Forum › Posts by Breakdanceanomicon

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Chapter 23: No items. Fox only.

GA(Y)ME!

joined Jun 13, 2015

If they were at splatfest they should have been wearing t-shirts.

Glad somebody cares about the canon of this Splatoon doujin.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Well, the afterword (beforeword? I dunno) itself calls this thing "slightly yuri," so I don't think that it'd be too unreasonable to call it slightly yuri.

It was more of the fact that they made it seem that "Slightly Yuri" was a sub-genre of Yuri the same way as "Shojo Yuri", "Josei Yuri", "Seinen Yuri", "Shonen Yuri", and "Subtext Yuri".

That said, I'd at least give this thing props for at least being more yuri than... I don't know, any cliche SOL thing filled with lame subtext.

I'm now scared to ask what "SOL" is.

But yeah, this was an overall solid doujin. Sure, it may not have much but It still succeeds at what it tries to deliver, really strong subtext.

I actually have to apologize here, since I wasn't trying to imply Slightly Yuri was its own sub-genre, more like a level on the Yuri-o-Meter, that ranges from male-oriented "girl on girl is hot" moeblobs from the popular otaku shows (which is what this is and is as drpepperfan noted, tend to feel soulless since yuri is just a fetish to these people, 7/10 times they also draw yuri couples from K-ON or Kancolle or whatever getting raped by faceless men without a second thought) to generic school girl "but we're both girls!" doki doki gender dynamics up to some resemblance of actual lesbianism written by wlw (or at least fujoshi women who like yaoi, yuri and het, i.e. the love freaks) that feature more than just the average scenarios and archtypes to finally the non-moe art filled with so much realism you'd assume they were autobiographical, clearly written by actual bians, probably in queer magazines instead of Yuri Hime or whatever.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Maybe they just have more time than talent? ( ̄∀ ̄)

Don't we all.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This might just be the definition of "slightly yuri".

Why is the bland and full-color look so common for male-oriented slightly yuri? Lots of Hypderdimension Neptunia doujins use it, I think. And Kuttsukiboshi...

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 8:23PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Did some of the pages of this chapter just get re-arranged? That makes things even more confusing...

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 23 Jun 22:49
joined Jun 13, 2015

So. uh, looking at this person's twitter, it seems that have a series about a girl becoming friends with... a sentient sexdoll?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Ooooh, so that's why it was called Kofuku Graffiti.

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 18 Jun 23:23
joined Jun 13, 2015
__hiiragi_shinoa_and_krul_tepes_owari_no_seraph_drawn_by_kana_togi__d60996e732bf67d5dddcb65b79881407

Weird, this actually doesn't look like Ogino's usual art style. Not even big breasts...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

In the previous 2 ones, the author's note stuff was basically random stuff about their current life. It wasn't connected to story whatsoever, so I felt like tl'ing it was just waste of time.

Yeah, I can definitely see why TLers like to leave them out since they're often just random thought's of the author with no relation to the story + translating such a big block of text probably isn't that easy to do well so I won't judge anyone for leaving it out.

I personally just like having that stuff too for completeness sake and because I enjoy reading about the author's thoughts regardless of whether it's about their release itself or not.

Here, here.

Of course I'll never be angry at the TLs for providing a free service that doesn't completely match up with my hopes but I'm always curious about the minds behind the works I consume. Especially with more... out-there works like this.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

They're still active on Twitter as of today, so they're clearly still alive, but they've definitely been in a bad place for sometime from their first fanart of depressed Lucky Star to 2015 with all these creepy cute yet suicidal stories.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Is this person okay? This series is like a cry for help. It's clear they're writing from personal experience with depression. Wish they translated the author's note because I really want to know more about this person.

Also getting thread ninja'd is even worse than post ninja'd since it eats your comment, apparently.

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 14 Jun 16:25
joined Jun 13, 2015
Dby5o3gvwaaocql

I could tell who this was from the headless main page image gallery, just from Ogino's distinct art style.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Definitely wanna see how this plays out even if it is a tad generic

The creator of the New Game rip-off? A tad generic!? Perish the thought!

Luckily, OL yuri is a concept that really can't get old, at least at the current rate of its creation.
I.e. this is infinitely better than Now Loading...! But boy, this author sure loves to start the relationships quickly, huh? Not that's necessarily a bad thing...

Breakdanceanomicon
Cutie Beast discussion 12 Jun 20:34
joined Jun 13, 2015

And I'm certain you read everything by her.

Me too, hence why I bothered being so unpleasant. She doesn't evolve.

Neither do you, you single-cell organism.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The mention of the vase is probably a reference to a common scam where "religious" organizations trick people into buying overpriced junk for its supposed spiritual value.

Oh yeah, I remember something like that in an episode of Nerima Daikon Brothers...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

story is good, but Mochi really needs to work on his art or partner with a good artist, these lacking of expressions really daunting me

How does it feel being blind?

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 02 Jun 23:03
joined Jun 13, 2015
Tumblr_oo3jidvntu1ru00pmo1_1280

Wait, that's Autumn Sacura's real name? Huh! I've been following her on tumblr for years and never knew that...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yeah, I also vote for this being Mochi's old account. The blushing, the eyes, especially when they're colored in the way Mochi does it, the general writing style and how the characters interact with each other, all very similar. I swear, though, every person in Japan has de facto drawn Touhou fanart at some point.

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 29 May 22:30
joined Jun 13, 2015
Big-boobs-teacher-horny-student

"Grap" is a portmanteau of "grab" and "grope", I take it?

joined Jun 13, 2015

Epic

The Code Geass legacy lives on, I see.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I'm not even from a native Spanish-speaking household but we all know enough of the basic "hello/what/thanks" stuff in enough languages to randomly say things like "que" or "danke" just for fun... do other people not do that?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The "Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Cinderella" arc is different from how I remembered it...

Breakdanceanomicon
Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blueprints_for_a_girl_ch01#20
Is that... Sherlock? barfs
This reminds me a bit of that series about the step-sister from the affair who was really nice to the jerk step-sister. I know it's not actually much like that, but the aura feels similar.