Forum › Posts by Giftnova

Giftnova
Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

What delicious karmic justice. Everyone got what they wanted and what they deserved. Kayo (and by extension Satomi) took a fall only to come out on top and be content in their new environment. Meanwhile Junko and Hashimoto got exactly what they wanted but found their desires and themselves hollow in the end.

And that's the thing with Hashimoto, yea she was a sweetheart who deserved to be with someone who truly cared about her for most of the series. But in the end when push came to shove and Junko's manipulative nature revealed itself to her she could've walked away from her, even if it meant transferring or changing jobs so Junko can't blackmail her.
And what did she do? She decided to give into her desire, to have Junko, even if it meant "playing the game", being a pawn. She made her bed and now has to lie in it, figuratively and literally, just like Junko has. Beautiful~

joined Jun 21, 2021

Honestly, the most unrealistic thing in this series is the fact that Aki felt in love with Yori instead of Shiho. I wonder what kind of thought process went through her head to make that happen.

One was a cool mysterious tomboy with a good voice, the other was an insufferable girl who just seem to hate her (with a good voice). I don't know if the statement is ironic or you genuinly think that Aki would fall for Shiho before they speak things out.

I think they might be referring to the time prior to the falling out. Before Shiho put on her bitch act to distance herself from Aki they were super close, arguably more so than Aki and Yori were at the "height" of their closeness after the latter became the new vocalist.
So I can totally see where OP is coming from, though of course "the heart wants what the heart wants" and there's no rhyme or reason to who one falls for so it's kind of a moot point either way xD

As for this chapter, Aki asking Shiho out is a great sign imo. Aki has been incredibly passive when it comes to her own love life so far. I doubt she ever had the intention to confess to Yori, maybe bc she was just scared to or bc she knew Yori wasn't into her. But even if she could've been pushed to do so, as soon as Hima entered the picture there was no chance she'd ever tell.
So her finally taking the initiative to pursue Shiho, not just to get her friend back but to honestly pursue her with the intention/hope to eventually reciprocate her feelings, clearly shows her intimacy of feelings for and commitment to Shiho as a person, romantic or not.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:25AM

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

that's a p gay thing to say, ngl

joined Jun 21, 2021

neat lil konami code reference there

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

This series has really great characters and is really interesting thematically. Their interplay is amazing and Junko is absolutely terrible. Can't wait to see how this wraps up in the last 2 chapters.

I didn't expect Volume 3 to be the last one, now i'm upset D: I mean it's probably better than drawing it out too much, things can only escalate so far until it starts being goofy and taking you out of it, but still D:

joined Jun 21, 2021

The moon sure is bright out today

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

This is prob the biggest poster child of that trope i can think of
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

Junko really living that "gatekeep, gaslight, girlboss" life. Curious how Kayo will react to this once she finds out.
Is she gonna "take the high road" and not let herself be goaded into retaliation or will she give in and burn down everything to get back at Junko and her conspirators?

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021
114148511_p0

Mococo: “Being a twin is like being married at birth”
Fuwawa: “You’re phrasing is creating misunderstandings…”
Also Fuwawa: ”There are no misunderstandings.”

joined Jun 21, 2021

Personally I don't understand all the hate Poly frequently receives, but ah well lol

It's the same as with Asexuality. In a society that heavily enforces monogamy and allosexuality as the norm, both tend get irrationally vilified for varieties of 'reasons', sadly.

joined Jun 21, 2021

The Argument About Whether The Yuri Manga I Was Interested In Was a Yuri Manga Or Not Wasn't Getting Any Less Annoying At All

Slowness of the Burn aside I really like the progression of their relationship and how their feelings evolve over time. Despite how smitten Aya was with Mitsuki right at the beginning, you can really tell how much more she likes her now.
It's long gone beyond the superficial crush she had, there's some real commitment on her mind. And Mitsuki finally starts getting that into her head.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I smell an 'everyone x everyone' kinda situation looming on the horizon and if so i'm so down with that

joined Jun 21, 2021

Getting Lebkuchen's good ending is worth the entire experience. It is truly the best.

I hear you, Leb is a good~ For me personally Freya is best girl though :D

To me this is less of an evaluation of which girl I like best (though that would probably still be Lebkuchen), but rather who I believe is most compatible with Elise. Her relationship with Lebkuchen is simply the most supported by the game I suppose. Childhood friends, Elise admitting that the only reason she stayed in Kieferberg is because Lebkuchen is there and so on. Even her bad ending is the only one where Elise gets some kind of closure. Even though Lebkuchen felt the most betrayed out of the three heroines and accused Elise the most, she still forgave her beyond the grave.

Rozenmarine despite her plot connection, simply doesn't sell the relationship well. They first met at the start of this game and despite all this insistence on fate I cannot bring myself to buy that their connection became this strong in 7 days.

Freya is very sweet and the most straight(hah)forward of the three. She is quite incredible in her own way and I definitely believe the love between her and Elise. Unfortunately she has very little presence in the game unless you go out of your way to pursue her, which makes her feel like more of an outsider.

Yea I agree with your thoughts for the most part. The thing about Freya is a bit unfortunate, that's where her "mundanity" holds her back in the end. Though when looking at the story as a whole, I find that can also work to her advantage thematically.

She has the least connection to the plot and what's happening in the game but I like the idea of her being the most "plain" or mundane choice for Elise that takes her farthest away from all that stuff. Which is probably the best that could happen to her, considering the otherworldly/eldritch horror-y nature of said happenings and how those usually tend to go xD

last edited at Dec 15, 2023 12:25AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

Getting Lebkuchen's good ending is worth the entire experience. It is truly the best.

I hear you, Leb is a good~ For me personally Freya is best girl though :D

last edited at Dec 15, 2023 12:01AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

The three big motivators for "shit i don't really wanna do":

1. Spite
  2. Money
  3. Horny

Works every time

Giftnova
m k discussion 11 Dec 15:50
joined Jun 21, 2021

Their Xitter account got suspended, rip :c

You can find their new twitter on their pixiv page

Oohh good to know, thanks

Giftnova
m k discussion 11 Dec 14:36
joined Jun 21, 2021

Their Xitter account got suspended, rip :c

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

Whoopsie daisy, Junko's mask is slowly slipping

joined Jun 21, 2021

The complete 180 let's gooo xD

Giftnova
Next to You discussion 10 Dec 09:41
joined Jun 21, 2021

I was replaying été yesterday, waiting for this scene to come up until I realized that it wasn't in there. Shit's so ingrained into my brain that i thought it was canon xD

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

There was a weird oneshot (I think) once on Dynasty that was really ecchi, hard case of armpit fetish, with a lot of armpit licking and the armpits drawn to look very much like female anatomy. Anyone remember what it was called or have a link?

Was it this pokemon doujin perchance?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_book_where_sabrina_and_an_ace_trainer_are_lovey_dovey#1

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

unless Satomi turns out to be actually straight or has some huge red flags, I don't see how Kayo would choose Junko over her (assuming the story ends with Kayo and Junko together)

Agreed and, more importantly, we haven't seen any kind of indication that Junko actually cares about Kayo (or anyone else for that matter) in any meaningful way. Kayo hates her too but despite both of them being pretty cutthroat about work, Kayo at least has scruples about her methods and interest in other people beyond their usefulness.

Junko on the other hand hasn't expressed any kind of fondness for anyone that seemed genuine afaict, she only sees people either as tools or threats and uses them accordingly. Not a single thought spared for anything else.

So if these two are actually endgame for a "regular" kind of romantic relationship, then there's a lot that still needs to happen, with Junko's mindset more so than with Kayo's, i'd wager xD

joined Jun 21, 2021

If you have not tried Fate/Extra yet, I highly recommend it.

Huh neat, I never felt like getting into any of the Fate stuff bc male protags but I might actually check those two out then.

That reminds me, since VN hybrids are fine, I'm gonna put out a recommendation for Little Goody Two Shoes, by AstralShift!

Three words: Cottagecore. Lesbian. Horror.
If you're unfamiliar, it's a RPG-Maker style game that's part mystery horror, part yuri dating sim and my god is this game pretty.
It's just absolutely dripping with gorgeous early 90s anime aesthetic ala Sailor Moon or Revolutionary Girl Utena, has a beautifully atmospheric OST, a haunting mystery and a great cast of characters you'll love to love or hate or be suspicious of (and sometimes all three xD).

It has puzzle sections, Minigames and time/resource management but the majority of gameplay is walking and talking so I figure it qualifies.

last edited at Dec 9, 2023 1:44PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

It's not published in a yuri magazine so i guess Taguchi-Sen had to make it a bit more clear this time around :D

Giftnova
joined Jun 21, 2021

"Get yourself a girlfriend who can fling you 10 feet into the air." -This gal, probably