine.

It's not exactly what I said, but sorry, I guess? I can't see how I can explain why comedic stories shouldn't be taken too literally or too seriously - or how fictional stories shouldn't always be thought as real life situations, because stuff happening in stories can be really cool/entertaining in said stories, but stop being those if you look at it as real life situations. That's what I was trying (and failing?) to get across.

I can see why people are put off by this story, but, perhaps wrongly, I'm trying to suggest to them how they could look at it differently so they could maybe enjoy it - or at the very least, see why it really is comedy.

Edit I mean, we can argue about the moral side of the story, which is indeed very poor, I can see that, everybody can see that, but why would that make it a bad story?

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 5:51PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm really sorry for the huge response.

That wasn't huge and pretty on point, I think, you're all forgiven.

joined Jun 23, 2017

This is comedy? Where is the funny?

The blatant lies, the absurdity of MC excuses just to either steal panties or to interact with her neighbour, or how the MC immediately confesses her crime and probably would do anything when the neigbour threatens her to not let her use the bath anymore, but switch right back at denying it when the neighbour calls her out for confessing. It doesn't makes sense, it's absurd, it's funny.

Of course, if you look at it seriously/realistically, it's just a perverted pathological liar who happens to exploit and deceive a kind neighbour, but that's not very funny... It's fiction, it's not really happening, no one is in danger, no one is exploited, so why not look at it as a comedic story about a clumsy pervert who can't get her feelings across, like it was intended to be?

I guess that kind of humour might not work with everybody.

How this even yuri [...]?

Of whom would you steal panties? Or would do anything else a bit perverted characters do in Japanese stories with panties? She is attracted to her neighbour, which happens to be a female, so...

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 8:50AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

...or maybe threesome...? Ok fine, just asking, really. I'm walking away, ok... but just call me if you chang... * got door shut on face*

Everybody would win though...

joined Jun 23, 2017

Really? There was a comedy tag for a purpose

I'm with you... But somehow, people can't help but look at it seriously. It's a bit sad for me...

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 11:42PM

Klice
1 x ½ discussion 31 Jan 13:22
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why do authors seem clinically unable to propel the story without these?

Because they love it, I guess? Conflict and stuff.

I don't know how they could have made it work, it's clear the mother doesn't seem interested in her daughter (well there were some moments, but it was too ambiguous even from my memories), not in that way. I guess you could a low-key story about some kind of inverted Oedipus complex, but would it be interesting? Perhaps.. We'll see!

I wonder if we will learn that they are NOT blood related at some point? That would be... a poor plot device.

Please no... I don't complain for plot device almost all the time, but that would be too cheap and make the whole point of the story die...

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 1:30PM

Klice
Citrus discussion 31 Jan 08:17
joined Jun 23, 2017

Which ends with Yuzu getting entranced and falling in love almost instantly.

That's what could happen when somebody you're already attracted to force themselves onto you. Perhaps Yuzu is submissive, and since she is already aroused by Mei from this point, it affects her a lot.

If there was suppose to be any commentary about how forcing someone to kiss you is bad it is completely negated when it shows that forcing a kiss on someone can actually make them fall in love with you.

I like to imagine people are smart enough to distinguish a forced kiss in the context of a romance story (a fiction) and what is actually acceptable in real life. But if I believe many commentaries I read here and elsewhere about controversial stuff, we're all idiots that get easily influenced by illustrated stories from a far away country without any ability to distinguish fiction from reality...

I also don't think stories have to deliver a particular message nor to uphold a certain set of morals to be enjoyable, but, sometimes, I have the feeling I'm in the minority.

Hell, Yuzus comment about the face Mei was making while kissing the teacher makes it sounds like Mei enjoyed it.

There can be physical reactions/arousal during rape, I don't think the victims enjoyed it. And I think the whole point was for Mei to show Yuzu it's not that great. The real first kiss they both enjoyed was on their bed after Yuzu helped Mei sorts things out with her father, and here it is clearly shown how much powerful and enjoyable it was.

Maybe the author will use this to make a scene when Mei realises that following suit with her Grand Father is essentially her asking Yuzu to give up on love. Idk its unlikely but we'll see.

That would be great for Mei to realise it's also influencing Yuzu at this point, and not only her and her grandpa. I admit it's an angle I haven't thought about, too focused on Mei's pov : choosing between her dream and her love life. That said, I wonder if it's not already the case (Mei knowing it also concerns Yuzu). I've read here or on reddit that some people saying that if Yuzu learned about it, she would try to stop everything and make Mei's plan fail.

But what if it was the other way around? Knowing how caring and kind Yuzu is, what's to say that, if she learned about it, she wouldn't probably try to step down, to distance herself from Mei just to let her pursue her life goal? What if Mei also thought about that and is keeping it all secret from Yuzu so she could keep being with her? Remember that in vol6, she said she wanted them to keep going on despite everything else.

Of course, she can't keep it secret forever, but she dreads what will happen when the cat's out. Poor Mei's getting torn between everything and everyone she loves..

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 2:07PM