Forum › Posts by LilyBlack

LilyBlack
CyanBlue discussion 04 Oct 12:45
joined Aug 28, 2016

I love Umi's "welp, guess we're having sex now" look on page 19.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Bruh. I wanna know what happen to Karen :-:

Page 7 of the epilogue shows Marika comforting her after Kusuda has left, so I guess the implication is that they end up together.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

And so after all the trouble Karen let You go away like that? And what happened to them during that time?
Seems like the author had to rush the ending and now I feel like I forced myself to read this for nothing xD
At least I like the chara design and the exchange of haircut at the end.

I guess once the game was over, it's not like she had any leverage to keep her any more... although that just raises the question of why it took her three years to leave. Really, there's a whole lot of questions you could ask about this manga that don't have good answers.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

That's how I felt it too, like "I need a maid" but without going into details... But that's probably my heartbroken self talking, I don't approve this development at all, I wanted Kuroe to realize that love is not such an ephemeral thing, because defining love in general based on your dad's behavior? that's stupid... So I thought they were going to fix that twisted preconception somehow but all we got was "I need my fork" agggh I'm pissed, really disappointing honestly

Keep in mind that that's the only form of love she knows, apparently not even knowing the love of a "mother"; that's a mindset she has to consciously grow out of. The way I see it, it is her first step in that direction, she is now trying to take Miyabi's feelings into consideration and reach a compromise however selfish it may seem on the onset.

Then again I prefer slow burners so I'm hoping for a gradual realisation on her part that Miyabi's important to her for a bigger reason than just convenience.

Also, to me, the breakfast epiphany wasn't just about Kuro being dependent on her but about her realizing how well Miyabi knows her and how close they've become.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Minor error in pg 05, "you not seen this before?" is missing "have"

I'm pretty sure that's deliberate to reflect a very casual manner of speaking.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

The way the ending is written makes it seem like Chika's still not sure that Hiro can truly love her, but she's decided not to care. I guess that still counts as a happy ending...

LilyBlack
1 x ½ discussion 09 Sep 15:42
joined Aug 28, 2016

Well, the mom is a bit of an ass, isn't she?

They seem to have a pretty weird, un-parental kind of relationship with each other, too. The mother openly and harshly criticizes her daughter's cooking, but while the daughter is initially upset she quickly recovers and starts teasing her mother about her taste in food. Based on what we've seen so far, there's a kind of competitiveness between them that you wouldn't expect from mother and child; they remind me more of siblings.

LilyBlack
Medusa discussion 05 Sep 12:37
joined Aug 28, 2016

Was going to read it......buuuuuuuut after reading the comments I will skip it :O

I'd say it's worth reading. It's depressing, but it finds new and refreshing ways to be depressing compared to most old school yuri manga.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

That was really good! I've played the game but not a lot so not sure which pairings I favour most - though I really like the cat girl sisters, and Beato / Zeta. The story of the subordinate being used as a stand in was the only one I didn't like much.

It makes me want to play it more, even though I know it has no real yuri :( (Not the mutual / actual lovers sort).

A few pairings do have "might as well be official" levels of subtext in the game itself, especially Yuel x Socie and Silva x Song.

joined Aug 28, 2016

"It'd hurt more with a guy. I'm being gentle. You should be grateful."

Jesus christ.

Going by that it sounds like there is a good chance the guy did end up raping her even if they had gone to a hotel and she is now seriously screwed up in the head from it.

Especially since she's consciously copying what he did to her in what she does to Nozomi. At "best", it seems like he didn't care about how she felt at all and she just went along with it because she thinks that's what sex is meant to be like. Either way, she's been left with a seriously messed up attitude toward sex.

Which could be an interesting basis for a story, if the ending didn't play the whole thing off for laughs. Ick.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

So let me get this straight (lol).
She didn't have sex with Yoshiko because she loves her but because she wants to know what sex is like?

Well, Hanamaru said herself that she doesn't know why she did it, but she has complicated feelings of admiration and possessiveness toward Yoshiko. At the very least it wasn't a matter of wanting to have sex with just anybody.

joined Aug 28, 2016

MadoHomu is one of my top ships, but I'd like to see doujins about them emphasizing common interests and values rather than infatuation. The video game scene was a start. Come to think of it, wasn't one of Homura's tragic flaws in the series that she lost the original basis for her relationship with Madoka, and couldn't get it back?

That's a pretty common read on it, yeah, especially in light of Rebellion: Homura's become so fixated on protecting Madoka that she can't let her grow into the kind of person who inspired that level of devotion in the first place.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Now that I think about it, I'm a little surprised we don't already have a Sweating tag.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Haha, Touko really is the worst. She does everything she shouldn't and nothing she should.

...Like Akari said, it's a good thing she's pretty.

joined Aug 28, 2016

WAIT SAME AUTHOR AS PRUNUS GIRL!? SERIOUSLY!?

Something about the art style made me wonder if the artist normally did BL, so when I saw that it actually made sense to me.

LilyBlack
Cutie Beast discussion 23 Jun 05:43
joined Aug 28, 2016

tentacles are the stupid things in the world^^''' Can't understand why people like it

The appeal seems pretty straightforward to me; they're basically living multipurpose sex toys that are useful for bondage, insertion, and potentially various other kinds of stimulation too.

LilyBlack
Cutie Beast discussion 18 Jun 15:01
joined Aug 28, 2016

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it was pretty rapey. But I think it's pretty clear that both Mira and genre convention think otherwise.

I think Mira knows what she's writing, it's just that her priority is to write her idea of an interesting sexy story instead of her idea of a healthy relationship. Lots of romance stories could use a "don't try this at home" disclaimer, because lots of people have weird turn-ons that wouldn't work out so well in real life.

It's almost certainly gonna be glossed over in the next chapter or two anyway, of course. My guess is that when they next meet up the conversation is going to end up being all about Harmony's ex instead of about what Lulu did.

LilyBlack
Cutie Beast discussion 17 Jun 15:59
joined Aug 28, 2016

I thought it was rape right from the moment the beautician drugged an unsuspecting girl before molesting her. It was pretty explicit, the difference is this one is more overtly violent with more physical force involved.

Yeah, I'd say the main difference is just that this one is actually taken seriously in-story and treated with some of the gravity you'd expect for a sexual assault instead of as just another kind of fun sexy thing that's used to show that a character is a bit of a bad girl, which is what usually happens when a Mira story gets rapey.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 3:59PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Can someone explain the last bit. From the speech, i get that Chitose wont ever state her feelings or ask for anything, but make Saa-chan say them for her and make her ask for the things they both want. But the small back text i just cant understand. That is NOT a proper sentence.

As I understood it, Chitose's basically manipulating Sayuri into making all the moves to initiate a relationship by holding back just enough that Sayuri will have to pursue her. She seems to be doing it so that she'll feel less predatory that way, although I wonder how well it'll work for her when she knows exactly what she's doing and why.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]
- Tsukasa x ????(Man) [Het]
Well, this ending is not what i want but if Tsukasa is HAPPY (with that man TT) it's OK for me.

... did we read the same ending? Nothing was concluded.
Literally anything other than the status quo would've been better. Even if they all fell apart sad and broken it would've made for a better ending.

Other than that: Great Manga. I really enjoyed it :)

There are various hints as to how things are going to turn out, but the most definitive one is the star symbolism. Kotooka, Washio, and Tsukasa are named after the Japanese names of the stars of the Summer Triangle: Vega, Altair, and Deneb. In Japanese myth, Vega and Altair are two separated lovers who are brought together by a bridge of magpies represented by Deneb. So Tsukasa's role in the story is to be the "bridge" that brings Kotooka and Washio together, and a Kotooka/Washio ending is what was planned all along (although it probably would have been more fleshed out if not for the cancellation).

joined Aug 28, 2016

"'Isn't this a crime?' (Yes, it is.)"

It's always nice to see an author being self-aware about what she's writing. Still hot, though.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

It ended in a rush, but in my headcanon, Washio and Kotooka eventually hook up. See matching bracelets on the backcover.

So, it could have been worse.

I think the author's notes, the star symbolism, and the general tone of the final chapter make it pretty clear that it's gonna happen, although it would still have been nice to actually see it.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Between the Altair/Vega connection and the back cover image, it looks like we're headed for a Washio/Kotooka ending at this point. I can live with that, although there's a lot of loose ends left to wrap up in one chapter.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

You got me at the title.

EDIT: Sayaka really has it hard on Maitake's works.

Maitake's Sayaka is basically that friend who tries really, really hard to be supportive of your relationship even though she can't stand your new girlfriend. It's kinda great.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

As other people have said, the biggest problem with the way the ending seems to be headed will be if it ends up vindicating Kotooka's point of view, because everything up to now has shown that the way she's trying to live is self-destructive. She's been driving the emotional conflict of the story more than anyone else, so if she doesn't at least get her shit sorted out the whole story will have been a bit pointless. I don't even need to see her end up with one of the other main characters, just... not keep doing what she's doing.