Forum › Posts by Erika___

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Small update on the pdf/epub versions. I managed to get Amazon to stop downscaling images, and those have now been updated to use higher resolutions ones. The kindle cover have also been replaced with the novel versions (someone mentioned about that). This will be the practice going forward, but I won't update the old images here on dynasty since that's too much of a hassle.

The rest of this volume should be out in a day or two.

Thank you!!!! Looking forward to spending Christmas reading Adashima haha.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

When Shimamura is talking with Adachi, there are times when she purposely making her voice sound unkind. Anyone knows why she's doing that? To tease Adachi? I dont really get why she does that.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Yeah it's funny cuz whenever adachi isn't around shima is subtly missing her, when shima has to hang around others she's thinking about how it would be better with adachi... and then with adachi she's like... ok can I go home now?

Don't get me wrong im still enjoying the series, It just annoys me cuz it feels kind of artificial, like in the first volume or two the two of them were constantly lowkey flirting, finding excuses to touch each other, etc. Now they're circling around in a status quo, when there's such more interesting ideas the story could be exploring.

I think Shimamura just doesnt want to spend too much time with anyone. But for that little time that she wants to be with someone, she prefer that someone to be Adachi.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Adachi is so awkward but also very straight forward. Her lines are smooth but her actions are not. This chapter really showed how much she missed Shimamura. And that was a very awkward phone call ah, do people really think that hard during phone calls? About who should speak now and think of a topic and stuff? Or maybe that was just Adachi and Shimamura thing? Really, these two are so strange yet so cute.

Thanks again sneik,shadesofgreymoon and team! The past 2 chapters were lacking interactions from the MCs so I was very happy that you guys quickly released a new and a very sweet chapter.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

PS:
Where does Adashima takes place again? Not in Nagoya right, because they had to ride a train for 20 min to get there.

Gifu or somewhere between Nagoya and Gifu. Gifu Castle is mentioned in the story later on I think.

Yeah thanks. Also, I read in Hitoma and Moke's interview that the mall in the story is MALera mall in Gifu.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Adachiiiiiiii. Why is my baby so lonely? It hurts.
2 chapters were released without much interaction from Adachi and Shimamura. And although this volume is making me sad, I think the story really needed something like this for Adachi to have the courage to move forward. Im very excited for the next chapter, because the two of them will hang out again right? Right??? I realy missed seeing them together.

Again, thank you sneikkeimies and team!

PS:
Where does Adashima takes place again? Not in Nagoya right, because they had to ride a train for 20 min to get there.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I want Taru to show Shima the GAY. She needs help getting there.

I don't specifically need it to be Taru, but the deeper we get into this thing especially knowing that they do eventually start dating the more curious I find myself getting about how Shimamura - with her attachment to the low-energy status quo and low-energy nature - is going to react when somebody inevitably comes right out and asks more of her.

Taru looks experienced, right?
But it may kill Adachi if some other girl will be the one to show Shimamura the GAY.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

They skipped Adachi's birthday too in their first year.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Taru's a surprisingly fun, likable character for a love rival. On the other hand, I'm becoming increasingly unclear on what anyone sees in Shima

Strange girls tend to like Shimamura because she tolerates their strange behavior.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Oh? So the school trip is all written in Shimamura's POV? As much as I love her, I still wanted to read some chapters in Adachi POV, cause obviously, her POV is much gayer. Lol

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

New chapter, yay! It became a habit for me to refresh this page daily, so I am really happy when there is an update. Thank you again sneikkimies, shadesofgreymoon and team!

Well then, I have always wondered how Shimamura currently feel about Adachi and this chapter basically showed it, even though she didn't interact with Adachi at all. I was under the impression in the last volume that Adachi was slightly special to her but it seems like I was wrong. Yep, she is just going with the flow. Adachi was doing all the effort to maintain their relationship and Shimamura just can't say no to Adachi or to anyone. It's like Adachi isn't even her friend, just another classmate. On the last part of the chapter, she is even on the verge of forgetting about Adachi and go with the current flow which is hanging out with those 3 new classmate and Tarumi. So if Adachi didn't call out to her in the end, their story would have likely ended up in Volume 3. Current Shimamura would never make a first move. She is mysterious, uncaring, but that is probably why people wanted to get her attention. Shimamura is such a chick magnet huh. Oh poor Adachi.

I am looking forward to Shimamura's progress in her love story with Adachi. Can't wait to see someone like her finally fall in love.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

They are all interesting, but above all, the last two of volume 8. It makes me very curious about their current relationship because the reciprocity seems quite obvious.

Well, it is volume 8 already after all. We all know Shimamura will eventually reciprocate Adachi's feelings.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Is this Non's art style? Or they hired different artist for character design?

Anime usually have their own character designers, although it is of course based on the original designs.

Yeah but I remember that Non also worked in the anime of Chuunibyo. Hoping that she'll do the same for Adashima.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

For reference:

gay drawings

Is this Non's art style? Or they hired different artist for character design?

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Forgot to mention, I really like the changes in art style. Seems more modern. The girls became beautiful from being just cute, especially Shimamura.

Also, thanks again tranlator and team!

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I love the first part. Who was that anyway? Her narration is so good and so bittersweet. Adachi was so different back then. Seems like she is way way colder before (even colder than Shimamura). I would have love to see more of that side of her. Why is the girl calling Adachi by her first name? And why is Adachi not bothered by it? Do they have the same surname or something? So many questions in my mind, I do hope the future chapters will answer this.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 4:59AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Adachi is truly such a baby.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

P248, "We got to the second floor, and as I bought tickets from the machine there, I was reminded of Adachi.
I could more or less guess how she would react if she was to see me with another friend. And I didn’t want that to happen.
Not again."

Hm? "Not again"? I can only recall this happening when she was with Nagafuji, but Shimamura doesn't know Adachi saw them or how she felt. Did I miss or am forgetting something?

Maybe Yashiro? Adachi run away the first time she saw Yashiro talking with Shimamura.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Thanks as always translators, sneikkimies and team, looking forward to Volume 4 ,5 onwards, with the most awaited telephone scene. I am getting so excited. Thanks again, truly appreciate it.

Please give me the details on this telephone scene. I must know.

for what I remembered, it was happened in Volume 5, when Adachi was hit of jealousy coz Shimamura was out in a festival with Tarumi, and Adachi called Shimamura, rumbling some words. And she did talked all those words repeatedly in that phone call. All in all, it’s an Adachi talking for how many pages in the book while Shima just listening. Lol. I personally find it annoying, and laughable but it also a bit creepy if I’m in Shima’s shoes.

Yeah. Mostly Adachi's jealous rambling for 4 pages. She talks about how she's obsessed with Shimamura, how she doesn't want to be just normal friends with her. She wants to know who that other girl is and she doesn't want in no way be less important to Shimamura than this girl or anyone. It physically hurts her she says. She asks if Shimamura even thinks about her at all because herself can't help but only think about her, that she wants to know more about Shimamura, where she is, with who etc, that she's willing to change her behavior to match Shimamura's preference. And all Shimamura could say is mendou kusai na~

I only read the summary though. Cant wait to read the whole thing.

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 6:54AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Is the cheerful aura of Shimamura during her date with Adachi in the Nagoya station due to the fact that she finds the message thing sign funny and wanted to surprise Adachi? Or was it like an effect of her interaction wih Tarumi the day before when she slightly went back to being cheerful and stuff. Pretty hard to tell because her POV ended with the Tarumi date. I sure hope the reason is the former because it would crush Adachi if some other girl causes Shimamura to change. And also, I prefer the indifferent Shimamura.

As for Adachi, she sure is strange. Getting worked up about Valentines but ending up buying the chocolate on the day itself. It made it look like Shimura was the prepared one. But on that last chapter, Adachi being so out of character, so happy to the point of jumping and all, was so cute and sweet. Too bad the volume ended there, so we cannot see how she reacted when she found out that Shimamura saw her.

Thanks as always translators, sneikkimies and team, looking forward to Volume 4 ,5 onwards, with the most awaited telephone scene. I am getting so excited. Thanks again, truly appreciate it.

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 7:45AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh my gooood. Thanks so much!!!

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I re-read the chapters again and noticed something. Do the characters here really not use honorifics?
Or is it just the translation?

Erika___
Yuri Moyou discussion 11 Oct 08:42
Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I miss Serina. I want 10 volumes of her and boss.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

AFAIK sneik intends to continue translating. Just keep in mind that chapters that are twice as long as usual are twice as long to release, so don't mistake a longer wait time for a cessation of release.

Thanks again translators. <3
Will wait patiently for the next chapter. Excited for Shimamura's POV. Just like most of the characters here, I also have a crush on her xD

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Things that were great this chapter:

Adachi nearly melting down out of embarrassment at asking Shima about valentine's.
Adachi nearly melting down out of joy at Shimamura calling her hair style cute
Adachi trying to give Shimamura a "you make me a better person!" speech like, right outside their classroom, and inevitably failing
Adachi getting so wound up in her little romantic fantasies with Shimamura that she can't even muster up her normal "it's not like I have a crush on her tho" narration.
The inevitable coming punchline of Adachi getting handcrafted chocolates from Shimamura and being like, "Oh god, anything but more chocolate"

Adachi is such a baby. Too cute!

Now please author, some dang Shimamura development already please

Agreed. I love Shimamura's casual and indifferent behavior but a little development wouldn't hurt. I mean, Adachi's doing all the work here, it's kinda sad looking at her efforts not being appreciated enough.