Forum › Posts by moguTL

joined May 23, 2015

I know animators that have specifically said that you can get in trouble for putting out doujins of official materials without permission.

joined May 23, 2015

Well, he also released a bunch of books of official materials as doujins at comiket. Which can get people in trouble if they do it without permission.

But really, a major part of the reason it even made such a big legacy was because of all the extra stuff he did on his own.

The internet backlash in Japan is on a level I have never before seen.

joined May 23, 2015

The president of Kadokawa apparently made some comments that people are taking as a possibility that he might come back.

moguTL
New Game discussion 25 Sep 16:29
joined May 23, 2015

Considering the flow of the conversation up to that was "I'm going to keep depending on you [forever]" and "I'm not going to thank you for everything you've done, because I'll surely keep causing you trouble from now on," I think the intent is more "Don't worry; we're still going to be together. Forever."

Which I think, as a response to "please stay by my side forever," is about as close to acknowledging a relationship as you can get...

Edit: I should also note that a different Japanese term is used with Aoba and Rin. Aoba and Kou are going to watch each other, as in, keep track of each other's progress, but Kou wants Rin to watch over her, more like a guardian angel. It's deeper and more involved than Aoba's and Kou's watching out for each other's work.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 4:48PM

moguTL
New Game discussion 25 Sep 15:32
joined May 23, 2015

She said a lot of things, but "wait for me" wasn't among them.

And possibly the most important point is that Rin herself seemed quite happy to hear what Kou told her. Rin came as close as ever to outright confessing her love, and Kou's response was as close as ever to outright accepting it.

moguTL
New Game discussion 25 Sep 14:35
joined May 23, 2015

It's like how Rin left her position of Art Director because she had other goals and dreams for her future, despite that move being much to Kou's dismay. Demanding Kou give up her goals for the future just to stay by Rin would likely end up making her unhappy. And possibly resent Rin for it.

It's because she understands this that Rin can't really push too hard to stop her.

moguTL
New Game discussion 25 Sep 13:09
joined May 23, 2015

Changing the subject, it was nice to see Aoba and Momo finally get on the same page, now Momo's hero-worship of Kou has taken a long-overdue dent. This should make the next game arc fun (I hope).

The moment where Momo finds out about Aoba's history is one of my favorites in the entire series and what originally made me start liking her character.

moguTL
New Game discussion 25 Sep 08:11
joined May 23, 2015

Ive said multiple times that the author has explicitly stated that Kou is not ever going to leave the series. She will continue making appearances.

This is as much a permanent goodbye to her character as it was for Nene when her initial debug job ended.

moguTL
New Game discussion 20 Sep 19:07
joined May 23, 2015

Thats super disappointing, honestly I really jus want Rin to have a love interest thats not kou cause these recent chapters convinced me that she doesnt really deserve her at this point.

It's also outright wrong, so don't put too much faith into it.

But then, there's that new scene where Kou gives Rin the clock and thanks her for being such a good support all this time, proving how much Kou has grown these years thanks to Rin and at that point she knew what was coming and Rin knew something was weird and yet she decided not to tell her ... ? is like going back to the same old Kou right after saying that she changed, is weeeird. Anyway, we have few days to know her excuse but I'm feeling that it won't be enough.

The watch scene interaction is one of many changes that kind of breaks the timeline in the anime. It's presented as Kou trying to clean up some loose ends before leaving, yet she clearly doesn't even make the final decision to leave, much less check if what she wants to leave to do would be possible, until after talking with Nene.

moguTL
New Game discussion 20 Sep 00:31
joined May 23, 2015

I think they were talking about the breasts.

moguTL
New Game discussion 19 Sep 23:00
joined May 23, 2015

The author has stated that Kou will always be a part of the series, so even if she does leave, think of it more like Nene leaving after her debug job ended.

moguTL
New Game discussion 19 Sep 12:45
joined May 23, 2015

(I don't even watch the previews, and that chapter has been in the works since last week. There were just some schedule issues. Seriously, look at the timing of past releases and if anything this chapter's release has been slower than others.)

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 12:47PM

moguTL
New Game discussion 16 Sep 15:47
joined May 23, 2015

but we pretty much knew Momo was getting the job

WE know that, sure, but can we be sure that the person actually assessing Naru and Nene knows it? We haven't been shown to what extent the higher-ups are involved, but going by how in both cases Umiko pronounced them renewed and hired on-the-spot, it would appear that the decision was pretty much entirely left up to her. And Umiko herself does not really know much detail about how things are going over on the character team side.

moguTL
New Game discussion 15 Sep 06:22
joined May 23, 2015

Aoba has also been there long enough to start developing other relations and deeper goals beyond "I want to work with Yagami-san", though, while Momo hasn't really gotten there yet.

Which leads to the (not-so) fun hypothetical situation of Momo losing motivation because the entire reason she chose the company is gone, but feeling unable to leave because that's the only company Naru is being allowed to work at. Which could cause Naru to lose motivation, as she mainly joined to work with Momo, who isn't enjoying herself.

That kind of thing would never happen in the plot, but does seem like a possibility for a similar situation in the real world.

moguTL
New Game discussion 15 Sep 03:02
joined May 23, 2015

Naru's loyalty is also tied entirely to Momo (at least, as far as we know), who isn't even hired yet, herself, and whose own loyalty to the company is pretty heavily based on Yagami, who is planning to leave the company before they even become full employees.

Edit: not that the person assessing them knows about that last part yet, though...

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 3:12AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 15 Sep 00:50
joined May 23, 2015

Nene being a college student shouldn't really cause a disparity, as Naru is still a student, too, just at a different kind of college. Unless the issue is not being able to work full-time.

Also, Nene's motivation for picking up programming was because she wouldn't be able to work at the company as a debugger again. So her entire reason for learning was because she wanted to work at that specific company again. I'm not really sure I'd question her loyalty.

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:51AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 14:03
joined May 23, 2015

The only things over the past few days that I can recall posting as a direct reply to them have been basically telling them to stop it...

If I've inadvertently posted something that could reasonably construed otherwise, it wasn't intentional, so I'll apologize if it was unclear.

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 12:54
joined May 23, 2015

Cripes, let it go already. You've both got lots of other people you can talk to and post long dissections of the posts of.

Hey, I've been trying to end it for days, but they still seem to want to follow me around and attempt to insult me and start more arguments (or demand further responses to old ones) on every post they see me make.

At this point, I'm as troubled by it as others are annoyed!

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 12:22
joined May 23, 2015

Why did you have to quote that post? Because it caused me to accidentally see the "in one night" comment, and now I'm just laughing at the idea that they spent a single night frantically debugging code, but still had time to go change clothes at least four times.

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 09:26
joined May 23, 2015

I can understand that mentality, but nothing presented in-story points to the same concept being true there, too, though. It doesn't even seem to be presented as what she, herself, was worried about-- she just wanted to show off and was frustrated that she couldn't do so as well as she wanted.

Besides, the person responsible for assessing her is another programmer. One with a pretty firm grip of the schedule and how much is getting done.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 9:53AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 08:50
joined May 23, 2015

"Talking about anything with this person is pointless, so I am going to stop."

"You're still talking with other people, so that was clearly a lie!"

How the fuck does logic work?

And that's the last post of theirs I'm even going to look at.

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 08:29
joined May 23, 2015

I think they're just jealous that I moved on and started seeing other people after breaking up with them, and how dare I continue talking to other people about topics that used to be just between the two of us!

moguTL
New Game discussion 14 Sep 02:09
joined May 23, 2015

I like the implication that the anime episode airing somehow proved me completely wrong and caused me to ignore them, despite my explicitly stating three hours before the episode aired that I wasn't going to continue the discussion any further.

But they don't seem to be very good with reading, cause and effect, and actually accounting for all facts, instead preferring to make up their own.

But by all means, keep trying to hound me about it, acheiving nothing but clogging up the thread and annoying everyone else.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 2:12AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 22:28
joined May 23, 2015

And on an unrelated note, it's easy to forget because of how much the anime can recolor memories if things (just look at Mozuku), but consider that in the manga the Valentine, the New Year, and even the Christmas chapters all came when they were well into production of PECO. They've been working on it for nearly a full year at this point.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 22:16
joined May 23, 2015

Not to break into conversations, but you're kind of being rude to this person? They weren't responding to you and they never said anything implying speed wasn't a factor in her evaluation? Like yes speed is important, all technical skills are, but if you're being rude to your group mates who you need to work together with to complete your assignments you won't be hired, or if you are, you certainly won't be treated well/an easy firing target.

(Post clipped for space.)

Even acknowledging that they've posted at all just makes things worse at this point.

I will, however, reply to you! Yes, interpersonal skills are important-- just look how much the art team is worried over Momo not getting along with anyone. And shes just a socially awkward, while Naru is outright standoffish.

But I was also referring to how, until things blew up on her, Naru is shown to have been giving up any semblence of quality to gamble entirely on getting things done just that small bit faster.

And honestly, and amount of speed is worthless if the end product is unusable.