Forum › Posts by Dark_Tzitzimine

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 20:16
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just look at Seikon No Qwaser, it's very similar to Valkyrie Drive, but with a male protegonist and mostly straight characters and got a 2nd season, while VD won't.

We dont know that for sure, just today Famitsu ran a piece about the event with the seiyus last month that ended saying to keep an eye on the series webpage for future news while Takaki tweeted about working hard to make VD and Uppers a lobg running series like Senran Kagura.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lack of good yuri :( 08 Mar 17:38
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Valkyrie Drive is the worst anime I have ever seen, not even the yuri could save the piece of shit anime that is basically hentai.

So funny how terribly wrong you are.

Your right Im really wrong when the plot isn't like a generic shoneun manga or anything the bad guys lose and the main characters saves the day The plot should win awards for how well its written, I cried at how good it was. It made me think what life is really about and how im living it the wrong way. I should just sexual arouse everyone I see, you never know what powers that lie within them. Sarcasm

You're right, the plot is essentially a shounen but well, that kind of repetition is to be expected on any kind of long running genre. Is like bitching because 70% of yuri series happen in high school, it comes with the territory.

Having said that, VDM is supported by its excellent characters and it gives enough twists to the usual tropes to stand out among the genre.

It is very erotic but it was always upfront about it so expecting something else is absurd. Personally, those sequences took a backseat at the amazing characterization.

And hey, the series got a huge female following and left its mark in the fandom. Nothing bad for a new IP

Dark_Tzitzimine
Image Comments 07 Mar 18:00
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Steeloath_02

These two strips take a whole new meaning after seeing the 3rd miniOVA

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 6:00PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
maxtribe discussion 07 Mar 17:50
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just letting you guys know that Maxtribe and Saharan VDM are also the same author.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Image Comments 07 Mar 17:45
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Punishmentgame

FYI, the artist is Saharan VDM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bhikkhuni Drama CD summary courtesy of /u/

http://pastebin.com/ZHnD6W4T

Then Ranka cuts viola off by destroying the table. Ranka said she won’t let Viola tarnish Rinka’s reputation using petty tricks. And proceed to reveal Rinka’s real three sizes, 93-57-84, a H-cup. Her favorite food is bread with cream filling and her current dilemma is finding a country where she can marries her little sister. Her strong point is her cuteness and her weakness is that she’s too cute. Rinka ask Ranka how did she know the precise number of her three sizes and ask what’s this about marrying little sister. Ranka thought Rinka was embarrassed and tell her to just declare it to everyone that they love each other.

Based Ranka

Oh, and the website added some character specific short stories

http://valkyriedrive.marv.jp/bhikkhuni/special/shortstory.html

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Lewd Gamer has also translated the prologue and the first chapter

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/12/04/valkyrie-drive-siren-breakout-chapter-00/

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/01/12/16426/

Hopefully they will continue translating the series.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, remember Razz Art? With Starlight Vega coming close to release she has joined Unwonted Studio in the developing of a new Visual Novel for Steam.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unwonted/catch-canvas

In Catch Canvas, you start your adventure as you arrive at your uncle's cabin. Your uncle, a world-renowned artist, has agreed to take you under his wing and help push your art to the next level. Under his tutelage, your work may even be put on display at a prestigious, upcoming art exhibition, known for the instant fame it brings anyone lucky enough to participate.

After your arrival, however, you discover that it won't be so straightforward. Your uncle is nowhere to be found, and he has left you with the task of getting three young girls, all aspiring artists, to finish their Mars sculptures in a mere two weeks; or no exhibition for you! Worse yet, the girls are highly unmotivated, and have no desire to listen to you, a complete stranger.

Features:

Romance any girl as a male or female
Interactive choices that change the result of the game
Choose your gender and name your character!!
Can you help the girls finish their sculptures before the deadline?

Before someone gets their panties in a twist about the het route, Razz is only handling the art on the project (far as I can tell at least) with all the heavy duty being responsabilty of Unwonted Studio.

Having said that, the art direction for this game is pretty impressive and considering how well was Starlight Vega's Demo was, I believe this a project worth of checking out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What is with people obsession with realism? Like, in what moment the series even implied it would be a manual to BDSM?

You'll note that this was NOT at any time presented as a fantasy or SF story, thus placing it in some semblance of the real world, with the characters taking part in some semblance of real activities, albeit clearly hampered by the author's misunderstanding of how they actually work. So yes, it's implied to take place in the real world, magical aphrodisiac aside.

So? Is a fictional story. For definition the audience have come to accept breaks from reality due artistic reasons. Or are you telling me you think CSI or Law and Order are accurate representations of the way the legal system works in the US?

Not to mention, the author has chosen to take it upon herself to portray a practice which is much misunderstood and maligned thereby, so criticizing her when she gets it catastrophically wrong is absolutely fair game. No need for it to be "a manual to BDSM" to call it out on being as good at BDSM as "the ankle bone's connected to the neck bone" is an example of good anatomy.

Thing is, the BDSM is not really the focus of the story as much as a device to mold the setting and the characters according to the authors' vision. And that is something the story hasn't been concealed from the audience since the start. So expecting something more is pointless.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What is with people obsession with realism? Like, in what moment the series even implied it would be a manual to BDSM?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A kind anon on /u/ did a summary of the audio commentary for Episode 3

http://pastebin.com/Tr6wmZCw

Lots of interesting stuff.

Also

ITS HAPPENING

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/704945644830597120

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 3:37PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The plot thickens. Really looking forward to see where this is going.

This story has a plot? OMG, a PLOT? Excuse me, but may i ask where is that plot exactly? Really now, where has the author hidden that plot? Must be under a pebble!

Simple, all the stuff the Mistress is pulling is due whatever that yandere sub did to her in the past.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

In a recent online poll sponsored by Akiba Souken’s “Anime Portal” website, Japanese fans were asked to vote for their favorite yuri anime - anime that features an often-romanticized same-sex attraction between young ladies.

The poll ran from February 01 - February 29, 2016, and fans were allowed to pick their top 3 choices from a list of 20 candidates. The top ten results were as follows:

10.) Simoun. (71 votes)
09.) Valkyrie Drive - MERMAID. (101 votes)
08.) Yurikuma Arashi. (139 votes)
07.) Kannazuki no Miko. (169 votes)
06.) Sweet Blue Flowers. (173 votes)
05.) Strawberry Panic. (212 votes)
04.) Maria Watches Over Us. (264 votes)
03.) Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn. (328 votes)
02.) Sakura Trick. (1497 votes)
01.) YuruYuri. (1672 votes)

https://akiba-souken.com/article/26218/
http://otakomu.jp/archives/356015.html

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well now

In a recent online poll sponsored by Akiba Souken’s “Anime Portal” website, Japanese fans were asked to vote for their favorite yuri anime - anime that features an often-romanticized same-sex attraction between young ladies.

The poll ran from February 01 - February 29, 2016, and fans were allowed to pick their top 3 choices from a list of 20 candidates. The top ten results were as follows:

10.) Simoun. (71 votes)
09.) Valkyrie Drive - MERMAID. (101 votes)
08.) Yurikuma Arashi. (139 votes)
07.) Kannazuki no Miko. (169 votes)
06.) Sweet Blue Flowers. (173 votes)
05.) Strawberry Panic. (212 votes)
04.) Maria Watches Over Us. (264 votes)
03.) Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn. (328 votes)
02.) Sakura Trick. (1497 votes)
01.) YuruYuri. (1672 votes)

https://akiba-souken.com/article/26218/
http://otakomu.jp/archives/356015.html

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lavender discussion 01 Mar 16:56
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Add it up and we've got maybe one manga-chapter's worth so far, so it's no surprise not that much has happened. The pace is really pretty normal, the format has just given us the impression of more content than has actually come out yet.

That is not entirely accurate. While is true the story is being published akin to that of a webcomic, you're severely overstimating its pacing. Hell, see the way ONE writes and publishes One Punch Man, dude drops two or three pages every blue moon and still manages to create an adequate pacing, here though? is going at a snail pace.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The plot thickens. Really looking forward to see where this is going.

One questions though, what's with the Thai translation in the speech bubbles? And the dialogue was very rough in the flashback.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lily Love discussion 01 Mar 15:46
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh no Ploy, you don't get to suddenly be understanding ex after all the bullshit you've pulled.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Pack discussion 01 Mar 02:45
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I´m every time happy to see Doujins like this one. I do like the pairing of Meiling and Sakuya very much. And the best thing Meiling isn´t treated like some useless idiot.

I agree, this was a fantastic story. Some more lovey dovey time between Meiling and Sakuya would've been bad though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
rely on me discussion 29 Feb 13:01
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good to know I wasn't the only one having problems to follow the dialogue

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lily Love discussion 29 Feb 11:08
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So this is what being blue balled feels like.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

C'mon people, this is the same girl that showed an erotic picture with no care in the world. She's living the life.

And about the vaginas, first make a fund to abolish japanese censorship and then worry about teaching proper anatomy

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was really heartwarming although the beady eyes on the second admiral are freaking me out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Beat Magic discussion 25 Feb 22:43
Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I found more worrisome the implication that every mermaid (or at least the Royal family) are willing to commit themselves to any kind of BS just to satisfy their tragedy fetish.