Forum › Posts by Faylicia

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 19:15
Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Most of male otaku fanbase is for self insert. That is sad truth. That is why anime with self insert is and always will be better selling.

The opposite can be seen in Hakuouki, which I liked, but the protagonist was so bland... omg, I can't hate her because she was nice but she was such a plain character and it was obviously deliberate.
I hope I have more choice in the game but it seems that unless she gets with the demon she will just be as plain as ever I really liked Hijikata though... sigh~ Btw, a Hakuouki type yuri would be great without the harem part maybe better though, a wealthy girl in feudal Japan fall in love with a kunoichi that comes to steal her father's documents blah blah blah blah, something like that :P

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 7:18PM

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 19:08
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hm, I'm not really looking for a sad story. I just want it nice and romantic. I don't really enjoy the stories where they die either... I mean, sometimes I really do but others it just feel like "oh they died again -.-"
Okay, okay, I might watch a bit more of Valkyrie Drive, though that girl's breasts are so big... it puts me off so much -.- And EW... I thought Seikon no Qwaser was disgusting... I didn't watch it just some videos on youtube and ugh, it's cringey... but yeah I'm happy those guys are mad there's no harem for them, muahahaha ^-^''' There is one ecchi anime I Really like though, Re: Cutie Honey, obviously :P It's so cute omg >.<

And no, I didn't mean Monster had any romance in it. I just meant that I'd like a series like Monster with some yuri romance mixed in ^-^... ah but if the degree of the romance was as much as in Monster I'd still be kind of happy I guess. As long as the main character was a tall dark cool woman that is ready to kick anyone that gets in her way! >///<

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 7:13PM

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 17:11
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hm, I don't know about the cookbook? What is that? :D

The gay only increases with each new chapter.

Also, if you're interested in webcomics.

Oh that one, omg, yeah, it never fails to make me hungry. Yeah, it's cute but I like that type of romance that makes you sigh ^///^
Yeah I checked that already but I didn't really like most of them. I still saved a few to check later on :D I read that the person updating the list is gone though :(

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 17:08
joined Mar 8, 2014

Valkyrie Drive was awesome, i will fuckin fite you

Though seriously, I think you've probably reached the point every dedicated yuri fan eventually does, where you either have to learn Japanese or diversify your hobbies.

I-I don't knoww ^-^''''', I didn't really like the moaning and the big breasts... >.>
I have a lot of hobbies alreadyyyy >.< I actually try to follow a lot GL comics but I don't really like a lot of the western ones because they are usually not focused on romance. I like Roomie though. Hm, talking about Belgian, I think a Tintin yuri type comic would be really cool ahaha ^-^'''(?). I also watch sooome films but I end disappointed by a lot of them, like the Botanist's daughter -.-... And I read GL books as well, but a lot of them are juuust... meh... not sooo 'sentimental' for my taste. But my favorite one is Silhouette of a Sparrow <3
I do have a lot of hobbies it's just that I need yuri to relieve my stress at the end of the day. I just need to see that passionate romance to feel at ease. I like het too :D buuut yuri is what really makes my heart flutter ^///^''' ahahah... I don't really like yaoi though, I don't dislike it either, 19 days is kind of cool, but that has about the same effect on me as watching something non-romance.

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 16:51
joined Mar 8, 2014

Really, all I see are some touhou/love live/aikatsu doujinshi or some smutty manga that are all about sex and nothing more. Does anyone else feel the same as me? I think last year it was a bit better, there was something interesting every week...

There, there. Don't be like that, fellow yuri lover. We've been getting quite a bunch of Takemiya Jin's stuff this year already. Also that incredibly gay cookbook, and ongoing Lily Love, Their Story and other series.

I even started getting tired of Citrus, I used to really like it but I'm starting to feel it's getting a bit repetitive and the drama isn't even that dramatic, it's just kind of blowing things out of proportion.

And this comes to us all, I guess? =p

Hm, I don't know about the cookbook? What is that? :D
Also tbh, I really like stuff like for example Tropical Ririon and things like that, kind of dramatic and sentimental. Very romantic stuff ^///^ I also like anime with subtext like Ga Rei Zero, you know, but we haven't been getting those either!! >.< (unless it's some moe thing)

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 4:55PM

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 16:50
joined Mar 8, 2014

Pretty sure it's nostalgia talking. I think there's been more original yuri so far this year than in the same months last year. A lot of quality oneshots and series. It just ain't true.

Hm, maybe but I think it's counting the web comics '-', or maybe we just have different tastes.

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 16:48
joined Mar 8, 2014

Always Human is pretty good: http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/always-human/list?title_no=557
I highly recommend it.

Yeah I recently started reading that :D
Though the fall in love kind of fast... or um, maybe they don't fall in love?

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 4:49PM

Faylicia
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 15:52
joined Mar 8, 2014

These latest months I haven't seen many yuri manga :(... I really like Momono Moto's new one and some others (though they haven't been updated in a long time). Really, all I see are some touhou/love live/aikatsu doujinshi or some smutty manga that are all about sex and nothing more. Does anyone else feel the same as me? I think last year it was a bit better, there was something interesting every week... Though at least there's FF and WDTFS and some other ones on Lezhin anyway, though those are all webcomics. I love them and the more mature setting as well... And by the way, also some of the high school romance manga are a bit... dumb lately, like the one where they swap bodies. Sure, it's cute but >.>... I even started getting tired of Citrus, I used to really like it but I'm starting to feel it's getting a bit repetitive and the drama isn't even that dramatic, it's just kind of blowing things out of proportion.
Also the ANIME. Goshhhh... no yuri anime this year aside from Valkyrie Drive which is mostly about SEX. AGAIN. (I don't mean literally, but it's sexual and... just... weird... >.>). Pleaseee. We need a new mystery/suspense/drama anime where the protagonist is a super cool dark tall lady that falls in love with the crazy girly girl!!! Something like Monster, but yuri! That would be so great.
Anyway, I just wanted to create this topic to share these feelings with everyone. I hope I'm not the only one feeling this... sigh~ ;_;

joined Mar 8, 2014

One of the comments on comico said that the author said they may keep the story all fluttery and end it like that with no other progression
What do you guys think about that? D;

Sounds quite possible to be honest

Omg hell no!!!! I don't mind if she'll continue getting me frustrated every week but she cannot end it like that!!!!!~ It would ruin me, I would die~

Exactly, no way!! Why would it end like that?! It makes no sense!!

Faylicia
Swap discussion 08 Mar 08:40
joined Mar 8, 2014

creepy... >.>
Also they're too similar... to be compatible...

joined Mar 8, 2014

I agree with you, I think No-rae should be the one to make a move. She was really scared in the beginning but there was some development in the meantime so hopefully she is feeling better now. I never really though FF went in circles too much but if in this case it does repeat the same pattern of being afraid it will fail. Maybe Seol-a will seem kind of depressed which will make No-rae worry and then there will be drama and they will finally realize what they feel for each other... or maybe some guy could hit on Seol-a and make No-rae jealous. I think something like that could work well at this point.
Why do I sound so serious? ^///^

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 6:03AM

Faylicia
Magan&Danai discussion 06 Mar 07:28
joined Mar 8, 2014

Which one of them actually is the author? For serious

The tall one. You can see her working on art in a couple chapters, plus she posts art on her weibo.

wasn't it the short one? I mean the messages in the end hint at that... ? Also they both seem to go to art college.

Faylicia
Magan&Danai discussion 05 Mar 22:37
joined Mar 8, 2014

^ to readers who haven't known yet: Yes the story is about the author and her significant other.
While you might see the comic as light-hearted and/or amusing, the author herself is a sweet girl irl, sensitive and seems like she cries on spur of moment quite a lot (e.g when she woke up in the middle of the night, looked at her partner sleeping face and cried . . = c = ) She mostly chose the witty part, and of course add some spices before putting them in the comic, as I see
yeah I follow their weibo and I gather as much

wow, really? I'm really interested now! :D tell us more about her :)

Faylicia
Their Story discussion 05 Mar 05:54
joined Mar 8, 2014

yeah... I couldn't care less about Qi Fang... -.-

Faylicia
Pulse discussion 04 Mar 03:08
joined Mar 8, 2014

I like this better than Donut :P

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

Awwww, this is so cuteee .< whooaaaaaa it gave me the chillsssss omggggggg, O_O

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

You are right but I think that a lot of things will start happening after this... and I don't think Sumin is going to stop, it would be waaaay too repetitive if she did. And I'm not sure um... it was a bit predictable but at the same time really cute... like Sumin is really worried about Sungji and reading some previous chapters I think she might have been more worried about her than herself... In the flashback, remembering how attached she got to Seju when they did it... I think she wasn't scared for herself only but more scared for Sungji... because all her relationships have failed maybe she is not really confident that she can make Sungji happy and give her the love she needs... but I think now she is starting to understand that Sungji loves her the way she is and she just... omgggg >.< I have no words!! I like the characters too much so maybe I'm a bit biased... I mean Sumin... she's so cool, goshhhh

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

yes, I agree, I kind of hate Seju but that's mainly because I really relate to Sungji and I really like Sumin so I don't want Seju to get in the way ^-^***, but I totally get her. Seju did really wrong but she was suffering and maybe things would have worked out better for her and Sumin if they had tried to understand each other and if Sumin had given her a second chance but she couldn't forgive her. AND that lead to her eventually finding Sungji, who is much more suitable for her than Seju I believe.
And yeah I hope Seju gets a happy-kind-of-ending... But this is not Seju's story so she doesn't even have to get an ending. As long as her "story" is pointing to a happy ending that would be fine I guess... and I don't know about Nam but like, maybe the reason she was introduced was for this. The story is too short to have them together but in the end maybe we will see Seju blushing at Nam or something, showing that something might develop between them... But that outcome is predictable... and apparently there's a shocking plot twist, which is what really bothers me!! >.<

joined Mar 8, 2014

just kiss alreaddyyyyyyyy ohmygosh!!!

Faylicia
Magan&Danai discussion 14 Feb 18:25
joined Mar 8, 2014

AwwwwwwWWW~~

Faylicia
Image Comments 13 Feb 19:57
joined Mar 8, 2014
54976489_p0

omg, so cool, the background, everything!!! though tbh... it would look better with normal hair colors but I guess it wouldn't be MikuxLuka then!! >.<
is that background a cafe thouhg?! it looks so cool omg... the art I can't... and Luka so cool, sigh~~ ♥♥
Okay, okay, Miku and Luka are co-workers, Luka is Miku's boss so Miku is really formal around her, they are in a cafe but Luka accompanies Miku to the bathroom and then corners her which makes Miku apprehensive.
But why caramel macchiato?

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 7:58PM

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

omg I looked up Taeyeon though and she's nothing like Sumin apart from the clothes in those photos... she's too cute actually... the face, makeup... Sumin is so cool, not girly like that >.> omg
And yeah I don't think Sumin would cheat on Sungji either... it was just a dumb example. But definitely not go back to Seju, because I'm pretty sure that would destroy the flow of the narrative unless it ended abruptly... In any case I don't think there is any possible way of making it a good story if she ends up with her... I mean, there can be plot twists but they have to follow the narrative, you can't suddenly change protagonist or focal character in the middle of the story >.< Also I HATE Seju... No tbh, I understand her, but her whole attitude all those years has shown that she is sneaky and rather manipulative... not someone Sumin wants to be with...
And Sumin... she's so cool, but kind of delicate deep inside... >///< she's great!

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah I guess maybe she was missing her too, I don't know...
I don't mean that it's necessary for there to be a happy ending, I just mean that if they don't end up together I don't think it's not going to be because Sumin wants to go back to Seju and realizes she loves her... because that would would have to change the whole logic of the story since Seju would need to become more important than she is as a character... or either Sumin will lose her position as the focal character...
I believe... one way this could not end so well but at the same time not feel disorganized would be making a sort of parallel. So for example, something would happen to Sungji which would cause Sumin to get insecure and she would cheat on her with Seju. Then she would realize she made a mistake but it will be too late because Sungji has found out... The story would focus on how Sumin deals with this but again we would keep following Sungji through Sumin's point of view. Basically I think it's like Sumin is narrating a story where Sungji is the protagonist so this shouldn't suddenly be changed.

Faylicia
joined Mar 8, 2014

No matter how much i see it i just can't imagin sumin and sungi is end game ... [...]

I think the same could apply for Sungji, I don't think it seems like very good writing to introduce a protagonist just to have her get heartbroken and move the focus onto some other character.

Happy endings don't always mean the two protagonists ending up with each other. A happy ending can be someone growing up and lerning from their experiences too

Yes I agree that maybe there would be a way of making them not be together... but everything in the story does seem to point at them being together... The main reason why I say this is being Sungji is the protagonist of the story but on the other hand Sumin is the focal character. This automatically makes the story about Sumin's life and how Sungji, the protagonist influences it. They could break up in the end but I think it would be hard to make Sumin go back to Seju because it would either require the focus to shift to Sungji and her heartbreak taking it away from Sumin or the opposite, making Sumin the protagonist and discarding Sungji as unrelated to the whole story. It would be strange to have all these flashbacks about Sumin's life and then suddenly shift to how Sungji deals with hers. It would also be strange to have Sungji as the protagonist we follow through the whole story just to leave her behind afterwards. If the author was going to do that I think they would have taken a different approach from the beginning... But I have no clue what they're planning to do. Apparently there's a plot twist (?).
Also I don't think that there's any reason for Sungji to "grow up"... I mean she is in love with Sumin and she is serious about her and Sumin seems to be as well... why would Sumin dump her just because she is inexperienced in love? I don't always think maturity comes with how many relationships you've had or how old you are... And it is possible the whole story is hinting at this, because Sumin has had so many relationships and she still struggles and Sungji might not have had any but she knows she wants Sumin and she isn't afraid to show it.
And um, I don't think it was that Sumin missed Sungji that much... as she said she believed Sungji was mad at her and she was guilty because she didn't show her how much she meant to her and they just had this sort of fallout before Sungji left... so I think Sungji wanted to go see her in order to apologize and by doing that she wanted to show her that she was actually important to her and that she cared. Maybe it was a bit needy that she didn't wait until Sungji came back but she had been kind of indifferent this whole time and I think she felt like she wanted to do something sweet for her as well... I wouldn't really say she's needy in an unhealthy way based on only this, well she does have a certain degree of fear of intimacy due to insecurity but I don't think it's that bad that it won't be solved if they just talk. And well a tiny bit possessive is fine I think, anything is fine as long as it doesn't cause either of them problems, isn't it? If Sungji disliked it maybe they wouldn't be right for each other but she seems to like it so ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
Yes, I don't think Seju should end up with Nami because there's no time to establish a relationship between them but maybe in the end we will see something that hints at them getting together in the future and I think that would be fine... or Seju will turn into an antagonist and try to kill Sungji and pretend she's pregnant with Sumin's bab---- wait, that only happens in telenovelas. Hahahah, I mean I hope something dumb like that doesn't happen, though she second part is obviously out of question.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 6:30PM

Faylicia
Image Comments 11 Feb 18:03
joined Mar 8, 2014
Ayase%20goes%20out%20looking%20for%20girls%20[yuriproject]

;_;