Forum › Posts by Klice

Klice
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:24
Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Saburouta has already received death threats from (western) fans. Go figure.

Holy fuck... Some people are mental. I was actually wondering if Saburouta had to deal with angry fans judging by the reactions of some people in here (most notable one, a person wishing that the author of Nestuzou Trap gets cancer); but to have it actually happen... Well, what am I saying, this is the internet, the place where the respect died some time since... Wait, do you have to be born in the first place before dying?

I like Yuzu [...].

This at least proves that the author can write good characters; the fact that you're angry at the writing when the whole point of the genre is to make the character suffer is also proof that author succeeded in the type of story she wanted to write. She's not perfect, far from it, the story isn't original, far from it, but it's still pretty good, otherwise not that many people would have taken interest in it.

I want Yuzu to be happy but I got a feeling she will only be happy at the Final chapter which sucks to be honest, she deserves more than that, and let her actually live in it.

She was quite happy for the last three volumes.

On the other hand...

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER! ahem, sorry.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 3:31PM

Klice
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:32
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere?

It's going somewhere, just not the way you like, I guess.

So do not marry at all and life together with your "sister"?

Single women are frowned upon in Japan, when you're close to 30yo, if you're still single everybody begins to tell you "It'd be time you married a man and make some children". Once again, hate the country, not the author!

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:33PM

Klice
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:19
joined Jun 23, 2017

She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision?

She decided to inherit the school and we have talked at length how for the sake of reputation you can't lead a school of rich young girl if you're a lesbian. Don't hate Saburouta, hate the country!

Of course, Mei is still weak and she is running away. But she is running away out of her own accord. Using pride, honour, work or whatever to flee from your feeling isn't out of character. I'm still a bit disappointed, but that doesn't make it bad writing in my book.

But this chapter was not what i expected. Ending of 35 chapter looked like "cliffhanger" for me. And what we got? Time-skip.

It's stretching things a bit yes, perhaps she judged it would be better to solve everything in another manner than to have Mei magically saying "ok fuck the school and my duty, I'm going to live a good love life with my lesbian step-sister".

I would've wished that but that's just my wishes and it wouldn't have made sense. Perhaps the time skip is the time Mei needs to stand for herself and make her choice. But the poor thing needs help most for managing her love life. Perhaps daddy, perhaps shirapon or even eyebrow-chan.

And the suffering is what brought (and many readers) to love the story, so she couldn't end it without one last big drama. At some point, you should have known and stopped as many did.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:31PM

Klice
Yurucamp discussion 17 Feb 10:46
joined Jun 23, 2017

Anyway, I'm not the only one who is convinced that the drunk teacher's brother is actually a woman right ?

I thought so too in the manga at first, until the translation said "he", I was a bit surprised. In the anime, the voice sounds like a young boy voice, though.

Klice
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 09:38
joined Jun 23, 2017

I mean bad writing.

I don't think so, it follows the intrigue quite logically. Some could say it's cop out (for Mei as well, ironically), but since it makes sense, I can't help but feel like it's one's own feeling that comes into the judgment (obv). Of course, I would've hoped a deus ex machina of any sort, I guess I would've liked to see Mei struggle with her decision a bit more and maybe try to make it work... But that are just my wishes, that something different has happened isn't bad writing. It's simple, but it's not bad.

Some find it bad because it's simple and they think if something isn't overly smart and subtle, then it's bad. Some just hate the drama, for whatever reasons, so they call it forced and try to dismiss it as cheap tricks or whatever. Some just don't like it, I guess. It's more by the book, than bad : my reasons are because it makes me feel something (so the intent is there for me and numerous people) and it makes sense inside the scope of the story (that'd be bad if it didn't).

Sorry for the rambling!

Is it really the path she has the strong will to follow (to quote Mitsuko in chapter 20)? I doubt it because she recognized she couldn't be in front of Yuzu without breaking down. So her will is challenged.

Yeah, I say it's Mei's choice but the fact that, in the translation I've read, she says that she can't face Yuzu or she would falter... I mean, it's an easy cop-out, I do it all the time : take shelter in "duties" and taking the "most reasonable" decision just because you're afraid of dealing with your emotions and insecurities...

I admit time-skip are frustrating, I would've wished to see how Yuzu had reacted when she read the letter the first time. The fact that she seems to still be devastated two years (?) later makes me wary of her state at the time. A week long of crying not moving from your bed? All the sad faces of her friend, which probably happen daily.. Damn, the angst, the suffering. Saburouta-sensei's strong, really strong at messing with her characters (and mine) feelings. But more importantly, I wonder what she did, did she try to get Mei back or did she, as I was thinking, just give up her love to let Mei follow her own choices? It seems to be the latter.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 12:43PM

Klice
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 05:38
joined Jun 23, 2017

Am I the only one who's not surprised?
Mei has been iffy on the relationship from the very beginning, and clearly was still loyal to the grandfather. Sadly, this was kind of inevitable.

I don't think this is a way of skipping the story arc. It's an unfortunate development WITHIN the story arc.

Not (really) surprised, still hurt a bit to see it happening. I mean it seemed obvious from the past chapters that the school and responsibilities is what Mei put first and foremost since the start of the story, so it seems "logical" for her to go down that route. I guess the point of the arc is either somebody (her Dad, Yuzu's mum?) or Mei herself making Mei realising that this may not be the best route for her after all.

The wait will be long...

Be honest this new chapter is... low. Just low. [...] Or we can stop read this.

If you meant it hurt badly, I guess it is. It's emotionally "bad" for the characters, because "we" want them to be happy but it makes sense, so it's not really bad. That said, I'll keep reading it, because I think it's worth it in the end!

Klice C'mon now, you know better. Just leave them to their bile.

Apologies.

Klice
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 20:54
joined Jun 23, 2017

[...] don't have to remind me every time I criticise a bad manga.

You mean every time you're crying because things don't go the way you want? I'll gladly remind you what are my shit tastes every time you can't refrain from mentally jerking yourself off for having the best standards, ever.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 9:01PM

Klice
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 20:42
joined Jun 23, 2017

Support bad yuri, recieve nothing but bad yuri.

What are opinions. But I can't wait for your two thousands words long essay explaining me why this is objectively the worst yuri story ever :3

Klice
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 20:25
joined Jun 23, 2017

I pity anyone that kept buying books past volume 4.

It's great, no need for your pity, I'm here for the angst anyway. But it'd be cool if you didn't stay here, you clearly don't enjoy the stories since a long time ago, you can just leave.

That said, I can't wait to see what explanation Mei is giving. I'm a bit disappointed naturally, since she was saying they had to keep going despite not matter what everybody said but... We'll see. It's funny, I didn't think I would feel that way after I read the first six volumes in a row each evening during my week of vacation when I discovered that series. The series that made me completely embrace my inner yurifag.

The wait will be long though, still maintain that this shouldn't be read monthly, but everything in one go.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 8:40PM

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

The one shot is still the best, I guess the consensus is that it's not really a prequel, but I still kinda like the story anyway. Some kind of almost-NTR that was defused before it could blow up. Is it complete or not?

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

She was busy with that published series she had and took a break from it.

I wonder if we will ever see it here, there's only one chapter translated atm.

Klice
Yurucamp discussion 16 Feb 07:38
joined Jun 23, 2017

No shit, Sherlock. Even if they were gay for each other, it's not the centre of the story, so of course it won't happen. That said, it's also the case with all those CGDCT with even more subtext or blatant yuri crush.

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Always loving her work, as manipulative or selfish her characters can be.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Disappointed obviously, it called for way more chapters and a way more developed story. I guess if I take it as a one shot of five chapters, it's all right. I loved it but it's not enough :<

Klice
Yurucamp discussion 15 Feb 19:12
joined Jun 23, 2017

Ship all you want but I personally enjoy this because it doesn't present any subtext. It's nice having a series about girls that doesn't suggest they want romance or sex from one another, just friendship. I'm more than seasoned enough to spot a hint, but I haven't found any in either the anime or manga.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to have yuri on a heavy yuri reader forum. Shun the non-believer!!

I'm more than seasoned enough to spot a hint, but I haven't found any in either the anime or manga.

That depends on the amount of affection you're used to display for your friends. I personally don't think of getting souvenirs for my friends when I travel, nor do I look at pictures of my friend. Or just then, in the last episode when she thinks the brother and the sister maybe came as a couple and smiles/blush, then it fades toward Rin; then there's Rin finding Nadeshiko's sister cute... That's at least subsubtext!

It could mean anything, but I'm not just shipping for the sake of shipping! No sir! I have my reasons.

And holy shit Rin actually going to Nadeshiko's tent after refusing it. This show's too cute for his own sake. Loving the drunk teacher as well, hope we'll see a bit of them at school.

Klice
Yuru Yuri discussion 15 Feb 07:32
joined Jun 23, 2017

I can't remember any of their interactions so I can't really say. I'll need some rereading. XD

It's just one chapter, but it's too sweet for me to not want this ship to sail...

I even marked it to reread it when I can, when I need a fix of sugar : https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuru_yuri_ch101_1

last edited at Feb 15, 2018 7:37AM

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

I mean, say what you will about CENSORSHIP and whatnot, but I don't think any country wants to be known as a haven for pedophiles, [...].

Everybody knows molesting a child is bad, everybody knows that in almost all cases dating a minor or having a large age-gap at younger ages can be problematic. As long as you know this, I don't see the problem with these kind of stories*, they're just wishful thinking - it's exactly because they can't work in real life that people who enjoys them like the whole idea : also, hentai or violent stories aside, those kind of stories tend to be filled with diabetes inducing sweetness.

Now for the dubious analogy : Everybody knows murder is a bad thing, in most cases, you shouldn't kill anybody because taking a life is not a trivial thing and can hurt a lot of people, even the one who accomplishes the act. However, there are numerous stories/medium glorifying the act depending on the context, painting it as something justified or even positive, and are critically acclaimed and accepted by many - mostly to cater to (for some of us) our inner anger, some kind of cathartic stuff to expel any violent urges, or just to let off steam after a stressful day. Those films didn't make murder or murderers more accepted in society, I assume it's the same for lolicon stories; so why censor them?

I guess it's an unpopular opinion and most people will keep seeing those stories as a way to make paedophilia acceptable (since there are still people believing videogames makes you into a mass murdering psychopath) so, in the end, it will probably be censored.

* Except for those for which/whom/who(?) it hit too close to home (like Jess in this thread), but the same goes with those who had any trauma or problem, rape victims, those who lost a loved one, etc., if you have take into consideration every single one individual that might get offended or hurt by a story or just a portion of it, you won't have many stories left. Best thing to do is to warn people of what is inside the story, which is what is done in here, so you can avoid what you don't like and prevent your children from reading what you don't want them to (because think of the children!).

@Jess, I'm glad to see that you're comfortable enough with your trauma to talk about them, but I can't help to wonder why you started to read the story if it hurt you that much? Perhaps some kind of therapy to face it? I admire your courage anyway. Sorry if I'm intruding, feel free to ignore my message or insult me. If it's too much, you can delete this part, Nezchan.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 10:35AM

Klice
Yuru Yuri discussion 14 Feb 08:43
joined Jun 23, 2017

Nana and Rise are more like sister or mother/daughter in my eyes. The interactions we've seen between Azuma and Nana are just too precious to let it go to waste.

Also p.e teacher's bio confirms possible YuixKyoko?? Or author is just trolling?

Isn't that just because Kyouko doesn't want Yui to join any other club? Well, I guess if you take it as shipping fuel, it works too.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 8:49AM

Klice
Yuru Yuri discussion 13 Feb 21:06
joined Jun 23, 2017

I wanted more of Azuma and Nana. I got it. Thank you.

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Hope that in the future chapters it will be nice and no drama but you never know.

I don't know... The angst is what hooked me in the first place, back in 2013-14. I'd feel lost if there weren't any more... She said she wanted to do 11 volumes, don't know if she will hold it. If she ends it early, perhaps we'll have more fluff and they live happy together forever.

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Is Mimika's friend still dying from that flying spinning heel kick?

RIP, she crossed the path of too many deadly lolis.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I want more yuri in spy/war stories. I want more Princess Principle as well.

Nice short, thank you for the translation!

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Is it over?

I sure hope not. I don't care how illegal/morally bad it is, I demand a kiss before the end of the story.

Klice
joined Jun 23, 2017

Patience!

Klice
Yurucamp discussion 11 Feb 01:50
joined Jun 23, 2017

After this week episode, and rereading all the chapter, I am convinced that Rin is totally gay for Nadeshiko now.

It's funny, I thought it was the other way around and I was seeing Rin's subtle hints thanks to the manga. I should rewatch and reread everything more carefully, yes!

I really love that Rin isn't the perfect camping girl and not entirely emotionless. Just a loner with a calm behaviour that can also screws up and get angry. Nadeshiko is the best friend she could asks to make her come out of her shell some more!