Forum › Posts by Kollie79

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Down bad for a physical copy, I'd love to own this on my shelf

This is definitely the series I’m currently most hoping to get picked up by an English publisher

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

hurry up and graduate girl!

Kinda funny she says that when they haven’t even gone on summer break yet as far as I can tell, still like 6 months away at least from graduation lol

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Extra posted on MD So you freaking gonna tell me the teacher is also in love with the Prez ?

at the very least I respect the fact that nurse is keeping this horny kid at bay until she graduates. I’m not a fan of this kinda plot line, but it could’ve been handled a lot grosser

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hope this doesn’t lead to a stretch of drama, I know you’re lurking somewhere younger self

joined Jun 21, 2021

Ayaka clapping herself for a month lol, it’s also cool we’ve gone back to the core of her problem that even kick started the series, and it didn’t get magically fixed right away either

Kollie79
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 14:38
joined Jun 21, 2021

All that said, thanks for team for continuing working on this considering basically everyone here hates the eveliving shit out the series. Hell I don’t even like commenting here but this one just takes the cake.

A good reminder--my sincere thanks to the translation team for bringing us what in any event is likely to be a classic series.

At first this seemed like it was going to be a really good, really interesting story. Now I feel like a member of the National Transportation Safety Board who gets to watch a plane wreck happen in real time.

In either case, I am unable to look away.

Thanks to you both! Reading comments is my favourite part of working on Liberty. Too bad I can't read them on MD anymore.

Just wanted to say I appreciate the work!

I’m not surprised people don’t like this, but I’m not gonna pretend like it’s not wildly entertaining on a low level. Like this this hands down shlock, but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun to read.

Cheating horrible and I’m not gonna say Liz gets some kinda free pass to do it, but I do also believe people can make mistakes and earn a 2nd chance. She’s genuinely put Maki through the blender, and it’s pretty sad to see such a good person just get absolutely dragged through the dirt for like a dozen chapters while Liz keeps making mistake after mistake behind her back. But I isn’t looking away from the shit show lol

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

This was a nice thanksgiving treat, I really love all the side characters from their life and seeing them try to keep in contact with all their various friends, so it as nice to see them catching up with high school era friends.

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

The beginning and end of chapter 13 is so wholesome, and Nagisa smile is precious and must be protected. It’s so cute that mashiro can tell Nagisa has been happier lately.

Hopefully they figure it out within like the next two chapters, I think this series has more than enough juice to not end after they become a couple, I need some chapters of them together

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 3:35AM

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Wanted to thank the team for finally getting around to chapter 3, not super sold on the overall plot yet, but I really like the design of the main girl so it’s peaked my interest

joined Jun 21, 2021

I figured the lack of chapters was something like this. Hope the translator is okay, you hate to see it, I’ve been supporting the official release so it’s whatever, I just hate having to wait for entire volumes to come out in the west lol

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Does anyone actually want her to get together with Sasaki? I just can't see this going any other way than young Nanasawa being the ultimate victor as a sort of "at least I created a better future" ending where Sasaki wakes up in a new timeline.

That is, unless they pull some "lol just kidding found a bf" ending. I will never forgive them if they do that.

I mean, I think most of us are more invested in Sasaki than her younger self, as silly as the whole premise is lol.

But that being said we’ve given too much focus to the younger version for me to believe we’re just gonna watch her get fucked over by her older self, as funny as that would be.

All I’ll say if Sasaki loses to her past self that’s the biggest L I’ve ever seen

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

All those jokes about Sakurako being the one to carry the child are getting close and closer to being reality lol. In like two more years a chapters gonna open with “Kasumi let’s go go look at sperm donors!” “Do we have to? -___-“

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn you hate to see it, but it was only a matter of time.

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Nanasawa's distinguishing trait, so you can recognize her with even with her bleached/dyed hair and mature body, is her somewhat crossed eyes. I thought that was symbolic or for effect - it's a comedy - but I think that's how you can really tell they're the same person. Although Seto Aya looked that way once, admittedly.

going back in time to cuck yourself, nice.

Let's correct that to going back in time to **** yourself

Also, if everyone's rooting for young Nanasawa, I am going to defend older Nanasawa. She's very believable, indeed. She deserves a space next to Seto-sempai, too.

Honestly I pretty much guarantee the ending will be something along the lines of "Older Nanasawa decides to let go of Seto for the sake of her younger self, and is subsequently transported back to her own time where she is now in a relationship with Seto in the present.

Kinda feels like the only way the series can end without someone getting massively dogged.

Like this is such a interesting series, I’ve never seen a Character competing with their past self like this, it really keeps me on my toes

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 2:59PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

That was lovely, but I absolutely don't believe in the mom acting like that. That said, I haven't really dealt with such people.

That sort of manipulative "Oh I'm sorry for overdoing things, here I'll make you a deal out of the generosity of my heart, you stay in my control and I'll do a good thing for you or you strike off on your own and I'll leave you out in the cold" bullshit is exactly how my parents act ALL THE TIME, so IMO it was pretty realistic. The capitulating to a classmate thing maybe less so, but I'm willing to buy it because of the whole public disturbance angle of the scene

After rereading the mom arc I think it’s better than the fanbases reaction to it.
Like she’s absolutely manipulative and abusive, but her acknowledging that ayaka is the reason sora has changed was kinda an underrated moment.

Sora was completely skipping school, and the school was contacting the mom about it, so she must also been aware of when sora finally started going to class. She of course probably didn’t think much of it because she’s emotionally distant from her daughter, but idk, her being able to identify something positive that’s come into her daughters life and actually changed her for the better redeems her a little, and her willingness to not immediately rip her daughter out of the environment that’s responsible for this positive growth feels natural.

She’s a shitty parent, but a lot of times shitty parents think what they are doing or how they are acting is the best for their kid, so it makes sense when she’s presented with what actually has helped her daughter she’s willing to back down

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

College graduation oh my, and Kasumi saying someone else is waiting for her I see you girl.

Man what can I really say about this series that hasn’t already been said. I only got into it fairly recently(early 2020 lockdown) but even binging a good chunk of the series, how it handles mother time is both refreshing and somewhat bitter sweet. It’s a nice change of pace to actually let significant time pass in a series, and getting to go on a much broader life journey with these characters is great, and seeing them take life in stride and succeed is so inspiring(I wish I accomplished half of what they have in this amount of time) but it’s also a bittersweet reminder that time just goes by so fast lol. Anyone on the younger side who reads this, enjoying the now, because one day you’ll blink and be old and wished you made better memories.

I can somewhat understand people’s frustrations with Kasumi and Sakurako not taking things to another level or whatever, but at the same time it’s been pretty clear for a while that was never gonna happen. It’s so unique to see two people just able to vibe with each other and not care about labels or anything beyond that. They’ve basically been experiencing the end goals of a more traditional relationship for years now, so I’d imagine that also makes superficial stuff like labels pretty irrelevant in their world.

But at the same time, the supporting cast and how they’ve developed is so nice to see happen that it would be great to also see play out for our two leads, even though it’s not needed.

Although I do find the idea they’ve probably never had sex in this 8 years or so pretty wild lol. Not that it’s the end goal or particularly weird as a concept, but neither one of them come off as actually being asexual. But even if it was confirmed they have done that or even out right shown it wouldn’t really change much in terms of actual writing, it would feel more like something for the readers.

Very wholesome series, excited to see their next home and how they adjust to the next chapter of their lives.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I think unless there is a miracle plot pops inside the mangaka head, this series is now heading towards its death. There is no special development for ANY characters from this high school here. First it was the ultimatum from Sora's mom to Sora and Ayaka, which turned out that the mom was a whole lot more mature and loving than the both of them. No development there as Mom's head to Hokkaido. There is a huge opportunity to work on their front especially if the two of them were allowed to move to Hokkaido to test out whether the school is good or not, PLUS there is a small chance that the marriage failed so Sora's mom (and Sora, and possibly Ayaka) not going to be homeless. You can blame Sora's mom for a lot of stuff, but one thing you cannot blame is she tried the hardest to climb the social ladder for the sake of Sora. Then not even chapter 18 works by introducing someone not from the high school. It almost feels the author has already finished the very last chapter, and then just draw a bit of stuff here, and there, so that when the Guillotine chops down, it will end "nicely" and no feelings of "rush"..
The author did not use "Sara" to do a development or as a significant side story. Then she did not use her from then on, as if Sara has a sell by date.
No matter how you look at it, Sora and Ayaka's friends are not that sharp and certainly intellectual not that deep. All of them are from the same grade, but Sora and Ayaka seemed to be at least 2 grades senior than the rest of them based on their behavior vs. their friends. These friends look more like the hanging around type than the really serious type. If it were the latter, you can bet that the author will develop some plot for the group to steal Sara from her bf. But she is too weak mentally, so it was not going to work if she failed to take charge no matter how hard her friends trying to help.
To be honest I cannot imagine any exciting plot coming up; rather I am waiting to see when the chop coming down.

Why does something absurd and exciting have to happen? You don’t always need forced drama or stakes in a series like this. I’m not expecting this to be an absurdly long running, but there’s definitely an appeal to getting to spend time with characters in a setting like this without constant huge plot points and drama. Slice of life series are a thing

joined Jun 21, 2021

That was such a wholesome chapter, especially Ayaka’s reaction in the first half. As interesting as the wakana stuff was I was looking forward to getting more alone time with sora and ayaka

joined Jun 21, 2021

for the people wondering why this has an updated release date, it's so you people can read the updated credits and leave arite and me alone.
for the benefit of the visually impaired, an image transcription of the comments have been attached below.
[Image Transcription]: we are now officially done with volume 1 of arioto. everything's updated.
volume 2 needs chapter 10 to release in order to drop. chapter 10 is next month, maybe?
assuming that there's another break like after chapter 5 for volume 2 earliest is january; or not, who the fuck knows
unless you, hypothetical speaker in the audience are able to get us crisp uncensored raws i'm not willing to futz about with the old crusty jpegs, especially since the digital volume raws aren't the peachiest either. [end transcription.]
Thank you all for reading, and I'll see you around january-ish? Maybe.

I and a lot of others appreciate the work you guys have put into with the series, and I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with people constantly asking for updates. I’m not sure if you said it early and people just missed it, but you guys waiting for the volume releases makes complete sense

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 4:38AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

To be fair if I was whisked into a video game world that I knew like the back of my hand I’d probably latch onto a character for the exact same reason lol

joined Jun 21, 2021

Fun chapter, crazy to think we’re already at this point in the story, I really can’t wait to see the rest of the novels fully drawn out. Definitely a fresh experience that compliments the light novels well.(I know the princes flame troop powers were not at all how they looked in my head when they finally got to that point in the manga lol)

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Well I just decided to go straight to the translation team for more clarification on the name and this is what I got

“the title Anemone is in heat is a direct translation from 'Anemone wa Netsu wo Obiru', which is the original title. At the same time, the mangaka added her own English translation, which is 'The Girl Doesn't Know Her Heat'. We didn't bring up the heat, the mangaka did, and we simply translated it accordingly because changing the title too was not in our best intention.”

Didn’t really answer the main point of our speculation, but for whatever reason that phrasing is apparently pretty deliberate on the creators part lol

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

It’s still a weird title in English, though. It’s not clear (to me, anyway—there’s always the possibility of a complex Japanese pun lurking somewhere) why the MC, or any of the characters, would be analogous to that specific type of flower.

Welp a quick Wikipedia search did not make me happy

“In other cultures, the meanings differ. In Chinese and Egyptian cultures, the flower of anemone was considered a symbol of illness due to its coloring. The anemone can be a symbol of bad luck in Eastern cultures. The Japanese anemone may be associated with ill tidings.”

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

What's with the title of this manga?

Well off the top of my head Anemone is a type or classification of flowers or something like that, and flowers are pretty consistently drawn around characters for big moments, so that’s easy to see.

The in heat part is well um, basically describing sexual excitement….it’s a little more complex than that, but it’s used as a descriptor in hentai a lot from what I’ve seen over the years if you get what I mean, so seeing it used to describe this was a little out of left field for me.

Sticking the title in google translate gets me “anemone gets hot” which seems more appropriate for what we’ve seen so far that “is in heat” lol, so I’m not sure if the English title is more on the translator or if the original intent from the creator is supposed to be more implicative than the more simple “gets hot” of the machine translation

Kollie79
joined Jun 21, 2021

Welp Sayo absolutely biffed it >.<