Forum › Posts by Goggled Anon

Goggled Anon
Slow Start discussion 09 Feb 11:53
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Btw, head's up, next chapter's gonna be a real good'un.

Goggled Anon
Slow Start discussion 09 Feb 06:12
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Chapter 55 page 53 last panel - did they use the wrong speech bubble types for the last 2 bubbles?

Yeah. I'll probably wait until the typesetter's all caught up before looking into giving some long overdue QC. (Most of which is my fault, tbh)

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 6:14AM

Goggled Anon
Image Comments 04 Feb 20:41
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014
Dragvrhu8augmfq-orig

Yuri don't need no kabe to don with

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Not really a licensing issue, since it's being translated from Pixiv rather than the book (but obviously don't go saying that to the author herself). The main issue afaik is that Dynasty couldn't get permission from the group who translated the first 12 chapters, 9eth Translations, to upload here. The other groups, Mugeslowscans and now /u/ scanlations should be fine, but Dynasty may be against having that large chapter gap in there, and neither group's likely to want to retranslate the first 12 chapters just so they can be on here, unless they had any notable issue with the translation. That said, I feel like the non-numbered bonus chapters (ie. the one with flower names) and the two nsfw doujins scanlated by Hennojin should at least be fair game.

Either way, you can read it all (and I highly reccomend you do) over on Mangadex.
https://mangadex.org/title/23862/bocchi-kaibutsu-to-moumoku-shoujo

last edited at Feb 4, 2019 3:03PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Looks like she periodically has to destroy a bunch of stuff ...

Or at least that's what the chapter implies.

She's basically going through the lesbian demon king equivalent of No Nut November. No Annihilate August

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hey, I played that Luigi's Mansion arcade game when I was in Japan. Didn't last long, mind.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Guess who I spot on the cover

Goggled Anon
Oddman 11 discussion 27 Jan 06:02
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Also, what did Kinu mean on that last page, that Chouko's "really just like that bitch..."?

Pretty sure any time Kinu mentions "that bitch", it's probably referring to Kirara.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Dicks on page 3

Goggled Anon
Slow Start discussion 25 Jan 20:48
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"she must be ripped..."

Did you miss chapter 39 by any chance? Eiko KNOWS Kiyose is ripped.

Goggled Anon
Clones discussion 25 Jan 20:46
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Maybe just Clones, which covers a decent range of contexts outside of the selfcest genre.

Goggled Anon
Clones discussion 25 Jan 20:42
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Not Selfcest?

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Localizations are meant to be familiar, if they have established English names, a translation for an English speaking audience should use them.

For mainstream games, at least, since those are the ones even the most diehard of weebs are familiar is. It'd be a different issue for a doujin of a series that's received a dub (eg. I probably wouldn't translate a Smile Precure doujin with Glitter Force names).

Goggled Anon
Slow Start discussion 24 Jan 12:15
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Was that family travel thing with Hana in the anime? I don't remember. I don't remember this story with Eiko and Enami either. The last two chapters were nice, though.

Family vacation wasn't, but the EikoEnami skit was where they made it more obvious that Enami stuck the candy in her mouth first

Volume 5 will have a few things briefly referenced by the anime, such as Eiko and Kamu's backstory and those huge-ass pancake pillows we see in the OP, but it's mainly new content from her on out.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The fact that's who wrote this makes me think it's going to take a stupid twist like she falls in love with her but then goes back to her own world and marries the male version of the girl in the normal world.

It's been established that the girls Marika already knows of from her world are the same in the yuri world and vice versa, so a male Lily doesn't exist. Whether Lily from the original world is straight, on the other hand, is a hurdle we'll get to when we get there.

last edited at Jan 24, 2019 12:08PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

RIP SnowBunny

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

(not to mention, she brings that cam recorder on Asuka comic part).

Pretty sure it's a can of Monster. She's stalking for the long haul.

Goggled Anon
Slow Start discussion 21 Jan 13:52
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For the uninitiated what is /u/?

The most explicit is Eiko and Enami-sensei.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Are we just supposed to hope that Prison Town gets a better translation? I doubt that would happen at this point. I don't know, it just really upsets me that such a talented mangaka who could easily garner a decent audience here goes underrepresented. I read those chapters over on mangadex and there just isn't as strong of a community to really bring out any kind of worthwhile discussions on them over there.

If someone dumps the RAWs on /u/, the TL thread could probably take a look at it. I've been doing translations of the backstory comics Neji's been putting out on Pixiv there.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

also that actually going through the queue isn't quite as high on my interest in finding things to upload as going and finding things that I find interesting, not to speak for the other uploaders.

Here's the series in question, in the offchance that you yourself end up finding it interesting: https://mangadex.org/title/23862/bocchi-kaibutsu-to-moumoku-shoujo

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I can't help but think it's "wapid wabbit" every time.

Ah'll get you wascally wesbians

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Oftentimes, it's about getting the right permissions from the scanlation groups, particularly if they haven't been on Dynasty before. The first half of Bocchi Kaibutsu's releases are from a group that haven't released on Dynasty before (mugeSlowScans have been on Dynasty before, but I don't think they like leaving gaps). The two doujins only just got released, so give them time.
The main thing against Prison Town atm is the SquigglesJP translation is a bit ass.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is this manga gonna be released in English? I really wanna buy it.

It only started recently, so it'll be a while before we even get our first tank, let along an English license.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Interesting that mangadex posts these before Dynasty. I'm wondering how it all works, like which is updated and when and what are the procedures.

In /u/'s case, it's more convenient to upload to Mangadex since it's published right away and easy enough to update if any errors need fixing. However, since there's currently no download chapter option, it takes longer for Dynasty to add stuff that gets uploaded to Mangadex first compared to Mega/Mediafire/scanlator pages.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just a heads up that the next chapter we're gonna release is the ACTUAL ch22 (ie. the direct continuation to ch21's story). Since only the tank chapters are numbered, we got a little mixed up when the two previously released chapters, which are ahead of the Comic Walker released RAWs, were dropped in our lap. Dunno what numbers those ones are, but for now, they should be reclassified as chapters 23 & 24.