Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is soya sauce on fried eggs a Japanese thing? I love the stuff but never thought to put it on a friend egg- it seems like it wouldnt go very well and would mostly run off anyways.. Only red or brown sauce really work for fried eggs.

last edited at May 4, 2020 2:24AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Lol

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^Well, its not a wedding ring. Its very thin and small- I wondered if these 2 had a relationship and it was from the girl but it doesn't seem so- so I guess the ring has no particular significance.

@ yuri n wine I wouldnt say I find that precure OC nurse creepy- her design, and this nurses too, are fine imo- but I DONT like the OC insert in general in those doujins- the show is full of girls to pair up already- and it seems like the mangaka is kinda obsessed with her.. which gives it a weird vibe for me.

last edited at May 2, 2020 10:47PM

elevown
Image Comments 02 May 12:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Bday

@Random Wanderer So you did lol- missed that somehow! Not that I knew mind-control girls name- she wasn't in s2 very much and its been a good while since i've seen it.

elevown
Image Comments 02 May 12:22
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^yup but there isnt a tag for that - so science babies is as close as there is.

elevown
Image Comments 02 May 10:19
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@BugDevil Just because we saw that vision- and that it looks like he survived that fight, doesn't mean for sure thats what it was- but assuming it is- it still doesn't mean he is STILL alive. Aerith has been acting like he isnt the whole game right? not like he's off on holiday somewhere or something.. maybe he died in some later pregame event that we will find out about later that will have some impact on how the future story goes.

last edited at May 2, 2020 10:20AM

elevown
Image Comments 02 May 09:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

As far as I know they dont care about this game fitting into a broader narrative- yes because the wider ff7 stuff exists they can and do want to pull from it- it would be silly to pretend the other lore desn't exist- but that doesnt mean ff7 r has to stay 'true' to what happened story wise, if they want to change stuff!

We already have several people alive at this point that either were dead - or we didnt know for sure but assumed to be dead. You can still tell the same story around ANY of them being alive or not- or anyone dying or not going forward..

BUT- not killing Aerith is a really big deal- I dunno if they can do that.. sure she doesn't have to die for plot reasons, it was just such a significant part of the narrative.. But on the other hand- ff games dont follow on from each other- and this being a remake, it doesn't REALLY impact what is meant to have happened in any of the related stuff like CC or AC- you can just say they are spin offs of the OG not this version- this game just benefits from their further lore.

They could even have it optional- or in a DLC, so people could choose themselves if it should be part of their games lore or not that she lives? I feel if they want to make it a possibility, that would be better- like if you go out your way to make it so then its your choice- if you want to be true to the OG then you dont? Certainly back in the day MANY fans wanted to believe their was a hidden way to save her and regularly begged square to change her fate, so its not like they wouldn't have a reason to consider it.

But if you are asking us if we THINK she will still die- I think most people would say they still expect her to yes.

last edited at May 2, 2020 10:03AM

elevown
Image Comments 01 May 22:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Bday

^^Depends what you mean- if you mean the 'top' as in dominant one- then she is right here! Kuroko might be sat on her lap but look at their expressions lol- Misaka is clearly the top and kuroko the sub here. (As unlikely as that is to ever happen lol).

elevown
Image Comments 01 May 21:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So Shanghi was just made big not human? I dont really remember but I thought she was human or yokai now in the previous ones. Ignoring the both being girls thing, I not sure a living doll could get Marisa pregnant even with Eirin's help!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

No, she definitely lost...

I agree here- its still a loss even if she doesn't go for it, because the end result is the same. Going for it and failing would be more painful short term- but A) she might of had a chance- and B) is less pain and regret long term.

last edited at May 1, 2020 1:50AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

For whatever reason I never picked this up and just checked in here to get an idea.. hearing we get a kiss at 188 and it ends at 190 is.. well, i'd proffer it was earlier so they can develop the couple more as a couple- but if it at least gets a yuri end I think I WILL read it- but only once its finished.. I dont like hanging on for ages and ages to get a resolution.

last edited at May 1, 2020 1:54AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ Yup- whats with the sudden influx of 'I can't ever tell them' tropes lol?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I decided to read it again since it poped up on featured- it's pretty good, but was never a favourite. (The main story)

But does anyone else find the 2 MC pretty odd? Jun seems super flat emotionally most of the time - like she hardly cares and has no interests and is 3/4 asleep.. And Myuu seems even stranger- like she might be on the autism spectrum?

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 11:25PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Such a naff old annoying and dumb trope - BUT - was worth reading for the credit page lol :)

last edited at Apr 30, 2020 7:16AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Goggled Anon Probably > 70% of stuff on this site is fan work you know..

What we do is a bit different and much more frowned upon than fanwork

I dont really see why - because its not of a major published IP? If thats it, then its exactly the same in terms of morals imo- scale has no baring- even a massive IP was created by someone and people put a lot of work into making it, even if it is published by a big company and sold in shops. I don't see how a doujin like this would effect sales of the real thing except positively- they are not competing for the same sales- the author isn't about to try and sell a ero version of kase san,

The Doujin market is just something that exists and is a part of the culture and all the creators accept it and dont run around trying to sue everyone making fan work- except in certain cases that cross whatever lines- like i assume you couldnt publish a doujin of someones IP in the sense of by a proper publisher nationwide and sold in shops without getting sued.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:07AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was hot! Can we get something along these lines in cannon now please :)

@Goggled Anon Probably > 70% of stuff on this site is fan work you know..

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 10:25AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I think nobody knows that except the author.. was giving her the ring a good thing in the long run or not? Ive no idea.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 1:03AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What did this have to do with the amber tea house manga? It wasnt at the amber tea house, and it wasn't the same characters?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Obligatory Childhood friend in love for the longest time and unhappy because they missed their chance in favor of another woman.

Most likely- there is the option she is just jealous of someone taking up her best friends time too- but we don't get that very often.

^I assume it wasn't serious, she just can't help harmless flirting maybe, and wouldnt really go for her- but who knows. We don't really know much at all about her yet or how she has been in relationships- except it seems she's had more than a few.

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 11:27AM

elevown
Daily Smile discussion 26 Apr 10:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Last bubble on page 7 - UP is missing after PICKED.

elevown
Yuru Oyako discussion 26 Apr 10:00
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Please use the lolicon tag next. Age gap doesn't necessarily mean a child and an adult.

Considering some of the things on this very site, yes the hell it does

And the term "loli" only apples to characters under the age of 13......can't really be a loli if she's 15

Loli CAN be used for older girls - even adults sometimes IF they look physically like a loli - tho it can be argued fairly you shouldn't then. BUT anyway - in this case, the tag on this site isnt LOLI its lolicon- there are NO lolicons in this series. That would need MOM to be into her daughter- and she isn't.

Also they use age gap AND lolicon tags when both apply. They are not mutually exclusive. Here, only the age gap applies. And yuri and incest apply because of the daughters desires- she doesn't have to have got anywhere to make them true.

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 9:58PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Well- If a story has loads of subtext- but it eventually stops being subtext in later chapters and becomes real romance- I guess it should still keep the subtext tag and also have a romance tag right?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Thiron I know this is an ancient post lol but to have it on record in here - Alice was never a human. Her mother is the Goddess of Makai and just created herself a daughter.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not my Fav ship by a good bit, but this was really sweet and well done!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is there a name for this kinda flip book anime style manga?