Forum › Posts by MacySan

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Why does it say on Imgur in the end that this was Seol-a? I thought that was Yu-Ji's sister. So did Seol-a actually go in Australia the same time as No-rae, or is it editor's mistake?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks Yu-ji was being sarcastic in those comments since everyone was talking hella crap behind Seol-a's back and, Yu-ji took it a step further to make a point. However, she never got the chance to make it once Seol-a walked in. That's how it always appeared to me. It seemed like she was getting frustrated listening to what they were saying to provided another viewpoint they didn't think of.

I think she was angsty about Seol-a and that was a way to express herself. But what she was feeling for her created a resentment too. And that speech was an expression of her resentment for Seol-a. Because if she was completely sarcastic about it and didn't mean them, she would have apologised to Seol-a after that and explained how she was bothered by the girlss talking trash behind her back. But she didn't even say sorry after Seol-a's accident, even though she probably felt guilty about it. Because she knew she wasn't innocent either

Moreover, hurting Seol-a was a good (though selfish) way for being always remembered by the girl she loved. Seol-a's memories about Yu-ji would be so harmful as the love she felt. Yu-ji wrote all that in a letter and after some time Seol-a got to read it.

I agree, although that wasn't Seola who read the letter. That was Yu-Ji's sister, Ssamba left a note at the end explaining how this was Yu-Ji's sister, not Seola

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 6:10PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I find it interesting that Ssamba takes her time to focus on side characters personality, like Ji-hwan or Yu-ji. This choice makes the story deeper in my opinion.

Exactly. This is another reason why I like FF.

joined Dec 9, 2014

The part of her personality where she would rather hurt someone deeply instead of making up with them because she wants to remain in their memories is irrational and twisted, but I don't think she wanted to hurt Seol-a in the first place. Things just turned out that way.

Don't know Yuji's personality was twisted or not but from reading the transcript, I don't think Yuji would rather hurt Seol-a instead of making up with her. She did want to apologize and tell Seol-a everything. Then she went on saying she wants Seol-a...but doesn't want to be a burden, doesn't want to make Seol-a 'more of a mess' I think Yuji was looking out for Seol-a. About her comment abt remaining in Seola's memories, to me it more like 'I would rather you keep hating me than to have any regrets.

She indeed liked the fact that she was able to hurt Seol-a, because that way she would scar her for life and Seol-a wouldn't be able to forget her. They say, if you can't make someone love you, make them not forget you.
("I'd like if you had very painful memories of me. I don't want to become some worthless reminder.")

Also, maybe she didn't mean Seol-a to hear these words at the particular time, but I think eventually, with that part of herself that was dark and she admited of having, she would hurt Seol-a one way or another at some point anyway. It just happened to be that time when they didn't know Seol-a was listening. Just my thoughts, as she was showing signs of jealousy in the past too.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol wait...so the girl at the end is YuJi's sister? Because she looks exactly like Seol-a. Anyway, I guess there is a connection between YuJi and Norae after all. Like maybe Yu-Ji's sister met No-Rae or something...

And last but not least, Ta-Da! YuJi was a psychopathic person who liked Seol-a. And she apparently said these things because she wanted to hurt Seol-a, because she thought this was the only way Seol-a would remember her. And also because she liked hurting people.
I must say I'm not dissapointed by this chapter

joined Dec 9, 2014

hopefully, but I don't think that the letter will confirmed if Yu-Ji was actually gay for Seol-a. anyway, I'm expecting that Seol-a will have a more dramatic confession to No-rae because of the ex. but I'm gonna flip if Seol-a was actually the girl. No-rae's ex cheated on her.

Not sure about Yu-Ji's feelings. Seol-a liking her is quite possible, but on the other hand Yu-Ji to me seemed like she could be jealous of her, rather than liking her. It's confusing, as it's not clear if YuJi was jealous of Seol-a's achievements to guys and in general, or she was jealous because she liked her. But I do beileve the letter will clear things a little more

That noted, it seems to me that it's been quite some time since No-rae has "lead" a chapter. She's been in chapters, but when was she not just reacting to either Jin-ho or Seol-a. Right now, it seems Ssamba's just developing Seol-a in isolation, like No-rae is the side-character love interest of the lead, Seol-a. To me, chapter 43 (the "sleepover") was the last chapter in which we got a peek at a new side of (or development in) No-rae's character and feelings. We saw a new reactions from both characters, actually.

I agree with you. I do want to know things from No-Rae perspective too. But maybe this chapter is a prelude for No-Rae's POV, as we can see her at the airport in the end. Maybe Ssamba will continue the story from No-rae's point after that.
Also we can see that Seol-a met a guy at the airport. Who was he? A new character? But I don't think NoRae's ex cheated on her with Seol-a. We don't even know if he cheated on her anyway. And Ssamba is full of surprises, so it may be something more complicated than that, or even no so related to the ex.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Long haired No-Rae <3 oh how I've missed you.

+1

+2

But really is that it for this week?
oh okay then...

+3 xD

joined Dec 9, 2014

I still think Seola's feeling for Yu-ji was romatic.

I always thought so too. Maybe not entirely romantic, but almost there, and never got actualized due to the incident.

But I hated the idea that Yuji might have felt the same, so I was always against talking about it since I wanted Ssamba to leave it there and let the readers imagine it on their own. But darn it Ssamba, sometimes its better to keep the thoughts in your head.

Yea the YuJi arc to me is the most angsty of the story to be honest. Not only how things happened between them, but because YuJi died too and it's very hard to get a proper closure like that. But I think this makes the story even more realistic, because let's be real, Seol-a having a crush on No-Rae means she's capable to like girls too. So it's very possible that she would have a girl crush way before No-Rae appeared.
But I do want to know, how her feelings for No-rae are different from the ones for Yu-Ji, even if Yu-Ji lived. Seol-a dating guys was never too deep for me personally to worry, but Yu-Ji is a different story.
I guess Ssamba will make a connection between Seol-a and No-Rae living to Australia for "heart-broken" reasons. Just like how she connected them in the first chapter. Maybe she wants to show they are meant to be by giving them similar situations in similar time.

joined Dec 9, 2014

In my opinion, Ssamba is a genius. She sure knows how to captivate the readers. Full stop.

Yes, I totally agree. The story appears predictable yet not so much. Love it!

I agree too. The story seems "normal", but at the same time there is a special subtle ingredient to it too that captivates the reader.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh God. Honestly why is Yu-Ji so important to the story? I truly feel sometimes that she was Seol-a's first girl crush, this is why author insists so much on her. Maybe Ssamba wants to make a connection between Yu-Ji and No-Rae and why Seol-a takes action regarding No-Rae (even if she didn't like Yu-Ji like this), because she didn't with Yu-Ji. For some reason the chapter with Yu-Ji make me uncomfortable. It's too sad.
Also, Seol-a and No-Rae traveled together in Australia and don't remember? Apparently Seol-a went to Australia to visit Yu-Ji?

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 10:42AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

all those girls fawning for that trap.....tch.

What trap? You mean the only male is not a male? xD I guess the girls want a male to swoon over, so it's more easy to believe it because they want to lol.
Apparently, in animes like this, it's usually only females that can be infected with these viruses. Males can't, so I'm curius about what excuse she used to be there on the first place as a male. Maybe she is there to run things/ supervise the island, but I guess she is working on something else behind their backs, most probably.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I noticed the hetero couples around them too, but not sure if author put them there intentionally to show something, or they just happen to be passengers.
There was a scene in a recent chapter that made me think the same to what you said regarding No-Rae's thoughts. It was the one where Kkyeong said "The look I can seduce whatever guy I want in 10 minutes suits you better" and No-Rae cheerfully agreed to that.
Also, another one, when a guy who was working with Seol-a in a project aproached her, and No-Rae thought to her self that if Seol-a was to go out with a guy, a mature guy like him would suit her. So she was thinking of possible mates for her, something that people do when they don't have the intention to get things further.
I think No-Rae thinks Seol-a is straight, but at the same time she has picked up on Seol-a's interest too. The Amusement park scene, even the confession in ch 48, to me she was heavily suspecting, if not knowing, what Seol-a would say. But she had alreaady pursued herself to only think of Seol-a as a friend and nothing more. So she didn't know how to handle it, especially how to handle herself around a situation like that, where she wasn't prepared to

joined Dec 9, 2014

Episode 3 ~Spoilers~

It seems like the Exterior/Liberator is not strictly the rule. For example, the ones in high positions seem to handle the power differently. The (annoying) pink haired girl seems like she's using more than one hands. The blue short haired one is called "Zero-Hand" and as we can see at the end of the episode she takes down Mirei without using any Exterior. So I guess she rarely needs, if ever, a hand. Lastly, I think the Lady Lady duo are both Etxerior and Liberator at the same time. Because in the intro you can see J(the purple haired one) using herself a sword which colors resemble the Rein's (the blonde's). And Rein uses her as a vehicle lol.
I must say, the episode was interesting. It should be a little longer though.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Either the ex will be apologetic of whatever happened, or it was a misundertanding. I doubt he'll be a douchebag. Ssamba never really made any real douchebag characters (except the ex of Seol-a that allowed them to meet).

I think they will eventually separate with things cleared up between them, with Seol-A being angsty about them getting back together and "what if No-rae still have feelings for him and him too? I'll see them off with a smile because I care about her that much, etc, etc.."

And then boom, No-rae will confess.

In chapter 99?

This sounds good, although I hope it won't be in chapter 99 lol. I hope the ex arc gets around 5-6 chapters to be honest.
But after him what? Will they start dating or No-rae will freak out and will need some more time to collect her thoughts? My guess is the later.
I do hope though, that Seol-a will get angsty, because I love angst in stories like this and so far noone of them has been particularly jealous- angsty. Whatever the problem was, it was resolved preety quick

joined Dec 9, 2014

I was reading the first chaptrs and saw this image where No-Rae was crying and said she wanted to take a break. Apparently this is about her ex, but why would she be crying so much? The obvious answer would be the ex was a d-bag or he cheated on her and now came back to apologise or reconcile

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch02#11

joined Dec 9, 2014

My guess is, it's probably gonna be a POV chapter just like Seol-a's past. On the other hand I really think No-Rae started to realise Seol-a has feelings for her and she acted like she had no idea. Remember the luna-park scene where Seol-a looked at her in a blushing way and she saied she didn't like these guys at all. Then No-Rae picked up on it and immeditely turn around saying the view was great. The same thing happened, imo in the confession too. Maybe she managed to hear Seol-a saying "I like you..."
It's going to be interesting getting to know No-rae character more. Also, maybe we will have her sister appearing now as well

joined Dec 9, 2014

Keep in mind they're still setting up the characters and the context. Lady Lady are prominent on promortional materials and the OP so I'm sure they will be major players on the show.

I don't think Mamori and Mirei are so much cliches as being "realistic" characters. Mamori is our audience surrogate and she acts mostly like a regular person would do when dragged into this insanity, while Mirei is utterly effective in combat but a pitiful mess at social interactions, not unlike a child soldier would act.

I've been following the reactions to the episodes on 4chan and I must say the reactions are pretty balanced, you got the people in just for the echii, people genuinely interested on the plot and a mix of both.

I have to agree with you that it's just 2 episodes so far, so who knows what will come out. We can't really have an entire picture just from the beggining, so I'm not going to jumb into conclusions.
For me personally, characters like Mamori are not that likeable. But this is personal taste. You see her as more realistic, I see her like the classic weak girl that awaits to be saved. But again, who knows what will happen in the future.

Also I have a genuine question for people who watch it for the ecchi parts (too). I was always wondering, why is the big breast thing supposedly attractive to some people? I can't get it, to me it looks more funny than anything else tbh.

joined Dec 9, 2014

My favourite pair so far is Lady J and Rein. We only got to see them a very few moments but their dynamic is quite interesting from the few moments that I've seen. But I think they will barely get air time, prob 5 seconds each episode or something. I was seriously waiting more for their appearance, rather than care about the main character's story. I'm not particularly fond of the stereotype of overly shy and weak protagonist. And the Tsundere loner, also a very cliche type for a main character

I think problem with this type of animes is that they confuse the audience. Most people come for ecchi, but then there is plot and that can be annoying ti those who only watch it for the hentai parts, who my guess is, they are the majority. People who want action will not choose it either, because someone can not just ignore all of the flashing and focus on the plot. So the plot automatically can be labelled as "ridiculous" by those who actually care to watch it for the fights/ story development. Plots are wasted opportunities in animes like this imo. Just like Seikon No Quaser that had a very good story but the boob thing was really undermining it.
I will watch the next episodes, but I think after some point it will get predictable and the fights will be just fillers to make a show about flashing boobs. A show depends a lot on its characters, and from the few that I've seen, the characters are very typical and overused in anime already

joined Dec 9, 2014

I hope author comes up with another idea than just the ex cheating on No-rae. But so far Ssamba has shown that he/she can write differently that the "norm" aka cliche. So I'm having my hopes up that it will be something cool tbh. And even if that happens, maybe it will trigger Seol-a and we get to see her frustrated and maybe jealous. I like when characters get messy and so far both Seol-a and especially No-Rae have been very composed

joined Dec 9, 2014

I wonder how the story with the ex will go. But I hope we get to see a jealous Seol-a! I really liked the moments when Seola followed Norae to her village, and then after that, when she was inside Norae-s home and she wouldn't let Norae get up from the couch xD
Seol-a character is cool, because even though she's the bombshell and guys like her, plus she has confidensce too, she's still a nice person and does not look down on the rest of the people. And No-rae character is so cute, they make a contrast, but their core values are similar. Like they are kind hearted people.
It would really be nice to see Seol-a feeling like she's loosing Norae and how that would turn out. Also developing Norae's character more, and exploring it more in depth

joined Dec 9, 2014

I have the impression I could rephrase it in 10 different ways, you'd still say it's no good. The cliches can be good in moderation.

But can you swear she's not going to pull an arranged marriage?

Lol I personally don't think that will happen. Maybe Seol-a's parents will talk to her about guys, but not sure if they will make her marry a guy. And to be honest, even if that would happen Ssamba could still find a way to make it interesting even if that is considered "cliche". After all, if Seola and Norae start dating, at some point their famillies will have to know. And we will get reactions from it. It doesn't have to do with chliches, it's the way that things work in reality

joined Dec 9, 2014

I expected the "if you think it's so bad, why do you read it?" and "If you are so smart, why don't you do better?" flames.

That is also cliche... :)

Also, about ^, I think ekw79 was just trolling. No need to overreact like this.

I'm confused about what you mean. Do you actually like FF but find the "cliches" annoying, or you just plain dislike it? I always thought that when someone really dislikes something, they just stay away from it. If they keep on coming back, there is usually something that gets their attention.
Regarding the yuri aspects, I actually believe this manga is popular because there is not a forced yuri action as the plot focuses on their feelings and the way they act. If someone is looking for yuri action, naked scenes etc this is not for them. But I like how the author treats the protagonists as real human beings, and not just a piece of meat like a lot of yuris out there

joined Dec 9, 2014

I actually like how author takes it really slow. I saw a kinda ecchi fan art picture with them, and if that really happened the story would be destroyed for me. If they start making out etc, the manga will loose its shine imo. Because we've seen lots of mangas with fanservice and they are preety bold.
I think every manga or book has some cliches. Whether we like it or not, nothing can be 100% original. There are millions of stories out there, so the possibility that this has happened before in another manga are very high.
I agree that the ex showing up right at the moment where Seol-a was going to confess may be a little cliche yes. But maybe there is a significanse why author choose to do so.
And even if it doesn't, every manga has its flaws. We cannot get something that will satisfy everyone. Some people don't mind these "cliches" while other might find it boring. It's a matter of personal taste and whether you feel like it's getting to much for you

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 4:23PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Regarding the cliches. Yes there are quite lot in here. But despite them, the way the author handles the situations make the story real and interesting. Besides, it's drama and slice of life, so sometimes these can not be avoided.
There is actually a very good character development. The story flow doesn't get trapped into repetitive cycles for the shake of more chapters.

I think the author doesn't mention sexuality as a way to show that it's ok to fall in love with the same sex, and it's the same as falling for the opposite. Basically, acceptance of gay/bi people. Or a hope for the future when gender won't be such an issue when it comes to romantic relationships.
Btw, anyone mentioned what is Seol-a and No-rae's sexuality supposed to be? I'd say Seol-a is most probably bi. No-rae as well, although she might be gay too idk.
But I find it interesting, as how Seol-a is confident and goes for a girl when she has dated so many guys in the past.

joined Dec 9, 2014

When Seol-a said the line "I didn't even once/I never even once...", the verb is not specified. It may or may not have been "I never even once hated her".

Personally, from what I've read and interpreted, Seol-a did not hold romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Not hating someone doesn't automatically mean you must love them or something; they were best friends, after all. The strongest evidence for this is the fact that Seol-a was confused by her feelings in the beginning. During the MT, she noted that she had these frustrating feelings, but she didn't know what they were or why she felt that way. If she had truly fallen in love before, then she would've noticed waaaay earlier.

When Seol-a thinks about No-rae at the end of the chapter, she isn't necessarily saying that she felt the same way towards No-rae and Yu-ji. She was comparing their situations and saying that it's too late to go back to the past, for both Yu-ji and No-rae. For Yu-ji, Seol-a never got the chance to talk everything out with her and reconcile. And now it's obviously too late to do this since Yu-ji passed away. For No-rae, Seol-a realizes that she can never go back to just being "friends" with her because she acknowledges that she's romantically attracted to No-rae.

Yeah that's probably it. This is one of the reasons why I like this manhwa. Because even though these particular chapters don't have much to do with No-Rae and Seol-a, Seol-a story with her classmates/friends was very realistic and I could personally connect with the characters.
Imo the situation with Yu-Ji made Seol-a realise how she couldn't hold her feelings back anymore. Because after she got drunk she started crying in her bed. I think from this point on she realized she should act on it too