Forum › Posts by Apocryphal

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Thoughts are really fragmented, cannot parse them into full coherent ideas, just spilling this into writing.

Page 150, the line "don't drag me into all this", I initially read it as what she took from what Natori said to her, but it probably refers to what the informant told her. Not sure why this stood out to her so much, though. I'm also curious about this informant and why they were seemingly very upset with Natori.

I do not feel too strongly about this, but I'd also rather that the prince was not part of the "harem". I wouldn't necessarily rather him be the stereotypical major asshole either, but definitely not a "route".

I'm also very curious about this childhood friend/first love that Lapis has mentioned. Chapter 1 had a mention of a little sister which I don't remember is legit or not, maybe this is it though?

Other than that, I'm not too sure she fully qualifies as such, but I see Natori as a master-slayer-tier accidental ladykiller, which is a trope/character type I adore, and I hope this is something that sticks around. Although I do kinda feel for Diana and hope she gets her own happy ending.

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 7:36AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I actually didn't expect this, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how things shape up between the mistress and her daughter. To me, it seems like living in their previous home under whatever arrangement she had with her then-husband, the mistress was probably miserable and constrained, and now as seen in this chapter has a lot more room to just be a whole person, in large part thanks to her adorable and increasingly attractive maid, with whom there are also developments I'm dying to see take shape. Definitely a surprise for me, and a rather pleasant one.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Absolute perfection. This is so, so good for the soul, and there are not enough words to express to simply happy this makes me. Had a really tough time hiding my grinning like a madman from my friends. Also, they didn't tackle this directly as I'd hoped, but I caught those heart-shaped pupils and know enough to know enough; huge fan of proactive, actively horny-on-main Mashiro, and I hope this sticks around. The series is somehow getting better and more adorable, too, and I hope this sticks around as well.

last edited at Feb 24, 2023 8:22PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Short and very sweet, a very pleasant surprise, as well, as I really didn't expect to see anything more with those two characters. Definitely wouldn't mind more.

You could take out the story and character moments and it'd be great, and you could take out the sex and it would be great as well, but having both is incredible. I love how well-balanced they are.

Hey, Uploader, what were the previous doujin(s) for this one shot? (Haven’t read this one yet, and I’d like to get some context before reading this one)

They're hosted here as well. This is the first one.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...having sex...

Yo, wait, when did that happen? Or supposedly happen in case it's implied.

In any case, I really like how the story now focuses on Kasumi and shows through little gestures and other nuances that she truly is giving proper thought to Sakurako's question and how what was an incredibly impactful and dramatic moment is skillfully woven into the already existing fabric of the series without feeling out of place. I'm really looking forward to seeing that develop further.

As an aside, you know, I really like this series, and I really like Yukiko's style, but despite that, I'm not actually following this series all too closely and/or haven't really read it "properly", even though I've wanted to for the longest time. Seeing the number of chapters is kinda threatening, to be honest. What I planned to do was to start getting the volumes physically and going through it like that, but haven't gotten around to it yet. There's no meaningful point to this paragraph, just wanted to share that in writing.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"Is this feeling Natsuki has finally realized, love? Or..." Plenty of series has these drift-off "to be continued" type sentences and for the most part they're tolerable, but this one's just fucking amusingly dumb. No, ma'am, it's probably an ulcer, she should go to the doctor.

Also, as bad as it sounds, I actually like how the attempted murder played out with no serious consequences and even showcasing the new girl as a good egg in a way, but there definitely have to have been better ways to introduce her, really.

Honestly, though, I kinda like how things are shaping up, messy introduction/attempted murder and all, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop. Similarly to sunspawn, I'm also expecting Natsuki to be able to keep a solid poker face for maybe 3-5 pages, even fewer if teased further.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 6:00PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

rainbow8 posted:

Firstly, I acknowledge and even appreciate the misdirection in the first couple of pages, but also you do not fucking do this to a person.

??? What misdirection?

Misdirection: an ex texting Asako instead of her sister in law.

It's been so long since Asako's most recent traumatic ex was mentioned as anything except the historical past that I myself never gave it a thought, certainly not in the time it took to turn the page and see who was actually texting her.

In fact, Asako's been shown as being traumatized by her whole string of exes, not by any particular one, so it's hard for me to see an unexpected "It's been a while" text as some kind of underhanded "misdirection" by the author.

I do admit that the thought crossed my mind when I saw a so far unknown name pop up there, but that's probably more due to remembering the discussion here on Dynasty than anything in the series itself. And as we were quickly shown, I was right about no ex showing up anymore all along.

I've seen various forms of this scenario play out beat by beat in various other stories, so that's where my mind went.
I do think it was intentional, though. In any other story, this would've been a setup for something, but here it's benignly shrugged like many other potential sources of conflict, maybe that's the point? Either case definitely more of a silly "haha got'em" than an elaborate ruse to pull the rug under the readers' feet devised by the author and their accomplices.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I kind of like this but I spend a lot of time thinking "Ah, what just happened?"

Yeah, same. It's like I see beginning point A and ending point B, but cannot fully comprehend what the fuck is going on in between those points.

Though I think...? that this is now cementing the pairings? I can't even tell if we're in endgame territory. Kinda wish this goes big, maybe even full R-18.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 4:18PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

So I'd say, try not to think about it from a Jewish perspective. It's probably more based on the bastardisation of the Christian bastardisation of the original concepts

Feels like a (bastardization of a bastardization)^4, but you do make a good point. Can't say I'm an expert on either Christian or Jewish demonology, to begin with, so eh. Am curious where the story plans on taking this, though.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 4:00PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Quite the fucking rollercoaster there, friends. One part of me is happy since I'm a simple dude who loves happy endings for all parties involved. Another part of me generally fucking hates endings on a personal, visceral level, and I'm kinda bummed. Definitely still one of the better stories I've had the pleasure of experiencing, though.

So, is the implication that the head butler hired the shorty for personal reasons?

Personally not seeing anything that would imply that but if I'm really looking for windmills to swing at, let's say that head butler encountered one who looked like an efficient, enthusiastic worker, who also incidentally was hella cute, and decided to take them in when the fates allowed. Doesn't sound all too bad, really. Also rather plausible.

Nobody ever can write a story that's about getting to together and then just continuing afterwards. It's either or. It's a law of the universe.

Such a shame, too, especially in this story where the universe itself offers so much to tackle and explore.

Ending in two chapters? Butbutbutut it's so cute and pretty, and I love the art style and characters... even with the foreshadowing, I was hoping that this would keep going for a little while longer. :'(

Man... same...

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My read of Yuzu on that last page is closer to her probably not having a "proper" swimsuit and resolving herself to ask their other friends for help in choosing one. But I also want to believe the anger-at-being-clam-jammed theories so let's go with that.

I don't really have much to say this time other than that this chapter is adorable and I love everything about it. Especially page 11, transitioning from the gorgeous upper-left panel to the blobbed and confuzzled one is simply chef's kiss.

Oh actually, one thing I do have to say is that if it wasn't crystal clear before that the feelings were mutual, it absofuckinglutely is now, and will be a really hard sell to claim otherwise. Like another comment so skillfully describes, there absolutely is no heterosexual explanation here.

last edited at Feb 13, 2023 6:31AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'll be hoenst. There's something about this that makes it impossible for me to actually read. Something about the denseness of the text and the denseness of visual information in the series, I cannot maintain focus and I cannot digest the words, but it is so incredibly enthralling simply by virtue of the insane visuals that I often don't feel the need to comprehend the text, and that makes it an incredible ride in and of itself, and I'm thoroughly amused.

last edited at Feb 12, 2023 9:26AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

It's actually the Qlipot... so they actually correspond to Yesod and Chokhmah... I think

You might be correct, so good catch on that. edit Yeah, you're probably right, I missed the parts of the pendant that are missing at first. Also, yeah, the top part seems to be Yesod (foundation) and the other is Chokhmah (wisdom/intelligence but in a different manner to that of Binah)

I still can't be too certain about the whole qlipoth thing, since it doesn't seem to have a representation like the sephiroth's tree and no set-in-stone opposites as far as I'm aware. I'm also not sure why Malkuth (majesty) is completely absent, but I guess we'll see.

I mean, honestly, the whole thing is messily introduced to say the least lol. With how gibberish the Hebrew is, I can't take it all too seriously, really.

Reading a bit and holy crap the whole concept of the qlipoth is arbitrary to a wholly separate level of amusing. For some reason, Fire is in direct opposite to the sephiroth. God is pyrophobic, I guess.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 10:43AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I can't believe Wamura didn't kiss her as soon as they got into the purikura box. I know I would have...

I don't think the series is anywhere near the point this could happen yet but I wholeheartedly concur.

In any case, this is so goddamn cute. Just 8 pages of fun and sweetness.

I think that one thing that stands out to me is that in this sort of story, the outgoing one is often overbearing and almost invasive while the introverted one is often wholly passive and fully against the other's advancements, but the dynamic here feels completely different. There's an actual back-and-forth between the two, especially in this chapter, and the playing field feels leveled, or something like that. Their dynamic is also very natural and organic which is a big plus.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 10:58AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Blue Archive's Kayoko is the villain now. Intriguing.

Fun chapter, love the over the top gay shit and impressed by the tragic backstory actually fitting in, somehow. I guess it was because it wasn't played for pity or laughs or anything. Looking forward to seeing Kayoko conquered taken down by the Great Yuri Kisser.

Page 33 has a wall covered with what I believe is markings trying to mimic the 10 sephirot, which is in broad strokes of the brush bullshit Jewish mythos (disclaimer: am Jew) about the grace of god or some such, and a bunch Hebrew letters that are scrambled in an absolute mess and make up no coherent anything, except for the top-left one that spells out what translates to... fishing rod. I'm pretty certain it's at least written properly, with proper nikud and everything. The item on the sephirot its location parallels is that of Binah, or intelligence/wisdom, which makes sense because the Hebrew word would be חכמה, so they missed a letter yeah, no. this was gibberish the whole time and nothing was planned lol.

The parts of the wall that are fucked up parallel the locations of at the top Keter, literally crown - probably refers to god themselves, and at the bottom-left Hod, or grace/regality. That means nothing to me as of now. Maybe god is dead and the new god is yuri? Would be amusing.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 7:33AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Firstly, I acknowledge and even appreciate the misdirection in the first couple of pages, but also you do not fucking do this to a person.

Secondly, my heart is warm and my day has been made. This is the good shit right there. I adore how naturally and organically Asako realized her answer's been under her nose the entire time. I also love the specificity of declaring that she's family but not like her brother. Shout out to MVP sister-in-law, too. The bit with her recognizing Miyako is also appreciated.

The confession scene was incredibly fucking sweet, and absolutely gorgeous too. Huge fan.

I will say though, that it's incredibly relieving and refreshing to not have convoluted drama and third wheels and "you don't know what you've got until you've lost it" kinda shit and inject the fluffy goodness right into my veins por favor, but part of me is, like, almost disappointed at how smooth the sailing has been. In a "that's it? just like that?" kind of way. I'm too used to stories having a give-and-take relationship with their readers, stories that just give almost feel like a trap.

But hell, yes, just like that, and I'm a big fan. I also love that it doesn't seem like the story's going to end, which is also cool. Everyone thus far has been very supportive, I'm expecting their parents to be so as well. I'm somehow imagining her mother being an insane fangirl like Hato is. Also now Ruri and Hato please and thank you.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 5:43AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I don't get what people see in Riri...

Obligatory this is my opinion disclaimer. First and foremost, I'm gonna say I'm just biased in favor of the "cute/pure/good girl" archetype. The Onodera type, you know?
I don't really agree about her being generic primarily because to me it seems that she's constantly developing and learning, she has that "chick that hasn't hatched yet" feel to her and a lot of room to grow because of that, so the more she sees and learns, the more she tries and becomes bolder, and I'm a massive fan of that as well. That "oh no, I really like this" type realization she's bound to have. Also, her design is among my favorites, second only to Ms. Teacher.

Anyways, I'm die hard team Karin...

Understandable. Just wanted to acknowledge that.

In any case, about chapter 16 itself. Hot. Pretty good for monkey brain, really. Kaoru has been my least favorite of the bunch because she had this not-exactly-that-but-kinda stuck-up attitude, so seeing her break down to her most primal is incredibly satisfying. Thinking about it, this may have been the intended result by Tamamusi.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 5:01AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This is just good for the soul. No words can express how good this chapter was and how much I love this series. Usui Shio is a master of fluff. I just can't get over how Kurumi blindsided Ruriko and how precious gobsmacked Ruriko is.

I know people are gonna talk about the end more but…

You have done this community a great service, and I appreciate you. That was the first thing to come to mind.

last edited at Feb 1, 2023 6:41AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I legit thought there was going to be at least some "will they, won't they" with these two, especially playing around Kana's supposed innocence, but no, it's full speed ahead motherfuckers and I'm all here for it.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I think what I like most is that you usually don't see the "adults" become these bumbling messes, but Granny here practically ceased all functions. The chapter was both adorable and heartwarming. Hoping it goes big.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

(Other poster, in response to me punching my furniture)

In a good way or a bad way?

Listen... I can't. I just can't. Look, okay, sometimes when the blood is rushing to your face, sometimes you need a little forehead bloodletting. Okay?

I'm gonna go and say it's in a good way, then.

...I disagree with the idea that she just wants to apologize to Mai...

The way I read it is Asumi wants to make things clear. where did the kiss come from, does Mai still feel the same, are those feelings that Asumi reciprocates, if they share another kiss how would it feel? So long as there's this cloud over her I don't think she'd be able to even think bout actually dating.

Fact: Asumi isn't in love with anyone. Asumi isn't looking for a girlfriend. Asumi has discovered the pleasures of lesbian sex and is now focused on having sex with as many attractive lasses as possible...

As mentioned above I also think that there's a bit more to chew here than just that, but I can't say you're wrong about most things you mentioned. Either case, I just want you to know that I love this take.

... think if the story does end up with Nanao and Asumi as a couple it will be a story where they might just actually continue going to lesbian brothels as part of a healthy relationship which would be both incredibly fun and something I haven't really seen before.

I also love this take. It would make so much sense contextually, dude. It's pretty much the perfect development.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm not gonna lie. Main reason I've been following this is that I love the artist's style and works, and this is really fucking hot, especially some of the stuff I've seen in subsequent chapters. That said, I do not know that I still have it in me to keep following this. This absurd trainwreck isn't really what I'm looking for, though I cannot say it isn't entertaining.

I will say that in all honesty, I prefer that Yuni and Fuuka end up together in the end. They actually have chemistry and some sort of dynamic going. If only it could develop in a more wholesome manner, I'd be ecstatic. Conversely, Natsume has not done a single thing in what I've read to actually redeem herself or even make an interesting character of herself, which is big reason for my preference. In any case, we'll see what's what.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

... Asumi is right in her self-assessment...

I think that she's constantly selling herself short, and we see it plentifully with how pretty much everyone falls in love with her one way or another. Even this chapter with the umbrella thing.

In any case, I loved this chapter and its developments. I love that Nanao went for it, and especially that she did it the way I hoped she would with the "and they're sitting next to me" line. I love that both were honest and actually talked it through. And I also think the practice date with Serin was a great way to show exactly that Asumi sells herself short on the whole dating aspect of things. also was hot, which I personally like both because it's thematically consistent and... uh... hot.

I can see why some folks are on the fence and stuff. But honestly, I don't see any major heartbreak happening; I don't see anyone being particularly insensitive to another or any other major turbulence. This isn't the series' flavor, simple as that. If anything Nanao and Asumi came to a mutual agreement of sorts in a mature manner that we will now see play out, and I think Serina's situation is interesting because I think that she's more quick to develop attachments in general (which was core part of her chapter) than full-on in love with Asumi, so her reaction and subsequent teasing are more in good taste than one would expect. I definitely agree with most of what flowsthead has commented. I'll add that I do not take Asumi's reaction to Nanao as flat-out rejection; rather it was her simply being honest about her situation which might complicate things, and it seemed to me that she is open to the idea, but is hesitant and still needs closure.

In any case, loved the chapter, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out. I'll say that I want these two to get down at some point at least, but this being the endgame or part of the endgame wink-wink nudge-nudge is more than welcome.

As sort of an aside. I'm really impressed by how implicitly explicit the sex scenes are. Clever angles and framings that leave no room for doubt but plenty for the imagination. Big fan.

edit: "It's tough, huh? You want it, huh?" I'm going to break my desk, my nightstand, my bookshelf, my bed frame, and every window in the vicinity

In a good way or a bad way?

last edited at Jan 30, 2023 4:20AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Wonderful chapter all around. Shion's fire and passion were finally lit once more, and I'm interested in seeing if this impacts her dynamic with Mona and how. Will we get a side ship? Methinks so.

Seeing the continuous development of the dynamic between Kiki and Michiru is also great. I think Michiru came to some big realization at the end there, and I'm excited to see what exactly it is and how it plays out. I'm betting it's something related to love. Not necessarily romantic, but hopefully so.

The fact that there's actually some sort of rivalry developing between the former pair and the latter is also really exciting. I'm a big fan of the fact that it is Kiki who made Shion remember and reignite her passion. Really looking forward to what comes next, hopefully some romance-related developments.

Also, my keyboard doesn't have the letters W, A, Q, and Z due to my severe drinking problems and this comment was hell to write.

...A pair that was essentially slacking off...

Pretty certain that at this point, they haven't slacked off in a good while, and both have been practicing pretty seriously. To me, it feels like both have earned it, especially now with Shion's fire reignited.

last edited at Jan 29, 2023 7:52AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Ayyy lessgo! I love Rurika's energy. She goes all in and I appreciate that. For some reason, I do not expect Komugi to have gotten the memo even after all that, but we'll see if that happens. Also, part of me expects the new girl, whose design I love by the way, to go something along the lines of "oh shit, I am digging this..." Hopefully, that's the game plan here.

last edited at Jan 28, 2023 10:13AM