Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

We can't help having doubts about Kiku's feelings because the story hasn't given any reason to justify Kiku falling in love with Sena. Sena is a recluse with no friends and social life to speak of. Maybe Kiku is a secrete fan of Sena's books? It's hard to tell if Sena has even published any of her novels yet, let alone if Kiku is a fan of her work. At this point it's much more plausible that Kiku just wants to be with Sena because she looks like her sister.

last edited at Aug 31, 2021 7:58PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

A character being flawed isn't a bad thing. But there's gotta be a balance to it. They gotta be flawed but also have some good qualities to them to make them sympathetic. If the character is just an asshole all around, the readers aren't gonna care about them.

Shiho isn't just flawed. She's an unsympathetic asshole, and that's a problem with the writing. It makes her very hard to give a damn about her.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:55PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness?

Wait a second. What she loves wasn't tainted by bitterness. It was tainted by Shiho being a sore loser. She only has herself to blame, and it's natural that most readers won't like her. Why would they? No one likes a sore loser.

And that's the problem with this arc. Everything revolves around Shiho but the story hasn't done anything to make us care about her or sympathize with her. She's just a sore loser. Whether she wins or loses, whether she gets better or stays a bitch, this arc feels like a waste of time all the same because Shiho is an unsympathetic asshole either way.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:38PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 16 Aug 09:19
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

What have Maki done to deserve this?

Well, for once, she's way too passive. That doesn't mean she deserves this, but it does explain why she keeps getting shat on.

You can't expect nice things to happen to you by default. You've gotta be assertive and take charge. That's the only way.

But don't get me wrong, Liz is an asshole, and I'm hoping Maki will just forget about her and move on.

last edited at Aug 16, 2021 9:21AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

How can they date when no one has asked the other?

But Tsukushi did ask, kinda.... She asked Hinoka to tell her she loved her. Chances are Hinoka misunderstood this as a confession.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Ah yes,judge the yuri comic

Except this isn't a yuri comic. It runs in Comic Flapper, which isn't a yuri magazine. And while non-yuri magazines do publish yuri manga sometimes, those manga are generally stated as being yuri. This one is not.

I'd say the tag should be changed to "yuri crush" for now. If later on we get some actual yuri, the tag can be changed again.

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 11:10PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

If there's gonna be cheating (and it's almost a given) I hope the mangaka will commit to it, instead of trying to resolve things with some sort of 3P at the end. That's such a cheap way of resolving things. I want real consequences, not a cop out.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's going to be an interesting seeing her trying to prevent the two from hooking up. I say she will want to strangle him then and there.

I don't think that's gonna be a thing. It looks like Senpai met the dude when she was way older. By then her acting career had already tanked. Also, she clearly didn't want to get marry, but since her career failed, she didn't have many options.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It seems to make her more OP if she is gonna fight the stampeed AND the dragon.

I get the feeling Euphi will deal with the stampede while Anise focuses on the dragon. So I don't think the dragon will be weaker or anything like that.

This is overall a good development since we'll see how Anise fights a freaking dragon without OP magic. That's good in my book.

last edited at Jul 18, 2021 5:56PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I wonder why they changed it in the manga so she doesn't have the dragon demon stone already imbeded in herself like in the LN? There was no dragon in the stampeed- it was an ogre right?

She had already killed a dragon and made a flying thingy out of it and got its stone and used it on herself in the past- here she is on her broom and the dragon is here?

Isn't it cooler this way? I mean, now we get a fight with a freaking dragon. That's much better than some random ogre.

Kazu-kun
Image Comments 13 Jul 04:29
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014
E590rreveamkqrj-orig

This is a crack pairing. Both of them are actually head over heels for Kiana.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

What the hell is that last pic.

You'll get the joke if you watch the anime.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

"What series is this? I'm subscribed?"
"Ohh, that series. Cool."
"Mmm, part hot, but part tease."
"Wait, 'fin' at the end?"

Every chapter has fin at the end....

Anyways that last page is raising a flag or maybe thats just me....

Just you. I see that "I hope we'll be together forever" kinda line a lot and it never means anything of note.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Okay, now I'm sure that True Blood is hiding something from Noel. Sure, in the past the humans probably treated the demi-human races like shit, but there must be a reason Kiki, a demi-human herself, still chose to help the church. This tells me that True Blood is not looking out for the demi-humans' best interest. Their goal must be something else.

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 7:03PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This appears to be the sequel to Cat, the Detached Observer, from the same anthology.

The main character is called the same way so it's definitely the sequel.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Not to mention, we don't actually know how much we can trust either side's words in this.

Exactly. Neither side can be trusted. Dorothy and Maria should form their own faction. And they definitely need to have a talk with the werewolf girl, since she must know the truth. A werewolf is a demi-human after all.

last edited at May 25, 2021 12:02PM

Kazu-kun
The Train discussion 24 May 00:33
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This was pretty sad...if you look at the chat log, you can also see that MC has tried to keep in touch with the ex(?) more than once, but she never got a response back (just left on read).

But this is the issue. She made a choice. She chose to leave. She has no right to expect her ex to keep in contact or wait for her or whatever. No everyone likes long-distance relationships and the MC should respect that.

last edited at May 24, 2021 12:35AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Definitely interested in seeing where it goes from here. But unlike others I don't want to see Maria and Dorothy split up, because then it seems unlikely we would be getting any more yuri content for a long time.

I don't want that either. It would be better if they formed their own faction or something. They could recruit Shanon and the werewolf girl too. That would be cool.

True Blood is really fishy anyway. They claim they want to punish the humans and pure blood vampires for what they did to the demi-humans, but if the werewolf girl is any indication, it doesn't seem like the demi-humans agree with their crap.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

We know that the Church is evil, now whether the Pope is lying his ass off or not, which I think he is, remains to be seen. Personally my thought are the Pope uses his daughter and becomes the final big bad.

The Church might be evil, but that doesn't mean the True Blood are good. There's a reason the werewolf girl who befriended Shanon was hunting down vampires from True Blood. That werewolf girl is probably a survivor of the demi-humans Noel was talking about, but it doesn't look like they're on friendly terms with True Blood. So either Noel is hiding something, or the True Blood didn't tell her the whole truth.

Other than that, I'm not totally convinced the pope is lying. He seems to genuinely care about Dorothy at the very least. That's the vibe I got from him a few chapters back, and it's consistent with his behavior in this chapter.

On another note, I'm curious what Maria is gonna do. The choice she has to make is not between the Church and True Blood, but between her sister and Dorothy. So it's more about where Maria's feelings are rather than who's right or wrong. That's interesting.

last edited at May 23, 2021 7:40PM

Kazu-kun
The Train discussion 23 May 15:15
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Honestly MC is better off with someone else that isn't as selfish.

If anything the MC was the selfish one. She was the one who left in the first place. She had no right to expect the other girl to wait for her or whatever.

last edited at May 23, 2021 3:16PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I think we’ll still have a poly end, but now it’s not looking like a slapdash “their lips touched and now they’re poly” anymore. There will probably come a time where Sayo and Rinna feel compelled to “compete” for Mei and when that arc comes to a climax that’ll be the moment Mei says “hold on who says it can’t be all three of us?” followed by some introspection and advice from out poly teachers

The teachers' relationship work because the three of them seem to love one another. Sayo and Rinna only love Mei though, and nothing Mei says will change that. I guess Mei could try to convince them to share instead of competing over her, but that would be a pretty shitty move, imo.

All in all, the poly route seem pretty unlikely, and that's probably for the better.

last edited at Apr 24, 2021 3:01AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

There is no way this doesn't end in poly I refuse to even entertain the thought

3P rather than poly since both girls only love Mei.

Actually that's still poly!

I guess, but it's really just harem shit. It would be more interesting and grounded if all parties loved one another, like the girls from chapter 8. Not gonna happen though.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

There is no way this doesn't end in poly I refuse to even entertain the thought

3P rather than poly since both girls only love Mei.

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 11:41PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's not meant to be whatever you consider "good writing." The author wrote this to vent her anger after it was made public in Japan that some prestigious medical universities were doctoring entrance exams to decrease the number of female students. According to the author's afterword at the end of volume 1, she was pretty fucking angry about this, and wrote the story to express her frustration. So it's not meant to be some balanced social commentary or whatever. It's meant as reaction to the rampant injustice that actually exists in real life.

Yeah, there's tropes for it. But angry soapboxing about something you're Mad As Hell about adds no inherent merit to the work, and puerile revenge fantasies do not particularly meet my criteria of worthwhile reading.

Revenge might not have merit to you, but if helped this person get this shit out of her chest, then it had enough merit in my book.

YMMV of course but I'd prefer my social commentary with some thought and sophistication.

Again, it wasn't really meant to be social commentary. It was just a reaction to real-life shit. If that's not enough for you, that's your problem.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 10:23AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Social commentary on the shitty treatment women get at the hands of men in Japan (and globally) is arguably not common enough. People who are complaining about the men being "cartoonishly evil" should really take a step back and realize what sort of absurd shit is normally just accepted in anime/manga. Something to counter the typical sexism should be welcomed rather than dismissed.

I fail to see how Chick Tracts level of ham-fistedness is supposed to be the way to go about it.

Certainly doesn't make for good writing.

It's not meant to be whatever you consider "good writing." The author wrote this to vent her anger after it was made public in Japan that some prestigious medical universities were doctoring entrance exams to decrease the number of female students. According to the author's afterword at the end of volume 1, she was pretty fucking angry about this, and wrote the story to express her frustration. So it's not meant to be some balanced social commentary or whatever. It's just a reaction to the rampant injustice that actually exists in real life.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 10:12AM