Forum › Posts by Doctor_Hoot

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think some people are putting too much emphasis on Asumi's goal of finding Mai through having sex with a bunch of other women... Like don't get me wrong, consensual non-monogamy would be cool, but this isn't exactly typical romantic development (Asumi is not chasing Mai because she's madly in love with her). From a storytelling perspective, finding Mai is primarily an excuse for Asumi's lesbian brothel adventures, not the main point of the story.

I also don't get the criticism that these chapters are straying too far from the premise. Why is it a bad thing that Asumi found someone she wants to do it with without paying for it? Was she supposed to limit herself to buying sex for the whole series? And both her and Nanao's experience with paid-for sex gave them a bit of extra courage to cross the line with each other, so the development is not random at all. I for one can't wait to see where it all goes, regardless of which ship (if any) sails in the end.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

johnb posted:

Seriously, is there any real possibility for Hibiki and Chihaya getting together, romantically, or is it just going to a one sided thing. I'm looking for spoilers hear. I'm not really interested in reading a long heart wrenching yuri series just to see the guy walk away with girl in the end.

The manga is ongoing. How could anyone spoil you? And besides, I think the title spells pretty clearly the guy won't walk away with the girl.

The alternative translation of the title is phrased as a question: "Boys Who Get Between Yuri Are Better Off Dead?!" (The original title ends with an exclamation mark and question mark: 「百合にはさまる男は死ねばいい!?」/ "Yuri ni Hasamaru Otoko wa Shineba Ii!?")

I would answer that question with a yes, but I don't know if the author agrees with me...

last edited at May 28, 2023 4:45PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm impressed, Sara managed to keep her composure with Natalia's arm around her waist

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

So did Rutou choose Wamura for a "deep" reason, or was she just curious about the nerdy little creature sitting behind her in class

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

She said the thing

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I see absolutely zero chance of "poly". Honestly thank goodness. It would just not make any sense, also tbh I dislike it.

Well if the poly disliker forecasts a 0% chance of poly, then it can't be helped I suppose :(

last edited at May 24, 2023 4:29PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I know it's the least weird thing about this, but it bothers me a bit that other teachers don't seem to exist at the school. Most unhinged chapter so far either way

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I hope OL hunter and Risa hung out after that

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

She's such a dumbass lol

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This is cinema

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm guessing the body swap will keep happening until Shiba explains why she left five years ago. Not sure why she tried to run away this time... Maybe because of the school girl that confessed to her while she was posing as Hamster?

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Cesarzebrah-1653308782116753408-img1

^^^ I think characters being into trash cans is a popular joke in the HSR fandom? I don't really go there though

last edited at May 16, 2023 1:26PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"There's something about off-beat girls; I always end up..."

Does she know?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Do we know how old the Rose is? When it comes to the underworld it's not unusual to have characters that dropped out / never went to school because they had to work instead. She definitely looks older than Benika but depending on what the author has in mind I can see the gap being as low as a 18 and 20 situation.

Rose is ex-military, so I wouldn't place her that young. Although we don't know how long she served, in what kind of military, or the age where she signed up

last edited at May 12, 2023 3:48PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This is unusual for me, but I'm getting some gender vibes from Gran. Maybe Nekotarou just does not enjoy drawing masculine men, but bro is serving a tomboy prince look to an extent I'm not used to in Yuri. On its own, he could just be a feminine guy, but there's also the development in this chapter, where Natori suggests his role as a future king does not have to be set in stone. And if that's true, and something that diverges from the game's story, then he might take a sip from the gender fluid at some point. I'm almost definitely wrong though...

Lapis' agent from chapter 4 might be paired up with Gran if it's a guy, or with Diana if it's a girl (if a secret third thing then I don't even have a guess). Well, there might never be any definitive couples besides Lapis x Natori, though Catulus Syndrome did have a B couple as far as I remember

Neko has drawn images with Diana and Prince anyway (actually she did a live stream of one of them). So it does seem like they'll have some sort of relationship whether that's friendship, romantic, or not.

There is a bit on that stream where Nekotarou seems to say that (disclaimer: I am basing this on MTL, so do take it with several grains of salt) despite what the drawing might imply, Gran is not Diana's love interest, since the characters are from a Yuri manga.

The stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEa62A210g&t=5642s 1:34:02 ~ 1:34:53

Transcript (based on Youtube's auto-captions and my ears where it seemed off):

でも、百合漫画なんでちゃんとこの男子は恋愛にこは絡んでないです。
見ての通り険悪な関係性なんで安心してもらって。
今回の絵で百合漫画っていうのなんかすごい信じてもらえないからすごいですね。
なんかちょっと…この契約な感じとか…なんならこう男女物の恋愛漫画でこういう雰囲気の剣カップルみたいのもいるじゃいないですか。
こんなこと言うとすごいダイアナちゃんに怒られそうだけど…
ダイアナちゃんにもグランくんにも怒られそうだけど、あの、こういう雰囲気の剣カップル…男女、恋愛漫画っぽさも、例「?」はある。
全然そんなことないんで、ちょっと安心していただければ。

last edited at May 12, 2023 3:35PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

Yeah, the imagery with Lady Justice, and the bit about "keeping the system running" also makes me think these guys are feds

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I can't believe they put Woke Politics in my Yuri manga...

That ugly ass cross is almost definitely a wire, but it's a bit too obvious? Like the bishop gave it to the priest without any normal explanation; only a complete idiot would not be suspicious.

last edited at May 7, 2023 8:36PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Nideaneng-1653480393654558722-img1

^^^ wtf it's true

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The oneshot is a tough act to follow but I'm feeling good about this. I hope the moment at the station during sunset will be included in the next chapter. Also, I wonder if the book hinting at the unsettling reality of the world is foreshadowing... Well, probably not.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Kuran already has the skills required to launch a tech startup

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Junna rejected Nana at graduation so Nana could pursue her dreams. Then years later when Junna achieves her own dream, she returns the confession. I struggle to see the logical connection...

Junna's apology is also kind of weird, because while she takes responsibility, she does not express actual regret. She made Junna wait many years, and at no point does she say "I shouldn't have done that."

It feels like this fan work tries to create a grounded romance for the characters, but it applies an almost unhinged logic to Junna's side of the drama: that she had to abandon Nana for the sake of The Stage. That sort of thing works in the show because the plot and the way it's presented are so abstract, but it feels dissonant here. The idea that this was necessary is treated as if it was obvious, instead of something that requires at least some further explanation.

Still, I feel bad for getting so hung up on this part, because the art is very nicely drawn, and it's clear that the creator loves these characters.

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 7:06PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

If they are so fidgety around each other in such an un-romantic place as a pachinko parlor, it's true love

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Kawase's rizz is too strong. Mori was blushing so much even her arms turned red (which is probably not that unrealistic, just a bit uncommon in manga).

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

That said,the events of this chapter of a series that finally got an update is a little on the nose if one takes a look at the Girls' Frontline community in the past 24 hours.

This chapter came out a few months ago (ch 5 is the latest)

So Dynasty being slow as usual or the scanlations being slow?

The scanlator group released the chapter two days ago. My point was just that the contents of the chapter should not be taken as commentary on recent events

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Kasumi already felt loved by Aki, she just didn't know that Aki loved her this way. Unlike the "I love you's" she has been manipulated with so far, a tearful confession from the girl who has been there for her during tough times is more than just empty validation.

Kasumi also dropped an "I love you" to Aki while she was staying at her place. Platonic as it may have been at the time, it was definitely affectionate.